Discussions on Formal Sentencing Hearing - Jodi Arias #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is one big difference with Scott and Jodi. She admits to butchering her victim, but claims self defense, (he deserved it) whereas Scott never admitted to killing his wife. That case always bothered me because of the big deal everyone made of Scott going fishing on Christmas Eve. My husband also went fishing but then so did Laci's mothers live in boyfriend. I also didn't like the magic dog that followed a scent 90 miles on the freeway in a car. They drug that judge up out of retirement too. He may have killed her but I never would have voted for conviction, too much reasonable doubt. Hate me if you want but that's my opinion.

Scott told some he went fishing and others that he went golfing on that Christmas Eve day. His fishing lures etc were not even opened up - so he apparently fished with just a line in the water. Yeah...right. He made numerous trips to the bay after Laci disappeared - driving for hours round trip for a quick look-see at the water - who does that?! He also mentioned Laci was "missing" before she ever went missing. He's as guilty of murdering Laci as Jodi is of murdering Travis.

Then the casing would have been air born for a short time in order to land the way it did. If kicked and it rolled into the blood, it would have had blood on the top of the casing instead of just the bottom. That is why I believe it happened last. JMO

There is a tile grout line near the casing, it's quite likely it was at that location first and blood pooled underneath it. There are just too many variables to say with any amount of certainty which occurred first imo. Only the lying liar knows and she'll never tell.

Then the casing would have been air born for a short time in order to land the way it did. If kicked and it rolled into the blood, it would have had blood on the top of the casing instead of just the bottom. That is why I believe it happened last. JMO

Maybe once it hit the blood, it stopped rolling?

I posted previously my theory. I am of the "shot came first" camp. The reason for this is because the shot was delivered at the top right of his head. He was stuffed into the shower laying on his right side. The shot could not have come last in the shower, as positioning, etc would have made that very improbable.

The reason Dr. Horn didn't find hemorrhage in the wound is because he sat in that shower, draining while she washed sheets, showered, and then rinsed him off.

As far as the possibility of Gus Searcy's privates.....if they keep it up, we'll end up viewing all of Prepaid Legal people's junk. Bleh.

OK so you believe the shot came first and he sat there draining while she washed sheets? What about the 29 stab wounds and the almost decapitation? He did get out of that shower.

An appellant court only looks at the trial record to ensure she received a fair trial and to make sure the law was followed. That is it. Its not looking at lies vs truth. Just the court record.

You are absolutely right. I watched Alan Dershowitz on a special about the Abuse Excuse and he said that very thing you did. Only the trial record is reviewed if they accept the appeal. First they have to accept to take the appeal. That is a big IF. With the DP they would have to take it, but Life or lesser they don't. That is why that awful DT kept claiming prosecutorial misconduct.

It was all a bunch of nonsense and remember Nurmi kept saying Det. Flores committed perjury about the gunshot coming first then changing to last. He took that to the AZSC and they RULLED Flores DID NOT commit perjury so that is off the COA list of reasons to give this monster a new trial. And there is no other reason to give this convicted murderer a new trial where she could present new evidence or old evidence. I don't think AZ wants to hear from this woman again, she will not shut up and they know the people of AZ don't want to hear ad nauseam from this defendant.

She wants a do over to try her wiles on other men to get her off completely.

OK so you believe the shot came first and he sat there draining while she washed sheets? What about the 29 stab wounds and the almost decapitation? He did get out of that shower.

Sorry, I should have explained better. After all of the action, there probably would not have been much hemorrhaging on the gunshot wound because of all of the other attacks and the washing of the body.

If the shot would have been last, it would have been out of the shower and the position he would have to had been in makes it awkward.

I think another theory could be that it neither came first or last, but during the "linebacker" pose. I still think first, though. The blood spatter on the sink, I'm convinced that was from the gunshot.

An appellant court only looks at the trial record to ensure she received a fair trial and to make sure the law was followed. That is it. Its not looking at lies vs truth. Just the court record.

And JSS went beyond the pale to let the DT have all the latitude they wanted. Endless bench con. and ex parte meetings. Way beyond any other judges allow. Judge Roland SteileIII said he does not do bench conferences at all. The only thing they can hang their hats on is the alleged PT deleting *advertiser censored* on TA's computer but their own expert said no one was on that computer at 11 pm that night. PT expert said it didn't happen and DT expert Dworkin said it didn't happen only that one DT so called bias expert said it was accessed at 11 and that was the one that didn't have any credentials and used the autopsy program. So they have nothing. And that would not have changed the fact that she butchered him. Not a major fact. They want everyone to believe he deserved to die because he watched *advertiser censored*. It won't work.

And JSS went beyond the pale to let the DT have all the latitude they wanted. Endless bench con. and ex parte meetings. Way beyond any other judges allow. Judge Roland SteileIII said he does not do bench conferences at all. The only thing they can hang their hats on is the alleged PT deleting *advertiser censored* on TA's computer but their own expert said no one was on that computer at 11 pm that night. PT expert said it didn't happen and DT expert Dworkin said it didn't happen only that one DT so called bias expert said it was accessed at 11 and that was the one that didn't have any credentials and used the autopsy program. So they have nothing. And that would not have changed the fact that she butchered him. Not a major fact. They want everyone to believe he deserved to die because he watched *advertiser censored*. It won't work.

Right. The way azl put it theyd have to prove the state intentionally destroyed evidence. If evidence was deleted on accident is immaterial Because the "*advertiser censored*" would not have had a substantial change of outcome. Its like destroyed DNA that would have cleared a person. Its just not the same thing. The ninth circuit is extremely liberal but i don't think cmja will have another go at another trial since that's all an appeal would do. It will go back to prior to The verdict it doesn't go Away and jodi doesn't go home lol

Scott told some he went fishing and others that he went golfing on that Christmas Eve day. His fishing lures etc were not even opened up - so he apparently fished with just a line in the water. Yeah...right. He made numerous trips to the bay after Laci disappeared - driving for hours round trip for a quick look-see at the water - who does that?! He also mentioned Laci was "missing" before she ever went missing. He's as guilty of murdering Laci as Jodi is of murdering Travis.

Exactly, he was also given all those missing posts that were found in his trunk. He sat in a parking lot to pass time rather than placing them in different areas. There were many reasons for his arrest.

Right. The way azl put it theyd have to prove the state intentionally destroyed evidence. If evidence was deleted on accident is immaterial Because the "*advertiser censored*" would not have had a substantial change of outcome. Its like destroyed DNA that would have cleared a person. Its just not the same thing. The ninth circuit is extremely liberal but i don't think cmja will have another go at another trial since that's all an appeal would do. It will go back to prior to The verdict it doesn't go Away and jodi doesn't go home lol

It's not like the Debra Milke's case. She had a corrupt det. and the 9th circuit agreed he lied and was corrupt. That Prosecutor should never have relied on only his say so that she confessed. They had no corroboration of her confession. I agree she was one bad mother just as her father and sister said but I don't believe in railroading anyone to get a conviction. That is why I felt Scott Peterson didn't get a fair trial. Neither did Debra Milke. She communicated with the man that was her boyfriend from her jail cell. It was recorded and she never showed remorse for her child or even mentioned him. I can see why the jury convicted her and sentenced her to Death. But the confession should never have been admitted into evidence. That cop was known for lying and fabricating evidence. DA should have known better. But she did serve 24 years in prison, 22 on death row. So she was punished in a fashion, but now she wants to sue AZ for wrongful conviction and at age 50 she will be a rich woman because of a crooked cop. Can you imagine if this happened to JA? Also look at Debra Milke, she doesn't look too bad for spending 22 years on death row. No missing teeth, and other than grey hair, she doesn't look too bad. None the worse for wear. The food and medical care can't be too bad.:thinking:

Thank You 'mydirtysecret'. That would include both trials - yes? arias lied her buttock off on the stand in both trials. I'm thinking they would have more than 18 days of her lying testimony to ferret out what lies/truth she spewed. I believe the judge made few if any mistakes against the defense so all appeals should be denied. Maybe I'm looking at this too simplistically though.

Samspace, i said on Trial Diaries exactly what you have just said, Debra Milke looks good after serving 22 years on D Row. I don't know much about that Trial so i can't comment.

Can you help me with something that's been bothering me lately or anyone else, thanks. It's to do with Juror 17 of JA Penalty Trial. Some say she had an agenda, she was bias etc etc, if she was a plant how could anyone know for sure that she would get on the jury, am i missing something here?

Thank You 'mydirtysecret'. That would include both trials - yes? arias lied her buttock off on the stand in both trials. I'm thinking they would have more than 18 days of her lying testimony to ferret out what lies/truth she spewed. I believe the judge mad few if any mistakes against the defense so all appeals should be denied. Maybe I'm looking at this too simplistically though.

On her direct appeal, it will look at the trial and sentencing phase at the same time, as if it were a cohesive flow from my understanding. Then there's PCR post conviction relief she could file like ineffective counsel but that's waaay down The road. Even if juan or judge stephens did make ba mistake it doesn't v necessarily mean it puts the conviction In jeopardy either. It could be found as a harmless error. But rarely like i believe only 1% if convictions are overturned. What's important to remember is defendants are entitled to receive a fair trial NOT a perfect one.

That is what I understood as well, she called GS the night Travis was found and not the night she killed him, GS just 'misremembered'.

I always think of Gus saying what he had to say could help or hurt her.....I think she called him the night he was found.

Jodi's phone powered on outside of Kingman Az. about some five or six hours after she murdered Travis. In her interragtion with Det. Flores she changed her story of going up 15 to Las Vegas when he told about her about the mountain range and where her phone hit cell towers. Jodi then said she started out on 10 out of California, saw several signs that said Phoenix, but she was still several hundred miles from there, and didn't even know where Phoenix was. She does admit to being on 93 and going over Hoover Dam got back on 15 outside of Vegas went back over Az.and on up to Salt Lake City.

If you look at a map 93 comes out of Phoenix up to 40 (Jodi tells of seeing signs for Flagstaff or Scottdale,and going the wrong direction) and in Kingman it jogs back to 93. That is how I think she went after killing Travis. Somewhere after that she got lost and ran out of gas and was stranded, and found her phone charger and powered up her phone. IIRC she wasn't asked who gave her any gas to get back on her way. You can track her by the time it takes to get from place to place.

OMG... hope he stays there. :D

Michael Kiefer @michaelbkiefer
· Mar 24
Somewhere in Italy in the journalist protection program. Here they never heard of Jodi Arias, just Amanda Knox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela