Disturbing LA quote

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying, but George doesn't seem to use laughter as a way to deal with stress. I don't think Lee gets the "laughter as a coping mechanism" from George.

During his interviews when George gets stressed, he seems to lash out, not laugh.

That may be because of his turmoil over the situation and is more likely, imo, to be a deliberate, conscious and even coached response. Other circumstances may have caused a response similar to LA.

IMO it's not. Rewatch the video of him and the dog lady.. when he takes the sign and is destroying it.

IMO Lee is the one in that family who "mimic's" human emotions.

EXACTLY! Speaking of blood running cold... I've gotten that feeling from LA more than once and this was one of those times.

No offense, and I hope this doesn't come across as rude, but were we watching the same surveillance video? Tony couldn't give info for lee to write down because he couldn't even get a word in! Hence the comment at the end about lee not shutting up. You've also got to remember that Tony was working for LE at the time and was going by what they told him to do.

I actually shocked that you said Tony doesn't care. I think his willingness to aid investigators in whatever he could, doing multiple interviews to help out, taking a polygraph even, shows to me atleast that he cares a great deal about Caylee and justice for her. That's a lot more than I can say about the A family, including lee... who refused a polygraph.

I never seen lee as an uncle desperately looking for his niece. I seen a guy who was very much aware what his sister had done and was trying to piece it all together. Even in the surveillance lee admitted that he didn't think KC was ever looking for Caylee. I do think lee had ulterior motives meeting up with TL. This is a family who was trying to pin what happened to Caylee on someone else other than KC. Ricardo, Jesse, Amy, Tony.... anyone but KC.
Honest and decent people just don't do that.

:waitasec: I'm sorry but I don't see how you can compare the two statements, and not too sure how it relates to this thread and Lees laughter??? I'm actually a bit concerned that you are willing to see such suspicions in people who did nothing but cooperate with investigators, yet fail to see issues with the very people who have blatantly lied under oath and hindered the investigation into their own granddaughter/nieces' disappearance/murder.

Like I said, I'm not trying to be rude.. I guess i'm just confused as to where you're coming from.

Thanks just wasn't enough. You wrote what I was thinking -- thanks very much!

In listening to one of LA's interviews I noticed a disturbing quote that caught my attention and hadn't noticed before - "the trunk was open, the windows were rolled down to what I assume was to ventilate the horrible smell i had just (laughter) smelled for the first time..."

It just feels very odd that he would make this statement. It wasn't asked and seems so out of place when you think about it. Also, I know he has a nervous laugh but I always wondered if it occurs more when he is about to lie.

Do you have that link handy so we can all refresh our recollections? TIA

It isn't easy. I recently saw a study on ID of brain function in chromic liars.

They actually use TWICE the number of neural plexi as normal people. That may be why they "overspeak."

You know, I was thinking about this the other day. I have stated that I just cannot lie. I'm not good at it, so I just don't do it. I have backtracked a little ... I have an elderly mom with the beginnings of dementia - she's 87 - and sometimes I find it easier to tell a lie to her about something than to explain (which she doesn't understand). But I usually don't just say "yes" or "no" - I will tell a little story. I guess what I am saying is, the more elaborate the lie the easier it is. Hence the whoppers told by KC

BBM

Instead of just throwing out some blanket statements which can be read as nefarious innuendo, (or even rewriting taped history whether consciously or not), how about some specifics that led you to your opinions on this interaction? I don't think I'm alone in my understanding (or misunderstanding) of this post because I've read ahead a bit to some of the responses that challenge the ideas asserted herein. You use some pretty harsh language - 'blood run cold' etc. - but don't explain anything specific to justify how you came to believe these things about someone who was obviously cleared by LE and who, iirc, passed a poly which the entire A clan, including LA, refused.

TL was there aiding LE at the request of LE. There is no doubt he was encouraged to let LA talk without interruption as much as possible; SOP. A lot of us were surprised at just how much the heretofore seemingly closed-mouthed LA did open up and carry on when he thought he was in private with TL. And how did attempting to bait TL with discussion of KC's trampy, philandering ways and other boyfriends aid in LA's search for his niece?

I agree with (I think it was) SFW about the tape thing.. I think Lee might have been taping TonE too.

The first funeral I ever attended was in 4th grade for a classmate. I had to restrain myself from laughing out loud and the more I looked at the faces of my classmates crying, the more I wanted to laugh. To this day, I have wondered what it means. It was my first funeral and it never happened again. I was truly sad that his classmate had died, so it was completely confusing to me that I wanted to laugh.

You know, I was thinking about this the other day. I have stated that I just cannot lie. I'm not good at it, so I just don't do it. I have backtracked a little ... I have an elderly mom with the beginnings of dementia - she's 87 - and sometimes I find it easier to tell a lie to her about something than to explain (which she doesn't understand). But I usually don't just say "yes" or "no" - I will tell a little story. I guess what I am saying is, the more elaborate the lie the easier it is. Hence the whoppers told by KC

I can understand what you are saying. I am in the same situation but I just agree with whatever it is my mother has to say to avoid a confrontation. It is easier on her and me, too. Some times she is okay but when things start coming out of nowhere and make no sense, I just agree.

And again, I'm certainly not trying to draw any conclusions from LA's laughter I just think it is interesting to look at some of the subconcious things we all do because they can sometimes be so telling.

I just began watching CA's deposotion again and was trying to look at the times she took a drink of water. Again, this appears to be another sort of subconcious reaction. I'm not sure why she does it but I'm sure it's not because she is thirsty (have you noticed how long it lasts even after taking so many drinks?)

Here's a quick transcript of a few of the times. It would be great to hear everyone's opinions. I've put mine, but again this is just an opinion.

Making the obsurd sound normal
JM: Have you ever seen a picture of Zanny?
CA: No, but I have a picture in my head. From descriptions, from the last 2 and a half years... (Drink of Water)

Possible lie since the need to call Zanny sure would have come up during the 31 days she was trying to track down her daughter and grandaugher. It's funny how she never has said that she was frantically searching or attempting to locate Zanny's number during this time.
JM: If the need arose that you ever needed to talk to her (Zanny), you would have had to go to these addresses and phone numbers that Casey gave you?
CA: Yes, correct.
JM: Did you ever dial or call or talk to this person.
CA: No, I have not. (Drink of Water)

Possible Lie
JM: Did you ever hear Jesse talk about Zanny?
CA: Yes...
JM: What did he say?
CA: I can't rememnber, I just remember the name came up. (Drink of Water)

Making the obsurd sound normal
JM: Is there any other adult that has said to you 'I have met Zanny and know who she is'.
CA: Not that I'm aware of (long sigh and whispers 'this is not relevant') (Drink of water)

Possible lie. I find it hard to believe the topic of paying for Zanny never came up. I have a feeling Casey used it as an excuse for never having money.
CA: Casey would give me a new phone number for Zanny probably every three months. She said the girl changed her phone number almost like she changed her address.
JM: Did Casey tell you that she was paying Zanny?
CA: I never asked her (Drink of Water)

Possible Lie
JM: How many times did Casey stay out of the house with Zanny and Caylee?
CA: (Drink of Water) What time frame?
JM: Let me narrow it down, how many times was it before June 15th. That Casey stayed out of the house with Zanny?
CA: Maybe on an average, once or twice a month.

Avoidance
JM: There came a point in time when your daughter. According to her, gave Caylee to the babysitter.
CA: What specific date are you talking about? (Drink of Water)
JM: June 15th...
CA: Casey in my understanding never gave Caylee to Zanny (she goes on to correct him that it was June 16th).

Cindy did call JP Ch***'s number around 6 pm on June 25. She stated in her FBI interview (without mentioning that she had ever called this number) that Lee found out that the number Casey gave her for her co-worker "Juliet"'s mom "Maria" was really JP's number. Cindy also had a piece of paper with JP's address on it at the time Casey was arrested, and handed it to the police. I believe she stated at her depo in the civil case that she gave it to the police because it was the last address Casey had given her for Zani.

As far as Cindy knew on June 25, Zani had been in an accident a couple of days earlier in Tampa and had a concussion. Casey was staying at the hospital with her, while "Juliet" watched Caylee and "Annabelle" ("Juliet"'s daughter) for a couple of days at the Marriott near Busch Gardens. Casey had skipped back into town on the 24th to get Zani's insurance papers and some clothes from the house (and to return George's gas cans), then returned to the hospital. Maybe Cindy wanted to get Juliet's cell number to talk to Caylee, and figured she just ask Juliet's "mom" for the number?

Cindy spoke to Casey on the phone for 16 minutes shortly after her call to JP's number. I wonder what happened when Cindy called the number? The call lasted less than a minute, so I bet she got his voice mail. I wonder what lie Casey could have given her that would justify not mentioning anything about the phone call to police? I wonder if Cindy didn't even tell Lee about the call, and that's why he had to discover on his own that the number was not for the person it was supposed to be for.

Truthfully sharing among friends, I do not believe LA has ever had an appropriate word or facial expression since he first was on the camera back in July 08.

Leopards don't change their spots; LA doesn't change his delivery or intent to muck the waters of supporting KC.

Cindy did call JP Ch***'s number around 6 pm on June 25. She stated in her FBI interview (without mentioning that she had ever called this number) that Lee found out that the number Casey gave her for her co-worker "Juliet"'s mom "Maria" was really JP's number. Cindy also had a piece of paper with JP's address on it at the time Casey was arrested, and handed it to the police. I believe she stated at her depo in the civil case that she gave it to the police because it was the last address Casey had given her for Zani.

As far as Cindy knew on June 25, Zani had been in an accident a couple of days earlier in Tampa and had a concussion. Casey was staying at the hospital with her, while "Juliet" watched Caylee and "Annabelle" ("Juliet"'s daughter) for a couple of days at the Marriott near Busch Gardens. Casey had skipped back into town on the 24th to get Zani's insurance papers and some clothes from the house (and to return George's gas cans), then returned to the hospital. Maybe Cindy wanted to get Juliet's cell number to talk to Caylee, and figured she just ask Juliet's "mom" for the number?

Cindy spoke to Casey on the phone for 16 minutes shortly after her call to JP's number. I wonder what happened when Cindy called the number? The call lasted less than a minute, so I bet she got his voice mail. I wonder what lie Casey could have given her that would justify not mentioning anything about the phone call to police? I wonder if Cindy didn't even tell Lee about the call, and that's why he had to discover on his own that the number was not for the person it was supposed to be for.

Wow, this is very interesting and I never knew this. It shows why KC may have stayed in touch with her mother the whole time (to prevent her from calling the contact numbers she had left) and also why she made up a story that would mean her and Zani were not at her place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
telecrushxx