DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh sorry I didn’t realize how small the image was, and no it’s with Erroll Wagner.

“Thanks for the email. Yes I’ve been in touch with the GBI and SA assigned to the case. She’s reached out to law enforcement in Belize to try and get DNA to compare, as the case file doesn’t show any collected from the Wagner family. This could take some time but she’ll let me know. We’re standing by at this end. Things have been moving slower with Covid, as I’m sure you understand. “

Question on the spreadsheet... Do you want more matches or less matches?? Does it really matter and cM is more important?

Question on the spreadsheet... Do you want more matches or less matches?? Does it really matter and cM is more important?
cM is the most important, and more is definitely good, even if its a lot of distant relatives it allows them to build a tree around the person.

Is there a way to pin the spreadsheet? I can't seem to find the link

Is there a way to pin the spreadsheet? I can't seem to find the link
It's the pinned Facebook post. The very first link, near the top. I literally posted the link on the previous page.

It’s been a pretty slow month for news it seems.
Yes, indeed even if you google all the news about the DDP are from May.However, in June there were a lot of cases which have passed to the Active research stage. No identifications though. I am waiting for new announcements of successful identifications.

Bowmanville JD is now an active case.
By the way,I think you have mentioned you are from Virginia, may be you can spread and share this article about Apache Junction Jane Doe among your friends :)

Jane Doe case out of Arizona may have ties to Halifax County or Pittsylvania County | WFXRtv

Jane Doe case out of Arizona may have ties to Halifax County or Pittsylvania County

by: Colleen Guerry
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 / 01:18 PM EDT / Updated: Jun 21, 2021 / 01:18 PM EDT

(WFXR) — After almost three decades without answers, ongoing genealogy work by the DNA Doe Project has revealed an unidentified woman found dead in Arizona could be connected to Southside Virginia.

In 1992, a young woman was found dead on state trust land in Apache Junction, Ariz. The Apache Junction Police Department believes she was between the ages of 16 and 18 and had Hispanic and African American ancestry.

Authorities determined her body was in the desert for five to 10 weeks.

After teaming up with the DNA Doe Project in the hopes of identifying this woman, experts believe she may have some ties to Halifax County or Pittsylvania County.

“Her ties to those counties in Virginia are through her African American side,” said Cairenn Binder, a investigative genetic genealogist with the DNA Doe Project. “…She certainly does have DNA cousins in those counties, which have helped us to identify some possible common ancestors on her African American side.”

Investigators with the DNA Doe Project say those in Halifax County or Pittsylvania County may have the missing piece of information to identify her.

The group is asking for people who live in those counties to upload their information to the DNA Doe Project’s database to help find close matches with the woman and find her family.

By the way,I think you have mentioned you are from Virginia, may be you can spread and share this article about Apache Junction Jane Doe among your friends :)

Jane Doe case out of Arizona may have ties to Halifax County or Pittsylvania County | WFXRtv

Jane Doe case out of Arizona may have ties to Halifax County or Pittsylvania County

by: Colleen Guerry
Posted: Jun 21, 2021 / 01:18 PM EDT / Updated: Jun 21, 2021 / 01:18 PM EDT

(WFXR) — After almost three decades without answers, ongoing genealogy work by the DNA Doe Project has revealed an unidentified woman found dead in Arizona could be connected to Southside Virginia.

In 1992, a young woman was found dead on state trust land in Apache Junction, Ariz. The Apache Junction Police Department believes she was between the ages of 16 and 18 and had Hispanic and African American ancestry.

Authorities determined her body was in the desert for five to 10 weeks.

After teaming up with the DNA Doe Project in the hopes of identifying this woman, experts believe she may have some ties to Halifax County or Pittsylvania County.

“Her ties to those counties in Virginia are through her African American side,” said Cairenn Binder, a investigative genetic genealogist with the DNA Doe Project. “…She certainly does have DNA cousins in those counties, which have helped us to identify some possible common ancestors on her African American side.”

Investigators with the DNA Doe Project say those in Halifax County or Pittsylvania County may have the missing piece of information to identify her.

The group is asking for people who live in those counties to upload their information to the DNA Doe Project’s database to help find close matches with the woman and find her family.

The one issue is I don't live anywhere near those areas.

This is an awfully random question, but is there any Youtuber who could help spread awareness of cases needing donation? I know Nostalgia Critic does charity shoutouts with each video, but I'd have no idea how to get in contact with him.

This is an awfully random question, but is there any Youtuber who could help spread awareness of cases needing donation? I know Nostalgia Critic does charity shoutouts with each video, but I'd have no idea how to get in contact with him.
There have been examples of large following YouTubers doing fundraisers for all sorts of charities but I don't know how they pick their pet projects. I imagine it's hard to reach most of them.

There have been examples of large following YouTubers doing fundraisers for all sorts of charities but I don't know how they pick their pet projects. I imagine it's hard to reach most of them.
That's how I feel, I'd just love to reach out to one and say my piece about the project and let it go from there. The Project's donations seem to come a lot slower than Othram's.

Great news on those two Michigan cases, as they had been in sequencing for a while. Fingers crossed that we might start seeing some similar results for some of the earlier ones like Mr. X, Columbia (WI) and Grays Harbor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ceciliaesquivel2000@yahoo