DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I didn't realise the person had already been identifed years ago.
The article had a current date and I did try to search here with various search terms.

I feel like I've messed up the thread, sorry about that.

That's true according to Kevin Lord, who was a team lead in this case "This case spent more time in the labs than it did to do the genealogy,”
Allegan Co John Doe 2014 - DNA Doe Project Cases

Sorry I didn't realise the person had already been identifed years ago.
The article had a current date and I did try to search here with various search terms.

I feel like I've messed up the thread, sorry about that.
No,no, he was officially identified just yesterday! You were the first one who published here the article about his identification ❤️

We were guessing that he could have been identified some time ago because he had good matches on the spreadsheet, but it was just a guess we were waiting for an announcement :) Sometimes it takes time from the moment when the DDP finds a match for a Doe and law enforcement confirms it officially and makes an announcement. In this case the team lead said it was a quick solve, but it looks like the confirmation by the law enforcement took time (they usually need to visit relatives to inform them and to make additional testing to confirm the identity, and in 2020 it could have challenged by the pandemics)

Last edited:
Oh thanks, I misunderstood :)

I have made mistakes before, once was when I posted something about remains whch were found at an unusual to me place name.
Turned out it was a completely different state :)

No,no, he was officially identified just yesterday! You were the first one who published here the article about his identification ❤️

They must have made some great leap with her relative Bernhard Lyon Neumann, perhaps getting a better grasp of his movements? The video on Twitter makes it sound like they haven't identified her yet unless they're using some old footage.

They must have made some great leap with her relative Bernhard Lyon Neumann, perhaps getting a better grasp of his movements? The video on Twitter makes it sound like they haven't identified her yet unless they're using some old footage.
Appears that you are right, and that he is AJJD's full uncle. Now they are trying to find her father, who is his sibling who was likely adopted as well.

Unsolved: DNA match reveals major development in decades-old Jane Doe cold case

FRriyaPVkAAdNgz

Photo of a display at the DDP booth at CrimeCon. A few new (I think?) tidbits for the Mowry JD, Ms Startex, Carson City JD and Monique JD cases. I suppose that presumably these aren't among the 75+ solved ones.

FRriyaPVkAAdNgz

Photo of a display at the DDP booth at CrimeCon. A few new (I think?) tidbits for the Mowry JD, Ms Startex, Carson City JD and Monique JD cases. I suppose that presumably these aren't among the 75+ solved ones.
Tom Green John Doe, Ventura County Jane Doe and Mecklenburg Jane Doe appeared on a different unidentified poster.

I am still hoping the new cases will be announced soon, may be this week!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members