DNA Doe Project - General Discussion #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The pin post on the facebook page still says Watch this page on Monday DNA Day for further case announcements, I think they were very busy with the conferences.

It looks like it was a success and 18 Does have new matches over 20 cM

View attachment 342614
The DDP are partnering with the Indigenetics Advisory Society which seeks to advance forensic DNA testing for indigenous peoples.
Yes, and I am not sure why Kenosha John Doe is not on the video, I always thought he was indigenous, but maybe I am wrong, I am also not sure about Mercer Island John. I only thought that the DDP have more than 2 indigenous Does.

Still no update from the site, even with Baker Co. John Doe being active and any update about Ramsey Co. Jane Doe.
Yes! No update on the status of the new or old cases, even the pin post still says visit this page on the DNA DAY for the updates on new cases (April 25).

12 (!) new cases were added yesterday to the pin post! This time 2 new Arizona cases are not from Phoenix I think. Also, there are 3 new cases from Franklin, Ohio. And Ohio is a lucky state for the DDP, the DDP solved all 9 cases from Ohio. Also this time, many cases are from the DDP's home state California. The list of added cases:

• Pima Co AZ - 3 cases
Franklin OH - 2 cases
• Sonoma Co John Doe 2004 (Jenner, CA) NamUs ?? at lab for extraction
• Sonoma Co John Doe 2001 (CA) NamUs ?? at lab for extraction
• Sonoma Co John Doe 1994 (Forestville, CA) NamUs ?? at lab for extraction
• Sonoma Co John Doe 1993 (Healdsburg, CA) NamUs #UP65610 at lab for extraction
• Sonoma Co John Doe 2002 (Sonoma, CA) NamUs #UP85570 at lab for extraction
• Eaton Co John Doe 2002 (MI) NamUs #UP5546 at lab for extraction

Also Tempe Girl 2002 (AZ) NamUs #UP1987 is already in active research!

Last edited:
12 (!) new cases were added yesterday to the pin post! This time 2 new Arizona cases are not from Phoenix I think. Also, there are 3 new cases from Franklin, Ohio. And Ohio is a lucky state for the DDP, the DDP solved all 9 cases from Ohio. Also this time, many cases are from the DDP's home state California. The list of added cases:

• Pima Co AZ - 3 cases
Franklin OH - 2 cases

Surprised to see Tempe Girl, didn't think they'd accept to work on her case. She was a minor but I guess that unlike baby Does her circumstances of death are clearly not filicide. Pima County, Arizona has nearly 12,000 cases on NamUs so they'll always have something to work on there. Might help them expand to find more volunteers in Latin America as a lot of these are dead migrants in the desert. They have a solved case in Sonoma County, California so it's good to see their authorities determined to solve other cases.

• Pima Co AZ - 3 cases
Franklin OH - 2 cases

Holy moly, no wonder they’ve been quiet! Also Pima county isn’t Phoenix, it’s closer to the border of Mexico, so those may prove to be very difficult cases

Surprised to see Tempe Girl, didn't think they'd accept to work on her case. She was a minor but I guess that unlike baby Does her circumstances of death are clearly not filicide. Pima County, Arizona has nearly 12,000 cases on NamUs so they'll always have something to work on there. Might help them expand to find more volunteers in Latin America as a lot of these are dead migrants in the desert. They have a solved case in Sonoma County, California so it's good to see their authorities determined to solve other cases.
Is this the girl that was hitchhiking and died of an overdose?

Interesting little technical update to the site, whenever you go to a page now, the cases listed on the right side show a random case from each category instead of the latest one, each time a new page is loaded.

I think we're entering that time of year where we'll get a drought of updates/news on cases for awhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay