DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
New identification!
She was not listed on the website
The case is from California

The body of a woman found near Gilroy, California was this week identified as Patricia Skiple, a victim of the Happy Face Killer.

The DNA Doe Project identified Skiple’s body in partnership with the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office after it was found near westbound State Route 152.

Happy Face Killer victim’s body identified after 29 years

New identification!
She was not listed on the website
The case is from California

The body of a woman found near Gilroy, California was this week identified as Patricia Skiple, a victim of the Happy Face Killer.

The DNA Doe Project identified Skiple’s body in partnership with the Santa Clara County Sheriff’s Office after it was found near westbound State Route 152.

Happy Face Killer victim’s body identified after 29 years
Cool to see that the DDP is doing non-public cases like Othram. This does pose the question though as to how many of their unannounced cases aren't public, since this one was brought to the DDP's attention in 2019.

Cool to see that the DDP is doing non-public cases like Othram. This does pose the question though as to how many of their unannounced cases aren't public, since this one was brought to the DDP's attention in 2019.
I do recall that Joan (or another DDP volunteer) mentioned something that suggested this in a post months back.

The Casualty Identification Program uses DNA analysis to confirm the identity of remains suspected as being those of Canadian service personnel from the First and Second World Wars, as well as the Korean Conflict, in order to allow for arrangements to be made for proper military burial and provision of grave markers. More information on the Casualty Identification Program is available here.

The Wyndham Forensic Group and DNA Doe Project partnership combines decades of experience in both advanced forensic DNA analysis and genetics with unmatched investigative genealogy expertise. Using state of the art genetic technologies, DNA extracted from highly degraded remains will be compared to potential relatives, allowing for the identification of fallen Canadian military service personnel.

I hope they fix the icons for the recently identified cases and add images of the decedents.

I also hope they will add 3 new cases they have added to the facebook pin post but not to the website, I think there may be more new cases coming.

I also hope they will add 3 new cases they have added to the facebook pin post but not to the website, I think there may be more new cases coming.
Something big seems to be definitely happening behind the scenes lately given how long hte side has gone without being updated aside from small things.

Interestingly Patricia’s identification was challenged by recent Norwegian ancestry. Her identification gives hope to two other DDP’s Does with Scandinavian ancestry- Summit County John Doe (Colorado) and St Croix County Jane Doe 2002 (Wisconsin)

I searched and couldn't find a mention of this case but I could have missed it.

Remains found in 2014 ID’d as man missing since 2000 | WOODTV.com

GANGES TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — The Michigan State Police have identified the remains of a body found in 2014 through DNA analysis.

In August 2014, members of the MSP Wayland Post were sent to Ganges Township after receiving reports that partial human remains were found on the beach along Lake Michigan.

This testing along with additional research done by members of the DNA Doe Project showed that the remains found in 2014 likely belonged to 59-year-old Ronald Wayne Jager. The DNA matched multiple relatives but no immediate family members, MSP said.

I searched and couldn't find a mention of this case but I could have missed it.

GANGES TOWNSHIP, Mich. (WOOD) — The Michigan State Police have identified the remains of a body found in 2014 through DNA analysis.

In August 2014, members of the MSP Wayland Post were sent to Ganges Township after receiving reports that partial human remains were found on the beach along Lake Michigan.

This testing along with additional research done by members of the DNA Doe Project showed that the remains found in 2014 likely belonged to 59-year-old Ronald Wayne Jager. The DNA matched multiple relatives but no immediate family members, MSP said.
Wow, we were discussing that the DDP identified him in 2019. He is referred to as Allegan County John Doe

Allegan Co John Doe 2014 - DNA Doe Project Cases

From the article: Jager went fishing on August 1, 2000, and was reported missing the following day. The Coast Guard began searching for him off of White Lake Michigan with no luck.

On Aug. 4, 2000, Jager’s boat was found beached in Milwaukee Harbor, 70 miles away from where he was seen on Aug. 1, 2000, with its electric kicker motor still engaged and two down riggers trailing 200-feet of line. All four life jackets that he normally carried with him were still on the boat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member