Do the defense really believe they can get a 'Not guilty" verdict

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think she'll get at the least 15-25 years, and at the most LWOP..I have a weird feeling HHJP won't sentence her to die, he just wants her to know how serious this is.

Judge Perry is not afraid of the death penalty.

I think they had a better chance of getting LWOP with Judge Strickland, but they wanted him out, and got their way.

I know where KC is definitely going to be held responsible...In HHJRodriguez's courtroom. KC continues to prove Zenaida's case further with every passing day. Hoping ZG is awarded a
booger-load of money.

No way has the defense behaved as if they expect a "Not Guilty" verdict. All the behaviors so far are leaning towards the penalty phase. I don't expect them to put on a defense but do expect them to harass, abuse, accuse, and object to everything and every witness the State brings.

All their energy so far tells me they are preparing for the worst possible verdict and they are planting their seeds and hope they take root in the minds of the jurors

I think the defense is going thru with the trial for the experience for Jose, the high profile, and they have nothing to lose. They can maybe even plant a small grain of doubt or sympathy for Casey in the public that she does not have now... so that if she does get out in 20 years she will have some believers.
I have thought about this a lot - I have hated her, I had been shocked at how she can lie, I have been amazed at the complexity and quick answers she can come up with, but then turn around and do stupid things that make no sense if it was pre-meditated murder. WHY if she planned it, did she not planned how she'd get rid of the body? and why then did she not report Caylee missing so it would look like an abduction and then there definitely would have been doubt.
IF she did plan it and use duct tape, why leave it on for when the body was found?
If she did plan it in advance why did she not know to act, pretend to be upset and grieving?
In a way I think this may show she did not know the consequences. Like she was afraid to go home but it almost seems like she did not think anyone but her family would care Caylee is missing. She doesn't understand why the police are so concerned and arrested her "on a whim".
IF THIS WAS premeditated - why didn't she think to report Caylee missing so it would look legit? Why put her in the trunk in the hot sun IF she knew she was going to do it, why not do it at the location of disposal? and then report her missing?
or did she kill her at the location (her parents home) bury Caylee, and then dig her up later and put her in the trunk?
I think there are so many strange strange things that do not make sense... and I am very much afraid Jose has thought of all these things and can make the jury think - yeah she did not understand the consequences or that it was wrong.
I think the case is going to be so long and so confusing that there will be reasonable doubt.
In thinking about it all and about her behavior. I think she really began to believe Caylee was with someone. Like she convinced herself. How else could she have been so stupid to not act sad and afraid?
It is like she does not understand how other people think, in which case maybe she is brain damaged.

Combine this with that first phone call home...you know, the "all they care about is Caylee"...."calling you, a waste, huge waste"...etc. will seal the deal!

And the fists of fury video, I so hope that one is in too.

I think she'll get at the least 15-25 years, and at the most LWOP..I have a weird feeling HHJP won't sentence her to die, he just wants her to know how serious this is.

I don't believe the defense thinks they can get a not guilty verdict. Hence Ms. Finnell going through mitigation circumstances in jury selection. That's their only hope is to keep her alive. MOO.

We all googled Judge Perry when he was first assigned to the case. He is very pro death penalty! Try a google search, the links are around here somewhere, but I have no idea. A google search will pop them right up in seconds.

Thank you for this. I asked yesterday what this 48 hours show is that keeps getting asked about in Court. Is this the episode?

I'm not sure there has been so many segments done on this case. There is a lot of evidence that helps the defense, in this segment. I am just looking forward to the trial to see what is evidence and what isn't.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back