Do you think the parents were involved?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Do you think the parents are involved in Madeliene's vanishing?

• Yes, I have always thought that from the start.

Votes: 121 52.2%
  • No, not for a minute do I think the parents are involved.

Votes: 41 17.7%
  • Yes, but just Kate the Mom was involved.

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • Yes, but just Gerrythe Dad was involved.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I think the entire dinner party for that night including the parents know what happened.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • Other

Votes: 32 13.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Simple question, are the parents supposed to cry none stop, 24 hours a day,7 days a week for months? How about trying to remember other cases you've followed. Even Sharon Rocha and Ron Grantsy smiled once in a while. So did sweet Jessie's daddy, Mark. Not all the time, but sometimes they smiled.
The hole in your heart doesn't allow smiling too much. When your child is in peril you are always on the defensive. The battle is always formidable so this takes me to the McCann's recalcitrent responses. They never seem to be 100% for Maddie. They always seem to be taken aback that anything could go to them. Granted I have never been in their position. But, their position is n't what normal parents would do given the same set of circumstances.

The hole in your heart doesn't allow smiling too much. When your child is in peril you are always on the defensive. The battle is always formidable so this takes me to the McCann's recalcitrent responses. They never seem to be 100% for Maddie. They always seem to be taken aback that anything could go to them. Granted I have never been in their position. But, their position is n't what normal parents would do given the same set of circumstances.

They aren't, CP. That is a good observation. They say things like "they have to consider the bigger picture" and bring up other missing children at the slightest hint, but then there are no details about the other children or what the rest of us should do to stop this pandemic.

Odd. Very odd.

Simple question, are the parents supposed to cry none stop, 24 hours a day,7 days a week for months? How about trying to remember other cases you've followed. Even Sharon Rocha and Ron Grantsy smiled once in a while. So did sweet Jessie's daddy, Mark. Not all the time, but sometimes they smiled.

Again, to reiterate what I've posted, I'm not saying they should cry to prove their innocence. I can see people being stoic. Everyone handles things differently I didn't even post photos I've seen here & elsewhere of them smiling with the twins because no one should begrudge them that. I just think they might perhaps not want to smile like Cheshire cats when they're having photo ops. It's just not consistent with folks who think their little girl has been kidnapped by a pedophile ring and is being abused & exploited by pedophiles. God forbid it happened to anyone here, would you honestly be sitting there smiling knowing/believing your child is going through one of the worst hells on earth short of death?

And even given all of that, I'm still willing to allow for the possibility of they're being medicated to cope or a nervous twitch to explain that weird smiling. Overall, given their situation and what they believe happened to her, it's weird & creepy for them to be smiling ear to ear for photo ops.

And except for the very first 4-5 days, I cannot remember any picture of the McCann parents shedding real tears for Madeleine.

Again, to reiterate what I've posted, I'm not saying they should cry to prove their innocence. I can see people being stoic. Everyone handles things differently I didn't even post photos I've seen here & elsewhere of them smiling with the twins because no one should begrudge them that. I just think they might perhaps not want to smile like Cheshire cats when they're having photo ops. It's just not consistent with folks who think their little girl has been kidnapped by a pedophile ring and is being abused & exploited by pedophiles. God forbid it happened to anyone here, would you honestly be sitting there smiling knowing/believing your child is going through one of the worst hells on earth short of death?

And even given all of that, I'm still willing to allow for the possibility of they're being medicated to cope or a nervous twitch to explain that weird smiling. Overall, given their situation and what they believe happened to her, it's weird & creepy for them to be smiling ear to ear for photo ops.

ny_,
Thanks so much for the explanation. I really can't comment on how the McCann's have looked in most/every picture because I haven't seen them. I will take time out this coming weekend to take a better look at their media pictures.

concernedperson,
How are you doing? :blowkiss:
Thanks for your explanation. I posted in my above in #205 that I plan on taking a closer look at the parents photographs this coming weekend.

I wonder if how we look at the parents guilt or innocence reflects which 'mood' we see?
I remember seeing Kate looking quite sad and gaunt in many pictures yet I don't remember seeing her smiling much. I will take a good look at the pics though.

You're right, Calikid, it would be funny if it weren't about a child's life.

Are they really saying they had chicken carcasses--that they bought live chickens and dressed them out in their villa? Unused chicken meat will rot and stink, but I doubt it will smell like a full corpse with all organs and tissue intact.

If they were taking the kids out to dinner & then heading for the tapas bar on a nightly basis, where did they get the time/stomach room to eat entire chickens?

This gets me, they are showing this as QUOTING the McCann's spokesman.

"Kate and Gerry McCann have absolutely nothing to hide and, if a request from the Portuguese authorities was made for them to undergo such a lie detector test, they would have no issue with it, provided the test is suitably overseen by an appropriate expert who can ensure the absolutely reliability of the equipment being used.
Then in the same breath he says
"However, it is my understanding that such machines are not used in Portuguese criminal cases, nor is the information from them deemed admissible in court, and there are question marks over their reliability.

Oh Vey everybody!

Aftermidnight snack?

~sorry, couldn't resist~
385.gif

Clarence is good, really good. Of course the McCanns would take a lie detector test administered by professionals but even so it wouldn't count for anything since they are unreliable. :waitasec:

Also, that photo of the McCann clan holding up the t-shirt with Maddie's picture on it and smiling, I find it very upsetting to look at. Even if the parents had nothing to do with her disappearance, I just can't get over the smiles while holding the t-shirt.

Clarence is good, really good. Of course the McCanns would take a lie detector test administered by professionals but even so it wouldn't count for anything since they are unreliable. :waitasec:

Also, that photo of the McCann clan holding up the t-shirt with Maddie's picture on it and smiling, I find it very upsetting to look at. Even if the parents had nothing to do with her disappearance, I just can't get over the smiles while holding the t-shirt.

ALSO:

From Sol 9/21:

http://sol.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/Sociedade/Interior.aspx?content_id=56450&dossier=Madeleine

"If the police ask them to take a lie dectector test, they will do it". . .

"but lie dectector tests are not admissible in Portuguese courts and are never used by the authorities during investigations."

So, why not volunteer? Bet they will not do it independently....

ALSO:

From Sol 9/21:

http://sol.sapo.pt/PaginaInicial/Sociedade/Interior.aspx?content_id=56450&dossier=Madeleine

"If the police ask them to take a lie dectector test, they will do it". . .

"but lie dectector tests are not admissible in Portuguese courts and are never used by the authorities during investigations."

So, why not volunteer? Bet they will not do it independently....

I think they can't win for losing on this one.

If they offer to take it, people will think it's a false offer.

If they said they wouldn't take it, people will think they're guilty.

If they do their own independent test?? No one would believe it was legit.

Darned if they do and darned if they don't, IMO.

With the lie detector test, as far as offering goes, if they were serious, they would have done it long ago. Exactly whose acceptance of their offer would they be waiting on? The PJ they've called incompetent?

I'll just go with Yoda on this one, "No try, only do."

I'll just go with Yoda on this one, "No try, only do."[/quote]
That was funny!

Ain't that the truth IrishMist?
I don't care what the McCann's do, posters will find something wrong with it. Remember last week there was the church debacle. The McCann's went to church but they took the twins....:angel: Some thought that was inappropriate. And don't forget that Kate smiled and was viewed as acting inappropriately. That got me to thinking. I lost my beloved mother 2 months ago. She was my best friend. I cried for days after she passed....yet at her memorial, I actually caught myself snickering at some things my family said about my sweet mama. That being said, I don't think Kate should have been belittled because she smiled/laughed after church. But she and her husband will have their actions and interactions scorned for the rest of their lives.

Absolutely right. :clap: :clap: And that thought had crossed my mind too.

There is a big difference between laughing with love at the fond thoughts of a dear one you know has passed on (and particularly if your faith tells you that they will be reunited with you one day) and smiling as you hold up the photo of your missing child, who may or may not be even as you hold up the photo, being abused in unthinkable ways, or already be lying dead from the hands of the perpetrator.

I personally find the McCanns' smile to be quite normal, because I think they came to terms with their child's accidental death, and having grieved for her, are now in the process of moving on with their lives, with only now the occasional mourning and sadness anyone feels rightly after losing a loved one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties