Does Anyone here think Casey Anthony is innocent?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how much of this behavior is post pregnancy. I still think a lot of her oddness could possibly (just an observation) be the result of Caylee being a product of rape. It has been discussed before, but most of the info we have is post pregnancy (from JG forward). Kio is the only pre-pregnancy friend I've heard of being interviewed. Although she says KC was always a liar, even her statements point to a "changed" KC post pregnancy....

This is one of the things that makes me question Casey being a sociopath. I realize since this case involves Caylee, and bio-dad is a big mystery, it makes sense to go back to the pregnancy. But we have had very little info from others about Casey being like this pre-pregnancy, and the way she lies, it seems like all kinds of people would have known, and would have brought it up by now. Cindy also somewhat implies in her July 3rd blog this behavior started up around the pregnancy. I have experienced quite a few female people with some mental abnormalities that seem to have been triggered by hormone changes, like puberty or pregnancy.
Lanie

I think KC also said that lots of people had access to the trunk of the car. And didn't she say she owed Zanny money and that's why she took Caylee?

She knows the difference between right and wrong, she just doesn't care=sociopath...not psychopath. She's not a psychological dismissal, just defective. Yes, she cares about #1...KC...and KC only. Innocent or guilty-she takes her emotional cues from someplace other than her heart. (BTW-I do say she is guilty of something...even if it is only disposal...and quite possibly murder in the first...I just don't think her emotional displays or lack of them can really tell us anything)

Well, actually that description could fit both a sociopath and a psychopath. If you want to debate it, here's the perfect thread for you:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7873

Losing her child was horrible and even more so after the way she was found. Casey had to have a sedative when she was told about finding Caylee back in December. I know it has only been a few weeks but isn't she allowed to smile at her attorneys? Grab a pen and have a smirk on her face? Casey is tough IMO and has a tough exterior to hide behind.

What has only been a few weeks? Caylee missing, Caylee found in the woods, Caylee laying in a box?

I believe she is definently guilty! I will tell you one thing that this thread did get pretty long..

IMO-accidental death due to KC's neglect-I still say the baby drowned in the pool while KC searched her parents home for $$, credit cards, stuff. Some of that may be hope....
I do think KC is the sole responsible party and disposed of the baby on her own.

On any given day I go back and forth with how I think Caylee died. The pool theory is one of the most logical. Then some days I think she gave her too much medication (OTC) and that could possibly account for some of the items found at the recovery site because perhaps Caylee vomited some of the meds...I just don't know.

I'm not sure she is guilty of premeditated murder though, and as much as I truly dislike this young woman, and want to see justice served in the death of Caylee, I wouldn't want to see her convicted of something she did not do, in this case, premeditated murder.

I, too, believe that she alone is culpable in Caylee's death and disposal. She needs to pay for her crime, but I want it to be the right sentence for the correct crime.

I think KC also said that lots of people had access to the trunk of the car. And didn't she say she owed Zanny money and that's why she took Caylee?

There was even some hint from CA in the jailhouse visits that when KC left the car at AMSCOT, ZG was supposed to have picked it up. It was never clear if KC was "loaning" the car to her or what those circumstances would have been, but CA asked KC point blank "Why didn't she ever come back for the car?" and KC responded "I don't know, mom"

But all of these explainations came AFTER KC was arrested. By then she was truly making things up as she went along. Her "plan" had backfired--IMO

But since KC supposedly knew exactly where Caylee was (with the Nanny at all these fun places) for a month and she had not seen her or had contact with her, would there actually be a chance of transference after such a long period of time?

If the nanny had Caylee and killed her the 15/16th and disposed of her body by the 17/18th, then okay.

But since KC insisted to everyone that Caylee was alive and well and with the Nanny for the whole month before she admitted she was missing, that would mean that the Nanny would not have killed her until after KC received the phone call from Caylee. By then, I would think that most prints and hairs from KC would have been long gone, brushed away, washed away, etc. That would make it a little harder.

Wow, I am not sure if that made any sense. But basically, even with transference, KC has lied her way into a corner in this scenario that she can't get out of either IMO.

I understand what you are saying, and I agree. Casey claimed to be in contact with Caylee, and even if a missing phone would somehow make it impossible to disprove whether or not she did talk to Caylee (again, has this girl ever seen CSI?) the rate of decomp would pretty much rule it out. She would have had to have gone with a 'kidnapping, life threatened' scenario regardless of when the body was found, as the evidence points to it being in her car for 2+ days before it was dumped in the woods.
Lanie

Anythings possible, nothing shocks in this case anymore, but IMO if you're gonna go to the trouble to manufacture chloroform it seems you'd go to the trouble to dig a hole.

One does not necessarily follow from the other.

Well, actually that description could fit both a sociopath and a psychopath. If you want to debate it, here's the perfect thread for you:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7873

You are correct. The description fits for both. Either way, she is accountable for her crime AND STILL defective emotionally. I just think her emotional display (or lack of one) is not indicative of her guilty/innocent status--jmo

On any given day I go back and forth with how I think Caylee died. The pool theory is one of the most logical. Then some days I think she gave her too much medication (OTC) and that could possibly account for some of the items found at the recovery site because perhaps Caylee vomited some of the meds...I just don't know.

I'm not sure she is guilty of premeditated murder though, and as much as I truly dislike this young woman, and want to see justice served in the death of Caylee, I wouldn't want to see her convicted of something she did not do, in this case, premeditated murder.

I, too, believe that she alone is culpable in Caylee's death and disposal. She needs to pay for her crime, but I want it to be the right sentence for the correct crime.

I understand what you are saying and I have done the same thing. Was it the pool, the meds, something else but then if it was an accident, why not call 911 and say so. LE would have investigated and found it to be so. End of a very sad story.

But if she was intentionally giving her OTC or some illegal or prescription drugs to keep her quiet, knock her out, whatever, that would still be murder in my mind. You know what giving the meds can do and you know that they are not being used as prescribed, etc, so that makes you a murderer. You didn't mean to kill her but you still gave her something that you knew could kill her and did not take her safety into consideration.

If she was tying her up and putting tape over her mouth and putting her in the trunk or abandoned house or whatever and she died, that to me is murder also. You knew what could happen and decided to do it anyway.

the pool thing, yes, tragic accident except that according to CA and GA that pool ladder was never left at the pool and I doubt Caylee could have moved it herself, so where was mom and how did the ladder get by the pool so Caylee could fall into it?

One does not necessarily follow from the other.

True, but if chloroform could be picked up at Target without any measuring or mixing of chemicals, it would be easier to imagine KC using it. She seems to take whatever she perceives to be the easy way out.

But since KC supposedly knew exactly where Caylee was (with the Nanny at all these fun places) for a month and she had not seen her or had contact with her, would there actually be a chance of transference after such a long period of time?

If the nanny had Caylee and killed her the 15/16th and disposed of her body by the 17/18th, then okay.

But since KC insisted to everyone that Caylee was alive and well and with the Nanny for the whole month before she admitted she was missing, that would mean that the Nanny would not have killed her until after KC received the phone call from Caylee. By then, I would think that most prints and hairs from KC would have been long gone, brushed away, washed away, etc. That would make it a little harder.

Wow, I am not sure if that made any sense. But basically, even with transference, KC has lied her way into a corner in this scenario that she can't get out of either IMO.

Oh wow...I just thought of a reason that Casey might have admitted exactly how long it had been since she saw Caylee. When/If Caylee was found, Casey knew they would probably be able to establish PMI and she wanted to put as much distance as she could between herself and Caylee's TOD.

She mentioned the "phone call" from Caylee but described it as similar to the video of Caylee. Was she trying to make it look like the nanny was using videos?

Maybe Casey thought she'd kill two bird with that stone. She wasn't worried (like a normal mother would be) because she "knew" Caylee was alive and well --after all, she had "heard" Caylee's voice on the phone. On the other hand, she could later say, 'Well the nanny tricked me by using video of Caylee."

Oh wow...I just thought of a reason that Casey might have admitted exactly how long it had been since she saw Caylee. When/If Caylee was found, Casey knew they would probably be able to establish PMI and she wanted to put as much distance as she could between herself and Caylee's TOD.

She mentioned the "phone call" from Caylee but described it as similar to the video of Caylee. Was she trying to make it look like the nanny was using videos?

Maybe Casey thought she'd kill two bird with that stone. She wasn't worried (like a normal mother would be) because she "knew" Caylee was alive and well --after all, she had "heard" Caylee's voice on the phone. On the other hand, she could later say, 'Well the nanny tricked me by using video of Caylee."

That video of Caylee is probably the last look at Caylee that she had. She could have used elements of the video for the pretend phone call because that is the last time she saw Caylee and so she used what was in her head.

Maybe she didn't even realize that she used details of that video for the pretend call. She had to think fast and that view of Caylee was the thought that popped up so she ran with it.

Going out and smoozing with your boyfriend before your child's body has even had a chance to cool off isn't indicative of a *surprise accident*.

Videotapes don't lie. Casey looks happy as a clam in the Blockbuster tape. Tony's roommates and Tony say Casey was her usual chipper self when she arrived at Tony's apartment June 16.

I understand what you are saying and I have done the same thing. Was it the pool, the meds, something else but then if it was an accident, why not call 911 and say so. LE would have investigated and found it to be so. End of a very sad story.

But if she was intentionally giving her OTC or some illegal or prescription drugs to keep her quiet, knock her out, whatever, that would still be murder in my mind. You know what giving the meds can do and you know that they are not being used as prescribed, etc, so that makes you a murderer. You didn't mean to kill her but you still gave her something that you knew could kill her and did not take her safety into consideration.

If she was tying her up and putting tape over her mouth and putting her in the trunk or abandoned house or whatever and she died, that to me is murder also. You knew what could happen and decided to do it anyway.
the pool thing, yes, tragic accident except that according to CA and GA that pool ladder was never left at the pool and I doubt Caylee could have moved it herself, so where was mom and how did the ladder get by the pool so Caylee could fall into it?

I know we're way off topic, but I'll add one more thought before I go. CA told LE she and Caylee were swimming either 6/14 or 6/15 and no matter how many times people say their ladder is "always" moved, there is always that one time......
I propose that the ladder was left by the pool accidently after that swim and wasn't noticed by GA and CA until days later. I believe (and again it may be mostly out of hope) that Caylee drowned accidently and KC reacted inappropriately to the tragedy knowing that ultimately she was responsible. She was hoping to lay the blame elsewhere and here we are....

I may be completely wrong, as with every member here, these are just my thoughts. To put this post back on topic-KC is guilty as sin, but I hope that she is only guilty of homicide by gross negligence and not man one as my heart aches for poor Caylee imagining such a fate.

Which all leads back to Jolynna's excellent observation: IF the death was unplanned, how can anyone explain KC's demeanor at Blockbuster with TL within hours of this 'shocking' event?

Accidental death proponents, I'm very curious as to your views on this. TIA

I know we're way off topic, but I'll add one more thought before I go. CA told LE she and Caylee were swimming either 6/14 or 6/15 and no matter how many times people say their ladder is "always" moved, there is always that one time......
I propose that the ladder was left by the pool accidently after that swim and wasn't noticed by GA and CA until days later. I believe (and again it may be mostly out of hope) that Caylee drowned accidently and KC reacted inappropriately to the tragedy knowing that ultimately she was responsible. She was hoping to lay the blame elsewhere and here we are....

I may be completely wrong, as with every member here, these are just my thoughts. To put this post back on topic-KC is guilty as sin, but I hope that she is only guilty of homicide by gross negligence and not man one as my heart aches for poor Caylee imagining such a fate.

I hope that if she died accidentally, it was by a drug overdose and she just went to sleep and never woke up. Anything else would have caused her fear and pain whether accidental or intentional and I hate to think of any small child dying let alone dying in fear and pain.

And back On Topic, I think that KC is guilty and that it was not a tragic accident. Sorry to say.

Which all leads back to Jolynna's excellent observation: IF the death was unplanned, how can anyone explain KC's demeanor at Blockbuster with TL within hours of this 'shocking' event?

Accidental death proponents, I'm very curious as to your views on this. TIA

When considering Casey's Blockbuster demeanor, remember Casey had also just duct taped Caylee's mouth shut.

At best, Caylee was dead AFTER this fact. (Although I think forensics will show otherwise.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fat Cinnamon