Does Anyone in the Anthony Family Want Justice for Caylee?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
missmybaby:::Asking C&G to participate in prosecuting their daughter for capital murder, making them have a hand in putting her away for life or even possibly a death sentence, just seems like a heavy burden. This has nothing to do with what KC deserves, KC deserves to have the full force of the law shoved down her smug little face. But asking her parents to do it seems a bit unfair.

Yes a very heavy burden. I hope that we are better as a Society than this. xx

Don't misunderstand as backing the A's, but I think I understand what they are doing at this point in time.

They are damned if they do and damned if they don't. If they stick up for KC they are turning their back on Caylee. If they seek justice for Caylee they are turning their back on their daughter. Is it possible they are keeping quiet over the whole event knowing justice will be served with them or without them? As hard as it is for them I'm sure they want Caylee's murderer brought to justice. It just puts them in an impossible situation to admit KC is the person responsible.

If I were the SA I would try very hard to prosecute KC with as little input from the A's as possible. Give Lee immunity as long as he has not intentionally participated in a crime then let the state use everything he knows.

LE knows what C&G knows, I can't imagine, except to have the A's clarify who did what, when on the days in question, that the SA can't get most of the information from sworn interviews.

Asking C&G to participate in prosecuting their daughter for capital murder, making them have a hand in putting her away for life or even possibly a death sentence, just seems like a heavy burden. This has nothing to do with what KC deserves, KC deserves to have the full force of the law shoved down her smug little face. But asking her parents to do it seems a bit unfair.

Kimberly Guilfoyle said basically the same thing on TV a few weeks ago. She speculated that the prosecution may not even put Cindy on the stand, and will use George as little as possible. She said that their testimony was not required in order to get a conviction.

I wouldn't take this bet.

(remembering the protester's months ago, UGH!!)

Bring us Your Young..........

Yes. It has been Jerry Springer all the way with all the protests and just well, overall I guess. Sickening.

Lets do SALEM again!!!! :eek:

I just find it strange all the way around. They never once asked anyone to bring her home (if they believed she had been kidnapped). I know they are upset and loved Caylee, but I feel they think she is gone now and just want to save KC.

I too find it hard to believe they are not in court when there is a hearing.

I just cannot understand this entore family. Poor baby.

Kimberly Guilfoyle said basically the same thing on TV a few weeks ago. She speculated that the prosecution may not even put Cindy on the stand, and will use George as little as possible. She said that their testimony was not required in order to get a conviction.

I would be really surprised if they aren't put on the stand. Between the month of trying to see Caylee, the myspace blog, and the car impound, and the hours leading to the announcement that she was kidnapped I don't see how they are going to avoid testifying. I feel bad for them but many many people have been called to testify against their own family members whether they want to or not.

I beg to differ, I was beat with a belt on more then one occasion and I deserved everyone beating I got. That to me is what is wrong with a lot of the kids today. I do have a daughter, 23 I only had to beat her once, for spraying no more tangles on our furniture, and my father beat her once, for saying to me that she hated me. She is just fine today. And when she has children and they do wrong, Let the beatings begin.

oh dear :(

Well if they'd been there "for Caylee", they'd just be slammed for the thoughtlessness of showing up, the need for control, fear that KC would spill the beans on them, how they suspicious they acted, what else?.....have I forgotten anything?....on and on like a broken record ... blame, blame, blame the family.
They'd be examined just like anyone else in this case.
You know what I'd love to hear now, what Caylee was like...I'd love to hear cute anecdotal stories. I'd love for somebody to speak of her, about her, for her. Call me crazy...I don't want to talk about the As. I'm officially tired of them. I'll say it again...I'd be there for that baby in a heartbeat.

I think the Kubler-Ross stages have been fairly well evident in CA:

Denial
Anger
Bargaining
Depression
Acceptance

She is deep in depression at this point, and will probably require professional help to reach acceptance.

snipped

I think it's appropriate in this case to add Guilt to the above list..CA must feel it (from all we know) & that may be the worst of it for her..She may not get over it..Many never do even with professional help.

Well said, Dotseyes. Frankly, if this were happening to my family, I think I would definitely absent myself from the lesser hearings for the very reasons you've stated.

snipped

But this wasn't a lesser hearing to the A's..That one motion (releasing photos of remains) was extremely important to them..They said so thru their atty..They also didn't expect KC to be there so avoiding her OR wanting to see her wasn't an issue..

As it turned out their absence created MORE of a stir then their appearance most likely would have..I doubt they (or any of the attys) expected this?

Not attacking your post at all, just using it as jumping off point <smile>... I think the belief that women are just wired to protect their child at all costs is a fallacy and one that good nurturing women have a hard time accepting (compliment to all the good moms out there). But it is more than hormones. Giving birth just indicates that your reproductive organs work.

There are way too many abused, neglected and dead children in our country to think that women are just naturally wired to protect their kids *unless* there is a major mental illness present. And it is my opinion that if we were more critically aware of that we would see much earlier indicators of problems, when it might still be early enough to teach these women what they don't know or get their children out of the situation. And more importantly make it okay for women who don't feel that motherly instinct kick in to say "hey, I think I need help here" without societies response being "being a mom is the most natural thing in the world and if you can't feel it/do it you have a mental defect". There is a lot of room in the middle for improvement. The extremes are hard to modify.

MOO- biased as an abused child and someone who has chosen not to have kids because of it.

As long as the court/justice system continues to believe mothering instincts can be taught, we will have abused, battered and dead children who have been in the system for years. Because mothering skills can be taught, bathing, feeding, child safety devices, all the things we do 24/7 that makes us appear to be mothers. But the inborn instinct to protect children from all harm. The knowledge that I could never cause intentional harm to a child, nor would I sit back and allow anyone else to harm a child. Not just my child, any child, does not come from reading a book or taking notes in a lecture.

As long as our system believes biology is more important than love, children who were battered since their first days of life, taken out of their homes, nursed, nurtured and loved back to health by people who have no biological connection to them. Are then returned to their abuser, who took a class, so they wanna try again to be a parent, to a child they didn't love enough to protect against all harm from day 1.

As long as our system believes people deserve a second chance, no matter how heinous the original crime against their own child was. We are going to have irreparably damaged children, we are going to bury babies. We are going to have to answer, for failing to protect the children.

IRH, thank you for loving all children enough that you chose not to have one rather than to risk harming one. Thank you for your honesty, I'm sorry you were hurt. :blowkiss:

As long as the court/justice system continues to believe mothering instincts can be taught, we will have abused, battered and dead children who have been in the system for years. Because mothering skills can be taught, bathing, feeding, child safety devices, all the things we do 24/7 that makes us appear to be mothers. But the inborn instinct to protect children from all harm. The knowledge that I could never cause intentional harm to a child, nor would I sit back and allow anyone else to harm a child. Not just my child, any child, does not come from reading a book or taking notes in a lecture.

As long as our system believes biology is more important than love, children who were battered since their first days of life, taken out of their homes, nursed, nurtured and loved back to health by people who have no biological connection to them. Are then returned to their abuser, who took a class, so they wanna try again to be a parent, to a child they didn't love enough to protect against all harm from day 1.

As long as our system believes people deserve a second chance, no matter how heinous the original crime against their own child was. We are going to have irreparably damaged children, we are going to bury babies. We are going to have to answer, for failing to protect the children.

IRH, thank you for loving all children enough that you chose not to have one rather than to risk harming one. Thank you for your honesty, I'm sorry you were hurt. :blowkiss:

Too true.

To adopt a child you must undergo horrid investigations, exams and on. To have a natural child you have to do nothing.

The Law needs to find a different remedy for some of these problems - but no!

I beg to differ, I was beat with a belt on more then one occasion and I deserved everyone beating I got. That to me is what is wrong with a lot of the kids today. I do have a daughter, 23 I only had to beat her once, for spraying no more tangles on our furniture, and my father beat her once, for saying to me that she hated me. She is just fine today. And when she has children and they do wrong, Let the beatings begin.

When you say beat do you mean spank? Because there is a huge difference between the two.

But yes, oh my...

snipped

But this wasn't a lesser hearing to the A's..That one motion (releasing photos of remains) was extremely important to them..They said so thru their atty..They also didn't expect KC to be there so avoiding her OR wanting to see her wasn't an issue..

As it turned out their absence created MORE of a stir then their appearance most likely would have..I doubt they (or any of the attys) expected this?

They truly can do nothing right at this point. They have the same ability to view the hearing that we do. They also have an atty looking after their affairs who may have suggested they stay away.

I'm curious if KC didn't want to be there in part because she thought her parents might show.

Personally I'm glad they weren't there to see their daughter acting as if she had someplace more important to be.

KC makes me ill, the A's just make me sad.

IDK...True they haven't been in the courtroom seeking justice for Caylee, but they also haven't been there cheering KC on either...I believe that they had to believe in KC's innocence earlier, because as long as there was a chance KC was innocent, it meant Caylee could still be alive somewhere....If there was a 1% chance my child/grandchild was alive somewhere I would not stop searching either....even if the other 99% of me feared the worst....Now that Caylee is confirmed dead, I think they know in their hearts that KC is guilty....but it is painful to lose her too, because we only know the KC that did not report her child missing for 31 days...they know the KC who as a little girl colored them pictures with hearts all over, who cried when she fell of her bike, who giggled about boys with friends at sleepovers...somehow, they have to reconcile the innocent child KC with the person she has now become, and that is hard to do....I'm sure they believe that if she did hurt Caylee that it must be because she is mentally ill somehow, and that if she gets "help" she will get "better". If this had been an accident, we could all understand their willingness to forgive her. We would expect them to. I think in their minds, if it wasn't an accident, then she is not guilty by reason of insanity, and if anything I think they put the blame on themselves for not realizing the severity of her problems sooner....I don't think it's accurate, but I can see how they would view things through that prism...

A girl in my state, Arkansas, killed her two children. I can't even remember how. She asked for, and received, the death penalty. My brain is so feeble I can't remember and it has been within the last 10 years.

I remember that case, she was a LR nurse who claimed she had post traumatic stress disorder from helping at the OKC bombing site, although it was later discovered she never helped at the site.

I still believe that they haven't and won't be charged until the trial (if it goes forward) is over. Reason being, that if they are charged of anything that they will be able to plead the fifth. Without being charged, they will have to answer any and all questions relating to KC. I do think that they will be charged with both obstruction and/or perjury (Bond Hearing) but that will take a while and certainly IS NOT LE's priority in this case.

MOO

I still believe that they haven't and won't be charged until the trial (if it goes forward) is over. Reason being, that if they are charged of anything that they will be able to plead the fifth. Without being charged, they will have to answer any and all questions relating to KC. I do think that they will be charged with both obstruction and/or perjury (Bond Hearing) but that will take a while and certainly IS NOT LE's priority in this case.

MOO

The A's didn't have to show up at the court yesterday but they thought the motion (re: the crime scene photos) was important enough they sent their lawyer in their place..DC did a good job speaking for them but his words would've been more powerful if the judge saw the faces of these grieving GPs staring back at him.

More important..The A's showed up at all (?) the hearings for their daughter when many ppl were screaming "murderer" outside the court & protesting on their lawn..It didn't keep them from going to support her but they couldn't go to support Caylee?

That's the impression many got (maybe even the judge) from their absence which was noted long before they sent for KC..IOW!..It was never about HER!

Bolded by me

Could a legal-eagle please explain. What is the grandparents' legal status in this case ? Did they have a legal right for their attorney to speak or was the judge just being kind ? If ZG's children had an attorney, would he have been allowed to speak at the earlier hearing ?

I'm not necessarily opposed to BC speaking at the hearing, just surprised.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mwaggoner16
Back