Does Misty really not know what happened? *POLL ADDED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Does Misty know what happened to Haleigh?

• Yes, she is still lying

Votes: 203 67.7%
  • No, she was passed out

Votes: 40 13.3%
  • No, she was too high on drugs to remember

Votes: 28 9.3%
  • No, she wasn't home

Votes: 29 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hypnotics, benzodiazepines, and benzo-like drugs (halcion, xanax, ativan, ambien, lunesta) can all cause short term amnesia. I experienced it personally when I took pescribed doses of Ativan after my first husband died. I've also heard it from friends and relatives. Medical literature holds many documented cases, and the press has reported on it for years. Back in the 80's 60 Minutes did a segment on Halcion and memory loss. In 2006, Patrick Kennedy was caught sleep-driving around the capitol in the middle of the night after taking Ambien, which gave way to many reports about amnesia and that drug.

We've heard that Misty used Xanax, among other things. For the sake of argument, let's assume that she did suffer from drug-induced amnesia. Would her behavior after the fact differ from what we've seen? I say yes. She would have claimed no memory from the start and stuck with that claim. She would acknowledge a blurry block of time, but would be unable to demarcate the precise time the blur commenced and ended. Misty doesn't complain of being unable to remember. She attributed her ignorance to sleep. She went to bed at 10 and was awakened by the urge to "pee" around 3 am. And she gave clear details on everything before and afterward.

Yes, she definitely could have been very lucid. It might be a bit like if you had stayed up one night, all night. The next morning you don't feel yourself at all, but you are not incoherent. Let's say you sleep an hour and something wakes you up--you still wouldn't be incoherent, at least not a few seconds after waking up.

Keep in mind that the drugs Misty prefers don't result in incoherence like the incoherence that results from the use of alcohol and other sedatives. She could have even been on drugs when she made that 911 call. I am all but 100% certain that I've seen videos of Misty and Ron when they were very high on opiates, but the responses to questions are appropriate and their behaviors are within normal ranges. (Pinpoint pupils and very slightly slowed speech are two signs of a high level of opiate intoxication.)

I think it is very possible that Misty could have crashed, not woken up if somebody came in and took Haleigh, woken up at 3am more or less spontaneously or to go to the bathroom, and talked coherently on the phone with 911. Because it's possible doesn't mean this is what happened, but it is definitely very possible.

(By the way, oxycodone, Oxycontin, Roxies--they're all the same thing, just different formats and brand names.)

Thank you! That was part of the point I was trying to get across. Opiates do not make you black out! Relaxed, tired and euphoric yes. But they do not cause "amnesia" lol.

I am sooo confused by this case.I guess sometimes I grasp for straws, I just really wish they would find Haleigh.I have been following this case close since the beginning.I just wanted to express the opinion that if Misty was on any of these types of drugs it's entirely possible she doesn't remember parts of that night.As for her ever changing stories, I think she was coached a lot.Too many things in this case just don't add up for me.I truly respect everyones opinion on here and look forward to reading everyday.

newsaddict, I am right there with you.I have legitimate reasons for taking the pills as well.Unfortuanately, I did not have the ability to take them the right way.I don't think I have ever admitted this out loud.Benzos are truly scary cause some to have memory lapses and less judgement of unsafe situations.I am not saying she was on anything that night.I just think with the amount of drugs that go around these days a lot are prescription drugs.The sad part is since the doc gives these people often think they're safe, and well you know they just aren't.When I was in high school the cool thing was drinking beer now it's popping mommy and daddy's pills at parties.OH WOW, I'm ranting here.I'll get to the point if you read some online articles the two most abused drugs are opiates and benzos and often are used together.I am clean now and on the other side of this, I work in the medical field.I see all too often these drugs being abused.I want to also thank you for sharing your addiction with me and good luck with everything.

I absolutely agree with you on everything you just said! Dr.s are sooooo irresponsible with these prescriptions too. All one has to do these days is go to an ER or their Dr. and complain of depression or pain and they throw a script at you. I know I used to "Dr. shop". Anyway I apologize this is OT! :) Thanks for your insight and understanding of this though!

Hypnotics, benzodiazepines, and benzo-like drugs (halcion, xanax, ativan, ambien, lunesta) can all cause short term amnesia. I experienced it personally when I took pescribed doses of Ativan after my first husband died. I've also heard it from friends and relatives. Medical literature holds many documented cases, and the press has reported on it for years. Back in the 80's 60 Minutes did a segment on Halcion and memory loss. In 2006, Patrick Kennedy was caught sleep-driving around the capitol in the middle of the night after taking Ambien, which gave way to many reports about amnesia and that drug.

We've heard that Misty used Xanax, among other things. For the sake of argument, let's assume that she did suffer from drug-induced amnesia. Would her behavior after the fact differ from what we've seen? I say yes. She would have claimed no memory from the start and stuck with that claim. She would acknowledge a blurry block of time, but would be unable to demarcate the precise time the blur commenced and ended. Misty doesn't complain of being unable to remember. She attributed her ignorance to sleep. She went to bed at 10 and was awakened by the urge to "pee" around 3 am. And she gave clear details on everything before and afterward.

I won't touch Ambien ever again! Did crazy crazy stuff in my sleep! I count my lucky stars w/ the benzos and Ambien that I'm alive and never been to jail!

Thank you! That was part of the point I was trying to get across. Opiates do not make you black out! Relaxed, tired and euphoric yes. But they do not cause "amnesia" lol.

I would have agreed with you about pain meds not causing blackouts. However, I did a search and all the searches say that addiction to painkillers can cause:

Blackouts and Forgetfulness – Another clear indication of dependence is when the person regularly forgets events that have taken place and appears to be suffering frequent blackouts.

http://www.painkiller-addiction-treatment.com/painkiller-addiction-signs-symptoms

I would have prefered a plain old "no" choice, but since I had to pick--I chose passed out--I really think sleeping with a little medicinal help maybe. I think RC was using her for the patsy.

Yeah, but if she doesn't know what happened, that does not depend on her being in a blackout or amnesia. It depends on her not being aware, and people who are passed out are not aware, and that explanation is more simple than amnesia. One reason it's more simple is that I don't think we know of her using drugs that routinely cause amnesia--but it is not uncommon for opiate junkies to take that kind of stuff on the side

I have always leaned towards believing she was not aware of Haleigh's abduction. It just makes more sense that she wasn't aware. Like, what would be in it for her? And if you were to take Haleigh with Misty's knowledge, how could you be sure Misty wouldn't talk? You couldn't be sure. Misty would have to be knocked off.

I also think she has known more than she's told. And I think by her own admission, she has known more than she's told, because the story about Tommy taking her to the boat ramp--I don't think she went and reported that conversation to LE the day it happened.

Misty's father seems to think she's not telling the truth. He keeps pleading with her to tell what she knows. I would think he might know her pretty well.

She knows.
She will not implicate the person(s) responsible for Haleigh's demise because she is covering for him/them and if she talks she will go down also. She needs to make a deal and talk.
I think that she does not know where Haleigh was taken after her death and where she is now, if she was moved. I am thinking it is possible Joe and/or Tommy made a deal and are talking. I think there are several people who know what happened to Haleigh, explaining Hardy's statement of several poi's. Think about who Misty does not talk about, does not blame and there are the answers. Ron and Timmy

JMO

She knows. She will not implicate the person(s) responsible for Haleigh's demise because she is covering for him/them and if she talks she will go down also.She needs to make a deal and talk.
I think that she does not know where Haleigh was taken after her death and where she is now, if she was moved. I am thinking it is possible Joe and/or Tommy made a deal and are talking. I think there are several people who know what happened to Haleigh, explaining Hardy's statement of several poi's. Think about who Misty does not talk about, does not blame and there are the answers. Ron and Timmy JMO

Misty has also not tried to implicate RC's mother, grandmother, sister, and/or other other local Cummings. Just sayin'.....

Misty has also not tried to implicate RC's mother, grandmother, sister, and/or other other local Cummings. Just sayin'.....

Yes, you are correct, I was just pointing out the main players who I believe are responsible for Haleigh's death (even if it was an accident, which I believe it was) and disposal. I hate typing that-it makes me so mad that anyone would be so selfish as to cover up the death and location of an innocent child, especially if it was an accident.
I think Misty will not turn on Ron as long as she is still in love with him and she believes he still loves her. I also think she is afraid of all of them, TN, RC, AS, maybe even Ron's father and uncle and/or various other relatives.
I am working on a theory but this is not the thread to discuss it.

JMO

She knows.
She will not implicate the person(s) responsible for Haleigh's demise because she is covering for him/them and if she talks she will go down also. She needs to make a deal and talk.
I think that she does not know where Haleigh was taken after her death and where she is now, if she was moved. I am thinking it is possible Joe and/or Tommy made a deal and are talking. I think there are several people who know what happened to Haleigh, explaining Hardy's statement of several poi's. Think about who Misty does not talk about, does not blame and there are the answers. Ron and Timmy

JMO

Problem I have right now, she and Tommy both keep saying LE doesn't want to hear anything either of them have to say about Ronald Cummings and I want to know WHY..
Also, Ronald Cummings and his family could/would never risk anyone other than very close family knowing how and where Haleigh was disposed of.. None of the Croslins know where Haleigh is..And LE should know this too.. They are not dumb, They know what the Cummings are capable of doing..
LE should have been applying pressure to TN, GGMS, KB and DS ( all the people Misty has never implicated) a long time ago and they should have investigated anyone and everyone in any way connected to any of the Cummings..
And IMHO KB's tree service business and her contracted customers should have been first on LE's list...JMO...

She knows.

JMO

BBM

I'm glad you brought this up Twall because I've thinking about this all day. I never paid too much attention to Timmy in the past but now I think Timmy is is involved in this somehow. There's a couple things that I've been thinking about:
1. Misty said that Ron was closer to Timmy
2. It was said by Chelsea:waitasec: that Timmy had been in a accident and on pain meds the night Haleigh went missing.
3. The blue van was at Timmy's house.
4. LC mentions something about Timmy and Ron...
5. Misty was gone for 3 days with NayNay
6. Tommy desperately wanted to talk to Timmy
7. Timmy and his family eventually left Satsuma
7. Timmy said if he came back to Florida he would be arrested.

I've been thinking and at first I thought maybe Misty does not know anything. But I think Misty found out what went on while she was gone. I've always thought that Misty was covering for Ron. I'm thinking now that Misty is covering for Ron because if she tells on Ron, it'll bring Timmy down too. I think she was faced with losing Ron AND one of her family members. Remember the conversation she had with Chelsea?? Misty said it would hurt two people, one that they care about and one not so much. Chelsea immediately thought that Misty was referring to Ron, and Misty shot that down, and Chelsea seemed confused. IMO, Ron was the one that she didn't care too much about...but Timmy is the one that she cares about.

I don't know what part Timmy played in this but IMO he played a part. That's who I think Misty is really trying to protect. Instead of throwing Timmy under the bus, her and Tommy chose JO. Better Jo than Timmy. If I had to pick a Croslin that had something to do with it, I would choose Timmy. And if Timmy feels if he comes back to Florida he will be arrested, it makes me question the reason that he left, KWIM? It's Timmy's wife, Chelsea, that we've heard so much from...Not too much from Lindsey. On one of the tapes, Tommy is asking for his dad to explain to Timmy what he's doing..and for Timmy to explain the same thing to Lindsey. I think Tommy is trying to tell Timmy that he's doing all this lying for him and going along with Misty's story because he knows that Misty is trying to protect him as well..so that he doesn't go down with Ron. And Tommy feels if Timmy explain this to Lindsey...Lindsey will understand his position in all of this. Does that make sense?

Passed out after a 3 day drug binge. Would she really have slept through something happening?

Remember according to Tommy, the cops don't believe he is being totally truthful but they do believe Misty is. :waitasec:

I think she 4 sure could sleep through anything after a 3 day bender. When I was her age, my next door neighbors house burnt to the ground, in the middle of the night......I never heard a thing! My bedroom was faceing their house and I had 5 HUGE windows, I wasn't on drugs at the time either. Apparently, all the neighbors, including my parents were outside as well, so it wasn't like they slept through it.

Haleigh wasn't her child. Now that I have a child, I sleep MUCH lighter......

We have to keep in mind that Misty was raised by the whole group of Croslins. From what I've heard on the tapes, Misty, ToC, Hank, Lisa...don't have a high school diploma. Much less a GED. All 4 (if I'm not mistaken) are drug users through their own admission or admissions of one of the 4 against them.

Lisa and ToC went to a neighbors and stole a gun based on news reports. These are uneducated and desperate people. I believe wholeheartedly that Misty knows exactly what happened, but she will never rat out her own family. Kind of like Gangland mentality.

Better to deny than to die from a family members sword. That's why she gives a few hints to save her own hide, but not enough to solve this case.

I believe Misty has ratted out her brother (Tommy several times and also her cousin Joe.) I can't believe anything she says.

Problem I have right now, she and Tommy both keep saying LE doesn't want to hear anything either of them have to say about Ronald Cummings and I want to know WHY..
Also, Ronald Cummings and his family could/would never risk anyone other than very close family knowing how and where Haleigh was disposed of.. None of the Croslins know where Haleigh is..And LE should know this too.. They are not dumb, They know what the Cummings are capable of doing..
LE should have been applying pressure to TN, GGMS, KB and DS ( all the people Misty has never implicated) a long time ago and they should have investigated anyone and everyone in any way connected to any of the Cummings..
And IMHO KB's tree service business and her contracted customers should have been first on LE's list...JMO...

I think LE is interested in what Misty and Tommy have to say about Ron, they are just acting like they are not interested because they don't want Ron tipped off that they are looking at him. It's all a game, a game of cat and mouse. LE is the cat, RC is the mouse and he will be caught!
Misty may not know all of the details about what happened to Haleigh, I believe she may not of even been there when Haleigh was harmed, she is following a script, a script given to her by Ron and co. There is no doubt in my mind she knows enough to bring charges related to Haleigh against Ron.

JMO

BBM

I'm glad you brought this up Twall because I've thinking about this all day. I never paid too much attention to Timmy in the past but now I think Timmy is is involved in this somehow. There's a couple things that I've been thinking about:
1. Misty said that Ron was closer to Timmy
2. It was said by Chelsea:waitasec: that Timmy had been in a accident and on pain meds the night Haleigh went missing.
3. The blue van was at Timmy's house.
4. LC mentions something about Timmy and Ron...
5. Misty was gone for 3 days with NayNay
6. Tommy desperately wanted to talk to Timmy
7. Timmy and his family eventually left Satsuma
7. Timmy said if he came back to Florida he would be arrested.

I've been thinking and at first I thought maybe Misty does not know anything. But I think Misty found out what went on while she was gone. I've always thought that Misty was covering for Ron. I'm thinking now that Misty is covering for Ron because if she tells on Ron, it'll bring Timmy down too. I think she was faced with losing Ron AND one of her family members. Remember the conversation she had with Chelsea?? Misty said it would hurt two people, one that they care about and one not so much. Chelsea immediately thought that Misty was referring to Ron, and Misty shot that down, and Chelsea seemed confused. IMO, Ron was the one that she didn't care too much about...but Timmy is the one that she cares about.

I don't know what part Timmy played in this but IMO he played a part. That's who I think Misty is really trying to protect. Instead of throwing Timmy under the bus, her and Tommy chose JO. Better Jo than Timmy. If I had to pick a Croslin that had something to do with it, I would choose Timmy. And if Timmy feels if he comes back to Florida he will be arrested, it makes me question the reason that he left, KWIM? It's Timmy's wife, Chelsea, that we've heard so much from...Not too much from Lindsey. On one of the tapes, Tommy is asking for his dad to explain to Timmy what he's doing..and for Timmy to explain the same thing to Lindsey. I think Tommy is trying to tell Timmy that he's doing all this lying for him and going along with Misty's story because he knows that Misty is trying to protect him as well..so that he doesn't go down with Ron. And Tommy feels if Timmy explain this to Lindsey...Lindsey will understand his position in all of this. Does that make sense?

yes, it makes sense, perfect sense. BINGO

JMO

I am wondering the same thing also. I would think she wouldn't be able to get up and be alert, let alone for any length of time such as initially being questioned by LE. And I would also think it would be very apparent to LE she had been using a large quantity of drugs if indeed she "crashed" that night. MOO

She sure didn't sound like she had just gotten up when she made the 911 call. I think she had long been up awhile and Haleigh had been taken way before Ron came in from work.

She just wanted him to think she had just discovered Haleigh missing at almost the exact time when she knew he would be arriving home.

I first I thought Misty may have just been there and witnessed what happened but now she is doing the finger pointing routine at any and everybody and that tends to make me feel she is in this much deeper than I first expected.

No one is protecting what happened to Haleigh anymore than Misty Croslin. I think it for self preservation reasons. Misty cares about Misty more than anyone.

IMO

I think LE is interested in what Misty and Tommy have to say about Ron, they are just acting like they are not interested because they don't want Ron tipped off that they are looking at him. It's all a game, a game of cat and mouse. LE is the cat, RC is the mouse and he will be caught!
Misty may not know all of the details about what happened to Haleigh, I believe she may not of even been there when Haleigh was harmed, she is following a script, a script given to her by Ron and co. There is no doubt in my mind she knows enough to bring charges related to Haleigh against Ron.

JMO

I really don't think they are interested in sitting there wasting their time listening to another chapter of lies from Misty Croslin. Weren't these tapes in MARCH 2010 ?

FGS! It has been 15 months which is more than ample time to check Ron Cummings' alibi out. Can't sneak home when there are surveillance cameras all around the plant yard a person works at or where there are other employees. Misty does seem to be clueless how a real investigation works.

I don't think Misty will be getting her deputy badge anytime soon. Most likely she will be cleaning the prison bathrooms instead.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member