Does Misty really not know what happened? *POLL ADDED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Does Misty know what happened to Haleigh?

• Yes, she is still lying

Votes: 203 67.7%
  • No, she was passed out

Votes: 40 13.3%
  • No, she was too high on drugs to remember

Votes: 28 9.3%
  • No, she wasn't home

Votes: 29 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Emerald. I think she has been given 2nd hand information as to what was done with the body but I do not think she was actually present while it was being done (disposal)

I believe she WAS present while Haleigh was dying.

In this case particulary, I use the term "know" very cautiously and with specificity. I will only use know in the truest sense of the word.

If I think someone was told then I am not comfortable calling that "knowing" especially with this group of liars.

In reference to myself, if I were Misty, I wouldn't believe anything Ronald or anyone in his family told me.. I was thinking perhaps she had accidentally stumbled upon something that would have given her some insight as to how or where Haleigh's remains were disposed of....No way do I believe Ron C or anyone in his family deemed Misty privy to that information, but there is a possibility she may have and idea as to what may have occurred concerning Haleigh's remains.. For certain I do believe they were disposed of in a manner so they would never be found...JMO

I'm sitting here listen to the Levi Page's show from last night and they played the tape of Misty turning on Ron and Misty said something on the tape that caught my attention. Misty said something to the effect that Ronald was trying to commit suicide and she said that LE should look into the reason as to why Ronald was trying to commit suicide. I think that is the closest we've gotten to Misty admitting that Ronald is involved.

But Misty was claiming to be "crashed" (asleep) for only a few hours, not days. Add in the time claimed she and RC slept after being up all night (making Haleigh late for school) and then either went back to bed or hung around all day, none of it adds up to a 1-day crash. Even if true, she could have passed at least one LDT.

Nope, not buying it.

That is a big part of Misty's problem. Her story about what they did that day does not make sense. IMO, that story was the normal routine not what actually happened because she never gave "specifics." She started to say what Ron was doing that day then said he laid around until time to go to work while dressed in his work clothes. That told me she did not know what Ron was doing that day. Misty had Jr. playing then taking a nap so she stayed home while Ron picked up Haleigh. Misty forgot that she had said Ron and her slept until noon after dropping Haleigh off at school. Misty forgot all about Jr. IMO, there was never any specifics or details that could be verified because she did not know.

I don't think Misty was there that day. But felt or was told she had to say she was. TN had said at the beginning that Ron and Misty got together on Sunday night, stayed up all night talking and were together all day Monday. If Misty veered from that story then it cast suspicions on TN.

Although I think anyone who takes a LDT is asking for trouble, I also do not think Misty ever had a chance of passing a LDT. At the very least, I would think you would have to believe what you are saying. Then you need to want to take the test, not be stressed out because you were forced to take the test. Misty was pressured into taking them. Tim Miller said one time Ron and another time TN told him after Misty refused to take a test that they would talk her into it. A couple hours later, Misty took the test after writing out that she was going against her attorneys advice because she wanted to help find Haleigh. Of course, Ron did not want to help find Haleigh enough to go against his attorneys advice and take a test.

I've always felt that she was told to never admit she did not know or remember such as what Ron did that day because it would make her look like she was lying. Then Misty was also fed stories, maybe this happened, maybe that happened, and would relate them but did not believe them herself.

IMO, Misty was set up to fail those tests to damage her credibility so if she ever did tell the truth, no one would believe her.

That is a big part of Misty's problem. Her story about what they did that day does not make sense. IMO, that story was the normal routine not what actually happened because she never gave "specifics." She started to say what Ron was doing that day then said he laid around until time to go to work while dressed in his work clothes. That told me she did not know what Ron was doing that day. Misty had Jr. playing then taking a nap so she stayed home while Ron picked up Haleigh. Misty forgot that she had said Ron and her slept until noon after dropping Haleigh off at school. Misty forgot all about Jr. IMO, there was never any specifics or details that could be verified because she did not know.

I don't think Misty was there that day. But felt or was told she had to say she was. TN had said at the beginning that Ron and Misty got together on Sunday night, stayed up all night talking and were together all day Monday. If Misty veered from that story then it cast suspicions on TN.

Although I think anyone who takes a LDT is asking for trouble, I also do not think Misty ever had a chance of passing a LDT. At the very least, I would think you would have to believe what you are saying. Then you need to want to take the test, not be stressed out because you were forced to take the test. Misty was pressured into taking them. Tim Miller said one time Ron and another time TN told him after Misty refused to take a test that they would talk her into it. A couple hours later, Misty took the test after writing out that she was going against her attorneys advice because she wanted to help find Haleigh. Of course, Ron did not want to help find Haleigh enough to go against his attorneys advice and take a test.

I've always felt that she was told to never admit she did not know or remember such as what Ron did that day because it would make her look like she was lying. Then Misty was also fed stories, maybe this happened, maybe that happened, and would relate them but did not believe them herself.

IMO, Misty was set up to fail those tests to damage her credibility so if she ever did tell the truth, no one would believe her.

Wasn't Misty at, Tim's home, when TN called her asking her to babysit that night? Or did TN call her on Sunday and ask her to?

Although I think anyone who takes a LDT is asking for trouble, I also do not think Misty ever had a chance of passing a LDT.

I don't think she was set up to fail, but failure of a lie detector means nothing at all. I took one when I was 19 to clear my name when a purse with some money in it turned up missing at this house where this other guy and I made a furniture delivery. I said, "Sure, I'll take the test." And this cop tells me I'm failing while I was taking it, and the best thing for me to do was to confess and so on and so on, screaming and carrying on, about how I'd walk out if I confessed but he was locking me up if I didn't. He kept it up until I was out the building and then he says to me, "Son, I know you didn't know anything about that purse. All I said in there was just part of the lie detector to see if you were lying." Well, the actual results would have said I failed because I felt my pulse rate go up when he started accusing me.

Persons who have taken lie detector tests are better qualified to judge what this test actually is, and people who have taken lie detector tests don't seem to think much of them and many who have taken them say they'll never under any circumstances ever take one again, no matter how innocent they are. I did wind up with a cop believing my story as a result of the test, but this was only after being screamed at for about an hour.

I was so mixed up I never did get around to telling the cops that I went to the hardware store to get some screws while the other guy stayed at the house by himself. He probably took that purse while I was gone, but they never put him on the lie detector because after interviewing me, I think they just assumed that neither of us knew anything.

I don't think Misty's results mean anything. I still think she is a liar, but my judgment that she is a liar is not based on any lie detector test results.

They can be a good tool for getting a confession but that's it.

And apparently the courts don't think anything more of lie detector tests than I do. And voice stress tests are held in even lower regard, if that's possible.

According to Teresa, Misty was exhausted, just flat exhausted. But she said it was because Misty and Ron had stayed up all night Sunday talking and making up. Now it appears that Misty wasn't home on Sunday night talking to Ron, but still doesn't preclude them having talked on the phone all night long. Since we've been told that Teresa needed Misty to come home to babysit the children on Monday night, it seems clear that Misty wasn't in the home with Ron.

Why the discrepancy? What does Misty know? I'm thinking a lot, and I'm thinking that what she knows is going to point at Teresa.

Yes, TN and GGS are out to protect Ronald at any cost. They're in "Cindy Anthony mode" - protect their kid, no matter what, and are protecting themselves. GGS protects RC because she has done so his whole life. TN protects because she didn't when he was growing up.

It could be their own guilt. TN insisted Misty stay with the kids that night. So part of it is her fault. RC brought his kids into a dangerous world and left them in the care of an incompetent babysitter/immature child/underage sex partner/free housekeeper. Lots of guilt, although RC doesn't appear to have an ounce of guilt. Lots of reasons for TN to protect Ronald, the child she didn't protect years earlier. Tons of guilt. Lots of cover-up. Still no Haleigh, and instead of worrying about the child, they cover for Ronald and themselves, while Ronald went about his life without a care in the world, except the media wouldn't let him do what he wanted to do.

So yes, Misty knows what happened and so does everyone else. They're all in C-M-A mode, as well as protecting RC. :shakehead: On the earliest tapes it's clear Misty is following someone's instructions, someone's threats. If she doesn't know exactly what happened to Haleigh, she knows who's been threatening her and feeding her the scripts.

I just posted in the General Theory thread a discussion about a LDT tests on JVM the other night that was very informative on why they are not considered reliable.

I don't care if Misty passed or not. I do find her response interesting. I believe her response show more of what stories those around her were trying to sell.

Wasn't Misty at, Tim's home, when TN called her asking her to babysit that night? Or did TN call her on Sunday and ask her to?

I have no idea. The way I heard the story did not make sense.

I heard that Misty had the kids and called TN to ask her to babysit. TN told Misty that she would pay Misty to babysit. That never made sense to me. You usually offer to pay to get someone there not to keep them there.

Does anyone have a link to the babysitting story?

I have no idea. The way I heard the story did not make sense.

I heard that Misty had the kids and called TN to ask her to babysit. TN told Misty that she would pay Misty to babysit. That never made sense to me. You usually offer to pay to get someone there not to keep them there.

Does anyone have a link to the babysitting story?

http://www.artharris.com/2010/02/03/exclusive-misty-croslin-balked-at-babysitting-haleigh/

Then, Misty related, Ronald Cummings mother, offered to pay her. “She told me, ‘Teresa (Neves) said, ‘I’ll pay you to watch ‘em.’ But I told her, ‘No, you don’t have to pay me, I’ll watch ‘em.’ Remember that weekend, she and Ronald were fighting after she came back, so she told his mother, ‘No, I’ll go home and watch ‘em if it’s okay with Ronald.’”

I was going to snip your comments for space, but it's really too good to chop.

My point about recalling Misty's Sunday night and Monday was there wasn't enough time to "crash" believably and do all she claimed to have done. I agree with you, something doesn't add up. Add TN to the mix, sticking to RC and Misty like glue, speaking for them at every chance... Highly suspicious.

There's also a possibility Misty has been given so many stories she has no idea what is fact and what is fiction. She seems highly impressionable, add to that her dependent mentality, I assume she was willing to do anything for the people who were letting her live with them.

Yes, TN and GGS are out to protect Ronald at any cost. They're in "Cindy Anthony mode" - protect their kid, no matter what, and are protecting themselves. GGS protects RC because she has done so his whole life. TN protects because she didn't when he was growing up.

It could be their own guilt. TN insisted Misty stay with the kids that night. So part of it is her fault. RC brought his kids into a dangerous world and left them in the care of an incompetent babysitter/immature child/underage sex partner/free housekeeper. Lots of guilt, although RC doesn't appear to have an ounce of guilt. Lots of reasons for TN to protect Ronald, the child she didn't protect years earlier. Tons of guilt. Lots of cover-up. Still no Haleigh, and instead of worrying about the child, they cover for Ronald and themselves, while Ronald went about his life without a care in the world, except the media wouldn't let him do what he wanted to do.

So yes, Misty knows what happened and so does everyone else. They're all in C-M-A mode, as well as protecting RC. :shakehead: On the earliest tapes it's clear Misty is following someone's instructions, someone's threats. If she doesn't know exactly what happened to Haleigh, she knows who's been threatening her and feeding her the scripts.

Excellent post :clap: Reminds me of a quote from TN during a jailhouse conversation with her son when she mentioned "how proud she was of him." WTF? Her son is in jail on serious drug charges, and she's proud of him? Whatever could be the reason for that? RC isn't ratting out his mama 'cuz he knows that Mama will stick by her son. jmo

Misty certainly knows enough to move this investigation along in the right direction, imo. She is such a self centered girl, I don't understand why she won't put herself first and make a deal.

...I guess it's possible that having her folks there in town is still a vulnerability if there is a threat, but otherwise? Perhaps PCSO should let Hank and Lisa go on to Michigan or Massachusetts, it might loosen things up. Idk

Excellent post :clap: Reminds me of a quote from TN during a jailhouse conversation with her son when she mentioned "how proud she was of him." WTF? Her son is in jail on serious drug charges, and she's proud of him? Whatever could be the reason for that? RC isn't ratting out his mama 'cuz he knows that Mama will stick by her son. jmo

Was it in reference to his brilliance in getting Misty in jail in order to get her to talk?

If they really had such a plan it seems to imply that RC and TN think Misty knows something.

Was it in reference to his brilliance in getting Misty in jail in order to get her to talk?

If they really had such a plan it seems to imply that RC and TN think Misty knows something.

And then we have Annette Sykes, just a few weeks ago, telling the world once again that Misty was there all night, doesn't know anything and wasn't messed up on any drugs.

I don't happen to think that RC is brilliant, so that's a moot point. If RC and his Mama had a plan to get Misty behind bars to get her to talk, it hasn't worked too well for them ;) jmo

I have difficulty accepting the idea that a learning-impaired street urchin and her stoned petty-thief of an older brother have "masterminded" the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings.

The Croslins have only recently grasped reality - while drying out in jail. They now can focus on consequences of imprisonment, and exercise what's left of their minds trying to figure this thing out, and trying to weasel out of it as best they can.

Sadly for them, they are more successful (defensively) when they are stoned than when they are able to think.

I understand those who feel it's very likely higher functioning minds were busy orchestrating this mysterious disappearance and running interference early on while these two (and Ron makes 3) were as high as a kite.

Are we now waiting for Misty - the key - to realize she's had the power all along to expose the Wizard behind the curtain - the Wizard whose objective is to trap her in Oz forever?

If I was her counsel, I'd be exploring that angle with her very persistently.

We have been missing Kansas for a long, long while; it's time to click those ruby slippers and bring Haleigh home.

I have difficulty accepting the idea that a learning-impaired street urchin and her stoned petty-thief of an older brother have "masterminded" the disappearance of Haleigh Cummings.

Great post, Em. Your opening line nails it. :clap: Masterminds, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Isla_lei