Does Misty really not know what happened? *POLL ADDED*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Does Misty know what happened to Haleigh?

• Yes, she is still lying

Votes: 203 67.7%
  • No, she was passed out

Votes: 40 13.3%
  • No, she was too high on drugs to remember

Votes: 28 9.3%
  • No, she wasn't home

Votes: 29 9.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Snipped..

Remeron and Halcion are capable of doing that too... Wonder who in the Cummings Clan may have slipped her that pill IF indeed she doesn't remember the events of that night? I suspect she remembers what happened that afternoon though before she was given something to knock her out IF indeed that happened...JMO

This would definitely make sense of many of Misty's comments.

Snipped..

Remeron and Halcion are capable of doing that too... Wonder who in the Cummings Clan may have slipped her that pill IF indeed she doesn't remember the events of that night? I suspect she remembers what happened that afternoon though before she was given something to knock her out IF indeed that happened...JMO
Hmm...I dunno, Em. Seems to me the results would have been too unpredictable. Misty had to be ready to go onstage when it was time to call in LE.

Snipped..

Humm.. I think on Misty's voice test, she says something like "she (HaLeigh) was fine then"... or something like that.

What time was that at?

Hmm...I dunno, Em. Seems to me the results would have been too unpredictable. Misty had to be ready to go onstage when it was time to call in LE.

I understand what you're saying but based on my take on the 911 call, she wasn't ready to go onstage. She didn't quite have all her lines learned.

Humm.. I think on Misty's voice test, she says something like "she (HaLeigh) was fine then"... or something like that.

What time was that at?
Zaha, I'm not picking on you, but have you actually heard Misty say that in a video or tape? I've listened to the session at least a hundred times -- no joke -- and Misty does not say those words. If anyone can produce a video or tape where she does make that comment, I'd be very grateful.

I understand what you're saying but based on my take on the 911 call, she wasn't ready to go onstage. She didn't quite have all her lines learned.

But at least she was cognizant. Actually, I think she did a pretty good job considering the way Ron was carrying on in the background.

Zaha, I'm not picking on you, but have you actually heard Misty say that in a video or tape? I've listened to the session at least a hundred times -- no joke -- and Misty does not say those words. If anyone can produce a video or tape where she does make that comment, I'd be very grateful.

Yes, I have heard Misty say that.. I know it is on a video .. I thought it was on the voice test.

Have to put my boy to bed, but, I will come back on later and find it for you..I know it is on here somewhere :)

Yes, I have heard Misty say that.. I know it is on a video .. I thought it was on the voice test.

Have to put my boy to bed, but, I will come back on later and find it for you..I know it is on here somewhere :)

OK ..call me Misty from now on.. LOL.. I change my story.

I can not find the video .... I will now say "NO" there is not video...but.. am I lying now because I really think there is a video (somewhere):waitasec:?

OK ..call me Misty from now on.. LOL.. I change my story.

I can not find the video .... I will now say "NO" there is not video...but.. am I lying now because I really think there is a video (somewhere):waitasec:?

IIRC, there is something out there (video) where Misty says this out of her own mouth. I cannot remember where, but I'm quite sure one of our veteran sleuths will be able to find it for you.

When I heard Misty say that "Haleigh was doing fine or doing great" I remember thinking to myself "why wouldn't she be fine or great". So I know I've heard it.

ETA: I saw that Clown posted the video. Thanks Clown! LOL (no disrespect intended)

Liar, indeed. Don't be silly, Zaha. I wasn't trying to put you on the spot. I hoped you'd come up with that tape, but I was pretty sure you wouldn't. ;)

Until several months ago, I was sure I'd heard Misty say Haleigh was riding her bike and she was fine (words to that effect). Then one day while reviewing the case, I listened to the LVA and hypnosis videos again and realized that she doesn't say those words at all. It made me crazy because those few words had really influenced my views. I went searching and found an early post by a former member here in which she attempted to transcribe the hypnosis video. She added those words. I'm sure it was unintentional, but her simple error has made a big impact on our collective opinions. I'm a stickler for facts. I seek out the original source documents and listen to unedited, raw tapes, whenever possible, painful as it might be. But that one almost got by me, and it was a reminder never to take anyone's word for granted.
Misty under hypnosis.

http://www.wftv.com/video/20605182/index.html

The talk about Haleigh doing wheelies is at about 26:00 in this video.

ETA: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Hypnosis transcription
Link to the member's transcription for comparison to the video.

That happened to me once too Bessie. I read something that members remembered over and over and thought it was fact and posted as such. I was corrected, thankfully.

Links are our friends.

After reading thru many of the posts on this thread a couple of them REALLY struck a chord with me.(and this is the ONLY WAY I could even begin to believe that its POSSIBLE THAT Misty DOES NOT know what took place that night) I'll explain... I unfortunately am a chronic insomniac(if u look at my posts ALOT are during hours that most of America is sleeping) but NOT me. Anyway my point of sharing that is that throughout my many years of insomnia I indeed have tried Ambien as a way to resolve this issue. I have taken both the regular or original Ambien as well as the Ambien CR(which is time released in order to combat that 2nd phase of sleep where if u awake between the 2phases u can pretty much count on NOT falling back to sleep to reach the 2nd phase(a much needed type of deep sleep)The CR releases during this time to keep you sedated thru the phase where alot awake, therefore keeping you asleep throughout that much needed 2nd phase. Now that I've explained how the Ambien CR "works", I'll tell you the MAJOR side effect(s) of the original Ambien. I'm sure alot of ppl are aware,if not by personal experience or living with someone thats taken it, then many have heard thru many of the stories in the media(i.e. 1 of the U.S. Senators was pulled over in his BMW, clothed in his PJs&claiming to be headed to the Capitol to vote)It was later confirmed that he was indeed under the influence of Ambien. My point is until you have personally experienced or 1st hand have seen someone under the influence of Ambien then You cannot even comprehend the COMPLETE STATE OF BLACKOUT that you are in. I am not exaggerrating even the slightest bit when I say TOTAL BLACKOUT. As I too, back in the crazy college days on more than several occasions had WAY TOO MUCH to drink, to the point that the next day I had trouble remembering how I had gotten home the night before. And yes, things have been quite fuzzy but USUALLY after sobering up I would vaguely recall how I had gotten home. But with Ambien it is a COMPLETELY different ballgame. Having NO recollection of the night before. This was esp.so when after having took the med I would get busy say doing laundry, for instance. When I would feel the med start to have its drowsy affect(which is when u get your butt in bed)but I'd want to finish that last load of laundry, and my intent would be after finishing to THEN go to bed. Once in that drowsy phase if u continue to stay "awake"it quickly changes to COMPLETE BLACKOUT! Would not recall not only how I finished the laundry but would have not even a slightest memory of anything else that followed in those next few hours including going to grocery store(shopping for full course meal)&having convos with staff at the store, coming home(and yes I FULLY realize the danger that I was putting others that I crossed paths with while driving) and cooking sometimes elaborate meals and eating them.Having phone/email convos that I had no capability of recalling at a later time, even when the next day I could see right there in blk&wht on my computer screen the pages of emails that I had written(even then it still jarred NO MEMORY WHATSOEVER)...So, back to how this relates to Misty is that just as someone posted previously on this thread about that when ppl come down off of drug binges that they do not necessarily crash hard into deep sleeps, rather very restless, awakening at the slightest noise therefore I could see it very POSSIBLE for Misty to have taken an Ambien type drug to get some DEEP SLEEP and as I described taking either of the types of Ambien would leave her with NO RECOLLECTION of that night. The CR type would "keep" her in that sound&deep sleep, whereas the original type would have her in a COMPLETELY BLACKED OUT state. Both with no capability of recalling the events, and my personal experience that could "possibly" include that if Misty was under the influence of the original Ambien it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that she was witness to what happened but TRULY has NO RECOLLECTION. This would also account for why GGS says she appeared "fine" because #1 at 730pm she may not have taken the Ambien yet and #2 by all accts of my fam& friends(& even the staff at my local grocer) can attest that I too seemed "fine"but when actually was in a COMPLETE BLACKOUT...
This is the only way I can see that she POSSIBLY DOES NOT know what occurred that night..

ETA: I am quite sure that I am NOT the only one that has had these experiences or similar. If you look on the Ambien website there are 100's of accounts of this with many being much much more twisted in nature(infact several being sexual in nature)I'll see if I can find link to any of tehm..

ITA w/every single thing u say about Ambien!! I will never take that drug again after learning what stuff I had done on it and it's true that you cannot remember anything after the blackout. VERY FRIGHTENING!

Well, in my search I found something else..
Misty's hypnosis video..
Please tell me that Ronald was not there! Around the 0:34 mark a male voice says "how longs this gunna take", at the same time misty looks to her left towards the voice....please, please tell me he was NOT there!

Not Ronald. I think it's Tim Miller from TES. He set up the test.

it's no wonder why LE is so frustrated with all the inconsistencies. I believe they were bold faced lies from the start.... SHE IS INVOLVED, and I won't be surprised if she did infact "allow" something to happen to Haleigh while her&Jr hid in bed..Which I know ppl are questioning the validity of any type scenario such aS Misty&Jr under covers in bed while Haleigh cried/screamed out in othre room before being taken from the mh.Because ppl feel as tho Jr would have told this. Not if his was sound asleep he wouldn't.He did stay up in Living room to watch his movie, while Haleigh watched Air Buds in Mistys bedroom. Easily Jr could have been sleeping soundly there on couch and then when "whomever" brought Haleigh out of bedroom and into Living Room to do "whatever" Misty easily could have scooped up Jr from the couch(still sleeping soundly) and got into her bed with him and shut the bedroom door.My son since an infant can sleep thru ANYTHING and I do mean ANYTHING(he's 13now&still could). Possibly Jr did wake up briefly and thats where he saw couch boouncing or man dressed in black carrying Haleigh. So, I do believe this scenario is absolutely possible.

_

Liar, indeed. Don't be silly, Zaha. I wasn't trying to put you on the spot. I hoped you'd come up with that tape, but I was pretty sure you wouldn't. ;)

Until several months ago, I was sure I'd heard Misty say Haleigh was riding her bike and she was fine (words to that effect). Then one day while reviewing the case, I listened to the LVA and hypnosis videos again and realized that she doesn't say those words at all. It made me crazy because those few words had really influenced my views. I went searching and found an early post by a former member here in which she attempted to transcribe the hypnosis video. She added those words. I'm sure it was unintentional, but her simple error has made a big impact on our collective opinions. I'm a stickler for facts. I seek out the original source documents and listen to unedited, raw tapes, whenever possible, painful as it might be. But that one almost got by me, and it was a reminder never to take anyone's word for granted.
Misty under hypnosis.

The talk about Haleigh doing wheelies is at about 26:00 in this video.

ETA: Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Hypnosis transcription
Link to the member's transcription for comparison to the video.

I do believe the statement "...she was doing great then..." or maybe the word was 'fine' or something to that affect, is here somewhere. We've been over this countless times and just when I'm ready to give up, someone finds the link. If I recall correctly, it wasn't found in the LVA or hypnosis video. I remember being surprised as to where it was found because I thought it was in one of the two videos mentioned.

Either way, I'm willing to concede if we can't find the link.

:dance:

"Croslin also keeps saying the same story over and over again. She says something to the effect that she got up, went to the bathroom, found the kitchen light on, and then she went back and found Haleigh was gone. She always finishes it with "That's all I know." I find her memory of that event is quite sparse and lacking. You would think she would remember more detail. When we recollect a story, oftentimes, we remember different details, or thoughts--things we were thinking at the time. Yet Croslin seems to have no "thinking memories" of her experience. It is more like she is talking from rote memory. She only repeats the same thing over and over again.
The same is true for her 911 call. The details are sketchy at best. Her memories don't flow logically. It doesn't make sense.
911: "911, what's your emergency"
Misty Croslin: "Hi...umm...we just woke up...and our back door was wide open, and we can't find our daughter."
We just woke up?
911: "OK, when did you last see her?"
Misty Croslin: "Um, we like just...you know...it was about 10 o'clock... we were...she was sleeping- I ...she?...cleaning...
Why doesn't she have normal recollections here?"

link: FOR SOME REASON THIS LINK IS NOT POSTING - IDK WHY THAT IS???

BBM: If you haven't checked out this link before, it is good research. I disagree with a couple of her opinions/thoughts - but I M not the expert here! Comments posted to her opinions are interesting too.
The reason I M posting this link and comments above, is based on a theory that MC just MAY have been given (or taken) something to "knock her out" ... As you may recall, MC has stated several times "how tired she was" - this raised flags for me also, it is as if she really doesn't understand why she was so extremely tired, like she had no control of how tired she was (did someone actually drug her?) - JMO.

After reading thru many of the posts on this thread a couple of them REALLY struck a chord with me.(and this is the ONLY WAY I could even begin to believe that its POSSIBLE THAT Misty DOES NOT know what took place that night) I'll explain... I unfortunately am a chronic insomniac(if u look at my posts ALOT are during hours that most of America is sleeping) but NOT me. Anyway my point of sharing that is that throughout my many years of insomnia I indeed have tried Ambien as a way to resolve this issue. I have taken both the regular or original Ambien as well as the Ambien CR(which is time released in order to combat that 2nd phase of sleep where if u awake between the 2phases u can pretty much count on NOT falling back to sleep to reach the 2nd phase(a much needed type of deep sleep)The CR releases during this time to keep you sedated thru the phase where alot awake, therefore keeping you asleep throughout that much needed 2nd phase. Now that I've explained how the Ambien CR "works", I'll tell you the MAJOR side effect(s) of the original Ambien. I'm sure alot of ppl are aware,if not by personal experience or living with someone thats taken it, then many have heard thru many of the stories in the media(i.e. 1 of the U.S. Senators was pulled over in his BMW, clothed in his PJs&claiming to be headed to the Capitol to vote)It was later confirmed that he was indeed under the influence of Ambien. My point is until you have personally experienced or 1st hand have seen someone under the influence of Ambien then You cannot even comprehend the COMPLETE STATE OF BLACKOUT that you are in. I am not exaggerrating even the slightest bit when I say TOTAL BLACKOUT. As I too, back in the crazy college days on more than several occasions had WAY TOO MUCH to drink, to the point that the next day I had trouble remembering how I had gotten home the night before. And yes, things have been quite fuzzy but USUALLY after sobering up I would vaguely recall how I had gotten home. But with Ambien it is a COMPLETELY different ballgame. Having NO recollection of the night before. This was esp.so when after having took the med I would get busy say doing laundry, for instance. When I would feel the med start to have its drowsy affect(which is when u get your butt in bed)but I'd want to finish that last load of laundry, and my intent would be after finishing to THEN go to bed. Once in that drowsy phase if u continue to stay "awake"it quickly changes to COMPLETE BLACKOUT! Would not recall not only how I finished the laundry but would have not even a slightest memory of anything else that followed in those next few hours including going to grocery store(shopping for full course meal)&having convos with staff at the store, coming home(and yes I FULLY realize the danger that I was putting others that I crossed paths with while driving) and cooking sometimes elaborate meals and eating them.Having phone/email convos that I had no capability of recalling at a later time, even when the next day I could see right there in blk&wht on my computer screen the pages of emails that I had written(even then it still jarred NO MEMORY WHATSOEVER)...So, back to how this relates to Misty is that just as someone posted previously on this thread about that when ppl come down off of drug binges that they do not necessarily crash hard into deep sleeps, rather very restless, awakening at the slightest noise therefore I could see it very POSSIBLE for Misty to have taken an Ambien type drug to get some DEEP SLEEP and as I described taking either of the types of Ambien would leave her with NO RECOLLECTION of that night. The CR type would "keep" her in that sound&deep sleep, whereas the original type would have her in a COMPLETELY BLACKED OUT state. Both with no capability of recalling the events, and my personal experience that could "possibly" include that if Misty was under the influence of the original Ambien it is ENTIRELY POSSIBLE that she was witness to what happened but TRULY has NO RECOLLECTION. This would also account for why GGS says she appeared "fine" because #1 at 730pm she may not have taken the Ambien yet and #2 by all accts of my fam& friends(& even the staff at my local grocer) can attest that I too seemed "fine"but when actually was in a COMPLETE BLACKOUT...
This is the only way I can see that she POSSIBLY DOES NOT know what occurred that night..

ETA: I am quite sure that I am NOT the only one that has had these experiences or similar. If you look on the Ambien website there are 100's of accounts of this with many being much much more twisted in nature(infact several being sexual in nature)I'll see if I can find link to any of tehm..

I have taken Ambien, but I have never had a total blackout when I could not remember anything. I do recall falling asleep while reading one night, and my husband found me sitting straight up with the book open and wearing my glasses... sound asleep. I remember him waking me and telling me to go to bed, which I did and fell back to sleep immediately. But I remembered it all the next day and we had a good laugh out of it.
Taking a sleeping pill and then pushing yourself to stay awake to do other things is defeating the purpose. A person should go to bed within 20 minutes of taking it and plan to sleep at least 7 hours. If they stay up doing other things, then their body is fighting that urge to sleep and they risk a blackout because the pill is doing what it is designed to do. The brain can't fight that urge, so it shuts down.
On the occasion I have taken it, I find that I can fall asleep quickly but wake up rested the next morning, and have had no problems. I suspect that the percentage of people who have had these blackouts is small compared to the ones who have had no problems at all. JMO.
As for Misty taking it, I don't know, it's possible. But for some reason, I doubt that she can't remember the events of that evening, I think she just doesn't want to admit her part of everything that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member