Don't miss ! ~ 20/20~ 9/05/08~caylee anthony case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Wasn't this the same show Scott Peterson was on? I know he was inverviewed by Diane Sawyer and others. Who exactly is going to be on the show? The parents?

The media outlets pay a lot for pictures if they're granted an interview. It's their way of paying for an interview while technically saying they never pay for interviews. The media outlet with the highest bid for the pictures in addition to the interview wins the ratings game.

I don't have a link, I saw a show about it a couple years ago.

I'm not saying that is what's happening in this case but it seems rather suspicious to me

That makes sense. No surprise that media today would find away around the ethics of paying for interviews.

I personally have absolutely no intention of watching 20/20

1. I want to know where the money is coming from for sure.
2. Cindy is so against the media. Calling them maggots and everything else.
3. I'd rather not watch her get her jollies off on ratings and the latest spew of lies.
4. I don't think I can handle a "home video" of Caylee right now
5. Even *IF* I were to watch the show, I'd rather watch Patty's version, that way no one else profits :D

Guys, let's remember, we have no evidence whatsoever that ABC paid anything. If I had to guess I would say no they did not.

20/20 has a reputation to keep and it is considered unethical for a news outlet to "pay" for an interview. Now, I know some do pay all the time but I just don't think 20/20 would stoop that low...yet.

You are correct, 20/20 does not pay for interviews. Barbara Walters spoke about this many, many times on the View, especially when ABC was hit hard about the interview with Paris Hilton after she got out of jail. Barbara clearly indicated they do not pay for interviews.

Speaking of ABC. I am keeping an eye on Good Morning America this morning. I am betting there will be a run-up to it on.

OT/Morning all :)

You are correct, 20/20 does not pay for interviews. Barbara Walters spoke about this many, many times on the View, especially when ABC was hit hard about the interview with Paris Hilton after she got out of jail. Barbara clearly indicated they do not pay for interviews.

They don't pay for interviews. They broker and pay for exclusive rights to photographs and home video, that they run along with the interview.

I just saw some of the 20/20 tidbits on GMA. They had several home videos and pictures I have never seen.

Also Elizabeth Vargas?? stated something about a production company in Tennessee paid the bond in exchange for the exclusive rights to Casey's story.

Unreal. Casey's story? She isn't talking.

Her "story" is one giant lie.

This baby is missing, presumed dead and they are making money off her.

It makes me sick to my stomach.

Thank you. It would be a major ethical violation.

News outlets may pay for rights to photos and/or videos, but that is not done by the journalists themselves.

There are seedier publications that I'm sure pay occasionally, but they are not respected, not revered and laughed off (not only in the media industry but by people in general).

Having rights to images is a major issue. Images are intellectual property. Any photographers or journalists who work for news outlets give their permission at the date of hire for the outlet to have rights.

There are many different types of rights that can be bought. They do not have to be exclusive. There are laws about the rights to intellectual property.

Sorry, I won't be watching that. I hope that all the money they pay for this interview is wasted if nobody watches. I know that won't happen, but I have no interest in funding Casey's release on bond, by watching Cindy throw out more BS.

I second that! I will not watch or read anything about this case unless it is on this website or NG or Greta.

Ditto, with the exception of the commercials as I want to be sure I know who bought spots for this show

Thank you. It would be a major ethical violation.

News outlets may pay for rights to photos and/or videos, but that is not done by the journalists themselves.

There are seedier publications that I'm sure pay occasionally, but they are not respected, not revered and laughed off (not only in the media industry but by people in general).

Having rights to images is a major issue. Images are intellectual property. Any photographers or journalists who work for news outlets give their permission at the date of hire for the outlet to have rights.

There are many different types of rights that can be bought. They do not have to be exclusive. There are laws about the rights to intellectual property.

No one complained when Greta got "exclusive" interview to go to the Anthony home, walk around the backyard, inside the Anthony home, touch things, sit at the kitchen table etc., etc., but freak out because ABC has an interview or photos etc. Exactly what is the difference here between 20/20 and Greta OTR?

Sure makes me wonder!

I just saw some of the 20/20 tidbits on GMA. They had several home videos and pictures I have never seen.

Also Elizabeth Vargas?? stated something about a production company in Tennessee paid the bond in exchange for the exclusive rights to Casey's story.

That is correct, and the phone number to that production studio matches the phone number on Jose Baez's press release yesterday, and he arranged the 20/20 Interview. Draw your own conclusions

They don't pay for interviews. They broker and pay for exclusive rights to photographs and home video, that they run along with the interview.

Every news station pays for rights to show photos and videos, including Greta and Nancy Grace.

No one complained when Greta got "exclusive" rights to go to the Anthony home, walk around the backyard, inside the Anthony home, touch things, sit at the kitchen table etc., etc., but freak out because ABC has an interview or photos etc. Exactly what is the difference here between 20/20 and Greta OTR?

Sure makes me wonder!

Patty, Greta had an exclusive interview, not exclusive rights, there is a huge difference. If 20/20 has no ties to the production company, I have no beef, but I really am finding reasons to believe there are; at least indirectly.

ETA: yes, agreed they all pay for image rights, that is not what I am referring to.

Well sounds like LP is right on with this....he said this last night on NG and the goofy reporter outside the jail said LP was way off. LP may be rough around the edges but I think he has been in this business long enough to put 2 and 2 together.

Patty, Greta had an exclusive interview, not exclusive rights, there is a huge difference. If 20/20 has no ties to the production company, I have no beef, but I really am finding reasons to believe there are; at least indirectly.

ETA: yes, agreed they all pay for image rights, that is not what I am referring to.

Yup, I know about the exclusive interview versus exclusive rights. I have faith we will all get to the truth regarding 20/20.

Did you see this?
http://callcenterinfo.tmcnet.com/new...04/3634209.htm

Casey Anthony, mother of missing toddler Caylee Marie Anthony, will be released from jail for a second time Friday after her parents made new arrangements for her half-million-dollar bail on a child-neglect charge.

Bond documents show that George and Cynthia "Cindy" Anthony put up the collateral to obtain their daughter's freedom.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste
Back