Don't miss ! ~ 20/20~ 9/05/08~caylee anthony case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
On the comments section of the link in the original post about the story being on 20/20, this guy has posted twice that he feels he has seen Caylee:

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/comments?type=user&loginCode={D1D8AE48-CE89-4FD6-8F21-08DD75CE000B}

In Response To:
Report: Chloroform in Casey Anthony's Car
It might be irrevelent but a few weeks ago a child resembling Caylee came into the store I work in with a woman. I have never seen either of them before or since. I called the local police department and gave some information but the policeman never sent anyone to get a statement. I told another officer the same thing and he seemed to dismiss my information as well. Can someone contact me? I can be reached at 828-754-3221 after 10am today. As I said it may not be related but I want to at least tell what I saw. Thank you. NR
Posted 8:55 AMMark As Violation In Response To:
Casey Anthony to Be Released From Jail
A few weeks ago a woman with a child resembling Caylee came into my store. I had never seen the woman before or the little girl. I called the local police department and gave someone the information I had about the woman, child and the car they were in. The policeman said he would send someone over to get more details, but never showed up. IF THERE IS SOMEONE I CAN TELL THIS TO, PLEASE CALL ME. It might not be related at all but i have to say something. I can be reached at 828-754-3221 after 10am today.
Posted 8:48 AMMark As Violation

No clue where he is, but someone should call him and give him the OCSD's tipline!!

The police are not looking because they know for a fact she is dead and dead people do not walk into stores.

what production company?

do you mean a public relations firm?

p.r. firms send out press releases, have spokespeople, try to represent people/companies/etc. in a certain way.

even cub reporters know what p.r. firms do.

if 20/20 or any major news network had ties to any sort of p.r. firm, it would be huge news. huge. the other networks would bury them. there would be talk for years about it. years.

it would be a major ethical violation.

Awake, thanks but I have a 15 year PR background, including production, ads and the like, I actually have my own firm which is solely based on the Real Estate Market. (uh, yes, why Blink has so much time on her hands.)
That being said, there are 100 ways to skin the "we dont pay for interviews" cat- even if it's only a dotted line. I can tell you that my contacts at the majors have 100% of the fact checking research staff burning up all avenues to drill it down, we shall see.

what production company?

do you mean a public relations firm?

p.r. firms send out press releases, have spokespeople, try to represent people/companies/etc. in a certain way.

even cub reporters know what p.r. firms do.

if 20/20 or any major news network had ties to any sort of p.r. firm, it would be huge news. huge. the other networks would bury them. there would be talk for years about it. years.

it would be a major ethical violation.

Awake, thanks but I have a 15 year PR background, including production, ads and the like, I actually have my own firm which is solely based on the Real Estate Market. (uh, yes, why Blink has so much time on her hands.)
That being said, there are 100 ways to skin the "we dont pay for interviews" cat- even if it's only a dotted line. I can tell you that my contacts at the majors have 100% of the fact checking research staff burning up all avenues to drill it down, we shall see.

I am surprised, given your profession that you believe that they pay for interviews.

Of course, they pay for exclusive rights to images And, sure, some of them take huge advantage of that.

I'm a member of the media, and I can tell you without a doubt, the overwhelming majority of journalists (writers, editors, researchers) would never consider paying for an interview (even in the roundabout way). Most of the journalists I have encountered are extremely dedicated and principled. They take ethics incredibly seriously.

I am surprised, given your profession that you believe that they pay for interviews.

Of course, they pay for exclusive rights to images And, sure, some of them take huge advantage of that.

I'm a member of the media, and I can tell you without a doubt, the overwhelming majority of journalists (writers, editors, researchers) would never consider paying for an interview (even in the roundabout way). Most of the journalists I have encountered are extremely dedicated and principled. They take ethics incredibly seriously.

Judith Regan.
I agree completely that the bulk of journalists (excluding Geraldo) do not pay for interviews. I agree most journalists take ethics incredibly seriously and I have never and will never make an allegation to the contrary without concrete proof of course. I am saying IF there can be a proven link between the show, the production company, and/or the ad placement firm, and/or JB or the Anthony's it should be disclosed, and I am confident that it will be. I will go out on a limb here and guarantee there is a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement between JB and the BailBonds companies used.

What would your opinion be if there were a link as you are a member of this community?

Judith Regan.
I agree completely that the bulk of journalists (excluding Geraldo) do not pay for interviews. I agree most journalists take ethics incredibly seriously and I have never and will never make an allegation to the contrary without concrete proof of course. I am saying IF there can be a proven link between the show, the production company, and/or the ad placement firm, and/or JB or the Anthony's it should be disclosed, and I am confident that it will be. I will go out on a limb here and guarantee there is a confidentiality and non-disclosure agreement between JB and the BailBonds companies used.

What would your opinion be if there were a link as you are a member of this community?

Ugh. Judith Regan.

If I were an editor at the Sentinel, I'd have the reporters on it the minute it was questioned.

If I were reporting on this story, my top priority for today would be finding the story behind the bond. It could be a crucial part in this case.

If my research showed there was a connection to a media outlet, I'd be running to my editor, screaming for her to rip apart the front page and for her to contact the AP for immediate release on the wire.

IF that were the case ... well, I think the GOP would be pretty peeved they got bumped from top story in the U.S. press so soon after the convention.

It would be explosive.

If the licensing fee for the broadcast rights to the Anthony family videos and photos is so high that it enabled the family to post bond for their daughter, is there an ethics violation?

Could the network be accused of 'creating' news by manipulating events in response to a (hypothetical) demand by the Anthonys for a licensing fee sufficient to bond their daughter?

This isn't Paris Hilton or Monica Lewinsky - in those cases, paying for information would not have materially changed the situation about which the interviews were wanted in the first place.

But there would be a direct, material effect on the direction the Caylee story takes if it is influenced by funds supplied by a network charged with independently reporting on that story.

ETA: Which could (mind you, could) point to the reasoning behind why an unsophisticated no-name PR firm in out of the mainstream Nashville has inexplicably become involved with a client way above its pay grade. If you know what I mean.

Personally I don't think the Anthony's got this money from ABC or the 20/20 show. They may have gotten some money for their pictures and video but nothing in the half million range. I think they are getting this money for another deal. books and movies. they probably have some agent making a deal or having made a deal for the highest $$ amount and someone sympathetic to them. I don't think 20/20 is paying out that kind of money. The deal lies elsewhere but it may be ABC related.

all I gotta say is...something is rotten in the state of Denmark!

I can't stand 20/20 on a good day. I won't be watching. Well, I might if they also give significant air time to Tim Miller and Equusearch. But i highly doubt that will happen.

If the licensing fee for the broadcast rights to the Anthony family videos and photos is so high that it enabled the family to post bond for their daughter, is there an ethics violation?

Could the network be accused of 'creating' news by manipulating events in response to a (hypothetical) demand by the Anthonys for a licensing fee sufficient to bond their daughter?

This isn't Paris Hilton or Monica Lewinsky - in those cases, paying for information would not have materially changed the situation about which the interviews were wanted in the first place.

But there would be a direct, material effect on the direction the Caylee story takes if it is influenced by funds supplied by a network charged with independently reporting on that story.

ETA: Which could (mind you, could) point to the reasoning behind why an unsophisticated no-name PR firm in out of the mainstream Nashville has inexplicably become involved with a client way above its pay grade. If you know what I mean.

This is the Best Opinion from an industry professional I have seen and I applaud it:clap::clap::clap:

Emphasis on the "Materially changed the situation" part- that will come up again for sure.

Ugh. Judith Regan.

If I were an editor at the Sentinel, I'd have the reporters on it the minute it was questioned.

If I were reporting on this story, my top priority for today would be finding the story behind the bond. It could be a crucial part in this case.

If my research showed there was a connection to a media outlet, I'd be running to my editor, screaming for her to rip apart the front page and for her to contact the AP for immediate release on the wire.

IF that were the case ... well, I think the GOP would be pretty peeved they got bumped from top story in the U.S. press so soon after the convention.

It would be explosive.

And you would be right, that is what I am saying, everyone's on it because it smells like my freshman dorm... "Off" for a reason, and not really so sure you want to know the source...

What we are seeing is a carefully orchestrated means of collecting the money to free Casey-they had their "consultation" with their high profile attorney, at which in fact they hired him and used him to vet the offer from the production company that led to the Anthony's ability to put up the non refundable collateral for her bond.

They can claim they are using the media and public interest in the case to get Casey out of jail-but the fact of the matter is that they could have taken the money offer and used it to fund the search for their grandchild-they could pay Tim.

I think that this is unbearably sad and I will sit back and watch it unravel beneath them...

Just checked the online TV Guide, it says there will be an interview with Caylee's mother.
Sorry if this has been posted.

Every news station pays for rights to show photos and videos, including Greta and Nancy Grace.

Patty G, with all due respect, I find it disgusting the A's have sold pics/videos of Caylee and make money off of her. We are in a SAD society:(
The money wont go for anything good, just probably for that high profile attorney the A's suddenly can afford:confused:
It wont go for helping Tim and the hardworking searchers, will it?
Dont they care that Caylee doesnt even have a decent burial and she is out there somewhere? DUE TO NEGLIGENCE OF 'MOM' KC.

Does anyone think this is the reason KC deleted 100 photos of Caylee off of her public site? So maybe she could SELL them?
I just hope anyone who interviews them will ask some HARD questions and not sugar coat it into: see what a loving family they were? And...I doubt if KC will talk, her attorney will tell her not to so this isnt going to reveal anything "new"/ just same old speel by the A's..

Guys, let's remember, we have no evidence whatsoever that ABC paid anything. If I had to guess I would say no they did not.

20/20 has a reputation to keep and it is considered unethical for a news outlet to "pay" for an interview. Now, I know some do pay all the time but I just don't think 20/20 would stoop that low...yet.

Tricia, they don't pay for interviews I agree. However, they will pay for other things like hotels, flights, living expenses, etc. it's their way of getting around the ethics issue. I found this out by working with a crime author about a year back.

http://abcnews.go.com/TheLaw/comments?type=story&id=5729120

Go here to voice your opinion regarding 20/20 paying the Anthony family!!!!!!!!!!
We don't have a clear picture of the money trail yet.

We don't know what, if anything, ABC has paid - it might be a couple hundred thousand in licensing fees.

The important question is where AIM Management, a 2-person no-name company in Nashville, got the money to make the offer to the Anthony family, if indeed it has.

Did it get the cash indirectly from ABC, or from another party?

We need someone like Roger Friedman at Fox, or a reporter experienced at financial investigative reporting to start digging.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse
Back