Don't miss ! ~ 20/20~ 9/05/08~caylee anthony case

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yeah, this is probably off topic too, but I have been thinking something similar. You can buy lie detectors for your phones. They offer devices for your phones and such that will measure the stress in someone's voice. I have been wondering why I haven't read on ANYTHING about this connected to her. I mean, Joe Schmoe can purchase one of these devices and they are pretty accurate. Everyone has been wanting to hook her up to a lie detector, but you can have her voice bounce off this machine. Then you might be able to get some results. It would be interesting, IMO. Although, she is a seasoned liar, so it might not work for her.

Interesting. I wonder if this may have also been a reason why Casey stopped talking on the phone? Hmmm.

I will be recording it for sure.

As a newbie I hope I did the quote thing right. But also wanted to say thank you Patty. I always watch your videos. I love your insight on things as well.

Tonight, when Casey does her interview on 20/20, I wonder if she will
be reading from her 30 day script?
:smiley4:

Tonight, when Casey does her interview on 20/20, I wonder if she will
be reading from her 30 day script?
:smiley4:

I bet she will be practicing it in advance.. Gotta get all the right lies down pat.

We don't have a clear picture of the money trail yet.

We don't know what, if anything, ABC has paid - it might be a couple hundred thousand in licensing fees.

The important question is where AIM Management, a 2-person no-name company in Nashville, got the money to make the offer to the Anthony family, if indeed it has.

Did it get the cash indirectly from ABC, or from another party?

We need someone like Roger Friedman at Fox, or a reporter experienced at financial investigative reporting to start digging.

Discovery's ID television channel is reporting on their blog:

As an FYI, a source close to the investigation has told me that ABC News 20/20 has offered the Anthony family one million dollars for an exclusive interview. The same source claims that AIM Productions from Nashville has also offered the family one million for book and movie rights.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/09/caylee-anthon-1.html

You can buy lie detectors for your phones ... that will measure the stress in someone's voice....and they are pretty accurate.

Accurate? Accurate for what? Measuring stress? Finding lies? Reading minds?

When I was eight years old, I mailed away for a pair of those X-Ray vision glasses from an ad on the back cover of a comic book.

Nancy Grace and Greta and Geraldo and everyone else that supposedly doesn't give the Anthony's money for access to them (did they make donations to the search prior to TES?) are all making money from this. This has been the subject of 1000's of newspaper articles equalling millions of hits to their websites. They make in commercial revenue, they make it when we all run to their website to get the downloads, and those ratings and those hits are why 20/20 felt this was worth a million dollars (IF they did). I don't think you can carve out part of the press and say they do it altruistically and to bring justice to Caylee and them completely blast another. I have assumed they had a book and movie deal since Baez/Garrison/Padilla showed up on the scene, they probably did in some manner to pay Baez, this is probably an additional deal.

Accurate? Accurate for what? Measuring stress? Finding lies? Reading minds?

When I was eight years old, I mailed away for a pair of those X-Ray vision glasses from an ad on the back cover of a comic book.
I always wanted to do that. Did they work?
66j3bl.jpg

Discovery's ID television channel is reporting on their blog:

As an FYI, a source close to the investigation has told me that ABC News 20/20 has offered the Anthony family one million dollars for an exclusive interview. The same source claims that AIM Productions from Nashville has also offered the family one million for book and movie rights.
http://blogs.discovery.com/criminal_report/2008/09/caylee-anthon-1.html

This isn't proof, it's a blog post relaying what is still a rumor. We need verification that it's accurate.

Nancy Grace and Greta and Geraldo and everyone else that supposedly doesn't give the Anthony's money for access to them (did they make donations to the search prior to TES?) are all making money from this. This has been the subject of 1000's of newspaper articles equalling millions of hits to their websites. They make in commercial revenue, they make it when we all run to their website to get the downloads, and those ratings and those hits are why 20/20 felt this was worth a million dollars (IF they did). I don't think you can carve out part of the press and say they do it altruistically and to bring justice to Caylee and them completely blast another. I have assumed they had a book and movie deal since Baez/Garrison/Padilla showed up on the scene, they probably did in some manner to pay Baez, this is probably an additional deal.

High profile cases, like OJ and Scott Peterson all get the same airplay. This is apart of the machine. 20/20 will representing Cindy's point of view.
In turn, Cindy will get paid.

Sure they all benefit in the form of higher ratings and bigger ad fees. That's how commercial TV works - the alternative is PBS and those painful pledge drives.

But for the subject of a news story to benefit by getting paid by a supposedly independent news source which then reports on the story it created by dint of its own financial involvement would appear to be a clear violation of the broadcast standards it agreed to uphold when it was given access to the public airwaves.

Think it is really sad that two threads have been set up basically advising posters to send complaints to 20/20 for paying for an interview when we have no VERIFICATION at all this is the case. Have never seen WS posters jump on a rumor like this before - very sad!

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to put 2+2 together here. Someone paid the Anthony's for something.
Fact 1. They had no money to bail her out the first time and this is why LP was asked to become involved.
Fact 2. In the public hearing for the first bond the prosecution brought out the fact that they had debt problems and were facing, at one time, foreclosure. Public records in Orange county back this up.

Soooooooooo someone came up with money. I don't know for sure who that was, but I believe they were paid for something. What other logical explanation for there sudden ability to bail their daughter out of jail??

I refuse to watch the show. That is my right as a citizen. I also am entitled to my belief that they may have paid for the interview.

Nuff Said!!

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to put 2+2 together here. Someone paid the Anthony's for something.
Fact 1. They had no money to bail her out the first time and this is why LP was asked to become involved.
Fact 2. In the public hearing for the first bond the prosecution brought out the fact that they had debt problems and were facing, at one time, foreclosure. Public records in Orange county back this up.

Soooooooooo someone came up with money. I don't know for sure who that was, but I believe they were paid for something. What other logical explanation for there sudden ability to bail their daughter out of jail??

I refuse to watch the show. That is my right as a citizen. I also am entitled to my belief that they may have paid for the interview.

Nuff Said!!

You have to watch the show - it's your Websleuths duty. If you have Tivo or a DVR, you can zip through the commercials in protest (or something).

However, it behooves us to continue pressing to find the actual source of the funds. We don't want to be giving the real 'benefactor' a free pass, if it turns out to be someone/something other than ABC News.

That said, I'm glad so many people have emailed ABC about this - if it is them, there's no hiding.

Patty G, with all due respect, I find it disgusting the A's have sold pics/videos of Caylee and make money off of her. We are in a SAD society:(
The money wont go for anything good, just probably for that high profile attorney the A's suddenly can afford:confused:
It wont go for helping Tim and the hardworking searchers, will it?
Dont they care that Caylee doesnt even have a decent burial and she is out there somewhere? DUE TO NEGLIGENCE OF 'MOM' KC.

Does anyone think this is the reason KC deleted 100 photos of Caylee off of her public site? So maybe she could SELL them?
I just hope anyone who interviews them will ask some HARD questions and not sugar coat it into: see what a loving family they were? And...I doubt if KC will talk, her attorney will tell her not to so this isnt going to reveal anything "new"/ just same old speel by the A's..
I think the media production company they are hooked up with got them the 20/20 gig and the money is to help post the bond imo at least the Anthony's portion of the bond

You have to watch the show - it's your Websleuths duty. If you have Tivo or a DVR, you can zip through the commercials in protest (or something).

However, it behooves us to continue pressing to find the actual source of the funds. We don't want to be giving the real 'benefactor' a free pass, if it turns out to be someone/something other than ABC News.

That said, I'm glad so many people have emailed ABC about this - if it is them, there's no hiding.
No DB, I don't have to watch the show.

I have already contacted them with my opinions and I noticed that hundreds of others have done the same.

Someone has already contacted the writer of the blog to ask how solid his source is so we'll wait to hear back from her. I have a hard time when people say 'sources say' because we have no idea who that source is. If it was a solid confirmation of the facts, they would name the source. This source could simply be someone from here who heard TP talking last night and he couldn't even confirm it last night. Rumors and sources seem to go hand in hand more often than not. So before anyone goes bashing the sponsors and the show itself, wait to hear what the actual facts are.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neejo
Back