Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was startling to hear Burke say he went downstairs to play with a new toy and everyone else was in bed asleep. Let's assume he was telling the truth. That means JonBenet was either asleep upstairs in her bedroom or had already been killed and was in the basement.

So, did he stay in his bedroom and pretend to be asleep until everyone else went to sleep?

If he was downstairs and JonBenet was upstairs, it suggests JonBenet's bedroom was the scene of whatever it was that happened (assuming Burke's statements are fully truthful).

If JonBenet came downstairs with Burke then why did Burke mention coming downstairs at all? Why not keep his mouth shut?

If, as he said, he theoretically could have heard someone hitting his sister with a ball bat or flashlight, then theoretically he could have heard something going on upstairs or downstairs while he made his midnight play-run.

Just spit-balling here as SuperDave used to say. There's so much going on with JonBenet's story that it's impossible for me to keep up. :rollercoaster:

I didn't know this thread existed. I've been posting my thoughts on the other BR thread. But I think I'll copy/paste one of my more recent ones here....(And I'll have to read through this whole thread later when I get time.)

I wish the camera never left Burke's face during the DP interview.

Obviously most of the time he just seems to have the same expression plastered on his face. But once in a while, you can almost seen a hint of a genuine expression.

Around the 35 minute mark, Dr. Phil says "The observations that were leaked to the press was that it was unusual that you felt safe, that you felt little warmth toward the family..." etc. After the "little warmth" part, for a split second, Burke has a weird expression. He raises his eyebrows a bit and almost looks annoyed. I don't know if it's significant at all. But I found it interesting because it wasn't the same look he'd had throughout.

Anyone else notice that with some of the more serious questions - "Did you sexually abuse your sister?" and whatnot...he doesn't just say "no." He says, "absolutely not." I noticed "absolutely" said a lot.

AmyPond,
Anyone else notice that with some of the more serious questions - "Did you sexually abuse your sister?" and whatnot...he doesn't just say "no." He says, "absolutely not." I noticed "absolutely" said a lot.
That's what I saw, he was quite emphatic with the denial, no maybe, or could have, this is in contrast to his smiley persona which I think is for the camera, i.e. he has had some media coaching.

I reckon he knows nothing can happen to any of the Ramsey's, so he is just going along with the interview, which looked like its was heavily edited, some intros and side-shots of BR are out of sync then up pops JR or some nutty ad!

You would never expect BR to admit, as alleged by LHP, Oh yeah I played Doctors with JonBenet all the time or Sure we had a pineapple snack, he's gonna say Absolutely not as coached.

All right! I've got a heck of a lot to say about these interviews, but I'm gonna just write a few sentences here lol. I could ramble on for hours, but nobody wants to hear all that.

The 2nd episode was much more riveting and revealing than the 1st. IMO Burke's face was VERY telling when Dr. Phil brought up that Burke seemed to be hiding information when being interviewed as a kid. His eyes just looked like "oh crap, I'm screwed" to me. The second part that stood out to me this second episode, was when Dr. Phil asked Burke "Did you hit Jonbenet on the head with a baseball bat?" He said no, and I believe him; he seemed to be telling the truth. Then Dr. Phil asked "Did you hit Jonbenet on the head with a flashlight the night she died?" (or something to that effect. Forgive me, awful memory here lol) and Burke just seemed to go frozen and limp, etc. I have always believed the flashlight was the murder weapon (flashlight was wiped down, batteries were wiped down, there was a flashlight-shaped hole in her head), and his reaction to the flashlight question, gave me CHILLS.

Also, I am NOT a fan of John. He's spewing garbage and lies in all of his interviews. His ones on Dr. Phil are just as full of lies and garbage as ever. And I definitely believe he molested Jonbenet and Burke.

BBM I saw that too. It got me thinking, especially when he said that someone "took a knife and went" (bashing motion and sound effect). I've been reading about a swiss army knife that wasn't supposed to be in the basement but apparently nothing came of that. I'm still keeping it in mind, though.

It was startling to hear Burke say he went downstairs to play with a new toy and everyone else was in bed asleep. Let's assume he was telling the truth. That means JonBenet was either asleep upstairs in her bedroom or had already been killed and was in the basement.

So, did he stay in his bedroom and pretend to be asleep until everyone else went to sleep?

If he was downstairs and JonBenet was upstairs, it suggests JonBenet's bedroom was the scene of whatever it was that happened (assuming Burke's statements are fully truthful).

If JonBenet came downstairs with Burke then why did Burke mention coming downstairs at all? Why not keep his mouth shut?

If, as he said, he theoretically could have heard someone hitting his sister with a ball bat or flashlight, then theoretically he could have heard something going on upstairs or downstairs while he made his midnight play-run.

Just spit-balling here as SuperDave used to say. There's so much going on with JonBenet's story that it's impossible for me to keep up. :rollercoaster:

BOESP,
It was like the BPD interviews. BR tells us he sneaked downstairs after everyone had gone to bed, and Dr Phil lets it slide by him. I reckon Burke said that because he knows LEA know something links him to the basement that night.

Also for all you doubters out there if the size-12 touch-dna related to the mythical hispanic is good enough then so is BR's touch-dna found on the Pink Barbie Nightgown.

JR blow it when he described his low weight son being unable to whack JonBenet, I just thought about the Baseball Bat, and said really!

For me the Dr Phil interviews have put BR firmly in the frame, there is no smoking gun, but there much more confirmed circumstantial evidence, direct from BR's mouth, e.g. did you eat pineapple that night: Maybe, with a big smile too.

Dr Phil is live on fb talking about the shows/answering questions!!

I don't think it was an "open house" Christmas party that year. I understood it was a Christmas party for some close friends. They did have an open house Christmas Home Tour I think in 1994 but not in 1996.
I see. Thank you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

The most I caught was Dr. Phil saying that this was strictly a DNA case and that apparently there were two samples of DNA found - one two weeks after JBR's murder and another one later known as the "Touch DNA."

Anyone want to weigh in on this? I thought the only foreign DNA found was the Touch DNA. I am no expert on this case and am still trying to piece this all together.

I feel like everything that happened comes into crystal clear focus if BR killed JBR that night. It just makes sense. He is and was special needs, he was jealous of his sister, he had exhibited violence toward her before. J and P covering it up, while wrong, does make sense when looking through the panicked, exhausted eyes of two parents who have already lost one child. They made a poor judgement call - but the situation was dire.
However - the one piece that does NOT fit this scenario is the garrotte. It just doesn't and never will for me. No parent, with the intelligence and resources of the R's are going to fashion a sadistic torture tool and administer it to their dead daughter's body. I just don't buy that.
It would have made more sense to tamper with a shelf and make it look like something fell on her if they wanted to make it look accidental.
The garrotte does not fit BDI, JDI, or PDI. Only IDI.

Thoughts?

Am I crazy?! Did DP actually say that JR put Burke to bed using a flashlight?! And did Burke say he was downstairs after everyone was in bed?!

Please tell me someone else heard that!

Why did he need the flashlight? Jon Benet's door was closed per Patsy. Burke's room was through a playroom, and it would've been easy to turn the light on in there on the way to Burke's room. This is very, very suspicious to me.

Another thing: John stated he carried Jon Benet to bed. He also stated he helped Burke with "the model" AFTER they got home from the party. I believe elsewhere it was stated that both kids went to bed. Does anyone here have an idea of what happened?

I think he has issues to begin with, autism, maybe?

I also think he has blocked it out, but witnessed what happened to his sister. That would make any condition worse. I think he really doesn't remember.

I think he was then kept in seclusion as the parents attempted to protect him.

And he has no idea how to be normal.

I feel like everything that happened comes into crystal clear focus if BR killed JBR that night. It just makes sense. He is and was special needs, he was jealous of his sister, he had exhibited violence toward her before. J and P covering it up, while wrong, does make sense when looking through the panicked, exhausted eyes of two parents who have already lost one child. They made a poor judgement call - but the situation was dire.
However - the one piece that does NOT fit this scenario is the garrotte. It just doesn't and never will for me. No parent, with the intelligence and resources of the R's are going to fashion a sadistic torture tool and administer it to their dead daughter's body. I just don't buy that.
It would have made more sense to tamper with a shelf and make it look like something fell on her if they wanted to make it look accidental.
The garrotte does not fit BDI, JDI, or PDI. Only IDI.

Thoughts?

I'm leaning toward BDI, garrote, ransom note, and all. I just got done posting in the BDI thread about a study I found where ligature strangulation is found in juveniles as well as adult offenders. I didn't want to believe BR could be capable of that... but apparently it's not as uncommon as people might assume.

Why did he need the flashlight? Jon Benet's door was closed per Patsy. Burke's room was through a playroom, and it would've been easy to turn the light on in there on the way to Burke's room. This is very, very suspicious to me.

Another thing: John stated he carried Jon Benet to bed. He also stated he helped Burke with "the model" AFTER they got home from the party. I believe elsewhere it was stated that both kids went to bed. Does anyone here have an idea of what happened?

Coco'sMommy,
JR allegedly carried JonBenet to bed and took of her shoes then Patsy dressed JonBenet for bed. JR helped Burke make up toy kit he had down in the basement, i.e. the train-room.

Note BR stated he snuck down to the basement once everyone was in bed! There are variations on this version of events but nothing too major.

Does anyone know what happened to JB's original underwear?

Not only did BR admit to sneaking downstairs after everyone went to bed, but he used a flashlight.

JR tucked his kids into bed with a flashlight.

A flashlight was found in the kitchen that was wiped clean...including the batteries. Nearby was the pineapple bowl.

The flashlight is now a significant piece of the puzzle which lead to JB's death.

I have watched Part 1 of the IDI twice and the BR interviews with Dr. Phil. I now have a few points and/or questions that I know you all can help me with. I have also looked these up and either found no info or conflicting.

1) Did anyone notice that JR was coaching his wife during the interview a week after the murder? I think it was with CNN (not sure). She was saying that you need to keep your babies safe . She paused during this due to emotional distress and JR filled in the words for her under his breath and his mouth moved with hers as she uttered the remainder of the sentence.

2) During IDI, Judith Phillips stated that Patsy was a really good mom to JR. No mention of BR. It may have been edited out...idk

3) No fingerprints on the RN except for the examiner. How the heck did either of them read the note without touching it? Even to turn to the next page?

4) It was said that JR was so anxious that Detective A. told him to search the house. I thought he was under control and very cordial

5) Has Fleet and Priscilla White's police statements ever been released? I have heard and read many items in which there are conflicting stories about the argument between them and the Ramsey's

6) The garrote - They had a boat and I am sure that JR taught BR to tie different knots on the boat, or even at home. The garrote may have been a practice one - Boy Scouts using certain knots or learning them to help out with the boat

7) Did the Ramsey's ever admit that the pen and paper for the RN came from their home? I have seen conflicting stories

8) On the IDI, handwriting expert said that as the note progressed, the writing became more fluid, I guess in regards to the letter formation. To me, it seems as if it becomes more frenetic, in that the writing sloped below the lines, etc.

9) Conflicting stories of sexual abuse of JBR. Some say chronic abuse and some say none. I am confused on that one.

Thanks all!

Dr Phil is live on fb talking about the shows/answering questions!!

It's very obvious that DP has L Wood as his attorney (like the Ramseys). He said basically the same things that Wood has said over the years. Don't bother watching it if you've followed the case any length of time.

It's very obvious that DP has L Wood as his attorney (like the Ramseys). He said basically the same things that Wood has said over the years. Don't bother watching it if you've followed the case any length of time.

The ironic thing is, I started watching this interview with little to no knowledge of the case, and not having any reason to believe that the Ramseys had any part in it at all.

Now I'm finding myself reading about the case and starting to form opinions about it. I'm not sure if this interview was a good idea. It feels like Dr. Phil is trying to do damage control or something. I don't know. I don't know why BR would do an interview at all, and I'd like to know whose bright idea it was to do this. Not smart at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GinTonic