Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the interview with DP. BR's constant smiling is rather odd IMO. Don't really know if that is always his natural demeanor or not? Thought i was watching a "This Is Your Life" BR episode or something.
Does DP seek out these interviews or do people being interviewed seek DP out? It is odd to me that after such a very long time BR would be on a DP show IMO. What is the point?

I'm leaning toward BDI, garrote, ransom note, and all. I just got done posting in the BDI thread about a study I found where ligature strangulation is found in juveniles as well as adult offenders. I didn't want to believe BR could be capable of that... but apparently it's not as uncommon as people might assume.

Really? Even the fancy knots and all? Do you think that he had been abusing or "playing doctor" with JBR for quite some time?

Any chance of BR having a quiet, normal life are shot to hell with this interview. Why would anyone do that to themselves??

Watched the interview with DP. BR's constant smiling is rather odd IMO. Don't really know if that is always his natural demeanor or not? Thought i was watching a "This Is Your Life" BR episode or something.
Does DP seek out these interviews or do people being interviewed seek DP out? It is odd to me that after such a very long time BR would be on a DP show IMO. What is the point?
All I can imagine is for the money. He did get paid for interview. I believe DP sought him out IIRC.
DP knew that it was going to backfire on the Ramsey's.
All he had to do was ask questions and the audience and viewers would get their answers. IMHO
I lol'ed at yur first few sentences " this is your life!" :laughing:

BBM

Interesting that you would use the word "sneaky". Last night, after watching the DP interview, I reviewed some very old notes of mine on the case, reviewed some floor plans of the house and re-read some of the Ramsey's deposition statements. As I often do after reviewing the facts of a case, I finished by doing some free-flow writing on what I've reviewed. Here's what I wrote:

Evidence of sneaky behavior by Burke

1. Waiting for everyone to be in bed, then sneaking downstairs to play with toy.
2. Unwrapping presents in the wine cellar.
3. Sneaking downstairs to make a late night snack (pineapple, tea), which he says his parents didn't allow.
4. Pretending to be asleep when parents and police officer entered his bedroom.
5. Being sneaky with a neighborhood boy, either while showing each other "their works" or doing more than that (age 7)
6. (If factual) Burke and Jonbenet getting caught playing doctor.
7. (assuming Burke did this) Smearing feces on a box of chocolates in Jonbenet's room.
( I also went on to write about some of the answers and behavior during the DP interview that struck me as sneaky. For instance, when asked if he and JB had eaten pineapple together that day, he replied, "maybe?" , smiling in a way that I found coy and...well...sneaky.)

As to the second part of your post that I bolded: to the best of my recollection, Burke never stated that he took the flashlight downstairs when he snuck down there to play with the toy. DP said that John lead Burke to bed that night by flashlight. Burke didn't disagree with this statement, he simply went on to say that he snuck downstairs after everyone was in bed. So did he sneak down there using the flashlight? My guess is that he did, but I don't think anyone can state that as a fact. JMO

One thing this does prove is that Patsy did, in fact, go to bed.

Really? Even the fancy knots and all? Do you think that he had been abusing or "playing doctor" with JBR for quite some time?

Any chance of BR having a quiet, normal life are shot to hell with this interview. Why would anyone do that to themselves??

I'm reading on some web pages that the knots were simple and boy scout stuff, but I've read elsewhere that BR could have learned the knots because his parents owned a boat. It's within the realm of possibility BR knew how to do the knots. Maybe (hopefully) the last interview with Dr Phil will ask him directly.

I agree, BR doing this interview was a very bad idea. I went from not knowing or thinking very much about this case to starting to form opinions about it (mostly) because the media was in a frenzy about Burke giving Dr Phil an interview. I'm sure I'm not the only one who went from being blissfully neutral to giving BR the stink eye through their television set. If this was his idea, it was a very bad idea. If someone talked him into it, I would asking why they did.

Am I crazy?! Did DP actually say that JR put Burke to bed using a flashlight?! And did Burke say he was downstairs after everyone was in bed?!

Please tell me someone else heard that!

I heard that too! I was thinking who in world would use a flashlight in their own home unless their power was out. So weird! Didn't neighbors report seeing moving lights in the house?

<modsnip>I don't know too many 9 year olds that know many of the words and who write that neat and who can put thoughts together like in the letter.

I can't comprehend any of the family members killing her. There was DNA under her fingers that doesn't match the family.

The most baffling part is the ransom letter for sure. Who in their right mind would take 20 minutes to write it after breaking in to the house? Nobody, unless they were completely insane and had no fear of being caught. I suppose they could have written in advance but the paper was torn out of a spiral notebook from the house correct?

This might be one of those cases that never gets resolved. I think it was an intruder who had been in the house before and knew his way around. They also must have known the exact bonus the dad received too

This sort of reminds me of Elizabeth Smart, who was abducted from her bedroom and was found months later.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

Yes. The ransom delivery was supposed to be the opportunity to remove the body. In fact the original plan may have been to not call the police and have John to carry her body in the attache case under the pretense of going to get the money. John could then call from a pay phone and that pay phone call would be the ransom call mentioned in the ransom note. The delivery instructions could be imagined to be to leave the money in a secure location and then Jon would go to another location to bury JB in a secure location. It would then be that the Ramsey's screwed up, the killer took their money and they welshed and never returned her. The Ramseys could then tell the police that they were afraid to call them and took matters into their own hand. That would gain them sympathy and create a plausible scenario. It even gives them time to clean the crime scene.

I haven't finished reading the rest of the thread, so forgive me if I'm saying the same thing as lots of others but... bingo! Some things just clicked into place (in my head anyway). I think you're spot on - that was PRs plan when she wrote the note. The reference to the 'adequately sized attache case" (or whatever the exact words were) in the ransom note was so that John could use the suitcase in the cellar to remove JBs body. I'm starting to think John didn't know what had happened during the night, and would not go along with PRs insistence that they handle the 'kidnapping' themselves. He may have insisted on calling 000, so PR did, crossing her fingers that she could pull it off. I think maybe John discovered the body in his 'missing time' and may even have added to the staging then. JMO

<modsnip>I don't know too many 9 year olds that know many of the words and who write that neat and who can put thoughts together like in the letter.

Agreed.

I can't comprehend any of the family members killing her.

As the immortal Shakespeare once said, "there are more things in heaven and Earth than are dreamt of in your philosophy." That's not an insult. I'm just pointing out that it's not evidence. (It's also what they were going for, IMO)

There was DNA under her fingers that doesn't match the family.

There's DNA under YOUR fingernails that doesn't match YOUR family right now!

The most baffling part is the ransom letter for sure. Who in their right mind would take 20 minutes to write it after breaking in to the house? Nobody, unless they were completely insane and had no fear of being caught. I suppose they could have written in advance but the paper was torn out of a spiral notebook from the house correct?

Torn off of a notepad from the house, but yes. And no one would break into a house without a ransom note already prepared.

This might be one of those cases that never gets resolved. I think it was an intruder who had been in the house before and knew his way around. They also must have known the exact bonus the dad received too

This sort of reminds me of Elizabeth Smart, who was abducted from her bedroom and was found months later.

Night and day, my friend.

Burke reacted very oddly when Dr. Phil asked him if the note looked like his mother's handwriting. He didn't didn't really vehemently deny it. He picked one phrase, at the beginning of the document when the writing is most disguised, "Listen Carefully", and said it stood out as not appearing to be her writing. Strange.

Simplest theory: BR woke JBR late to go downstairs and play with some toys. They ate pineapple together. He plays with train set, she annoys him, he jabs her with it. She threatens to tell on him, he hits her with flashlight. He thinks she's dead, tells parents. They think she's dead, panic, fear for son, stage ridiculous cover-up. Once police bought the kidnapping, they couldn't/didn't turn back.

How hard would a kid have to be hit to cause a skull fracture? Could you tell if that was an injury only an adult could do or is it possible a 9 year old could actually strike with that heavy a force?

Burke reacted very oddly when Dr. Phil asked him if the note looked like his mother's handwriting. He didn't didn't really vehemently deny it. He picked one phrase, at the beginning of the document when the writing is most disguised, "Listen Carefully", and said it stood out as not appearing to be her writing. Strange.

Simplest theory: BR woke JBR late to go downstairs and play with some toys. They ate pineapple together. He plays with train set, she annoys him, he jabs her with it. She threatens to tell on him, he hits her with flashlight. He thinks she's dead, tells parents. They think she's dead, panic, fear for son, stage ridiculous cover-up. Once police bought the kidnapping, they couldn't/didn't turn back.

and this theory makes so much more sense and seems so much more likey an occurrence than many of the far fetch pedophile Santa Claus theories that have been proposed to date.

I didn't think DP would reveal anything not already known primarily because of his association with Lin Wood. I must admit I'm very very surprised what has come out in the first two episodes.

We now know that Burke snuck downstairs after the rest of the family were in bed (or at least he thought they were). John and Patsy both stated they retired around 10.30 - 10.40pm so that would mean BR made this trip after that time. Burke now admits he and JB 'might' have eaten pineapple sometime during the 25th. JR apparently used the family flashlight to take BR to bed and BR stated the baseball bat found outside the house, with fibres on it from the wine cellar, was his.

These revelations are are quite amazing I think. It places BR downstairs at a critical time in this investigation. It opens up the possibility he snacked on pineapple at this time. It shows the family flashlight was readily and easily accessible and BR's baseball bat, at least at one time, was inside the house.

All these new revelations accord perfectly with the theory expounded by Kolar in his book. I.E. an altercation took place initially in the kitchen area possibly involving the flashlight or BB bat. I wonder if this was in the information BR gave the GJ. If so Kolar would be aware of it but unable to state it due to GJ secrecy thus framing it as a theory.

BR has done himself no favours with this interview.

How does BR being located
on the 1st story, possibly at midnight change the time line?
When did the R's say they went to bed?

[h=2]https://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-disorders-problems/bedwetting-and-sleep

Symptoms of Bedwetting:[/h]Bedwetting refers to involuntary urination during sleep in children over the age of 5. Bedwetting may occur at any point during the night but usually occurs during the first few hours of sleep. Occasional bedwetting for children over the age of 5 is not uncommon but if it happens more often than 2-3 times per month, parents should consult their pediatrician.
[h=2]How to Treat Bedwetting:[/h]Because bedwetting tends to happen during the first few hours of sleep, a good method of preventing it is to make sure that your child goes to the bathroom

So if the estimated time of death is correct (most investigators believed it to have been sometime between 10 p.m. and midnight -- though it could have been later than that), that puts BR right in the midst of the action -- either as a witness or as a participant. HUGE - rojamom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela