Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed this case intently in the beginning but haven't kept up-to-date like many of you. I haven't really participated actively in the case on Websleuths other than voting in the polls. One of the last bits of information I recall was when the Ramseys moved permanently into their home in the tony resort community of Charlevoix, MI. I believe Burke graduated from the local high school, and I know he attended Purdue in IN.

Does anyone have information about Burke's high school and/or college life? Did he participate in sports? Was he a good student? Did he have a social life: close friends, girlfriends, etc.? How about college? Did Burke live in the dorm? Roommates/suitemates, or did Dad spring for a private room or apartment? College social life: close friends, girlfriends, etc.? Sports or other campus activities?

After watching the Dr. Phil interview, I'm inclined to believe that Burke is a loner, immature, not particularly sociable, perhaps even self-absorbed. I would appreciate some enlightenment from super-'sleuthers who might have this type of information. :tyou:

The former police chief, James Kolar who probably knows more about the evidence than anyone, got it right.

Burke did it. The parents covered it up. This makes all the sense in the world.

Why did the parents go to extreme lengths to prevent Burke from being interviewed almost immediately? Why did they refuse to allow themselves to be interviewed by the police (unless they were interviewed together?) Why was John Ramsey making arrangements to leave town almost immediately? Why did JR lawyer up almost immediately?

None of this behavior makes sense except when looked at from the perspective of two parents who are trying to save their only living child from a lifelong sentence of public scrutiny and judgement as a very weird, sick little boy.

This, in addition to the public scrutiny and judgement that would follow them
<snip>

I find it interesting that you contradict your whole point about how the public thinks they know it all and then you go and do the same exact thing saying Burke did it. Mr. Kolar is not anywhere near the person who understands and knows all of the evidence. And most of the experts who are RDI think Patsy did it. The experts in no way believe Burke has anything to do with this.

Have been thinking about Burke´s seemingly inappropriate body language and facial expressions during the DP interview. We all have to take into consideration what a difficult childhood he had. Patsy had breast cancer early on in his (and JonBenét´s) life. There is no way that would have passed him by unnoticed. He would have had a deep fear of losing his mother. And perhaps it was difficult for him (and JB) to put forward their needs. They would rather try to be pleasant to make things easier on their ill mother. Maybe.
Looking at photos of him from when he was a child (prior to JonBenét´s murder), he has a big, huge, exaggerated and FAKE smile plastered over his face on all pictures. So does JonBenét. Why did the children feel they needed to make themselves "better" than they were? Why didn´t they feel loved just the way they were, but felt they had to present an enhanced version of themselves?
Is that why Burke has that smile on his face during the interviews? He grew up having to present a pleasant, uncomplicated version of himself. JonBenét would probably do the same if she were alive now.
There are a few very sweet pictures of JonBenét I have seen, where she is not all dolled up and in full makeup (probably with bleached hair though). She is a perfectly beautiful child and didn´t need any dolling up of any kind, but that was obviously how it was in that household: enhanced children.
Poor little things, if what I see is correct.

Back to Burke. His sister killed, father and mother distraught. They probably tried to shelter him from the press and what was in it, but he must have noticed. At the very least, his school mates would have made him aware of what was written about his parents.

Then his mother´s death, he was 19. Must have been rough on him too.

Just some stray thoughts to try to make sense of his smiling during the interviews. I feel bad for him, he seems isolated. He grew up to be handsome, but very awkward. I hope he figures it all out.

I've just viewed DP on facebook answering questions re the BR interview. He is vehemently pro BR and the Ramseys generally. He states this is a DNA case still to be solved apparently by finding an intruder. Some of the reasons he gave for this are factually incorrect. Bearing in mind the new discoveries DP elicited from BR during the interviews I find this incredible. I would surmise Dr Phil either hasn't read the evidence properly or he is getting paid too much to say otherwise.

Yes, IMO Phil McGraw was always in the Friends of the Ramseys camp. He just exploited Burke for ratings. No one can say with a straight face that DP didn't provoke and edit these interviews to create exactly the attention it's receiving. But it sounds like the fire got too hot and now DP is back pedaling on his exploitative and sensationalistic interviewing and editing. What a jerk.

Mr. Kolar is not anywhere near the person who understands and knows all of the evidence.
What are you basing that on? Kolar was the lead investigator on this case for two years and he's seen all the evidence. He's certainly qualified to make an expert opinion.

http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682481/Interpreting the Evidence

pbworks:

* Tricia Griffith View. Internet poster Tricia argues that there's no proof the bat had anything to do with the crime. She states: "The baseball bat is not linked to the murder. It was not shown to be used in any way during the commission of the murder. The only thing that can be proven is that a fiber from the room in which JBR was found was also on the bat. The Ramseys make no attempt to connect the bat in any way to the murder. There is no way to know how long the bat had lain in the location it was found. There are no fingerprints on the bat that are connected to the murder. There is no DNA. Even Patsy Ramsey wasn’t sure if the bat was Burke’s or not [see ]. There is no evidence to show when or how the baseball bat got in the location it was found, and there is no useful evidence other than small fibers on the bat to suggest it was used in the crime; yet, the leap is somehow made that the bat is connected to the murder of JonBenet Ramsey as cited by Judge Carnes."

http://jonbenetramsey.pbworks.com/w/page/11682515/The House

pbworks

Carpet Fiber(s) Found on Bat

1. Judge Carnes Opinion. The Carnes opinion states that the bat "has fibers consistent with fibers found in the carpet in the basement where JonBenet's body was found. (SMF P 185; PSMF P 185.)" (Carnes 2003:20).
  2. RMN Account. However, a newspaper account allude to a single fiber: "A carpet fiber from the basement was found on that bat." Rocky Mountain News

• Baseball Bat Not Owned by Ramseys. "A baseball bat not owned by the Ramseys found on the north side of the house has fibers consistent with fibers found in the carpet in the basement where JonBenet's body was found. (SMF P 185; PSMF P 185.)" (Carnes 2003:20).

1. Patsy Ramsey Interview. From the police transcripts of the National Enquirer book page 229 (Quote and source from Internet poster Tricia): TH:(Tom Haney): "How about the bat itself, does that look--" PR (Patsy Ramsey): Well, I can't say for sure. Burke would probably know." TH: "Do you know how many bats he might have had? Would he have had more than one?" PR: "I don't think so. I mean, I think that looks metal. Metal bats are pretty--I mean, they are not cheap. So, I can't imagine--I don't think he had more than one, if he had one." TH: "But he did have one?" PR: "It seems like he had one, but I can't say if it was that one."
  2. John Ramsey View. The Rocky Mountain News reported that "Two baseball bats are found on the property, but John Ramsey said he didn't recognize one of the bats and believed the family owned only one." RMN also reported "The out-of-place bat was found on the north side of the house, where children don't play."

Does asbergers excuse murder?

No its not an excuse but it can be a clue. My niece would have violent episodes that came out of nowhere. I remember her hitting me once so hard in the chest hat it knocked the air out of me. I was in shock. It was over something really silly like cleaning her room. At the time it worried me so much I thought I may have to release custody of her. But thankfully it was rare. But when it did hit it was explosive

http://www.myaspergerschild.com/2010/06/anger-and-violence-in-aspergers.html

Dr. Phil show is highlighting the case again and going over BR. He says he is not suspect and never was. Is going to explain BR and his personality in a few

OMG Dr. Phil is airing an unexpected show with the R atty (Lin Wood?)! I thought the next show was scheduled for MON. And didn't this guy LW threaten to sue CBS? WOW!

I'm not sure if this is the correct thread to post this to, but it was noted that one of the shows this week showed a quick shot of Steve Thomas and the Ramseys on Larry King. It aired on May 31, 2000 and here's the link to the transcript of it:

http://www.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0005/31/lkl.00.html

I found this statement by JR strange: "Most important, though, is the sequence of events, which are supported by forensics experts. JonBenet was strangled with a professionally made garrote. The last act this creature did to my beautiful child is strike her in the head with a vicious blow. She was either dead or near dead when that blow was administered. "

Regarding the flashlight.
Let's follow what we know to be true or at least evidence points to it being true:
1.)Flashlight is now been linked by BR to be in JR hands on the night of the murder as he put him to bed with it.
If this is true...
How did the flashlight wind up being possibly the murder weapon?.....
2.) Did JR leave the flashlight at BR bedside?
3.) Did JR take flashlight back upstairs to his bedroom?
4.) Where was the flashlight between the moment JR put him to bed and when it was found in kitchen (wiped completely clean of ALL prints including JR's and even the batteries were cleaned!)

This is where the truth lies.
1.) If JR took it to his bedroom then that means the KILLER had to go up to his room and remove flashlight and take it downstairs, use it as a weapon, then go back up to kitchen and clean it completely.
2.) If JR left it at BR bedside, then that means one of three things happened.
A.) BR took flashlight on his adventure downstairs and left it. Leaving the intruder to find it and use it as a murder weapon. (Wouldn't an intruder bring their own flashlight??)
B.) Intruder went all the way to BR's room to get the flashlight, use it as a murder weapon, then wipe clean of prints and leave in kitchen.
C.) BR took flashlight on his adventure and ended up using flashlight to harm sister, either accidently or deliberately.

OR the flashlight grew arms and legs, committed the crime itself and wiped itself down and placed itself in kitchen. With the bowl of pineapple and tea that MAYBE BR ate with his sister.

There's where I'm at right now.
Any other ideas regarding how the flashlight could've made its way to possibly being a murder weapon?
I've been handling my maglight while thinking about this. This kind of flashlight is extremely heavy and even with a small amount of force could easily crack a skull and leave the shape that was found on JB skull. Very easily. This flashlight is used by cops. It is not a light flashlight. It's very easily a weapon. It is made of metal. So it carries significant weight. Add in several batteries? You've got a powerful weapon that could crack even an adult's skull.

ETA: my maglight flashlight holds 3 size D batteries if you want to factor in the weight. I believe this adds significant force behind a swing of this flashlight. Holding it in your hand, you can feel the power. I actually keep this beside my bed AS a weapon. Along with a gun *cough*.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
If Burke used the flashlight to SNEAK downstairs, wouldn't he need it to SNEAK back up??? Yet it ends up on kitchen counter.

If Burke used the flashlight to SNEAK downstairs, wouldn't he need it to SNEAK back up??? Yet it ends up on kitchen counter.

Not if he was caught downstairs at the scene of the crime.

OMG Dr. Phil is airing an unexpected show with the R atty (Lin Wood?)! I thought the next show was scheduled for MON. And didn't this guy LW threaten to sue CBS? WOW!
Today? IT's just coming on here...OMG!!!!!!
He decided to devote an extra show. Yep, because we found out Burke was downstairs after everyone went to bed! Lin Wood damage control.

Normally, this is absolutely correct BUT…. I have a strange cousin. He is 12 now, but from the time he was a baby, he was overly aggressive. He would bang his head on the floor and rock. He would have terrible screaming fits, and even as a toddler, it sometimes took 2 people to deal with him.
When he was about 5, we were on a walk. His mom and I were dawdling behind a bit and he was ahead with my daughter who was also 5 at the time. The second they turned out of sight, I heard a blood curdling scream from my daughter. I ran to her and he had grabbed her and slammed her head against a tree. While he has some sort of "special needs", he certainly knew to wait until we couldn't see them and then harm her. There was also something in him, that made him strong enough to do this sort of thing.
This is only one example of many, where this child went out of his way to hurt other kids when no one was looking.
After that encounter, so many years ago, I never allowed him in my house, or left my children any where near him unsupervised. I still shudder as to what he is capable of.

smart. I babysat a child that age of 7 was very violent and devious he attacked his cousin. I refused to watch him again. He was disturbed child not just a rambunctious fun boy. He would wait until I turned my back to kick the smaller kids.

It's just coming on and I can already see where it's going. Dr. Phil how could you?

Today? IT's just coming on here...OMG!!!!!!
He decided to devote an extra show. Yep, because we found out Burke was downstairs after everyone went to bed! Lin Wood damage control.

Dr. Phil needs to do a show with James Kolar.

Is John still with Natalie Holloway's mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay