Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Watched the Dr. Phil show that aired on Sept. 15 and I thought he was going to answer a few questions tied to the Burke Ramsey interviews at the beginning of the show.

Wrong!

He spent the entire hour retrying the case and trying to prove that the Ramsey's were not involved in the murder of JBR. The first 2 interviews of Burke must not have accomplished the results that Lin Wood wanted so DP had to rehash the case.

In an open minded mood today. Was reading some articles online and the police stated she was hit in head with object possibly a flashlight, but wasn't strangled until 1-2 hours later? If this is the case it really makes me think the killer was one of the family members.
An intruder isn't hanging around for 3 hours writing a ransom note then strangling 2 hours later.

Sent from my 2PS64 using Tapatalk

I would guess that BR (if paid) probably received upwards of $1M.

(Allegedly) Nothing says "honoring a sibling" quite like a big box 'o money (maybe in $100 bills delivered in a nice attaché?)

If BR is making the average salary for the type of engineering position he has he'd be somewhere in the range of $75K

For $1M he could have shed a few tears for us.

How would it look if it became known that Burke got paid for doing this. Why some cynical types, like me, would think he was only doing this for the money.

Guests on Dr. Phil's show are typically paid for their interviews. I think it's safe to say that both Burke and John Ramsey received a hefty chunk o' change for appearing on the show. Cha-ching $$$$$$ :moo:

In an open minded mood today. Was reading some articles online and the police stated she was hit in head with object possibly a flashlight, but wasn't strangled until 1-2 hours later? If this is the case it really makes me think the killer was one of the family members.
An intruder isn't hanging around for 3 hours writing a ransom note then strangling 2 hours later.

Yup I believe it was stated she could have laid there anywhere between 45 min to 2 hours. She would've eventually died of the head wound. But she died by being strangled. Poor baby. :(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Has anyone got a head count on how many people the Ramsey's have sued or threatened to sue?

After watching the q&a dp episode, it sounds like the DA was forced to exonerate the Ramsey's. Lin Wood stated he would sue Boulder if it didn't happen. It's ridiculous!
I just wonder how other parents of missing or murdered children view the Ramsey's.
All of this airtime and they aren't using every second to find her killer. I bet a lot of parents of victims wish they could have that time on air to PLEAD for help. Not defend themselves.
Disgusting.

DP said at the end of this special episode come Monday BR will say state who he strongly thinks killed his sister. How much you want to bet the same person his father stated! He was 9 years old and seems like pretty checked out on the whole situation so how could he have an opinion except what his parents thought.

Burke was so concerned about finding the killer of his sister he never bothered to read the ransom note [emoji849]

My heart does not want this family to be guilty hence, my mind is in conflict with my compassionate heart.

I do not understand why Burke has decided to stick his head above the parapet at all, he has been able to build a life away from the John Benet story and live a relatively private life, the media does not need Burke telling his story to keep rehashing the case, it was a murder that will forever remain high profile, I think if I was in his situation people would read me as odd, he is unused to the cameras or being interviewed, Dr Phil is an unusual character and could be said to be intimidating,

I think he appeared very socially awkward, and this maybe his usual affect, unless we know him when he is at home within private settings it is difficult to know how out of the norm his behaviour may have been,

I don't think he had anything to do with his sisters murder, and I think he will come to regret giving this interview,

I've never thought BR killed his sister. The interviews are troubling in that he is revealing some things that we didn't know before that appear to make a difference like when BR admits to going downstairs when all others were in bed.

Let me repeat a point I made in another thread ..... In the DP interview, Burke states he woke up when his mother charged into his room looking frantically for JonBenet. Watching the Investigation Discovery special, it shows Patsy telling the police that she told John Ramsay to go check on the children. How do we account for this seeming discrepancy?

The words that he said that he heard from his mom that morning: "Oh, my gosh! Where's my baby!" were meant to solidify the IDI. BR was helping his mother's rep.

RSBM > The garrote and the details surrounding the device. Would the average person even know about making such a device?

Absolutely not! The garrote was the most shocking thing to me about the murder and led the most credibility to the IDI theory. I think the CBS Team will hear BRs voice on the 911 recording so the R Team put BR out their first, to deny being near the 911 phone call. They're going to show it was the maglite tool that hit JBR on her head. The interview leaves the flashlight in JRs hands not Burke's. If JR needed it to get to BRs room then, he needed it to get out.

BR told the police that the time to drink tea was at a Christmas Party. Perhaps he planned to have a private Christmas party with his sister that consisted of pineapple and tea. And BR was the Secret Santa who visited. If so, it was premed. And not a d*mn accident.

I find it annoying that Dr. Phil keep saying Burke was only nine years old. Burke was nine years and 11 months old.

Burke was so concerned about finding the killer of his sister he never bothered to read the ransom note [emoji849]

It does seem odd to ordinary people that BR would not read the RN. Perhaps BR is avoiding additional trauma. I've suffered with PTSD for two decades and must protect my psyche by not "going there" to where the trauma lives like an nonstop movie in a section of my mind that does not shut down. I must avoid triggers, too, which surprises me that BR conducted the public interview.

His rapid eye movement could be caused from being vigilant while always waiting for the next trauma to happen. Whether he was responsible or not, surely he was traumatized by the events of that horrific day and the early years following. Even if he was pleased, or genuinely elated, to have his parents to himself again, life could not have been easy living with JR and PR. I do believe it will become crystal clear why this interview took place once we see the eagerly anticipated CBS Special.

I read last night that the Burke interview took place in the same house as the murder. Startling that the owners gave permission for the filming and were probably paid, too.

Linda7NJ, I read that you shared some interesting facts in the Chat Room this week as I signed on just as you were leaving. You have a gifted way of writing so little and saying so much! Do you happen to have a link to that Chat as I would like to read those comments? TIA

Based on previews I've read about the CBS special, the Dr. Phil interviews appear to be pre-emptive strikes by Burke and John Ramsey (and Lin Wood) to get their version of the facts out prior to the CBS airing. I suspect there will be some damning details in the program, and Burke and his dad want to steer viewers in a different direction before the @#$% hits the fan. :moo:

@Roy23;
Not sure about your points. I do not understand how I am "contradicting myself" by concurring that I agree with the findings of one of the leading experts in this case, James Kolar. My point about "John and Jane Q Public" is that they are largely inventing their own storylines and in many cases they simply disregard all the man-hours and highly impressive credentials of trained investigators like Mr. Kolar who have had their hands on testimony, documents, and witnesses that the average keyboard quarterbacks could only dream of.

Now as far as Mr, Kolar's background and credentials goes, here's what I know from reading his book and doing my own research:

James Kolar began his law enforcement career with theBoulder, Colorado Police Department in 1976. During his law enforcement career, he served as a patrol officer, detective, detective-sergeant, supervisor of the department's narcotic and intelligence unit, and as a sergeant in the uniformed patrol division.

He also served as an assistant commander for the SWAT team, the coordinator for the department's gang unit, and as a supervisor for the recruit officer Field Training and Evaluation Program. He instructed nationally on these topics.

Kolar left the Boulder Police Department in 1993 to take the chief's positionin the mountain resort community of Telluride, Colorado and held that position for 11 years until he
accepted an investigator's position with the 20th Judicial District Attorney's Office in Boulder, CO in June 2004. As chief investigator for the DA's office, he assumed the lead role for the JonBenet Ramsey cold-case homicide investigation.

The Town of Telluride subsequently recruited Kolar back to the chief's positionin March 2006. Since that time, he served 6 years on the executive board of the Colorado Association of Chief's of Police as a representative for the southwest region of the state and is currently serving a 2-year term as the chair of Colorado's CCIC Board of Executive Directors.

He serves as the vice chair for the San Miguel County Emergency TelephoneService Authority and is a member of Colorado's Western Slope Joint TerrorismTask Force.

For any readers who know about law enforcement and investigation (some of you may have relatives in law enforcement) these are impressive credentials by anyone's measuring stick; (about 40 years of experience).

If (as you say) Mr.Kolar is "not anywhere near the person who understands and knows all the evidence" - well I guess you know of better sources with better training and credentials.

Who are they? One can never stop learning. I'd like to know.

Obviously no one can know everything but I don't think there's much of a rational argument that Mr Kolar is NOT one of the leading experts involved in the case.

As far as your statement "the experts in no way believe Burke has anything to do with this" - well, anyone can say anything; (many keyboard experts are prone to do that.)
Who and where are the "experts" that say that?What are their credentials?

I would not include the DA's office among your list since they called for a grand jury to hear the evidence...and then they disregarded the grand jury's findings.

The lead detective on the case and many other detectives were on this case much longer than Mr. Kolar. He is one of many many detectives and certainly not one of the more senior detectives that have touched this case. He also is not an FBI detective. For the ones that believe RDI, it is unanimous almost that Burke had nothing to do with this and Patsy is the killer.

And let me correct you again on the Grand Jury. The DA did not indict the Ramsey's because a panel of Professionals including law enforcement thought it best not to. Now that doesn't mean they felt the Ramsey's were innocent but it is why no charges were brought. Some smart people made that decision together and not just one person. Also, Mr Kolar was off the case for a long long time.

http://www.teenvogue.com/story/jon-benet-ramsey-what-happened\

Profiles
The JonBenét Ramsey Murder Case Explained
The internet can't stop talking about it.

teen vogue

Sep 16, 2016

"This was a tragic incident that gripped the nation,
and unfortunately, JonBenét's death is still unsolved.
The main suspects were always her family members —
either one of her parents or Burke.
As most of us are probably too young
to remember the details,
here's a short explainer on what
we know about what happened
to the young pageant star."

5 min video, LK and Ramseys,
pleading PBD
incompetence

"But Burke has also been suspected of murdering his sister (one theory is that his parents covered for him), and people have pointed out that he behaved bizarrely during a recent Today show interview, laughing and smiling when talking about the day his sister's body was found."

I read last night that the Burke interview took place in the same house as the murder. Startling that the owners gave permission for the filming and were probably paid, too. - Dedee

DeDee

Ya, I read that as well.

So DP brought them back to the
scene of the crime.

It's always strange when you return
to your former home, years later.

In 20 years I have never thought of this observation in this way! You are 100% correct! No intruder is going to wait around after the head wound to 'finish her off" before leaving. The IDI theory is repugnant and insulting.

This person has some serious issues. Serious. Inappropriate behavior and attitude. Something is WAY wrong with him.He was weird and odd in the police interviews when he was a kid. He is weirder as an adult. That was one dysfunctional home these kids lived in.

Plus the big money for doing it. - PL

Must be big money
So BR may now be flush with cash.
iirc JR commented that BR
had invested 401 k s, on his own accord.

What I don't want to believe is that we as the viewing audience and those who have followed this case since it happened, are supposed to just all of a sudden stop and say "well if DP says it ain't so then it ain't".
I'm sorry but we see the holes in the case as clearly as the detectives do. Because it's that obvious. So many unanswered questions. If you look at the evidence and the alibis you can come to a rational conclusion. The timeline screams the truth.
It's not like we are working with no evidence. There's tons of evidence even for the average Joe to look at.
We aren't idiots. Did LE make a lot of mistakes? Yes. Will anyone go to jail and give JBR justice? Nope.
Moo of course but sometimes I think everyone else besides the family wants the monster caught.
I sure hope the CBS show busts the doors off of this case!
Something has scared the hell out of the Ramsey's for them to come out from under their rocks and speak out.
They got even more scared when the DP episodes aired and wasn't going to show again until after the CBS show started on Sunday. Lin Wood made his puppet DP dance the innocence dance in a preemptive move to change the outlook of the viewing audience. All his newest episode did was concrete it in my mind.

Does anyone else get the feeling that JR is foreshadowing something by saying this is his last interview? Like maybe he is terminal or.... doesn't want to risk jail time and might do something stupid?
This is my own opinion but I believe they have underestimated the people.

It does seem odd to ordinary people that BR would not read the RN. Perhaps BR is avoiding additional trauma. I've suffered with PTSD for two decades and must protect my psyche by not "going there" to where the trauma lives like an nonstop movie in a section of my mind that does not shut down. I must avoid triggers, too, which surprises me that BR conducted the public interview.

His rapid eye movement could be caused from being vigilant while always waiting for the next trauma to happen. Whether he was responsible or not, surely he was traumatized by the events of that horrific day and the early years following. Even if he was pleased, or genuinely elated, to have his parents to himself again, life could not have been easy living with JR and PR. I do believe it will become crystal clear why this interview took place once we see the eagerly anticipated CBS Special.

I read last night that the Burke interview took place in the same house as the murder. Startling that the owners gave permission for the filming and were probably paid, too.

Linda7NJ, I read that you shared some interesting facts in the Chat Room this week as I signed on just as you were leaving. You have a gifted way of writing so little and saying so much! Do you happen to have a link to that Chat as I would like to read those comments? TIA

Thank you, no I don't know how to link to that chat, I'm sorry. I haven't been back here in a few years. Chat was brand new to me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member