Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
thank you so much for your point of view,I was so disappointed reading all these nasty comments about Burke.

My my father died in shocking circumstances when I was nine, and I remember laughing on the way to the funera, just about random things that make kids laugh, not about my dad. I remember knowing it would be the worst thing ever to laugh at the funeral, and I kinda almost did but i turned it into a cry. Thankfully no one was snapping photos of me and judging me. your so right that children don't behave like adults.

Some people smile a lot out out of politeness, I do that, and also smile and laugh when nervous, or being accused of something I didn't do.

And this is just in response to a bunch of different comments dissing Burke for not reading the ransom note, not remembering every detail of that day, not leaving his room when he knew drama was happening ..

This guys sister was killed in his own home. It's horrific, and jonbenets murder became such a huge story, and still is, and may have overshadowed his whole life. I wonder how 'normal' all these people would be having experienced what he has. Most of us are lucky enough not to have a sibling murdered or be accused by some of being the one to comit the crime.

it would probably be traumatic for him to read the ransom note, see pictures of her, not to mention people all over the world accusing him of awful things. Of course he would want to get on with his life and not be obsessed with his sister murder.

Sometimes when kids hear their parents upset or fighting or commotion in the house, they do stay in their rooms, because they are scared and don't want interrupt. That's normal.

I wish all the best to Burke and I hope he got paid very well for this interview.
It's hard to snip on my phone.

Anyway regarding smiling at funerals, I've been thinking about this a lot. While I didn't lose anyone significant as a child, I honestly can't recall a funeral when people were not laughing and smiling at different times. I've never been to a service where everyone just cries. It's kind of odd to hear that people are creeped out by him smiling at her funeral. I'm not saying that the funerals I've attended weren't sad, but I guess most people in my family and friends like to recall fond memories of those we've lost. There are tears and laughs.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I really didn't expect Dr. Phil to come out and openly say he believed one of the family did it (if he really felt that way) but I sure am surprised he has taken such a stance on IDI theory and making fun at those of us in the RDI "camp" ( as he calls us) with his smirks and chuckles. So insulting. And no, I'm not basing my beliefs on tabloids.

I've been thinking about this "special supplement" to the DP shows about Burke.

I wonder if this has been planned from the beginning. DP interviews BR, and they show him being asked dark questions while showing his (edited) responses, highlighting smling, etc. DP even goes on talk shows to bring attention to how unusual Burke's affect is. They get a ton of attention, Twitter, socisl media, all the news outlets, etc.

Then, WHAM, all of a sudden DP has a special show to: 1. dispute RDI, and 2. advocate IDI. And he's got all his detailed talking points laid out.

I think they planned it this way all along. It makes refuting RDI more visible and appearing credible. I didn't doubt DP would end on Pro-R note, but I didn't expect this Ramsey didn't do it lecture/advocacy.

I didn't expect DR. Phil to go this far and to insult others with opinions that differ from his. He's downright insulting and Lin Wood is eating it up with a spoon, a big ole spoon you might eat pineapple with.

Dr. Phil says no evidence of prior sexual abuse. And she was abused that night Possibly with the paint brush. Possibly Dr. Phil? There was a sliver of it found in her vagina.

Wasn't DP talking up BR's strange demeanor before the first part aired? He knew exactly how BR's behavior would come across. My guess is that LW and JR didn't. Maybe they've been around him too long. They must have been royally pissed after seeing the first two parts.

Thank you Bessie for fixing my quote. I'm not sure how to do it. Any help in that direction would be appreciated. I've read here for years but since I have such a hard time expressing my thoughts I tend to not post much.

I followed this case intently in the beginning but haven't kept up-to-date like many of you. I haven't really participated actively in the case on Websleuths other than voting in the polls. One of the last bits of information I recall was when the Ramseys moved permanently into their home in the tony resort community of Charlevoix, MI. I believe Burke graduated from the local high school, and I know he attended Purdue in IN.

Does anyone have information about Burke's high school and/or college life? Did he participate in sports? Was he a good student? Did he have a social life: close friends, girlfriends, etc.? How about college? Did Burke live in the dorm? Roommates/suitemates, or did Dad spring for a private room or apartment? College social life: close friends, girlfriends, etc.? Sports or other campus activities?

After watching the Dr. Phil interview, I'm inclined to believe that Burke is a loner, immature, not particularly sociable, perhaps even self-absorbed. I would appreciate some enlightenment from super-'sleuthers who might have this type of information. :tyou:
BDE ~
Here is a picture of his girlfriend in 2015.

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/re...w/news-story/5592cc91c40d3215bc8cc45f14d7b94f

Wow. Not a huge fan of Dr. Phil, but now I'm disgusted by him. Yuck.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

This is going to backfire on him. I suppose a certain number of his viewers will default to his view because of....the whole famous guy on tv. He's smarter than us thing, but.....I don't even know what to say......To me this is like when his parents sued everyone under the sun. It just made them look worse. All of them including Burke. Dr. Phil is so thirsty.

So what Dr Phil is on the Ramsey Spin Train? Of course he was going to be -- how do you think he got the Burke interview in the first place?

And again, what does it matter? Dr Phil is not a detective, he doesn't have access to all the evidence or documents. He's just a guy with a talk show who has gone Hollywood and is a sell-out. And none of that is new, btw.

Nothing Phil says or Lin Woods says or anyone says is going to alter the truth. The truth will not change no matter who opines what. No one is going to be arrested or prosecuted for this killing anyway. People who have delved into the case and looked at the available evidence, documents and read what they could have formed their opinion and nothing Phil says is going to change it.

It didn't change *my* opinion and I doubt it changed any of yours.

In the end nothing changes. JBR is still dead. PR is still dead. Whoever inflicted that head trauma is still the person who did it.

Well, in my opinion Dr. Phil could have done this and gotten his point of view out there without the insulting smirks and chuckles. So unprofessional!

Dixie811 said:
I know.. I meant I have to miss it on the 19th

ETA I live in the Stone Age and don't have DVR

After I typed that - I thought, oh - she must have to work and cant DVR it! :) Can't you download the show after airing. I "think" there are videos on YouTube from the first two interviews! Just trying to help! I don't have a DVR or tivo, or any of those things either. I don't even have a cell phone... :D

:wave:

PostiveLight and Bitz - you do know you can read up on this regarding your questions - don't know how much you know about the case - but at ACandyRose.com there is a TON of info. Might answer some of your questions in post #299.

posting this and will continue reading... next page :pcguru:

@ Boodles
Ya it was like a seminar and DP
was doing a Big Sell

I want James Kolar and Fleet White to speak out. But alas they can't, they'll be sued.
I think it's safe to say Kolar can call Lin Woods bluff. Wood may talk the talk but he won't walk the walk. He won't let Kolar question Burke under oath, not after what we saw on Dr Phil. I wish Kolar would come out and straight up scream BURKE. The worst Lin Wood would do is put Burke on Dr Phil again. He won't sue him no way.

*The truth is out there*

Not sure about your points. I do not understand how I am "contradicting myself" by concurring that I agree with the findings of one of the leading experts in this case, James Kolar. My point about "John and Jane Q Public" is that they are largely inventing their own storylines and in many cases they simply disregard all the man-hours and highly impressive credentials of trained investigators like Mr. Kolar who have had their hands on testimony, documents, and witnesses that the average keyboard quarterbacks could only dream of.

Now as far as Mr, Kolar's background and credentials goes, here's what I know from reading his book and doing my own research. James Kolar began his law enforcement career with theBoulder, Colorado Police Department in 1976. During his law enforcement career, he served as a patrol officer, detective, detectivesergeant, supervisor of the department's narcotic and intelligence unit, and asa sergeant in the uniformed patrol division.

He also served as an assistant commander for the SWAT team,the coordinator for the department's gang unit, and as a supervisor for therecruit officer Field Training and Evaluation Program. He instructednationally on these topics.

Kolar left the Boulder Police Department in 1993 to take the chief's positionin the mountain resort community of Telluride, Colorado and held that position for 11 years until he
acceptedan investigator's position with the 20th Judicial District Attorney's Office inBoulder, CO in June 2004. As chief investigator for the DA's office, he assumedthe lead role for the JonBenet Ramsey cold-case homicide investigation.

The Town of Telluride subsequently recruited Kolar back to the chief's positionin March 2006. Since that time, he served 6 years on the executive board of theColorado Association of Chief's of Police as a representative for the southwestregion of the state and is currently serving a 2-year term as the chair ofColorado's CCIC Board of Executive Directors.

He serves as the vice chair for the San Miguel County Emergency TelephoneService Authority and is a member of Colorado's Western Slope Joint TerrorismTask Force.

For any readers who know about law enforcement and investigation (some of you may have relatives in law enforcement) these are impressive credentials by anyone's measuring stick; (about 40 years of experience). If Mr.Kolar is "not anywhere near the person who understands and knows all the evidence" - well I guess you know better sources with better training and credentials. Who are they? One can never stop learning. I'd like to know.

Obviously no one can know everything but I don't think there's much of a rational argument that Mr Kolar is one of the leading experts involved in the case. As far as the statement "the experts in no way believe Burke has anything to do with this" - well, anyone can say anything; (many keyboard experts are prone to do that.)
Who and where are the "experts" that say that. What are their credentials? I would not include the DA's office among your list since they called for a grand jury to hear the evidence...and then they disregarded the grand jury's findings.

Deadhead_Kay said:
Why would a room that held the kids' toy train set, which logically would've been used at least once in a few months, be allowed to remain a hazard to the kids with the broken window glass everywhere. Not to mention the fact that the unknown luggage had glass on top of it. But Jon doesn't say it's not theirs, just that it shouldn't have been placed their. Looks like someone staged the scene so that it looked like someone would be using it to step up out of the window.
Correct if I'm wrong, but didn't that suitcase belong to John's other son - what's hizname... John also? Oldzheimerz... :thinking: And didn't they find JBR's DNA IN the suitcase - on a blanket that belonged what's hizname?

It's been so long ago that I've read up on this one! :D And couldn't 20 years have passed... AH! Someone just mentioned his name - John Andrew! Thanks YouWho!

Red Viewfinder said:
One thing this does prove is that Patsy did, in fact, go to bed.

hmmm.... good catch!

Malcolm said:
I've just viewed DP on facebook answering questions re the BR interview. He is vehemently pro BR and the Ramseys generally. He states this is a DNA case still to be solved apparently by finding an intruder. Some of the reasons he gave for this are factually incorrect. Bearing in mind the new discoveries DP elicited from BR during the interviews I find this incredible. I would surmise Dr Phil either hasn't read the evidence properly or he is getting paid too much to say otherwise.

I'd say the latter or is that lader - the second suggestion!
and

:welcome6: to WS and this thread!

YouWho said:
Thanks for the link. I read a couple dozen comments and couldn't hack it anymore. That A & E Ramsey puff piece has done it's intended damage.

Can't wait for the CBS one! It's like - the Defense went first, and now the prosecutor comes up!

Love you post #378 Denlawyer! Those points you made are definitely new to me also! And -

:wagon:

to you too! and to you too kaykay543 okay - I "see" a ton of new people -

:welcome2:

YouWho said:
I'd love to hear Kohler's thoughts right now. Surely he's watched the interview?
kaykay543 said:
I agree! I would love to hear what he says now. I think the interview proved a lot of what he was implying in his book

Tricia
!!! Maybe you can get him on your True Crime show???

will continue reading again... next page... almost caught up!

On today's Dr. Phil show, 9/15/2016, Dr. Phil is taking questions from the audience.

He talked about Burke's smirk. According to Dr. Phil, Burke is just displaying nervousness. He says he's a normal adult and doesn't have any mental disorders. He's been sheltered all these years and is just afraid.

Now they're quoting Smit and playing Smit's side of the case. He talked about Smit's resignation letter, but didn't include Thomas' resignation letter. They were also showing Smit video of him entering through the train room window. They're not going into details.

Phil: "I'm not going to grill anyone who was 9 years old when his sister was murdered. He wasn't a suspect."

Phil: "He was in bed when this happened and when he woke up he was whisked out of the house." So Burke couldn't have done or known anything.

For this Dr. Phil interview: "Wood was present when John Ramsey was questioned because I was interviewing both Wood and John on the same day." He wasn't there as John's attorney. (If you want to believe that....)

DNA question: waistband and underwear which he says is DNA. He then says there was touch DNA in 2008. Phil's not accurate on the facts--the waistband DNA was tDNA. He didn't bring-up any of the other DNA facts. Period. This guy is presenting only Wood's side of the case.

Wood to Lacy, "You're going to be the laughing stock of the country if you don't clear the Ramseys." Not sure if I got that quote right, but Wood was putting pressure on AL to clear the family. AL personally apologized to the Ramseys.

Wood: "Beyond a reasonable doubt he has been exonerated." Referring to John Ramsey.

"There was no snow to leave footprints in." Again misrepresenting the facts. This is more complicated than their portrayal. There was frost on the grass but not on the pathways. When the sun comes up the frost goes away. They think we're stupid.

"They're feeding the media to put sensational details on the Ramsey family." Steve Thomas' book shows how the information was leaked through AH office and fed to the Ramseys attorneys. They then fed the information they wanted to put pressure on the investigators.

"They failed to mention that there was no snow." Again, he doesn't mention the frost.

"Why wouldn't they speak to the police?" ... "They got a call from a friend telling them that they were being targeted by the police." He's talking about the cooperation and how they cooperated with the police. He'd ignoring how quickly the Ramseys lawyered-up (within hours). "They're going to hold the body hostage" Oh god. This is another misrepresentation.

Now the bedwetting issue. "Her bedsheets weren't wet or stained." Wow, ********. They showed a photo of the sheets but didn't bother to say they were tested.

Wood: "This is not a person capable of flying into a rage and killing her child." (SD, you want to chime in here?) "There were no urine stains on the bed" ... for the life of me I'll never be able to spell eurone without spell check.

"There was no voice on the end of the tape. There was no credible evidence of any voices on the end of that tape. There has never been any evidence to support it whatsoever."

Did they ever take lie detector tests? Oh god, they're ignoring the detail of the polygraph tests. They're making it look like they clearly passed the tests. The details they're leaving out is shameful.

The ransom note and Patsy's writing. "Patsy was close to elimination." Patsy was rated from 4 to 4.5 so Patsy should have been eliminated.

"The Bolder police wanted to push the Ramseys into confession."

Commercial break. They will talk about sexual molestation next.

Jonbenet the victim of sexual molestation. "Maybe someone in the family..."

"Was she being sexually abused?" Phil: "There as never been a formal finding that she was sexually abused." "There was no evidence in the autopsy that there was any ongoing sexual abuse" "There wasn't a finding that she was molested long time." "No. No evidence other than that night." They're ignoring information from the autopsy.

"Burke's happy in his life. He gets along well with his dad."

Now Phil's talking about "Observe and Measure" so he's talking about how we have 20 years of his life to have observed. Since he hasn't done anything then he isn't guilty. (I personally don't believe BDI, but there are others who will object to this.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TCSouthtrust