Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
.Does anyone else get the feeling that JR is foreshadowing something by saying this is his last interview? Like maybe he is terminal or.... doesn't want to risk jail time and might do something stupid?
This is my own opinion but I believe they have underestimated the people.

I don't think JR would do something stupid or that he has a terminal illness. But I have thought about the potential for a seriously negative reaction for Burke. It can't be pleasant having the whole world tweeting and posting that you're creepy, you did it, you're weird, etc. I hope he has very good support. I truly found him likable, and not at all "creepy." I personally don't think he hurt his sister, though I don't think anyone except he and the murderer will ever know for sure. And he lost his mother, too. I feel for him and hope he can get through this ok.

Okay, Burke said he went downstairs (2nd floor to the 1st floor) with the flashlight. When he said that, I was getting the distinct impression that it wasn't the full story. He's holding something back. His father used the flashlight to take Burke to his room. John and Patsy denied having anything to do with the flashlight. It was probably a gift from JAR and it was kept in a drawer at the wet bar close to where the notepad was kept. The full story isn't there either. If John was using the flashlight, to take Burke to his room, he was doing it for a reason or it didn't happen.

If I'm not mistaken, there was a light on in the sunroom and it was common to leave a light on in the mudroom. The spiral staircase had sconces on the wall. Why didn't John want to use the house lights??? Why? :idea: Because Burke's not giving the full story here. John's helping Burke put together his toy that night may not have been the full story either. We've got two separate stories here and the truth might be somewhere in between.

Just thinking...but Burke needed to put the flashlight in play for a reason. He had to put it in his room and maybe out of reach of John or Patsy. They're taking the flashlight off the board. They're putting it in Burke's room and away from where it would normally be kept. It was in a drawer and that wouldn't have been visible to an intruder. There had to be a reason why the flashlight came out of the drawer and they want to move it away from the first floor. The only reason for that would be the first floor was dark and either John or Patsy didn't want to turn on the lights....

Look, if Burke's flashlight story doesn't scream "Danger! Danger! Will Robinson!" then you're probably in the wrong place (or you weren't alive in the 60s). They just put the flashlight into Burke's hands after 20 years of denying it actually existed. If it was the murder weapon, putting it into his hands shifts the blame of the murder onto him. He's the one person who can't be convicted of murder and he just set himself up to be the one person who had the flashlight. Of course he was asleep in his room all that time and the flashlight somehow found it's way from his room to the kitchen counter. It's all subterfuge baby!

I was trying not to be cynical about his interview. He's finally wanting to talk and I was happy for that. Maybe people would see him as a human and some of them would respect his privacy. But having the puppetmaster behind the scenes and pulling the strings has changed my mind. What's going on here is calculated.

Through The Guardian story on web sleuthing, I clicked through to the JonBenet Reddit page and there is a discussion of Dr. Phil's "impromptu" show (https://www.reddit.com/r/JonBenet/comments/52xtxr/impromptu_dr_phil_pt_3/?st=it6b7imu&sh=7a93fab5). This comment, and I do think people who watch regularly are invaluable sources at to what is going on here, seems to sync up with what others have said, and also very passionately:

"Dr Phil has lost his mind. I watch Dr Phil everyday. He has never ever said a police department is bias. He always lets both sides talk.

I guess the lawyer has some nudies or something on Dr Phil."

Or, as the next commenter said, having the same lawyer as The Ramseys. It would be great if any mainstream press would expose THAT. That would seems sort of obvious (for a story), and I am wondering why no one has...?

If the R's are innocent , how is it they know exactly which items to refute? How do they know to deny an innocent flashlight, the food in jbs stomach that was most recent? A voice on a call?

How do they instinctively know to lie about only those things..?

Okay, Burke said he went downstairs (2nd floor to the 1st floor) with the flashlight. When he said that, I was getting the distinct impression that it wasn't the full story. He's holding something back. His father used the flashlight to take Burke to his room. John and Patsy denied having anything to do with the flashlight. It was probably a gift from JAR and it was kept in a drawer at the wet bar close to where the notepad was kept. The full story isn't there either. If John was using the flashlight, to take Burke to his room, he was doing it for a reason or it didn't happen.

Where is this into coming from? DP? I did not hear Burke say he used a flashlight! He said he didn't remember using a flashlight when DP asked him specifically about it.

I also did not hear JR say he used a flashlight, either. Where is this info coming from? Source, pls? DrP mentioned JR using a flashlight, but I don't know the context or if it's even accurate or whether DP was making misstatements. I don't trust DP at all.

Where is this into coming from? DP? I did not hear Burke say he used a flashlight! He said he didn't remember using a flashlight when DP asked him specifically about it.

I also did not hear JR say he used a flashlight, either. Where is this info coming from? Source, pls? DrP mentioned JR using a flashlight, but I don't know the context or if it's even accurate or whether DP was making misstatements. I don't trust DP at all.

Go read a few pages back on this thread. If this has been debunked, you can let me know. I'll check the source for myself some time later.

If DP made statements you don't trust, you can't exclude them for discussion here. The Burke interview was a part of the DP show. You can, however, claim you don't trust him. But an outright ban of discussion is not appropriate.

Oh, and DP said he had been talking with Burke for months. I really don't know what that means, but it's more contact that I believe anyone here on WS has had with him. That does account for something even if you don't trust him.

This person has some serious issues. Serious. Inappropriate behavior and attitude. Something is WAY wrong with him.He was weird and odd in the police interviews when he was a kid. He is weirder as an adult. That was one dysfunctional home these kids lived in.

I've watched clips of Burke's interview with LE and can't believe how inappropriate his actions are :eek: How could a nearly-10-year-old child not realize the seriousness of this encounter and behave accordingly. Burke is curled up in a chair like he's watching TV! WTF! Burke and JonBenet were the children of wealthy parents who were prominent in the community. These children should have known how to behave in serious situations. It's obvious that the Ramsey children were dressed impeccably, had rules in their home, were taught to smile, etc. Why did Burke not understand the importance of the police interview, sit up straight, make eye contact with the interviewer, and pay attention to what was being discussed. I watch the video clips in utter disbelief at how aloof and unconcerned Burke appears to be. :gaah:

Linda you hit the nail on the head. It saddens me that JR, PR and BR were more worried about keeping their name squeaky clean then finding who killed their daughter. And as far as BR having his suspicions I am shocked being he showed no emotion during the two days of interviews to even care. IMHO

Linda you hit the nail on the head. It saddens me that JR, PR and BR were more worried about keeping their name squeaky clean then finding who killed their daughter. And as far as BR having his suspicions I am shocked being he showed no emotion during the two days of interviews to even care. IMHO

IMO Burke would have been criticized here no matter what his demeanor was during the interview. If he cried and had a Kleenex in his hand it would be said he was showing guilt or reliving his role in the murder.

IMO Burke would have been criticized here no matter what his demeanor was during the interview. If he cried and had a Kleenex in his hand it would be said he was showing guilt or reliving his role in the murder.

I said the very same thing from the start even before the interview was aired. For many there isn't anyway possible under the sun for any of the Ramseys to ever do or say anything right. It hasn't happened in almost 20 years and Burke's interview wasn't going to change that steadfast view, imo, which is why I wish he had never done this interview.

I have seen the same in other unsolved cases where the family member/s just couldn't win the approval of the masses. They were also criticized if they smiled, criticized if they didn't cry, criticized if they cried too much which had to mean they were crocodile tears. A lot of times they are criticized for the way they looked or dressed or if they looked up or down while answering a question or how they spoke or how they answered the questions.

This actually isn't anything new. The only thing really different is in this particular unsolved case it has gone on for almost 20 years while other cases where family members/parents were eyed with great criticism and accusations of guilt ...when appearing on television or when their child was found murdered...... they only had to endure it for a much shorter period of time when the real murderer was finally arrested removing the boulder off of their shoulders. Some of those parents endured the same thing for many months or even two or three years.

Imo, there isn't anything worse for parents than their child's murder going unsolved with no one arrested. It even works that way for other family members as well. I remember there was a husband of one of the BTK victims who had to go through being accused as the one who murdered his wife. It took 22 years before BTK finally admitted he was the one who had murdered the man's wife. Until then he had remained the suspect. He said those 22 years of false allegations against him ruined his life.

I cant think of a worse accusation than others believing someone has killed their family member when they did not. How do they prove a negative? The truth is they cant.:( Nor should they have to prove their innocence either. That is not the way our country works.

I felt Burke has been sheltered most of his life trying to protect him from all that was being said about him and his parents which has left him socially awkward and a shy introvert. The smile IMO, is the way he copes in uncomfortable situations when he is around others he doesn't know well. I don't think he even realizes he smiles so much. I certainly found nothing sinister about it knowing what he has gone through and how much loss he has endured in his short life.

I would suspect when he is around his girlfriend or others he knows very well he is much more at ease. I would be nervous as heck too if I was in front of DP who is prone to be a bully and overbearing at times. DP probably had to meet with Burke for months to get him to feel somewhat at ease with him. DP probably went very slow at first with Burke seeing that he was very awkward talking to him and even opening up as much as he finally did. I think it took DP that long to get Burke this far so the interviews could be done.

IMO

:eek:

Tadpole said:
snipped by me...

During the sit-down interview in the home
where JonBenet had been violently killed
20 years ago at Christmas,

This interview was actually AT THEIR old HOUSE??? Maybe JBR was spooking him, as he gave the interview - the "why" for his smiles...

Madeline74 said:
snipped by me...
- We have a super skinny intruder who can fit through that narrow basement window

Where there was NO sign on an intruder, unlike Smit scraping his butt on the window sill... spider webs still on the grate....

Luckymanuh -- Investigators estimated the time of death to be between 10 p.m. on Dec. 25 and 6 a.m. on Dec. 26. Because JBR's remains had already begun to exhibit signs of decomposition by the time she was found at 1 p.m. on Dec. 26, investigators believe that she died closer to 10 p.m. than 6 a.m.

If JBR died at 10:00, then she was hit on the head as early as 8:00pm. Oops! She was not at home when her skull was crushed. It could explain Patsy saying JBR was zonked out when they arrived home.

Yup I believe it was stated she could have laid there anywhere between 45 min to 2 hours. She would've eventually died of the head wound. But she died by being strangled. Poor baby. :(

I must resign myself to the fact that we may never learn the exact sequence of the events leading to JonBenet's murder because Burke surely isn't going to let the cat out of the bag. The interview by DP tells us the last time BR saw his sister was...in the car.
JHM

Wow! Waaaaaay inappropriate affect. Actually, profoundly aberrant.
Chillingly notable.

All moo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M3zCq_SCKU

DP, EP 3 promo
The powerful conclusion of the Ramsey Interview
How much re editing do you think they have done on the last episode? I bet a ton. I don't understand why he didn't go ahead and show the Monday episode yesterday. If DP wanted to do a Q&A then do it on monday. I honestly do not think what we see Monday will be the same show that was initially going to air. I think the reason they didn't show Monday's episode yesterday is because they had to go back to the drawing board.

What gets me is this. If they were completely innocent, there would be no reason to do a rebuttal. Yet DP felt it was necessary to do it. Why? Because BR was buckling under the pressure and giving away too many secrets. Such as him being downstairs when everyone was supposedly asleep.
When asked if he turned the lights on he couldn't remember. But he dang sure remembered playing with a toy?
What happened is he forgot what he was coached to say and couldn't think on his feet. IMOO

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I said the very same thing from the start even before the interview was aired. For many there isn't anyway possible under the sun for any of the Ramseys to ever do or say anything right. It hasn't happened in almost 20 years and Burke's interview wasn't going to change that steadfast view, imo, which is why I wish he had never done this interview.

I have seen the same in other unsolved cases where the family member/s just couldn't win the approval of the masses. They were also criticized if they smiled, criticized if they didn't cry, criticized if they cried too much which had to mean they were crocodile tears. A lot of times they are criticized for the way they looked or dressed or if they looked up or down while answering a question or how they spoke or how they answered the questions.

This actually isn't anything new. The only thing really different is in this particular unsolved case it has gone on for almost 20 years while other cases where family members/parents were eyed with great criticism and accusations of guilt ...when appearing on television or when their child was found murdered...... they only had to endure it for a much shorter period of time when the real murderer was finally arrested removing the boulder off of their shoulders. Some of those parents endured the same thing for many months or even two or three years.

Imo, there isn't anything worse for parents than their child's murder going unsolved with no one arrested. It even works that way for other family members as well. I remember there was a husband of one of the BTK victims who had to go through being accused as the one who murdered his wife. It took 22 years before BTK finally admitted he was the one who had murdered the man's wife. Until then he had remained the suspect. He said those 22 years of false allegations against him ruined his life.

I cant think of a worse accusation than others believing someone has killed their family member when they did not. How do they prove a negative? The truth is they cant.:( Nor should they have to prove their innocence either. That is not the way our country works.

I felt Burke has been sheltered most of his life trying to protect him from all that was being said about him and his parents which has left him socially awkward and a shy introvert. The smile IMO, is the way he copes in uncomfortable situations when he is around others he doesn't know well. I don't think he even realizes he smiles so much. I certainly found nothing sinister about it knowing what he has gone through and how much loss he has endured in his short life.

I would suspect when he is around his girlfriend or others he knows very well he is much more at ease. I would be nervous as heck too if I was in front of DP who is prone to be a bully and overbearing at times. DP probably had to meet with Burke for months to get him to feel somewhat at ease with him. DP probably went very slow at first with Burke seeing that he was very awkward talking to him and even opening up as much as he finally did. I think it took DP that long to get Burke this far so the interviews could be done.

IMO
Good post OBE. I am of the opinion the Ramsey's had nothing to do with their daughters murder especially now that 1) DNA from an unknown person was found on JBR'S clothing and 2) LE has publicly cleared the Ramsey family. LE says you follow the evidence and in this case its the DNA.

I admit the pineapple is very difficult to explain but so far I don't see any evidence that points to Burke, Patsy or John. Missing pieces of the puzzle for sure.

IMO I think that the killer was a stranger to the family who became obsessed with JBR after following her pageants. He could have been carrying this obsession for a very long time until he finally breaks into the Ramsey home that Christmas day when no one was home. He probably snooped around, read stuff on JR'S desk, went into JBR's room, etc. He could have devised his plan to kidnap her right then and there and sat down and wrote the lengthy ransom note when no one was home as he lay in wait in the basement. He could have stayed there until everyone went to bed. Perhaps he did not intend on killing JB but for whatever reason he did. This is a a theory I'd like to believe before I suspect the Ramseys. If there is forensic evidence against the Ramseys then of course I'll think differently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

How much re editing do you think they have done on the last episode? I bet a ton. I don't understand why he didn't go ahead and show the Monday episode yesterday. If DP wanted to do a Q&A then do it on monday. I honestly do not think what we see Monday will be the same show that was initially going to air. I think the reason they didn't show Monday's episode yesterday is because they had to go back to the drawing board.

What gets me is this. If they were completely innocent, there would be no reason to do a rebuttal. Yet DP felt it was necessary to do it. Why? Because BR was buckling under the pressure and giving away too many secrets. Such as him being downstairs when everyone was supposedly asleep.
When asked if he turned the lights on he couldn't remember. But he dang sure remembered playing with a toy?
What happened is he forgot what he was coached to say and couldn't think on his feet. IMOO

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm going with BoldBear's belief. We only see what they want us to see. The flashlight is in play for a reason.

John Ramsey has changed his story and statements so many times over the years.

Thanks Dedee but that makes no sense. So with the time ft one JR said they arrived home from party she would have been attack within an hour's time and BR could have been up and downstairs putting his toy together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RoseCherami