Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dateline from 9/9/2016

A consultant was hired to look at the case his name is Steven Fit he says" the police are of the mindset that a terrible accident happened and then there was a cover up after that terrible accident." So under that theory the blow to Jon Benet's head came first and everything that followed including the ransom note was part of the cover up.

Fit said it was not intentional and even upstanding people when dealt a certain deck of cards in a moment of poor judgment can go to great lengths to cover up whatever it was that they did.

I can understand that, an unintentional strangulation with a garrote. Sometimes a garrote just slips around your sisters neck and you get the urge to ...

Nick, No Nora there have been 2 that were planned and 1 basic rebuttal by DP about social media comments. And then Monday Sept 19th the finale of BR interview. Do catch a docuseries on CBS that starts Sunday Sept 18 and runs for 3 episodes. New evidence I think based on old evidence is suppose to be presented.

He didn't bother to read the ransom note but he has a very specific theory about who killed his sister.
This is laughable because of all the things noted about BR, aside from the grinning, is his very NONspecific utterings.

"Did you do this?"

"Umm... ya... maybe?"

"What do you remember about xyz?"

<looks around, shifts eyes> "I kind of wanted this thing that was downstairs....."

"Did you read the ransom note?"

<squints, shifts in chair> "Ummm... not real..llly. I mean I saw a picture of it butttt...."

Yeah, specific theory from Burke my butt.

This is laughable because of all the things noted about BR, aside from the grinning, is his very NONspecific utterings.

"Did you do this?"

"Umm... ya... maybe?"

"What do you remember about xyz?"

<looks around, shifts eyes> "I kind of wanted this thing that was downstairs....."

"Did you read the ransom note?"

<squints, shifts in chair> "Ummm... not real..llly. I mean I saw a picture of it butttt...."

Yeah, specific theory from Burke my butt.

lol
had the same feeling when I read that but you described it so much better, love it

Right! Put the pen back in the cup, the leftover paintbrush back in the tote, wiped up JonBenet, re-dressed her, fetched the blanket out of the dryer to wrap her in.... oh so considerate ...went back upstairs to leave the note

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

And threw their used tissues in the waste can. (You know the ones. They came out of the box of tissues that Patsy said she'd never seen before.)

Nice to see you posting again Linda.

I am very reluctant to read the gruesome details about JBR's murder, but I have not seen this theory yer (forgive me if it is commonplace). What if BR and JBR snuck down the basement to play (after eating pineapple). What if BR knew about garottes and had fashioned a crude one? What if he somehow convinced JBR to place it around her neck as some kind of game (he would be a prince rescuing her from an evil killer)? What if she did so, but then as they were playing, she changed her mind. This enrages BR and he strikes her with the flashlight. Perhaps he waits a bit and then decides to finish the game by tightening the garotte? Only after this does the staging by PR and JR happen. Can this work or is it impossible? It is hard for me to see BR fashioning a garotte after striking JBR. I don't see him as having an elaborate plan all ready either. I do see him as possibly wanting to try some risky game with her, however. And getting really mad if she changes her mind.

Hi all. First post :seeya: Apologies if someone has already brought this up already but I confess I didn't read all 49 pages of this thread :blushing:...

Isn't Burke obviously being defensive about the pineapple subject ("How do you expect me to remember if I ate pineapple 20 years ago?") Why wouldn't he just say "no" or I don't remember? But yet he remembers going downstairs, in general, to look at a toy? Wouldn't going to the kitchen to eat something in particular that night be more likely to establish a specific memory than going downstairs in general?

Hi all. First post :seeya: Apologies if someone has already brought this up already but I confess I didn't read all 49 pages of this thread :blushing:...

Isn't Burke obviously being defensive about the pineapple subject ("How do you expect me to remember if I ate pineapple 20 years ago?") Why wouldn't he just say "no" or I don't remember? But yet he remembers going downstairs, in general, to look at a toy? Wouldn't going to the kitchen to eat something in particular that night be more likely to establish a specific memory than going downstairs in general?
You often remember something exciting, like a toy you really loved and couldn't wait to play with on Christmas. Not eating. How many of us remember what we ate for lunch 2 days ago? Remember he was not involved in analyzing the data. The pineapple issue didn't come up until the autopsy and it probably wasn't discussed with Burke.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

:aktion:
Good post OBE. I am of the opinion the Ramsey's had nothing to do with their daughters murder especially now that 1) DNA from an unknown person was found on JBR'S clothing and 2) LE has publicly cleared the Ramsey family. LE says you follow the evidence and in this case its the DNA.

I admit the pineapple is very difficult to explain but so far I don't see any evidence that points to Burke, Patsy or John. Missing pieces of the puzzle for sure.

IMO I think that the killer was a stranger to the family who became obsessed with JBR after following her pageants. He could have been carrying this obsession for a very long time until he finally breaks into the Ramsey home that Christmas day when no one was home. He probably snooped around, read stuff on JR'S desk, went into JBR's room, etc. He could have devised his plan to kidnap her right then and there and sat down and wrote the lengthy ransom note when no one was home as he lay in wait in the basement. He could have stayed there until everyone went to bed. Perhaps he did not intend on killing JB but for whatever reason he did. This is a a theory I'd like to believe before I suspect the Ramseys. If there is forensic evidence against the Ramseys then of course I'll think differently.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I am PBJDI moo.

I must say that Burke does have a beautiful shade of blue eyes.

:applause::applause:
I said the very same thing from the start even before the interview was aired. For many there isn't anyway possible under the sun for any of the Ramseys to ever do or say anything right. It hasn't happened in almost 20 years and Burke's interview wasn't going to change that steadfast view, imo, which is why I wish he had never done this interview.

I have seen the same in other unsolved cases where the family member/s just couldn't win the approval of the masses. They were also criticized if they smiled, criticized if they didn't cry, criticized if they cried too much which had to mean they were crocodile tears. A lot of times they are criticized for the way they looked or dressed or if they looked up or down while answering a question or how they spoke or how they answered the questions.

This actually isn't anything new. The only thing really different is in this particular unsolved case it has gone on for almost 20 years while other cases where family members/parents were eyed with great criticism and accusations of guilt ...when appearing on television or when their child was found murdered...... they only had to endure it for a much shorter period of time when the real murderer was finally arrested removing the boulder off of their shoulders. Some of those parents endured the same thing for many months or even two or three years.

Imo, there isn't anything worse for parents than their child's murder going unsolved with no one arrested. It even works that way for other family members as well. I remember there was a husband of one of the BTK victims who had to go through being accused as the one who murdered his wife. It took 22 years before BTK finally admitted he was the one who had murdered the man's wife. Until then he had remained the suspect. He said those 22 years of false allegations against him ruined his life.

I cant think of a worse accusation than others believing someone has killed their family member when they did not. How do they prove a negative? The truth is they cant.:( Nor should they have to prove their innocence either. That is not the way our country works.

I felt Burke has been sheltered most of his life trying to protect him from all that was being said about him and his parents which has left him socially awkward and a shy introvert. The smile IMO, is the way he copes in uncomfortable situations when he is around others he doesn't know well. I don't think he even realizes he smiles so much. I certainly found nothing sinister about it knowing what he has gone through and how much loss he has endured in his short life.

I would suspect when he is around his girlfriend or others he knows very well he is much more at ease. I would be nervous as heck too if I was in front of DP who is prone to be a bully and overbearing at times. DP probably had to meet with Burke for months to get him to feel somewhat at ease with him. DP probably went very slow at first with Burke seeing that he was very awkward talking to him and even opening up as much as he finally did. I think it took DP that long to get Burke this far so the interviews could be done.

You often remember something exciting, like a toy you really loved and couldn't wait to play with on Christmas. Not eating. How many of us remember what we ate for lunch 2 days ago? Remember he was not involved in analyzing the data. The pineapple issue didn't come up until the autopsy and it probably wasn't discussed with Burke.

I would expect he would have remembered everything about that particular night or nothing? For instance, he claimed to remember that JB was not asleep when they came home (contradicting his father's account). Why remember a trivial thing like that but be defensive about why he should be expected to remember whether he went into the kitchen and ate pineapple after getting out of bed later on? Besides, I'm sure he is familiar with the details of the case since then, and no doubt that his fingerprints were on the bowl and JB is thought to have had pineapple in her digestive tract? This is strong logic to place him in the kitchen with her whether or not one or both parents were there or still in bed. This wouldn't prove it had to be him who killed her, but it becomes increasingly difficult for him at that point to claim ignorance of what happened to her soon afterwards. That would seem to be why he might be truthful enough to admit he went downstairs that night, but realizes he can't admit to the pineapple incident because it would place him, with JB, too close, time wise and proximity wise, to her murder to try and pretend he doesn't know how it happened?

http://www.etonline.com/news/198133...y_brother_burke_for_smiling_during_interview/

"On our final episode, what you're going to hear is Burke's very specific theory about who killed his sister," he promised.

:ignore:

not sure I wanna watch this

Oh, you have to watch Maddie. Now the torch of innocence has been passed to BR. He needs a little ‘work’, especially delivering the lines. Give him time, he’ll get there. Dr. P gives us a preview of the next lecture, I mean installment, when BR (in a rush of words that he has “maybe” practiced) will deliver a heartfelt plea, for the authorities to search for the real killer and not keep looking at his parents. :what:
:nevermind:

See Tadpole's post here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12803396

He remembers being downstairs with the toy, but doesn't remember using a flashlight, nor his father using one. That's how it reads to me, anyway.

DP EP 3
@ 34
I think your dad had said he used
the flashlight that night to put you to bed
Then you snuck downstairs to play
BR: Ya I had some toy that I wanted to put together
I remember being downstairs after everybody
was kind of in bed and wanting to get this thing out
DP: Did you use the flashlight so you
wouldn't be seen?
BR: I don't remember -
I just remember
being downstairs, I remember this toy

BBM. Thank you Bessie and Tadpole for finding the source. Dr P thinks JR said he used a flashlight. Hmm. And Burke said he does not remember a flashlight.

This is not equal to JR and BR saying they used a flashlight that night, as so many posts have said. Maybe JR said it privately somewhere, but DP says he thinks John said that. And it's pretty clear to me that DP joined the Lin Wood Ramsey Advocacy Team (LWRAT). Until I hear John say it, I'm skeptical. Because other sources for years have said the R's didn't recognize the flashlight, IIRC. Admitting otherwise is a huge change.

That said, I can't wait to see the CBS special. I agree with the poster who said it's likely there's something the CBS special will state about the flashlight that has made it a topic upon which DP focused. Maybe in Part 3 of DP JR will say something about it. Where there's smoke there's usually fire.

BBM. Thank you Bessie and Tadpole for finding the source. Dr P thinks JR said he used a flashlight. Hmm. And Burke said he does not remember a flashlight.

This is not equal to JR and BR saying they used a flashlight that night, as so many posts have said. Maybe JR said it privately somewhere, but DP says he thinks John said that. And it's pretty clear to me that DP joined the Lin Wood Ramsey Advocacy Team (LWRAT). Until I hear John say it, I'm skeptical. Because other sources for years have said the R's didn't recognize the flashlight, IIRC. Admitting otherwise is a huge change.

That said, I can't wait to see the CBS special. I agree with the poster who said it's likely there's something the CBS special will state about the flashlight that has made it a topic upon which DP focused. Maybe in Part 3 of DP JR will say something about it. Where there's smoke there's usually fire.
~RBBM~

Snipped from the year 2000 interview , a review of the flashlight.
10 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Mr. Ramsey, I know
11 that you were asked questions about a black
12 metal flashlight that was found in the house.
13 We have developed, since '98, some
14 information about that flashlight I would
15 like to ask you just a little bit about.
16 Is that the flashlight that you
17 habitually used, say for example, if your
18 power went out and you had candles lit in
19 your house? Do you know?
20 A. Not necessarily. And I don't
21 know that that was my flashlight. The
22 picture I saw, and I think I commented at
23 the time, was that that one was very dirty.
24 My flashlight, while it looked to be the
25 same size, mine was clean. And my son gave
1 it to me for a present. So that was the
2 issue that I saw. It kind of looks like
3 mine, but it's certainly filthy.
4 Q. May not be?
5 A. Yeah.

I said the very same thing from the start even before the interview was aired. For many there isn't anyway possible under the sun for any of the Ramseys to ever do or say anything right. It hasn't happened in almost 20 years and Burke's interview wasn't going to change that steadfast view, imo, which is why I wish he had never done this interview.

They had a chance to "do or say anything right' but chose to hire lawyers and keep their mouths shut before the child's body was removed from the house. You are right, BR should never had done this interview., he should have gone to BPD and talked with them. But then again, BPD doesn't pay for interviews.

I have seen the same in other unsolved cases where the family member/s just couldn't win the approval of the masses. They were also criticized if they smiled, criticized if they didn't cry, criticized if they cried too much which had to mean they were crocodile tears. A lot of times they are criticized for the way they looked or dressed or if they looked up or down while answering a question or how they spoke or how they answered the questions.

How many other unsolved cases is the child found brutally murdered in the home with a fake ransom note written on mommy's notepad with her pen in her penmanship where mommy and daddy lawyer up, refuse to be interviewed by LE but go on CNN for a media blitz interview instead. These parents' own behavior is what drove everyone to suspect them.

NEVER in the history of the FBI had there been a ransom note/kidnapping where the victim was found murdered in the home from which they were allegedly kidnapped, in a staged murder scene; or where the ransom note was written at the scene. NEVER.

This actually isn't anything new. The only thing really different is in this particular unsolved case it has gone on for almost 20 years while other cases where family members/parents were eyed with great criticism and accusations of guilt ...when appearing on television or when their child was found murdered...... they only had to endure it for a much shorter period of time when the real murderer was finally arrested removing the boulder off of their shoulders. Some of those parents endured the same thing for many months or even two or three years.

I am afraid none of the Rs will eve have the boulder lifted from their shoulders because they killed her. There is no pervert intruder who slid into the basement window.

Imo, there isn't anything worse for parents than their child's murder going unsolved with no one arrested. It even works that way for other family members as well. I remember there was a husband of one of the BTK victims who had to go through being accused as the one who murdered his wife. It took 22 years before BTK finally admitted he was the one who had murdered the man's wife. Until then he had remained the suspect. He said those 22 years of false allegations against him ruined his life.

The obvious difference is that there was a serial killer, BTK and in this case, there is just family.

I cant think of a worse accusation than others believing someone has killed their family member when they did not. How do they prove a negative? The truth is they cant.:( Nor should they have to prove their innocence either. That is not the way our country works.

I can't think of much worse either. But innocent people will cooperate with LE even if LE suspects them. That is the way innocent people work.

I felt Burke has been sheltered most of his life trying to protect him from all that was being said about him and his parents which has left him socially awkward and a shy introvert. The smile IMO, is the way he copes in uncomfortable situations when he is around others he doesn't know well. I don't think he even realizes he smiles so much. I certainly found nothing sinister about it knowing what he has gone through and how much loss he has endured in his short life.

BR was a socially awkward kid long before his sister was found bashed and strangled in their house. Dr. Glass, renowned body language expert, called his reaction to questions "duping delight", after seeing his DP interview. She also noted that him pretending to be asleep was deviant and the poopy candy was a violent act by someone who had hatred for JBR.

I would suspect when he is around his girlfriend or others he knows very well he is much more at ease. I would be nervous as heck too if I was in front of DP who is prone to be a bully and overbearing at times. DP probably had to meet with Burke for months to get him to feel somewhat at ease with him. DP probably went very slow at first with Burke seeing that he was very awkward talking to him and even opening up as much as he finally did. I think it took DP that long to get Burke this far so the interviews could be done.

He wouldn't be the first murderer who was able to hide his crime behind affected 'normal' behavior.

You are of course, free to opine that BR is the victim of the mean old BPD and the media but remember, his parents chose this path by going public on CNN and making themselves public figures. He has yet to speak to BPD but has now made himself a public figure by going on DP for monetary gain. He repulses me as much as his parents have over the years. None of them have ever been interested in finding the killer of their child. All their efforts were for damage control, obfuscation, deflection, and they went broke in the process. Ask yourself why anyone would go broke to keep from having to answer questions by the very department trying to solve their daughter's murder.

~RBBM~

Snipped from the year 2000 interview , a review of the flashlight.
10 Q. (By Mr. Levin) Mr. Ramsey, I know
11 that you were asked questions about a black
12 metal flashlight that was found in the house.
13 We have developed, since '98, some
14 information about that flashlight I would
15 like to ask you just a little bit about.
16 Is that the flashlight that you
17 habitually used, say for example, if your
18 power went out and you had candles lit in
19 your house? Do you know?
20 A. Not necessarily. And I don't
21 know that that was my flashlight. The
22 picture I saw, and I think I commented at
23 the time, was that that one was very dirty.
24 My flashlight, while it looked to be the
25 same size, mine was clean. And my son gave
1 it to me for a present. So that was the
2 issue that I saw. It kind of looks like
3 mine, but it's certainly filthy.
4 Q. May not be?
5 A. Yeah.

questfortrue,

It was PR who said she used the flashlight to check on JonBenet since the wall switch in her bedroom did not work.

If JR has told Dr Phil he used the flashlight that night, then it can only be that either his or/and JonBenet's touch-dna has been found on the flashlight by the CBS Production Team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FridayCrimeClub