Dr. Phil Interviews Burke Ramsey (9/12 & 9/13 2016)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amazing work, PositiveLight!

I keep going back to John saying that JB looked "very peaceful." It bears repeating: people who die violent deaths LOOK like people who die violent deaths.

Not always. My 23 year old son died in a vehicle accident in which he had multiple injuries and he looked peaceful in the coffin.

Not always. My 23 year old son died in a vehicle accident in which he had multiple injuries and he looked peaceful in the coffin.
I am so so sorry for your loss Karinna! That makes me so sad! *Hugs*!!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Huge hugs Karinna. I'm sorry to hear that *advertiser censored*

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It strikes me again, how this was supposed to be Burke's interview yet John pretty much took it over, same old narrative, inserting himself into the show. Was he afraid that Burke would spill the beans or ???

Thankyou. It is never easy when someone young dies, and as parents it never makes sense.
My mama still grieves over loosing my brother and he died in his sleep. It's not fair. Us parents aren't supposed to bury our babies. :( And they are always our babies no matter how old they are. Praying for you sweetie!

It strikes me again, how this was supposed to be Burke's interview yet John pretty much took it over, same old narrative, inserting himself into the show. Was he afraid that Burke would spill the beans or ???
Yes! He's constantly being interviewed. When I am completely done with all of the episodes, I'm going to separate Johns and Burkes to see how much the amount is. But yeah this isn't a true exclusive interview. A lot is fluff as you can see. Blegh. I hate that Dr. Phil isn't following up with questions after some of the things they say. THAT will be much different if the lawsuit goes to trial. I'm hoping that smirk gets taken off his face.

My mama still grieves over loosing my brother and he died in his sleep. It's not fair. Us parents aren't supposed to bury our babies. :( And they are always our babies no matter how old they are. Praying for you sweetie!

My heartfelt condolences for the loss of your brother PositiveLight, and your mama is so right, yes they are our babies no matter what age when they die. And Thankyou for your Prayers and i send mine too.

My heartfelt condolences for the loss of your brother PositiveLight, and your mama is so right, yes they are our babies no matter what age when they die. And Thankyou for your Prayers and i send mine too.
Thank you dear! <3 he was my only sibling and was an adult and I still can't "move on with my life" nor can my mama. I think that's why I'm so shocked at BRs statement that he was moving on with his life. Even now as an adult he doesn't show grief or sadness. He smiles almost like the Joker. It sets my teeth on edge and makes me angry. It's almost been 6 years and I still cry at the thought and remember every detail of that day. My brother died suddenly in his sleep of heart failure. I don't know what I would be like if he had been viciously murdered. But I do know one thing. I'd be turning over every single rock to find the killer.

I'm sorry to hear that, Karinna. More sorry than I can put into words. The way you speak of him, sounds like he was a good guy.

Even so, and you can tell me to go to Hell for pointing this out, I think we all realize that there's a difference between when a body is found and after the undertaker has done his work. John's referring to JB when he found her. As opposed to Patsy at the funeral who kept gushing how "perfect" she looked.

Dr. Phil Interview Episode 2

Opening sequence and snippets

911 call
Dispatcher- "What's your name? Are you Pat.."
PR- "Patsy Ramsey, I'm the mother. OH MY GOD!"

DP snippet talking with BR
DP- "There's a lot of debate about where you were when that 911 call was made."

Lawrence Schiller- "What took place on that tape has led to some of the conspiracy theories."

DP talking to BR
DP- "Police investigators say your voice was heard saying 'What did you find?' Did you
speak those words?"

Narrator (female)- "Autopsy results DID find undigested pineapple in JonBenet's stomach."

DP to BR- "Did you and she eat pineapple at any time during the day?"
BR- (huge grin and slight laugh looking to the right) "mm MAYBE?"
DP- "The leads investigator says that one of the reasons he believes that you are the culprit
here is that on the day of your sister's murder, you never asked about her welfare."

Narrator (male) "Plus.. What did JonBenet's young brother reveil to investigators?"

Lin Woods- "The police did talk to Burke unbeknownst to the Ramsey family."

DP- "It's been twenty years. What I'd like to do is show you some footage
from that interview. Nobody in the world has seen this before."

Narrator (male) - "The never before seen interrogation tapes of Burke Ramsey."
DP- "This was 13 days after JonBenet's murder."

Snippet of 9 year old Burke with SW- "What do you think happened to your sister?"
BR- "I think someone took her very quietly and..."
Video showing BR making the striking motion twice.

Narrator (male) - "Now Dr. Phil's exclusive interview with Burke Ramsey continues
from Boulder, Colorado."

Dr. Phil is walking on the sidewalk infront of the home where JonBenet was murdered.

DP- "The mystery of who killed six year old pageant queen JonBenet Ramsey on Christmas
night in 1996, is still an unsolved mystery after 20 years. The little girl's body
was found wrapped in a blanket in the basement of her family's home here in
Boulder, Colorado. The house is now hidden with trees, but the haunting memories still
remain in the forefront of America's mind. The Ramsey family insisted there was a
killer on the loose, but the Boulder Police didn't look far. They believed the
killer was someone inside this home. Someone in the Ramsey family. There were
3 people known to be in this house on the night JonBenet was murdered. Only one
has never spoken publically. Today, JonBenet's older brother Burke Ramsey reveals
more details about what he says happened the night his sister was murdered."

(2)
DP and BR still sitting across from each other.
DP- "Did you go to JonBenet's funeral?"
BR- "Yeah.. yup."

Snippet from funeral showing JonBenet's small wood coffin covered in flowers.
News snippet- "The body of six year old JonBenet Ramsey was laid to rest in
Atlanta today. But the mystery surrounding her strangulation is far from over."

BR to DP- "Yeah I remember the viewing. (looking down to the left.) I remember
the casket was small and her eyes were closed and I think one of her eyes was a little
bit like droopy or something (reaching up to his own right eye to show where). I
thought that was weird. (smile)."
DP- "How did you feel seeing her?"
BR- "Alot of sadness. I don't think I really fully grasped like after this I won't
see her again. I remember my parents being really upset. Can remember my dad
leaning down and giving her a kiss."
DP- "Did you have anything to say to her when you saw her in her casket?"
BR- "(smiling) ahh I just kinda stood there I guess and in kinda disbelief or
I don't remember if I put anything in it."
DP- "Was it tramatizing to see her?"
BR- "That was weird. That was tramatizing a little bit (smiling looking down to left).
(stammers) I don..I.. Had I ever been to a funeral before period? I'm
not sure?" (still smiling)
DP- "Who was with you when you were standing and viewing her?"
BR- "Me my mom and my dad."
DP- "How were they behaving?"
BR- "You could tell my dad loved my sister a lot and they were both crying and
saying goodbye I guess."
DP- "In the days after the funeral as a 9 year old watching your parents go
through this, were you concerned about your mother?"
BR- "I don't think I was thinking about it THAT in depth (smiling). I think I
was just wanting people to be not sad and I mean she would cry and cry and she
would maybe fall asleep or something and then she would like start crying again.
(bigger smile) They told me to come upstairs and comfort her."

News snippet- "While the police can not force someone to talk, there are several
key people investigators would like to question. Tops on the list, John and
Patsy Ramsey as well as their son Burke. All three talked with detectives early
in the investigation but recently they refused to take any more questions.
Questions the police want answered."

Lawrence Schiller- "During the course of this case, we can point to many things
the Ramsey's did wrong but you can also point at horrible things that the
police did. You know within a day or two of this tragic death, John Ramsey
who has every right to take the body of his daughter back to Atlanta and bury
her, but the police hadn't gotten the type of interviews they felt they wanted
or maybe should have had. So the head of the detectives John Eller (sp)
threatens and says I'm not going to release the body unless you give me the
interviews. The District Attorney, Alex Hunter, almost killed him. You know
unconstitutionally he can't do it. This is EXACTLY the problems that started to
build between the police and the Ramsey's. Which made the Ramsey's more
defensive. Made the police more aggressive and in the middle of it is Alex
Hunter and his team trying to figure out is there probable cause. Were the
Ramsey's involved?"

(3)
Snippet of first TV interview on CNN-
PR- "America is suffering because they they have lost faith in the American
family."

DP and JR speaking now.
DP- "You went on CNN with Patsy and how did that go? "
JR- "That was the last thing that we wanted to do but our friends were
really pressuring us to do that. They saw this tide flowing against us
and this swelling of suspicion I guess and they said no you've gotta you've
gotta do an interview you've got to go on television yu gotta show who you
are and that will stop this."

Snippet of CNN interview
PR- "I will tell my friends to keep ..keep.. your babies close to you...
there's someone out there.."

DP to JR- "As you look back on that, was that a mistake?"
JR- "Yeah."
DP- "Why?"
JR- "Well for several reasons. One it served no purpose. We're..we're in a
state of shock. And secondly, once you participate in the public arena, you
become a public figure."

News snippet- "Nearly a week later, crime scene investigators are still
combing through the home. Police haven't named any suspects, but curiously they
are saying the public at large is not in any danger. That there is not a random
killer on the loose."

Candice DeLong, FBI Profiler- "It didn't help the Ramsey's image that they stopped
cooperating with the police. The police went public right after the first CNN interview
that John and Patsy gave."

CNN interview snippet-
PR "There's someone out there."

Candice DeLong- "There's a bad guy out there roaming the streets. It wasn't convincing.
And the police had a press conference and said don't worry. There's no bad guy out there."

Leslie Durgin, Boulder Mayor press conference- "People in Boulder have no need to fear that
there is someone wandering the streets of Boulder looking for young children to attack."

Candice DeLong- "It was easier for people to believe the Ramseys were involved because
that meant there is no bad guy walking around."

DP to BR- "Were you aware of these different theories that are out there? Theories that you
killed your sister, theories that your mother killed JonBenet, and theories that an
intruder killed JonBenet. That seems to be the three camps that people talk about."
BR- (smiling) "Yeah I mean I know that we're suspects. I didn't know there were "camps" I guess."
DP- "And these are people that post online. The shorthand is RDI- Ramsey Did It, IDI-
Intruder did it or BDI- Burke did it. Do you know the theories that they set forth in saying
that your mom killed JonBenet?"
BR- "I don't know the details, but I know the ransom note they think the handwriting matched."
DP- "Have you seen it? Have you read it?"
BR- (deep sigh looking up to the left) "I don't think I've read the whole thing. I definitely
seen pictures of it though."
DP- "Did the handwriting look familiar to you at all? Had you seen it ever before? (showing
BR the ransom note pictures)"
BR- "uhh no. I feel like the 'Listen Carefully' is very distinct. I've never really seen that.
I don't know I've never really looked at it closely cause I will see it and kinda get taken
aback and... it's not something I really want to look at. (short laugh) like a lot you know?"
DP- "Right. Does that look like her handwriting?"
BR- "Hah. Honestly looking at that, she would always bug me about having good handwriting and
she would like make me rewrite stuff to get me to have good handwriting.. and (laughing and
smiling) I think it's too sloppy."

Candice DeLong- "The police became convinced very quickly that either both of the Ramsey's
or one of them was responsible for this and that Patsy wrote the ransom note."

News snippet- "Sources also say the writer of the note appeared to have been a woman and
there was deception in the printing style. Certain letters were also disguised in what
sources say was an attempt to confuse police. The father has been rulled out as the author
of the note but the police have requested a 5th handwriting sample from the mother of
JonBenet."

(4)
Snippet from Ramsey Deposition 2001
Male interviewer- "Now I'm going to ask you to look at the handwriting beneath the document
(Rainbow Fish Players photo) and I'm going to ask you if you recognise that handwriting."
JR- "I do not."
Interviewer- "Could it be your wife's handwriting?"
JR- "I don't recognize it. It doesn't look like Patsy's writing. It's sloppy its irregular
I would not look at that and say that's Patsy's handwriting."
Interviewer- "Thank you."

Lawrence Schiller- "Patsy Ramsey gives a handwriting sample. Patsy cannot be 100% excluded
but they can't prove it's her handwriting. And that of course makes the police even more
suspicious."

Lin Wood- "The law enforcement handwriting experts had concluded that on a 1 to 5 scale,
5 being elimination-didn't write it- Patsy Ramsey was scored at between 4 and 4.5.
Virtually eliminated. But they couldn't eliminate her. They should have but they couldn't
because if you eliminate Patsy you have totally blown out of the water the
Boulder Police Department's theory that they went with that it had to be John. Nope we decide
it's not John so it must have been Patsy."

CNN LKL interview-
Steve Thomas- "My theory is quite simple. Whoever authored the ransom note killed the child."
Larry King- "You're contention is SHE wrote the note (pointing at PR)"
Steve Thomas- "I do."
PR- (Has her hand up blocking Thomas's face) "You must have conjured something in your head
for you to come out and call me a murdererof my child."

Candice DeLong- "The police believed that Patsy lost her temper with JonBenet in the
middle of the night when she wet the bed."

Snippet of Police Interrogation of Patsy Ramsey-
Tom Haney- "Somebody gets upset over bedwetting, that's one of the things that's been
proposed."

Candice DeLong- "And that Patsy threw her against a hard surface in the bathroom, fracturing
her skull. Then she got scared and she took her down to the basement and staged a sex crime.
And because she wasn't dead yet, finished her off. By Strangulation. Covered her up. Then
went upstairs and wrote what appeared to be a ransom note and then at 5:30 in the morning,
started screaming that JonBenet was gone."

DP to BR- "And have you heard that theory?"
BR- "I've heard the cover-up part. I haven't heard the wet the bed, the rage thing."

Det. Schuler police interrogation of BR- "What do you remember about that, about JonBenet
wetting the bed or wetting her pants?"
BR- "I just remember she wet her bed."
Det. Schuler- "What would happen when JonBenet would wet her bed? What would...
what would mom or dad do?"
BR- "Mom would change the sheets and all that stuff. And dad wouldn't really do
anything. He had to go to work in the morning."

(5)
DP to BR- "Did JonBenet wet the bed?"
BR- "Yeah I mean you know..did you wet the bed at 6 (looking up)? I don't remember.
Maybe? I definitely remember like her and me like wetting the bed a couple of times a week.
2 or 3 times a week and its just (smiling and laughing possibly embarrassed?)you know and I
think every kid does that I mean you just have to um it would be kind of embarrassing but
parents would just clean it up." (looking to the right and up)

News snippet (with the last picture of JonBenet and Patsy that Christmas morning)
"The police theory was that Patsy killed her daughter accidently out of frustration."

DP to BR- "You cannot recall a time in..in your life that you ever saw your mother
fly into a rage?"

Narrator (male) - "Coming up: DP speaking to JR
DP- "There are people then and now that speculate that this woman brutally murdered her
own daughter in the most goulish of ways that you can imagine."
Narrator - "and later...."
DP speaking to BR- "Did you hit your sister over the head with a baseball bat? Had you
ever violately attacked her before? Did you ever sexually abuse JonBenet?"

Commercial- 3 minutes

Snippet of CBS 48 hours
Interviewer- "Did your daughter have a bedwetting incident that night? Did you get up
get angry and did you hurt her?"
PR- "No I did not. I don't know what else to say. How else do you say no except,
NO. No means no."

Back to DP and Burke-
DP- "You cannot recall a time in in your life that you ever saw your mother fly into
a rage."
BR- (smile more subdued) "No."
DP- "Did you ever see her throw anything?"
BR- "No."
DP- "Did you ever see her break anything in a fit of anger? crr...smash anything?"
BR- "No."
DP- "Dishes, lamp.."
BR- "nope."
DP- "Throw anything at your father?"
BR- "No."
DP- "She wasn't into corporal punishment? She didn't spank y'all?"
BR- "No. No we never got ..yeah we didn't get spanked. Just nothing of the sort. (looking
down and to the right) Not even close. And obviously she never got upset but nothing
NEAR like laying a finger on us. You know. Let alone killing her child."

(6)
May 1, 1997 interview snippet-
PR- "I'm appauled that anyone would think that John or I would be involved in such a
(eyes closed) hideous hainous crime."

Candice DeLong- "Patsy had an image problem a very big one."

Back to interview in May 1997-
PR- "I loved that child (said with eyes closed)"

Candice DeLong- "She didn't fit the image of what people thought a grieving innocent mother
of a murdered child looks like. Patsy was composed on camera and I think it unnerved people.
Why isn't she crying? Why isn't she sobbing? Factor in that they were wealthy, well
educated, Patsy was a beauty contest winner, They had it all."

Snippet from a pageant where JonBenet is singing "I want to be a cowboy sweetheart"

Candice DeLong- "When it was revealed that JonBenet was in beauty pageants at such
a young age, and the ugly underbelly of that world was revealed, it didn't help.
It made it easy for people to look at Patsy and go 'Uh HUH. YOU probably did this.'"

Snippet of JonBenet being introduced on stage in the black and white checkered outfit
with black handheld mask that she peaks from behind.

DP to BR-
DP- "Did you go to the pageants very much?"
BR- "Yeah. I mean I remember I remember like one of the pageants or something
she just like She'd go and just like you know (pretending to pull something off)
Flaunt whatever on stage (smiling big) and she wasn't shy I guess."
DP- "Right. and did you feel left out of that or was that okay with you?"
BR- "No I mean it was totally fine. I spent a lot of time with my mom too."
DP- "Did your mother have fun this or was she a stage mom?"
BR- "I think she had fun with it. I mean she did pageants. She was like Miss
West Virginia."

(7)
DP- "Uhuh."
BR- "So I think it was kind of a fun thing."
DP- "Was she a pushy type or did she go with the flow?"
BR- "No I don't remember her being pushy at all.(smiling)"
DP- "Yeah. Little girls sometimes get LOTS of attention."
BR- "Yeah."
DP- "Did you ever feel like she got all of the attention?"
BR- "No that was never an issue. It was just normal to me."

Snippet of JonBenet modeling in the dress with the White top and poofy sleeves and
royal blue skirt as the emcee reads outloud about her. "JonBenet enjoys painting,
drawing and roller blading."

DP back to JR- "There are people then and now still that speculate that this woman
killed her own daughter. Not just killed her own daughter but brutally murdered her
own daughter in the most goulish of ways that you can imagine."
JR- "People that think that show a profound lack of common sense. It makes me angry
I mean it particularly makes me angry now that Patsy's gone. She has no ability
to fight for her reputation. It's cruel humanity."

Snippet from Police Interrogation of PR-
Tom Haney- "If I told you right now that we have trace evidence that appears to link
you to the death of JonBenet. What would you tell me?"
PR- "That is totally impossible."

Candice DELong- "The police drew a bead, which means pointing their metaphorical
guns at her pretty quickly. They were absolutely convinced that Patsy must be the
killer."

DP to BR- "Let me change the subject now and kinda transition back to that morning
during that time that your mother made that 911 call."

Snippet of 911 call
Dispatcher- "Ok, what's your name? Are you Pat.."
PR- "Patsy Ramsey, I'm the mother. OH MY GOD!"

DP to BR- "Have you ever heard that 911 call?"
BR- "Ohhh it's been brought up. (looking down and to the left and drumming fingers)
A bunch of times because (smiling) they think I'm on it or something."
DP- "Police investigators say that your voice was heard at the end of the 911 call.
Were you there when that call was made?"

Commercial. (3.5 min)

(8)
Today show snippet- "Few crimes in recent memory have captivated and horrified the
entire nation like that involving JonBenet Ramsey. She was found murdered in her
home in December 1996."

Narrator (female)- A key piece of evidence is the 911 call that Patsy Ramsey made to
police at 5:52 am. on December 26, 1996."

911 call snippet-
Dispatcher- "Do you know how long she's been gone?"
PR- "No I don't! Please we just got up and she's not here. Oh my God please!"

DP to BR
DP- "Have you ever heard that 911 call?"
BR- "Ohhh it's been brought up. (looking down and to the left and drumming fingers)
A bunch of times because (smiling) they think I'm on it or something."

Lawrence Schiller- "John says call 911 and of course Patsy goes and grabs the phone
and calls 911. But, when she hung it up, she thought she had hung it up completely
and months later police discovered there were other voices heard. Now, those voices
have come into somewhat dispute. Some people say they hear Burke's voice. You know
in the distance."

Narrator (female)- "It was 5:52 am when Patsy Ramsey made the 911 call from this wall phone
in her kitchen to report her daughter was missing."

911 call snippet-
Dispatcher- "Patsy! Patsy? Patsy? Patsy?"

Narrator (female)- "Just what happened after Patsy hung up the phone has been debated in
law enforcement circles. One former Boulder Police Detective, Steve Thomas believes
after Patsy hung up the phone didn't really disconnect. In his book, 'JonBenet: Inside
the Ramsey Murder Investigation, Thomas claimed that by enhancing the tape you could hear
John and Patsy talking to their son Burke. He claims that's important because the
Ramsey's reportedly told police their son was asleep at the time of the call. If true
Thomas claims it suggests the family was already altering their story right from the start."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iwantapuppy