Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session Greenberg responds: “Frankly, I don’t follow the argument.” Judge: “None of the case law submitted to this point says what the State is arguing. I don’t see how we can make a resolution to this without looking at the applicable law . . . so I guess I’ll have to see that case law before I can make a decision.” Greenberg: “So we should tell Mr. Smith to come back another day?” Judge: “I don’t want to do that . . . but I’m going to have to see this case law, if it’s out there, to support what they’re arguing . . . so will everybody be ready to go with this argument first thing tomorrow morning? . . . we will convene with regard to this argument at 8:30 tomorrow morning.”

In Session The defense apparently has one more witness available this afternoon. The judge leaves the bench, pending the procurement of that witness. The trial is in a brief recess.

IIRC, he never wrote on his report that Drew was present during the interview with Stacy. correct? Is that going to be a problem for the state now?

Back from the store and once again trying to catch up. I certainly hope that the fact that investigators neglected to put on the report that Drew was present gives the Defense mega heartburn.

Just caught up. Wow! The DT has done an amazing job for the PT!

Thanks to the defense because now the case is making much more sense to me...DP behavior smells of mid life crisis from what i have read about the subject...with Savio out of the picture, the money, the kids, everything was his...Stacy knew what happened and he wouldn't let her at any of that money...again, my opinion on a possible scenario...I may have missed the reason though to why did DP give his son 3 guns and the money...could the guns have been murder weapons? I'm still trying to make sense out of all this...may Kathy and Stacy get justice and peace
Well, maybe. Just not this murder?!!!

In Session It appears that the defense is hoping to call Thomas Peterson – the elder of the defendant’s two sons with Kathleen Savio – as its next witness. The prosecution, however, has objected to this testimony, and so both sets of attorneys are back in chambers with the judge.

In Session The sidebar ends. Patton: “Didn’t he also tell you that the defendants said the laughter was the result of Savio getting all his money?” “Yes.” “Didn’t he also tell you that the defendant said, ‘My life would be much easier if she were dead?” “Yes.”

Another good one for the prosecution.

:waitasec: So, this is a witness for the Defense?

That poor kid. What the heck can he possibly say about what happened that night? He was sound asleep. The DT should be ashamed of calling him to the stand. But they have no shame. This is the same group of tools who chuckled and said " Stacy whO ?" This is the same group of meatheads who put Stacy on their witness list.

If the DT brings up what SP said to the attorney about what she knew about KP's murder, would that not open the door for the PT to bring up that she never followed up with him cause she disappeared? And what did happen to the life ins money? Did the sister ever get control of it? Sorry if ot right now.

defense calls Illinois State Police special agent Darrin Devine.

[ wonder what happened to Thomas?]

Jury back in courtroom, council calls ISP special agent Darren Devine to the stand #DrewPeterson - worked under supervisor Poortinga

defense does not call Tom Peterson after huddle. Calls Illinois state police investigator Darren Devine instead
Devine says he was assigned to work on Savio death investigation in 2007. He left the unit in April...

In June 2008, Devine interviewed Savio friend Kristin Anderson. Devine says Anderson made no mention of Savio sleeping w/ knife under bed...

[ and?]

Judge Burmila is back on the bench. He sends for the jury. The jurors are now back in the courtroom. The defense calls its next witness: Darrin Devine. He is a special agent for the Illinois State Police. He is questioned by Joe Lopez. On June 6, 2008, he interviewed Kristin Anderson. “Did she ever indicate anything about Ms. Savio keeping a knife under her mattress?” “No.” That ends the direct examination of this witness.

Judge Burmila is back on the bench. He sends for the jury. The jurors are now back in the courtroom. The defense calls its next witness: Darrin Devine. He is a special agent for the Illinois State Police. He is questioned by Joe Lopez. On June 6, 2008, he interviewed Kristin Anderson. “Did she ever indicate anything about Ms. Savio keeping a knife under her mattress?” “No.” That ends the direct examination of this witness.

Seriously????? :floorlaugh: :panic:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member