Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session “When someone falls in a bathtub, would this be considered an uncontrollable fall?” “Yes, because you don’t intend to fall in a bathtub. And obviously you’ve lost control if you fall.” “Dr. Blum has opined to this jury that this is a homicide. And one of the key factors that he cites is that she is not splayed and sprawled in the tub. Do you agree or disagree?’ “I would disagree. She’s fallen, hit the left side of her head, the left side of her body, and so she’s going in sideways. And you don’t always splay. People fall different ways; it depends on how your weight is. Your arms aren’t always going to go in the same position.”

Must have been a graceful fall because she neither displaced the water in the tub nor did she knock anything down as she fell and still managed to knock herself out and bruise the left side of her body. jmo

DiMaio told jurors Savio's final position in the tub is not unusual, that it was just pure chance: “She’s too tall for the tub”...

[He has already said that a couple of times...pure chance...

And he admitted it is one in a few million chances that she would have drowned anyway...]

#DrewPeterson DiMaio "(Savio) slipped as a result of a combo of a slick bathtub--no bathmat there..A lot of women's chemicals contain oil"....

[ NO bathmat there...good point. lol Why not I wonder?]

Women's chemicals? Please please tell me he is referring to bath oils and products, not truly "Women's chemicals".

abbie:moo:

In Session According to Dr. DiMaio, it’s his position that Kathleen Savio probably slipped as she was attempting to get out of the tub. “She probably slipped as a combination of a slick bathtub . . . no mat there . . .you’re getting up, there’s a plastic container of hair shampoo . . . it means she’s using chemicals. A lot of women’s chemicals contain oils: bath oil, coconut oil.” Objection/Sustained. “There’s a whole bunch of materials there.” Objection/Sustained. “Do you recall whether she used body lotions?” “There’s materials that look like body lotions, but I cannot swear. The other factor is if you lie in a bathtub . . . if you lie in warm water, your body gets hot, and it cools itself by dilating the blood vessels. And your blood pressure falls . . .you are also lying in a semi-horizontal position. And when you start to stand up, your blood starts to go down to your legs. And the heart takes a while to get the blood pressure up get the blood to the heart, to the brain. And you feel dizzy. Some people always get it; some people get it occasionally . . .that could be a contributory factor, along with a slippery tub and no bath mat.”

Di Maio: when a person gets up out of hot bathwater they could feel dizzy, which could contribute to a fall....

[ Oh gotcha. She was 'dizzy' from the hot bathwater.,..and those woman's chemicals are so slippery...surprising she never fell before. .. It's amazing any of us here are alive, given that extreme danger of bathwater and womens' oily chmicals...]

In Session “The laceration on her head . . . she had a horizontal laceration, not a vertical one?” “Correct.” “Is that indicative to you that this was a homicide?” “No, the configuration of the laceration is purely random. You have the curved surface of the tub being contacted by the curved surfaces of the head. When they hit, some of the tears may be horizontal, vertical . . . it’s pure chance . . . all you know is the force was marked, because she’s got a laceration. She hit with significant force to get a laceration.”

Re: horizontal laceration on head, DiMaio says orientation is "pure chance." ..

[Oops..there it is again..PURE CHANCE... oh Lord. Sounds like this poor woman just DIED by pure chance...]

oh, ok. The longer version of his testimony makes more sense re: women's chemicals.

Why would body lotion matter if she was getting OUT of the tub? Lotion would have washed off, and she certainly didn't apply lotion while in the tub, prior to getting out.

Some of his testimony I agree with, regarding warm water/ getting up out of tub and being dizzy- a form of orthostatic hypotension, is he trying to say?

abbie moo

Di Maio: when a person gets up out of hot bathwater they could feel dizzy, which could contribute to a fall....

[ Oh gotcha. She was 'dizzy' from the hot bathwater.,..and those woman's chemicals are so slippery...surprising she never fell before. .. It's amazing any of us here are alive, given that extreme danger of bathwater and womens' oily chmicals...]

Not to mention they did not test her skin for the presence of oil, chemicals, or lotion....how convienent.

:moo:

#DrewPeterson DiMaio "(Savio) slipped as a result of a combo of a slick bathtub--no bathmat there..A lot of women's chemicals contain oil"....[ NO bathmat there...good point. lol Why not I wonder?]

Same type of oils that would leave a bloody ring around the bathtub as it emptied, right?

[Oops..there it is again..PURE CHANCE... oh Lord. Sounds like this poor woman just DIED by pure chance...]

So in other words, he is throwing any scientific bearing on his opinions, everything is just "pure chance"? Like his testimony is "pure bull manure"?

iMaio: Nothing unusual about placement of Savio's toes. "It's just pure chance how the toes are."..

DiMaio told jurors Savio's final position in the tub is not unusual, that it was just pure chance: “She’s too tall for the tub”...

NOTICE A PATTERN HERE? None of this means anything, it is ALL pure chance how she was left in the tub...[ BS]

If Kathy had had problems with oily skin breakouts why would she ever use oil in her bath?????????? And wasn't there testimony that the tub walls were clean? This doctor does not know what was on the shelf around the tub but is assuming there were oils in the tub and that she would use oil in the tub without a mat for safety???? jmo

oh, ok. The longer version of his testimony makes more sense re: women's chemicals.

Why would body lotion matter if she was getting OUT of the tub? Lotion would have washed off, and she certainly didn't apply lotion while in the tub, prior to getting out.

Some of his testimony I agree with, regarding warm water/ getting up out of tub and being dizzy- a form of orthostatic hypotension, is he trying to say?

abbie moo

But when you feel a bit dizzy from the hot water, do you quickly stand straight up in the tub? Or do you sit and get your balance and then CRAWL out carefully...

DiMaio: with hard strike to head, you "either lose consciousness for a short time or you're sort of stunned."

[ sorry, but if you are just sort of stunned, then you are NOT going to drown.]

DiMaio says Savio was "at least" stunned, took water into the throat and inhaled reflexively...[ I call bull]

Pathologist DiMaio says Savio was either "stunned or unconscious" after she slammed her head...then slipped under the water

DiMaio says Savio would've been knocked out for 4-5 minutes and had no reaction when went under the water...

I don't know what is going on with InSession, but as soon as something comes up I will post it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18