Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Di Maio: There was no injury to the diaphragm. Discoloration was an artifact.

Di Maio: In all medical probability, (Savio's death) was an accident.

[ even though the statistical evidence puts an adult drowning at one in a few million chances?]

In Session “If you hit something hard and break the skin, the blood vessels are temporarily crushed. The bleeding takes maybe one or two or three seconds, and then you can move on . . .you see that sometimes with paper cuts. The other thing is she’s got heavy hair. So even if there was some minimal transfer, the heavy hair is going to just wipe everything off. So you’re not going to see anything.”

"Pure Chance" when your Ex threatens to kill you and you happen to end up dead :maddening:

In Session “Can you age or date a bruise?” “You can say it’s recent or it’s old; that’s about it. The methods use to age bruises are color and microscopic examinations. The problem with color is if you bang yourself and get a purple bruise, it’s usually purple for a day or two or three. Sometimes, for some people, a purple bruise just fades, and there’s never a color change. If you examine microscopically, it’s not reliable; you could look at a bruise that’s two hours old and see a microscopic change. You can look at a bruise that’s a day old, and there’s no microscopic changes at all . . . it’s just not reliable. So, the most you can say about a bruise is to say ‘it looks recent’ or ‘it looks old.’ The science is just not there.”

My opinion in all probability it was an accident"--Dr DiMaio "Do you have any doubt?"--Defense "No"--DiMaio

State asks for a moment before starting cross, jury sent out, brief recess.

iMaio: Nothing unusual about placement of Savio's toes. "It's just pure chance how the toes are."..

DiMaio told jurors Savio's final position in the tub is not unusual, that it was just pure chance: “She’s too tall for the tub”...

Re: horizontal laceration on head, DiMaio says orientation is "pure chance." ..

NOTICE A PATTERN HERE? None of this means anything, it is ALL pure chance how she was left in the tub...[ BS]

In Session All Dr. DiMaio can say about Savio’s bruises is “they look recent . . . the medical science just isn’t there.” “Do you have an opinion if when Ms. Savio struck her head she was rendered unconscious?” “Yes, I have an opinion . . . an impact hard enough to tear the skin, you’re hitting very hard. When you hit very hard, you get a concussion, which is a disturbance in your mental processes. You will either lose consciousness for a short time, or you will be sort of stunned . . . you’re helpless, and you just lie there. In all medical probability, she had to be at a minimum stunned, if not rendered unconscious for a period of time. And that’s my opinion why she drowned; she slid into the water . . . once you’ve inhaled the water, you in a sense smother. Your oxygen supply is decreased, and eventually cut off entirely.”

In Session “You shouldn’t see any physical damage with a concussion. A concussion is basically physiological . . . if a force is not in the concussion range, the axons are to a degree injured, but not killed. Certain substances will start to leak out, and certain substances will start to leak in . . . it kind of has pumps in the wall of the axon. When you get trauma like this, the cells aren’t functioning, and you lose consciousness; the axons have sort of short-circuited the whole process . . . to know that you’ve lost one or two cells, you’ve got to live so that you can see that the cells are dying. But it doesn’t have to die in a concussion. A concussion is a relatively mild form of injury to the brain.” “This sort of axonal damage wouldn’t be readily apparent until about two hours later?” “Yeah, one or two hours. The person has to live one to two hours, and then die.” “So it would be invisible at first?” “Yes . . . CAT scans and MRIs don’t pick up concussions at all.”

In Session According to Dr. DiMaio, brain damages occurs within four to five minutes after a person has lost their oxygen supply. After seven or eight minutes, a person can’t be resuscitated.

In Session “Dr. Baden, during the third autopsy, discovered reddish clumps on the diaphragm?” “Yeah, he reported an area of discoloration.” “At some point, he made slides of that diaphragm?” “Yes.” “Did you look at those slides under a microscope?” “Yes . . . there’s no injury. He saw an area of discoloration that was not seen on the first or second autopsies . . . this was just an artifact, which is not unusual because of the color changes that occur after death . . . it’s actually pretty hard to damage the diaphragm . . . there’s nothing there.”

In Session View As Web Page
“Are you aware of the opinion of Dr. Jeffrey Jentzen . . .” Objection. The parties head to a sidebar.
4 minutes ago · Like · 2
In Session View As Web Page
The sidebar ends. “Were you able to come to a conclusion with respect to what the manner of death of Ms. Kathleen Savio Peterson was?’ “Yes . . . in my opinion, in all probability, it was an accident.” “Do you have any doubt as to that opinion?” “No . . . I stand on the circumstances, the autopsy findings. It’s my opinion that it’s an accident, due to a fall.”
3 minutes ago · Like · 1
In Session Attorney Meczyk says that he has now finished his direct examination of Dr. DiMaio. The judge decides to take a recess at this time. He excuses the jurors, and leaves the bench.
3 minutes ago · Like · 1

expert witness DiMaio echoes what Jentzen said earlier. My colleague Matt Walberg says jurors paid attention, took notes....

[I am glad they took notes. Because I don't think they did that much damage to the state's case. It was just 'opinion' and they did not have anything totally conclusive. imo]

I am one who is of the opinion that KS was drowned in the toilet. IMO, that would explain the bruises on her clavicles, Drew holding her down hard against the toilet to keep her face in the water. Further, if she somehow raised up a bit and he slammed or even pushed her back into the toilet, that could explain the bruising to her diaphragm. Even some breast bruises could have come from there. jmo.

If KS was dead, and was dead weight, and DP picked her up around the waist area to dump her body in the tub, he could have bruised her diaphragm that way too.

I have done a-plenty throwing up (from illness) in the past several years and while I am not going to go back to my toilet to try this theory out, I am 100% sure where those areas on KS would coincide with areas on me where I have spent a considerable amount of time throwing up and my clavicles did make contact with the toilet rim, grose that it is, it's true.

Also, for the past 12 years I have had balance issues, I have 2 bad knees from avascular necrosis, and I have NEVER fallen in my tub.

DT is asking sensible people to abandon their common sense and believe a fairy tale about slipping, falling, landing as she did, is so ridiculous I don't see how DT can suggest these things with a straight face.

If it wasn't so tragic, I might be :floorlaugh:.

abbie:moo:

BBM

First, I'm sorry for your health issues. Hope things are better for you.

But I'm not snipping this because this is soooooooo worth repeating so I'll quote it again:

DT is asking sensible people to abandon their common sense and believe a fairy tale about slipping, falling, landing as she did

AND.......they also want sensible people to believe EVERYONE ELSE IS LYING except their client.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it IS their client accused of murder, right?

And correct me if I'm wrong, but it IS their client who has a missing 4th wife, right?

Yeah, I'll agree with one thing this guy said: 'anything is possible'.
But it doesn't make it likely, reasonable, probable or believable.

Did the DT ever establish that there was ever water in the tub? All this is meaningless if there was no water in the tub!

“Do you have an opinion if when Ms. Savio struck her head she was rendered unconscious?” “Yes, I have an opinion . . . an impact hard enough to tear the skin, you’re hitting very hard. When you hit very hard, you get a concussion, which is a disturbance in your mental processes. You will either lose consciousness for a short time, or you will be sort of stunned . . . you’re helpless, and you just lie there. In all medical probability, she had to be at a minimum stunned, if not rendered unconscious for a period of time. And that’s my opinion why she drowned; she slid into the water . . . once you’ve inhaled the water, you in a sense smother.

Okay, so this jury heard the letter that Stacy wrote, detailing the death threats. And they heard about the attempt to hire a hitman. And they know that Stacy caught him sneaking in that night with womens clothing to wash, and then she went missing for good... But the defense wants the jury to believe that Kathleen just got a little dizzy, was stunned, slid underwater and drowned, as her body was left in a random position by chance. And these types of drownings in a healthy adult are one in a few million...

nice try...lol

Judge Burmila is back on the bench. He sends for the jury. The jurors are back in the courtroom, and the trial resumes. Prosecutor Glasgow begins his cross-examination of Dr. Dimaio. “One of your main specialties is gunshots?” “Yes.” “Whether or not one is rendered unconscious, that ventures to the neurological end of things?” “Yes.” “There’s a board certification for neuropathology?” “That’s correct.” “And you don’t currently hold that certification?” “That’s correct.”

In Session According to Dr. DiMaio, Dr. Mitchell’s autopsy was up to professional standards. “One of the issues you originally had was that there wasn’t evidence of a struggle?” “Correct, that there was no pattern of injuries suggestive of a struggle.” The witness is then challenged by one of his own works, which reflects that grabbing a victim’s legs and pulling them under can result in drowning.” Objection/Overruled. The defense asks for a sidebar.

I'd really like to see the bathtub brought into the courtroom and the defense attorneys used in a demonstration showing how their theory of how she slipped and fell into the fetal position..............:yesss:

Oh me too! Me too! Like Kelly Siegler acting out the stabbing in the Susan Wright trial.

That's why I asked a few pages back exactly what would it take for Glasgow to be able to bring in a tub? Glasgow said "if they get to use this demonstrative aid we'll have to bring in a bathtub...." and the Judge allowed the DT to use the aid.....so now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18