Drew Peterson's Trial *FIFTH WEEK* part one

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In Session The witness and the jurors return to the courtroom. “If we could just go through the injuries found by Dr. Mitchell at the first autopsy . . . there’s a one inch blunt laceration on the scalp?” “Yes.” “That’s where you’ve testified she struck her head on the tub?” “Yes.” “In your book, you suggest that smooth surfaces tend to produce irregular, Y-shaped injuries?” “Yes, that’s right, they tend to.” The witness is then shown a photo from one of his books, showing a laceration caused by a blow from a baseball bat. “That type of laceration is very similar to the one on Kathy Savio’s head?” “That’s right . . . but it just depends; there’s variations.” “You have no idea if she even did fall how she fell? The angle that she might have hit something, you can’t know that for certain?” “To a degree, it’s chance . . . the problem with the head is it’s a round surface with some flat areas . . . so the laceration that’s produced, you can’t say exactly what it’s going to be . . . if you hit somebody in the head, you generally get a linear laceration.”

Pros cross "You have no idea how she fell". DiMaio says "No (defensvely) I said you can't tell how old the laceration is!"

In Session The witness and the jurors return to the courtroom. “If we could just go through the injuries found by Dr. Mitchell at the first autopsy . . . there’s a one inch blunt laceration on the scalp?” “Yes.” “That’s where you’ve testified she struck her head on the tub?” “Yes.” “In your book, you suggest that smooth surfaces tend to produce irregular, Y-shaped injuries?” “Yes, that’s right, they tend to.” The witness is then shown a photo from one of his books, showing a laceration caused by a blow from a baseball bat. “That type of laceration is very similar to the one on Kathy Savio’s head?” “That’s right . . . but it just depends; there’s variations.” “You have no idea if she even did fall how she fell? The angle that she might have hit something, you can’t know that for certain?” “To a degree, it’s chance . . . the problem with the head is it’s a round surface with some flat areas . . . so the laceration that’s produced, you can’t say exactly what it’s going to be . . . if you hit somebody in the head, you generally get a linear laceration.”

There it is again. Pure CHANCE. Poor Kathleen, real bad luck I guess.

In Session Dr. DiMaio agrees that the laceration to Savio’s head was caused “with significant force.” “That galea has not been penetrated?” “Right.” “There’s no skull fracture, and no other damage below the skull?” “That’s right.” “You’re indicating this injury was called by this headlong fall with substantial force hitting the tub?” “Right.” “The next injury Dr. Mitchell documents is an abrasion on the left buttock . . . he was there, in person, looking at the body when he made that observation?” “Yes, Sir.” “He was able to see it in 3-D, in person?” “Yes, Sir.”

DiMaio questioned about laceration on Savio's head. Shape of wound cannot, with certainty, point to type of object used.

Glasgow asks about mark on buttocks, DiMaio says bruises are "finger like extensions"

In Session “If you hit something hard and break the skin, the blood vessels are temporarily crushed. The bleeding takes maybe one or two or three seconds, and then you can move on . . .you see that sometimes with paper cuts. The other thing is she’s got heavy hair. So even if there was some minimal transfer, the heavy hair is going to just wipe everything off. So you’re not going to see anything

I'm gonna have to remember this when I go to buy cleaning supplies. I can save a bundle just growing my hair out long enough to clean the tub.

DiMaio questioned about laceration on Savio's head. Shape of wound cannot, with certainty, point to type of object used.

Glasgow asks about mark on buttocks, DiMaio says bruises are "finger like extensions"

Maybe from DP's fingers holding as tight as he could to KS, who was dead so was dead weight, to heft her into the tub?

:moo:

I'm gonna have to remember this when I go to buy cleaning supplies. I can save a bundle just growing my hair out long enough to clean the tub.

Doggone my stupid long hair!! It NEVER wipes the tub clean when I am in it.

DiMaio says "It was one impact with two bruises" on Savio. Glasgow questions why DiMaio changed account of number and size

#DrewPeterson Dr DiMaio sounds defensive when answering prosecutors specific questions about Savio's bruises...

There it is again. Pure CHANCE. Poor Kathleen, real bad luck I guess.

I knew it would be on this page also. It's the words of the day in all!

DiMaio says "It was one impact with two bruises" on Savio. Glasgow questions why DiMaio changed account of number and size

#DrewPeterson Dr DiMaio sounds defensive when answering prosecutors specific questions about Savio's bruises...

Interesting.

Keep up the heat Glasgow!

In Session According to Dr. DiMaio, “the embalming and the burial proved that this is one bruise [on Savio’s hip] . . .when you hit someone, the blood goes from the interior to the surface. The blood will through different areas of tissue to get to the surface. We know it’s one impact, with two bruises.” “Dr. Mitchell described three bruises?” “I would call it two; if you want to make it three, I won’t argue.” “And the second autopsy shows it went deep to the bone?” “Yes, that’s why it was not immediately apparent . . . I said there was a bruise there.” “But you went from three to one?” “OK, what I said was there was a bruise there. When Dr. Mitchell wrote his protocol, he did not have the second autopsy . . . when you embalm the body, you force the blood along the tracts, producing the full extent of the bruise if Ms. Savio had lived. She would have had one large bruise. It’s one bruise with three extensions; the embalming could not produce blood in the other areas unless there had been injury in those areas.” “There are three points of contact, though, at the skin level?” “No, there are three points of contusion on the one bruise. It’s like the five fingers on a hand; it’s still one hand.”

In Session “The contusions of the diaphragm that Dr. Baden took a sample of . . .you’re indicating your review of the slide does not show the hemorrhaging?” “Yes, not only my review of the slide, but Dr. Blum. He says the same thing.”

Yeah liars tend to get defensive when called out...

Doggone my stupid long hair!! It NEVER wipes the tub clean when I am in it.

Abbie is it thick? It can't just be long it has to be super thick. I'm screwed because my hair is fine and doesn't grow past my shoulders. Maybe I ought to invest in some super thick long extensions!

RuthRavve: #DrewPeterson I count 9 people on the Peterson defense team--six are main attorneys, two are assisting attorneys, not sure about #9....

In Session “With regards to Dr. Blum’s findings, as to the sample taken . . . you indicated he did not find any hemorrhage in the diaphragm tissue?” “Yes . . .there’s a small areas of blood cells, and white blood cells. It’s not a contusion. And if you’re gong to say it’s a contusion with white blood cells, it would take two or three days for the while blood cells to come out. But what he’s describing is a clump of red blood cells with some white blood cells. And if you have white blood cells, it can’t be a recent injury.” “You indicated that in all probability Ms. Savio was seated in her tub, and when she stood up she experienced orthostatic hypertension?” “This could be a possible contributor to the fall.” “But you saw nothing in her records to suggest that she had orthostatic hypertension?” “OK . . . the only one who can say whether they have any symptoms is the person who experiences orthostatic hypertension. It’s only possible; I can’t say it’s 100 percent. Only the person experiencing it can.”

Abbie is it thick? It can't just be long it has to be super thick. I'm screwed because my hair is fine and doesn't grow past my shoulders. Maybe I ought to invest in some super thick long extensions!

Nah, its medium---> to thin I guess.
That's probably why it never cleans the tub for me.

But wait, my husband never cleans the tub for me, either, and HE is thick!!!!!

I may have to do some intense research on this, cos if an expert says it's so, it's SO!!:floorlaugh:

:moo:

In Session “With regards to the surface of the tub, a skin abrasion . . .that’s where the top layer of skin is abraded off?” “That’s correct.” “And from what you know of that tub, there’s no surface there that would account for that abrasion?” “That’s correct.” He repeats that, in his opinion, the alleged bruise on Savio’s buttocks is merely an artifact. “In this case, the most likely cause would be prolonged immersion in water, followed by drying.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ljenkins18