Drew Peterson's Trial *THIRD WEEK*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Drew is not stupid. He learned from his experience in law enforcement and with previous wives. With wife #1 he learned what it was like to pay child support and not have custody so that never happened again.

He decided not to kill Kathleen with a knife on the stairs. It would have been an obvious homicide, made a mess, and he had not set up an alibi.

It seems to me that he waited, went there at night, used his baton to cause bruises and head wound, drowned her in the toilet, undressed her (forgot the necklace), put her body in the tub, poured oj & put tea in microwave to indicate morning (he would get alibi proof), and took her clothes home to wash in the middle of the night. Next morning he made sure to go somewhere to get and keep receipt (Krispy Kreme). He remembered what was made for breakfast to later coach Stacy during interview and he went to the aquarium to get and keep another receipt.

In Session The sidebar ends. The witness and jurors are now out of the courtroom. The judge says that he denied a State request to have the witness do a demonstration of how he climbed into the tub, and yet it was elicited during the testimony of this witness. Judge: “It doesn’t appear that any of the orders that I’ve made in this case does the State mention with its witnesses prior to testifying.” Brodsky: “Can I have two minutes?” The judge decides to take the afternoon recess at this point.

Call me lost, but the witness stating he did something and demonstrating how he did something are two different things to me. :banghead:

In Session The judge is back on the stand (the witness and the jurors are not present). Defense attorney Ralph Meczyk: “It’s irrelevant whether or not it was an innocent mistake. With all due respect to the Court, you are not a potted plant . . . there has to be an appropriate and reasonable sanction . . .there was a ruling, and [this was] something they were not supposed to touch upon . . . he entered a prohibited realm that you said they couldn’t go into. This is an avalanche, a tidal wave, a cascading of missteps. There is only one appropriate sanction in this case, and that is to strike in its entirety the direct testimony of this witness. And any witnesses who relied up on this witness, their testimony should also be stricken. This can not go on and on and on . . . the preparation that was does with these witnesses is not good enough . . . a curative instruction; you can’t put the toothpaste back in the tube. The cumulative effect on this jury is devastating; it’s a violation of Mr. Peterson’s right to a fair trial. Now there has to be some real meaning to your words. And the only appropriate sanction is to strike the testimony of this witness in its entirety.” Prosecutor Glasgow responds, complains about the defense “histrionics . . . he’s simply looking at the bathtub . . . that’s the record, and that’s the testimony. What we just heard, it sounded like something entirely different, but it wasn’t based on facts. These are the facts . . . that last line about getting into the bathtub happened quickly. But we were not getting into a reenactment . . . I would ask the Court to give me another opportunity to admonish him. And I apologize for any confusion.”

BBM. Hell-o. How the heck was that not obvious to the judge, and why did the judge not clarify the difference between a statement and reenactment.

:trout:

The Herald-News‏@Joliet_HN

Savio had dried blood on her head, which would not have been there if she died with her head underwater, Blum said #DrewPeterson

and she would not have been able to drown unless her head was underwater.

BBM

I am so curious what kind of tea she was making. If it was 'sleepy time' or chamomile vs. Morning Thunder or English Breakfast tea.

I have Sleepytime herbal tea at night quite often. But I make my husband a pot of English Breakfast most mornings. Big difference and if we knew what kind of tea we might know if she was getting ready for bed or for morning time.

It was either post 427 or post 431 which mentioned testimony indicating Kathleen only had about 1 teaspoon of liquid in her stomach.

That led me to believe she died in the morning..... after a nights sleep or several hours of sleep and she had an empty morning stomach.

which ties in line with Drew's morning trip to uh, get donuts. It would be just like Drew to think he was so smooth he'd stop for donuts on the drive home from (allegedly) killing his previous wife. The cop getting donuts.

IDK if the cops in BB still carry batons. I'd think it was more likely the butt of the handle of his flashlight which he might have struck her with..... and that perhaps the front bruising occured trying to climb/crawl up the stairs to get away from him. I think she probably fell while trying to run up the stairs.

Drew is not stupid. He learned from his experience in law enforcement and with previous wives. With wife #1 he learned what it was like to pay child support and not have custody so that never happened again.

He decided not to kill Kathleen with a knife on the stairs. It would have been an obvious homicide, made a mess, and he had not set up an alibi.

It seems to me that he waited, went there at night, used his baton to cause bruises and head wound, drowned her in the toilet, undressed her (forgot the necklace), put her body in the tub, poured oj & put tea in microwave to indicate morning (he would get alibi proof), and took her clothes home to wash in the middle of the night. Next morning he made sure to go somewhere to get and keep receipt (Krispy Kreme). He remembered what was made for breakfast to later coach Stacy during interview and he went to the aquarium to get and keep another receipt.

Thank you for your post - it sparked my thoughts and pulled them together.

In my opinion, I think he hits her shins, she falls on her left side, he's hitting as she's blocking and last blow was to the head. He then tries to make it look like a drowning.

http://www.autopsyfiles.org/reports/Other/savio, kathleen_report.pdf

(Hope I linked right.)

Numbers and lingo from External Evidence of Injury section:
He low blows both shins (#5 ),
she falls onto her left buttocks (#2) and left elbow (#8),
as she tries to turn and get up he hits her on the left lower abdomen (#3) and left anterior thigh (#4),
while she is trying to block the blows with her right hand, the right outer wrist (#6) and 1st right finger (#7) are hit,
she either gets up or crawls and is hit on the left parieto-occipital scalp (#1).

I think she had to be leaning over with her head into tub/toilet to have water in the sinuses (#3 Diagnoses section) and no mention of water, listed anywhere else in the Diagnoses section.

After writing all this I feel icky - I really want Kathleen Savio to have her fair trial and justice to be served.

While I agree with most of your post, I differ on my interpetation of the struggle. He got in (through the garage, ruse like picking something up, or simply by knocking on the door at a time that she was sleeping soundly.) A knee to the abdomen would double her over, then a choke hold while dragging her upstairs. The blow to the abdomen would leave her struggling to breathe, and a choke hold is very difficult to escape.

I think he planned to drown her. But I think while he was trying to stopper the tub and run the water and hold her... she recovered enough to struggle. At that time he struck her in the head with something.

I believe there was some water in the bottom of the tub, but not enough to have drowned her unless she was unconcious. Thus the combo of the head injury and inhaling water caused the sinuses to be full... but positioning over the side of the tub and probably decreased respirations prevented water from making it to her lungs. In the time that elapsed between her death and her being found, some water would have most likely drained out. But not a full tub. So maybe an inch or so of water in the tub?

One of the strongest things that convinces me that DrewP was involved in her death was how she was found. When she wasn't available to get the boys, DrewP didn't contact family in search of her. To me, you would do that before you jump to the conclusion of something wrong in the home. And DrewP arranged for witnesses (not family) to be present when she was found. I really really hope that the prosecution points that out.

If DrewP had contacted family in search of her, the family are the ones who would have most likely found her. And DrewP wouldn't have an excuse to be present and controlling the scene.

Blum says only the top layer of skin was cut, no internal bleeding or bleeding inside the skull #

Blum says Savio's wound was "blunt force trauma"

Catching up from where I left off yesterday. Thanks to ohiogirl and CarolinaMoon and everyone else posting updates and tweets. I'm on holiday this week so my family thinks they need to keep me entertained. Son calls to say he was coming over for dinner so I had to scramble to decide what to make. Today is my parents turn. Don't they know I'm busy covering a trial? Non trial watchers have no idea! LOL

Anyway,,,, back to topic. I don't understand the wound being blunt force trauma but yet not deep enough to cause internal bleeding? So what killed Kathleen? Was it external bleeding? Was she knocked out and bled to death? Reading the first autopsy report, she had a lot of blood on her head.

God, I hope he didn't restrain her so she couldn't move and she bled to death. :(

I won't be around today so if anyone has time to post updates, it would be greatly appreciated! :seeya:

In Session: https://www.facebook.com/#!/InSession

Tweets: http://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/#DrewPeterson

dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls

http://heraldnews.suntimes.com/news...3685988-776/photos-kathleen-savios-death.html
:rose:

defense on why they withdrew motion for mistrial: "he does not want to hide behind any legal technicalities."

defense on why they withdrew motion for mistrial: "Drew Peterson wants the world to know he's not afraid nor will he hide."

Withdraws Mistrial Request, Wants Jury to Decide Murder Case.

They forgot to add:

DP only wants a mistrial if it is WITH prejudice!

Lol, whomever is typing for ISession is now typing objection into testimony instead of object. They have heard it every 5 seconds and just expect it.

"...this occurs when an objection, a weapon, a surface, any blunt objection comes into contact with the skin with enough force to cause this injury"

It would have been even funnier if he had said 'when she was hit with an OBJECTION, she SUSTAINED an injury..."

Pathologist Larry Blum, who conducted later autopsy on Savio, will be back on stand & could stay on for entire day.

after Dr. Blum finishes w/ his testimony, the State expects to call a friend of #StacyPeterson, Scott Rossetto.

attys have filed a motion to bar Stacy's uncle Kyle Toutges from testifying.

There have been motions filed for a few of the hearsay witnesses that are to testify today [it's going to be a long one] #DrewPeterson

Expected #DrewPeterson witness list for today: Larry Blum, Scott Rossetto, Jennifer Schoon, Kyle Toutges

DP & most of the attorneys are in the courtroom, the trial should be starting soon.

Expected witness today is Jennifer Schoon. At the time of Savio's death she was Steve Peterson's girlfriend living in #drewpeterson's house.

Touges has said that #DrewPeterson said at a party that the untimeliness of Savio's death looked bad for him and added "let them prove it."

Toutges (Stacy's Uncle) has testified, “We were told Kathleen was crazy and on drugs and needed to be in a home.”

Kyle Toutges, (Stacy's Uncle) testified before that #DrewPeterson said "Let them prove it" when family mentioned suspicions about him.

Prosecution spokesman Chuck Pelkie gave the names of 4 witnesses scheduled for today at #DrewPeterson trial. I admire his optimism.

and she would not have been able to drown unless her head was underwater.

I still say he drowned her in the toilet. That's why there were no clothes, bathmats, rugs, etc. I have searched high and low and have never seen anything about luminol being used in the bathroom after she was exhumed and they decided it was a homicide. I know that it can still be effectively years after the crime and blood residue can withstand many scrubbings and bleachings and in some cases paint.

Sfnelson67

attorneys are all present in the courtroom, but the judge is still missing.

Does this judge need me to buy him a watch????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abk018