Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
BJ Lutz‏@bjlutz

Brodsky: Did #DrewPeterson say Savio drowned? Steadman: "I believe he said she drowned."

In Session Brodsky begins his cross. “You’re retired now, right?” “Not by choice . . . but yes.” “Was Mr. Peterson the first person to call you about this claim?” “No.” “Was he the second person?” “Yes, I believe he was.” “Who was the first?” “Mrs. Doman.” “Anna Doman?” “Yes.” “When did she call you?” Objection. The prosecution asks for a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. “When you first spoke to Mr. Peterson, you asked him about his opinion about what was the cause of death of Kathy Peterson?” “Yes.” “He wasn’t claiming to be the beneficiary?” “No, for his two sons . . . he advised me that he was on the scene and discovered her body . . . he told me she was found in a bathtub.” “And he thought it might be drug-related?” “Yes, Sir.” “He didn’t tell you she had drowned, or anything?” “No, I believe he used the word ‘drowned’ . . . I advised him that Mrs. Doman . . .” Objection/Sustained.

In Session Brodsky begins his cross. “You’re retired now, right?” “Not by choice . . . but yes.” “Was Mr. Peterson the first person to call you about this claim?” “No.” “Was he the second person?” “Yes, I believe he was.” “Who was the first?” “Mrs. Doman.” “Anna Doman?” “Yes.” “When did she call you?” Objection. The prosecution asks for a sidebar.

2 minutes ago ·

In Session The sidebar ends. “When you first spoke to Mr. Peterson, you asked him about his opinion about what was the cause of death of Kathy Peterson?” “Yes.” “He wasn’t claiming to be the beneficiary?” “No, for his two sons . . . he advised me that he was on the scene and discovered her body . . . he told me she was found in a bathtub.” “And he thought it might be drug-related?” “Yes, Sir.” “He didn’t tell you she had drowned, or anything?” “No, I believe he used the word ‘drowned’ . . . I advised him that Mrs. Doman . . .” Objection/Sustained.

2 minutes ago ·

In Session “You next talked to him on April 21st?” “Could I see it again, please? . . . yes, Sir . . . let me read this a second, please . . . I received the written proofs of loss, and I had questions. So I called him.” Objection/Overruled. “One of the questions you asked him was whether the case was still under investigation?” “Yes.” ‘And he told you it was?” “Yes.” ‘Did you ask him if he was involved in the investigation?” “No, because in a previous conversation he told me he could not be involved in the investigation.” “Because he was related to the victim?” “Yes, Sir . . . I asked him who was investigating the case, and he gave me the name and number of that state trooper . . . he gave me the name of Sgt. Patrick Collins, and Trooper Bryan Falat . . . their phone number, and their extensions.” “Was he helpful?” “Oh, yes, he was always a gentleman on the phone.”

Patty will you continue? If so, I won't. Thanks for taking over!!

In Session That ends the cross-examination of this witness. There is no redirect, and so the witness is excused. Judge Burmila then calls a ten minute recess, and leaves the bench. Court is in recess until 3:35 CT/4:35 ET.

O.M.G. I leave for doc's appointment and the pros loose a key witness testimony because of their own stupidity? Seriously? :banghead:

I am dreading the DT's case. They are very good, and certainly slimey enough. Is slimey even a word?

Dan Rozek‏@DanRozek1

#DrewPeterson former witness Scott Rossetto is upset at being barred from testifying because of questions over when he talked to Stacy.

I don't blame him. He lives in Germany and is in the service. They could not have required him to attend the trial as he was out of the country. So he came voluntarily, and probably took a lot of trouble to get here.... getting permission from service etc. He came. And now suddenly his testimony is no longer needed.

Question. I am a little confused about the issue here. Did Rossetto give two different dates for the meeting with Stacey or was it the prosecutor who gave the wrong date?

Comment. Why didn't the judge question the defense if they were aware of the relevant date prior to the conversation, and did they discuss the issue of differing dates with prosecution when the conversation occurred. That would be the "reasonable" thing to do. "and on the 25 th......" "excuse me, did you say the 25? It was my understanding it was the 22nd?" Did the defense initiate the discussion or did the pros? If defense initiated the discussion, then I would think some investigation as to whether the defense ambushed the pros. by asking questions at an inappropriate time.

He's an experienced police officer, he won't have left anything as obvious as fingerprints anywhere incriminating.

They did not do any fingerprinting! At least that's been my understanding, they weren't there over an hour. These questions about 'the investigation' is nothing but a sad joke! I just logged in here tho, am hoping to get caught up soon! Will the testimony about the hitman be coming in? Also, still wonderinf about Kathleen's, & later, Stacy's attorney still testify? Thanks in advance, I so appreciate ya'll! (Oklahoman transplant to Washington State, can ya tell?!!)

So the Judge bars the State's witness because of a 3 day discrepancy even though the prosecution told the defense about the date. The defense waits for the prosecution to put this witness on the stand before they cry "foul"?

OMG!!!! I am done with this Judge. It is so obvious and he is pro defense. Speechless:what:

10 minute breaks last 30 minutes! Court never starts on time!! :furious:

So the Judge bars the State's witness because of a 3 day discrepancy even though the prosecution told the defense about the date. The defense waits for the prosecution to put this witness on the stand before they cry "foul"?

OMG!!!! I am done with this Judge. It is so obvious and he is pro defense. Speechless:what:

I know. I cant even express my disgust with this Judge :banghead:

I know. I cant even express my disgust with this Judge :banghead:

I'm really starting to believe there is a lot more here. I'm not into politics Canadian or American but could this have to do with an election power thing?

Love all the transcripts you're all doing. Just wanted to comment about something a few pages back, regarding not bleeding after the heart stops beating. That is true. However, no one knows when her heart actually stopped beating because sometimes it continues to beat for several minutes after someone stops breathing. They can appear to be clinically dead for a full five minutes until the heart actually stops. I learned this from working in nursing homes and because I actually watched my mother die.
KS could have appeared to be dead, he might have watched her stop breathing, yet her heart could have still been beating for a few minutes causing the wound on her head to bleed.
It's something to think about, but I'm surprised that point hasn't been brought up in testimony of one of the ME's.
Keep up the good work, y'all! I'm in and out today. Hope to catch up this afternoon.

Then what makes the most sense to me, is he sat on the side of the tub and held her under until he saw she stopped breathing. He then drained the tub. Closed the stopper after the tub was drained and hit her on the back of the head to make it appear she fell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VaggieX