Drones used in attempted assassination of Venezuelan President

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Well now--

Looks like they might be having their own Las Vegas?

Venezuelan authorities say drones detonated near President Maduro during a speech, but firefighters at the scene say it was just a gas tank explosion

Associated Press

1m

Seven people were injured in the apparent attack which came as Maduro celebrated the National Guard's 81st anniversary, said Information Minister Jorge Rodriguez. Maduro's speech was abruptly cut short and soldiers could be seen breaking ranks and scattering.

Three local authorities who spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case said the incident was actually a gas tank explosion inside an apartment near the site of Maduro's speech.

Smoke could be seen coming out a building window.

Venezuelan President Maduro says far-right activists tried to assassinate him during a speech, but firefighters at the scene say it was just a gas tank explosion

local news is reporting they found the people??

soooooooo

was it a gas tank or drone attack?

Last edited:
Probably a drone attack.

Nicolás Maduro has many, many enemies. When you crash an economy to the point that he has, you typically gain some.

Carlos Camejo, I thought you were dead! ;)

440a4b7d6b05080d8779c51c0c1ed7f5.jpg

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/44/0a/4b/440a4b7d6b05080d8779c51c0c1ed7f5.jpg

(*Carlos Camejo, a Venezuelan man who had been declared dead but woke up in the morgue in excruciating pain after medical examiners began their autopsy.)

Venezuelan President Targeted by Drone Attack, Officials Say
05venezuela6-articleLarge-v4.jpg

Security personnel surrounded the Venezuelan president, Nicolás Maduro, after an explosion interrupted a speech he was giving in Caracas on Saturday.CreditXinhua, via Associated Press
"It was an attack that seemed scripted for Hollywood: Off-camera explosions. Low-flying drones exploding midair. The president and first lady ducking for cover. Thousands of soldiers in a military parade suddenly fleeing in a stampede that was broadcast to the country, live."
Video.

The Explosive-Carrying Drones in Venezuela Won’t Be the Last
"While Maduro was unharmed, Venezuelan information minister Jorge Rodriguez said that the attack injured seven soldiers. It's a method of assault that only a few years ago felt unthinkable, but has quickly become inevitable.

Details remain scarce about the exact nature of the attack, which Rodriguez characterized as an “assassination attempt,” including what type of drones were used and the nature of the explosives involved. In a televised address to his country, Maduro appeared to attribute the strike to far-right factions in Venezuela and Columbia. “They have tried to kill me today,” Maduro said."

"While Maduro was unharmed, Venezuelan information minister Jorge Rodriguez said that the attack injured seven soldiers. It's a method of assault that only a few years ago felt unthinkable, but has quickly become inevitable.

Details remain scarce about the exact nature of the attack, which Rodriguez characterized as an “assassination attempt,” including what type of drones were used and the nature of the explosives involved. In a televised address to his country, Maduro appeared to attribute the strike to far-right factions in Venezuela and Columbia. “They have tried to kill me today,” Maduro said."
On the drone attacks that I have heard of, they take out lots of people, along with the intended target. If it was a drone attack, they were pretty incompetent.
Years ago, the teenage boy who lived next door to us, and two of his friends disconnected their outside gas tank and did something silly with it and we heard the explosion and saw the flames. My husband went to climb over the fence and there was another explosion which knocked him off the fence. He then went further up yard away from the tank, and climbed the fence and there was a third explosion. It blew a few back of the house windows out and when he somehow turned the gauge off and burnt his hand in the process, there was still gas in the tank.

" In a televised address to his country, Maduro appeared to attribute the strike to far-right factions in Venezuela and Columbia. “They have tried to kill me today,” Maduro said."

As soon as I saw the picture the Venezulen government allowed to be released, my gut feeling was that we weren't getting the real story. The only person who recoiled from the sound of the blast was the Venezulen First Lady. There was zero immediate action by the guys in suits who I assume to be presidential security. We don't see them in action until we are given a separate pic from a different angle with a supposed reaction to the "drones". Mabye this was a political ploy and the First Lady wasn't let in on the secret.

I suspect that the blast was staged and the story was spun to give the government a legit sounding reason to round up their political opposition leaders and do whatever facists do to people who dare oppose them. JMO

" In a televised address to his country, Maduro appeared to attribute the strike to far-right factions in Venezuela and Columbia. “They have tried to kill me today,” Maduro said."

As soon as I saw the picture the Venezulen government allowed to be released, my gut feeling was that we weren't getting the real story. The only person who recoiled from the sound of the blast was the Venezulen First Lady. There was zero immediate action by the guys in suits who I assume to be presidential security. We don't see them in action until we are given a separate pic from a different angle with a supposed reaction to the "drones". Mabye this was a political ploy and the First Lady wasn't let in on the secret.

I suspect that the blast was staged and the story was spun to give the government a legit sounding reason to round up their political opposition leaders and do whatever facists do to people who dare oppose them. JMO

that was the same feeling I got (hence the Los Vegas comment!!)

when i saw the video my first thought was why are people running OUTSIDE the hotel in the street when there are supposed drones doing something above ?? It made no sense behaviorally

something feels hinky and thus far all it is 7 injured with no details as to what that actually means!

There was a lot of witnesses so to get to different stories is somewhat wild for sure!

that was the same feeling I got (hence the Los Vegas comment!!)

something feels hinky and thus far all it is 7 injured with no details as to what that actually means!

There was a lot of witnesses so to get to different stories is somewhat wild for sure!
I kind of think that those seven may have been the occupants of the building where the gas tank blew up.

Possibly their only role in this whole thing was that their home was in a perfect position for the blast to be seen, heard and felt near the president's podium at the most opportune moment. My opinion only!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth
Back