Dylan Redwine Case Discussion Thread/Dylan's Remains Found, #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has the amount of the child support been released? Had the amount of the child support been determined? Was the amount of the child support being disputed?

For that matter, does anyone know the amount of the child support? Was it $10, $20, $50, $100?

Even if a child support amount had been determined, Mark still had the ability to dispute the amount based on his income.

This is one of the weakest arguments.

If child support amount had been determined, the courts have already based that amount on his income, what would he dispute? It had just been ordered! Child support, once ordered, cannot be disputed unless there is a significant change in the financial situation. (this was discussed in depth many threads ago)

With all due respect, people have killed for less than $10. Actually the reason people kill often don't make sense to many. I personally see only one time where it is necessary to take a human life and that is if someone has put me, my children or grandchildren lives in extreme danger. Child support is not only about money to some. How many father's have complained that they are paying child support and the mother is using it for herself? Not realizing that child support is paying for the 3 bedroom apt vs the studio, the haircuts, the clothing, the school lunches, etc. etc. etc. IMO, when a controlling person is court ordered to pay child support to the very person that they are trying to control, it's not money they have lost it's control that they have lost.

If child support amount had been determined, the courts have already based that amount on his income, what would he dispute? It had just been ordered! Child support, once ordered, cannot be disputed unless there is a significant change in the financial situation. (this was discussed in depth many threads ago)

With all due respect, people have killed for less than $10. Actually the reason people kill often don't make sense to many. I personally see only one time where it is necessary to take a human life and that is if someone has put me, my children or grandchildren Child support is not only about money to some. How many father's have complained that they are paying child support and the mother is using it for herself? Not realizing that child support is paying for the 3 bedroom apt vs the studio, the haircuts, the clothing, the school lunches, etc. etc. etc. IMO, when a controlling person is court ordered to pay child support to the very person that they are trying to control, it's not money they have lost it's control that they have lost.

That's very true IMO also

Were they panicked? I thought Elaine finished her day at the office. If they were panicked, why did they not find it unusual for Dylan not to reply to Elaine's text?

From everything Elaine has stated, I certainly did not get the impression of panic, as Dylan would text her when "he landed", and if not that night, then the next morning when he woke. Did Dylan text her as soon as he awoke? 1 hour after he awoke? 2 hours after he awoke?

This is in the NG interview for anyone that will aske for a cite.

This does not strike me as being panicked. It sounds like this was a normal pattern for Dylan.

Another thing. Has it ever been stated whose home Dylan slept over the night prior to leaving for his dads?

Please provide a link indicating that Elaine finished her day at work. Dr. Phil link EH said that she got the text from MR, got CR & MH and they left. It has NEVER been stated in any source that I can recall that EH finished her work day. Keep in mind that they time MR finally decided that he should contact the mother of his child, he had several hours of not being in a panic, as a matter of fact, he was so calm he took a nap. EH was so worried, she immediately made a 6 hr drive to find her son.

I'm still stunned he even got child support for a child he spent time with three-four times a year

That doesn't make any sense. Do you have a link that shows Mark received child support while only seeing Dylan three or four times a year.

Yes it is, and it is not always limited to one person. I have sat here and watched 7 months of it, when the focus should of been on Dylan from the start. He seemed to of got lost in the story line.

Yes, we have all witnessed MR's revenge for 7 months. I can't recall a single interview in which MR did not mention EH first and Dylan later. I recall Dr. Phil asking him if he was there to discuss his ex-wife or his missing son. Seems as if the only ones that kept Dylan as the focus from the start were EH, CR & MH. MR had to be guided back, repeatedly, to what the subject of discussion was - DYLAN not EH. MOO

It would be interesting to see one article in which MR mentions Dylan first and not their divorce.

From the transcript above

[Elaine] REDWINE: It was my understanding from his dad that everything Dylan had was in his backpack including his cell phone, his iPod, his iPod charger, his cell phone charger, all of his clothes. So we had to actually make a trip to get some of Dylan`s clothes from where we live in Colorado Springs because it was my understanding there were no clothes at his dad`s house. "

That's in direct conflict with what Mark is claiming now. He didn't even think to look for his backpack for days,

Maybe Elaine misunderstood what Mark said. I sometimes have a hard time understanding what he means myself.

Yes, we have all witnessed MR's revenge for 7 months. I can't recall a single interview in which MR did not mention EH first and Dylan later. I recall Dr. Phil asking him if he was there to discuss his ex-wife or his missing son. Seems as if the only ones that kept Dylan as the focus from the start were EH, CR & MH. MR had to be guided back, repeatedly, to what the subject of discussion was - DYLAN not EH. MOO

It would be interesting to see one article in which MR mentions Dylan first and not their divorce.

We witnessed Mark's revenge in what way?

That doesn't make any sense. Do you have a link that shows Mark received child support while only seeing Dylan three or four times a year.

Hang on...I'll find you one.

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/websleuths/2013/03/18/websleuths-radio

I'm still stunned he even got child support for a child he spent time with three-four times a year

I'm stunned yet not. Child support is worked out by a formula it depends on how many nights a child is supposed to be in a parents care and their incomes, whether the child spends the allotted time with the other parent or not is another thing.

to have it changed would have required EH to take it back to court, sometimes its easier (and safer) not to upset the status quo. IMO she let it ride because recouping a few dollars was not as important as her childrens security and safety was.

RSBM

By the time Mark had finished his nap and driven to Bayfield, etc., it was about 5 pm before he texted Elaine. Thus her workday was pretty much over. If I recall correctly, she went home grabbed a few things including Cory and Mike, and was on the road to Vallecito by 6 pm. I'd call that pretty panicked! :moo::moo::moo:

And she was on the phone to the Sheriff's office to report Dylan missing. Per the March Press Release, Elaine (not Mark) is the one that actually reported Dylan missing. I don't think Mark wanted LE to look for Dylan at all. :moo::moo::moo:

ETA: http://gazette.com/monument-moms-life-halted-by-sons-disappearance/article/149885
Wow! I always forget this part - they started searching as soon as they arrived.
"By 1 a.m., they began their personal search. “Panic set in,” Hall said. They knocked on doors, stopped at the convenience store, woke up neighbors looking for Dylan, he said. "

Thanks for the link! Interesting that they searched at 1 am waking neighbors and all. MR mentioned on Tricia's show that he was at home per LE suggestion in case Dylan called. (paraphrasing from the show)
One parent immediately drives 6 hrs to search immediately after hearing her son hasn't been seen.
One parent takes a nap, makes a report 10 hrs after he last saw his son and sits at home.
IMHO - it's pretty obvious what parent was panicked and what parent wasn't.

Has Mark ever commented on whether Dylan would have texted him or R before taking off that morning on a 6 mile walk? Has Mark ever tried to explain why Dylan did not respond to R's text message that morning? I don't believe I have ever heard Mark say Dylan would have texted or called R. Did Mark ever attempt to explain why Dylan's communication stopped? I have never heard Mark say anything like, I don't understand why Dylan didn't text me or Ryan...That boy would have texted R if he was planning on walking there. In my opinion, Mark has been evasive when it comes to this crucial part.

Has Mark ever commented on whether Dylan would have texted him or R before taking off that morning on a 6 mile walk? Has Mark ever tried to explain why Dylan did not respond to R's text message that morning? I don't believe I have ever heard Mark say Dylan would have texted or called R. Did Mark ever attempt to explain why Dylan's communication stopped? I have never heard Mark say anything like, I don't understand why Dylan didn't text me or Ryan...That boy would have texted R if he was planning on walking there. In my opinion, Mark has been evasive when it comes to this crucial part.

Just for the sake of clarity, let me add that the house where Dylan intended to meet his friend (RN's gma's) was much further than 6 miles away from MR's house. The house that was 6 (actually, 5.9) miles from MR's house was a different friend. MR had speculated that DR might walk there. Here's a reference:

'Mark acknowledges that one feasible place Dylan could have walked to would’ve been his friend, Tristan’s, house, which is 5.9 miles away. “It’s probably a long walk,” he admits. “But it’s not an impossibility that he could be doing that.”'

http://www.drphil.com/shows/show/1988

R lived closer to 20 miles away.
Even 6 miles is hardly a casual walk to a teenager. The idea makes me laugh, unless he was in training for a walkathon.

I'm stunned yet not. Child support is worked out by a formula it depends on how many nights a child is supposed to be in a parents care and their incomes, whether the child spends the allotted time with the other parent or not is another thing.

to have it changed would have required EH to take it back to court, sometimes its easier (and safer) not to upset the status quo. IMO she let it ride because recouping a few dollars was not as important as her childrens security and safety was.

It's my understanding he was recently ordered to start paying support, sent one check, the day Dylan was reported missing.

My ex was controlling and the focus was all on me when I left him, after I got a restraining order on him for calling the house 6 or more times a day, he told the judge he was calling to talk to his kids, but he only called during the school hours, and if a kid would by some chance answer ,he would tell them to give the phone to me.

BBM

I Googled "Mark Redwine" and the first hit is an article were he talks mainly about Dylan and Cory and doesn't ever mention their divorce. He does ask Elaine to go to mediation and to work together. Cory and Elaine however don't mention Dylan in this article other than accusing Mark of being responsible for his disappearance.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ok-at-his-sons-photo-and-the-children-you-see

Has the amount of the child support been released? Had the amount of the child support been determined? Was the amount of the child support being disputed?

For that matter, does anyone know the amount of the child support? Was it $10, $20, $50, $100?

Even if a child support amount had been determined, Mark still had the ability to dispute the amount based on his income.

This is one of the weakest arguments.

I don't think it's a weak argument at all. If a father was receiving $400/month in child support from the mother and now he owes the mother $400/month, then the net loss to the father would be $800 per month. Even if the amount were only half that, he would still be looking at a net loss of $400 per month.

Going by the child support calculators available online, if both the mother and the father have the same monthly gross income, and no enormous medical expenses for the child, the child support amount is not small. If their monthly gross is $5000 each ($60k annually) the payment is over $700. If their monthly gross is $4000 each, the payment drops to just over $600 per month. Double those amounts as what the net affect would be to the father in this instance.

And yes, a father could dispute the amount he was ordered to pay, but unless there were extenuating circumstances he most likely wouldn't get a pass. Child support is just that, for the child. The calculators do adjust for lower income, so that if the father earns half what the mother does then the payment will be less. But on a $4000/month gross for the mother and $2000/month gross for the father, he would still pay over $350 per month.

Also, IIRC when EH was paying MR the child support, they had joint custody, so the child support she had been paying to MR would not be calculated the same as once she gained sole custody, and the new basis for calculation would be weighted against the payor of the child support. ETA which could have increased the net financial impact by an even greater multiplier. (.i.e. under joint custody the mom might have paid $200, but under sole custody she is due to receive $600, making the net loss to the father $800, or 4 times what he was previously receiving.)

Money is one of the primary motives for murder. And IMO it's a motive for Dylan's murder.

I read (and I don't remember where) that it was a shred of a shirt and it was not the one he was wearing at Walmart.

I don't believe it has ever been said the shirt shred was the one Dylan was wearing at Walmart. Mark mentions the shirt but not which one.

Mark Redwine says investigators also found shreds of one of Dylan's shirts. Mark Redwine says deputies took him on Saturday to the area where his son's remains were found, and the area stretched 1.5 miles in length.

http://www.9news.com/news/article/343074/222/Redwine-death-will-likely-remain-undetermined

BBM

I Googled "Mark Redwine" and the first hit is an article were he talks mainly about Dylan and Cory and doesn't ever mention their divorce. He does ask Elaine to go to mediation and to work together. Cory and Elaine however don't mention Dylan in this article other than accusing Mark of being responsible for his disappearance.

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ok-at-his-sons-photo-and-the-children-you-see

She has expressed many times her desire to speak with him and his refusal to do so. Both her and her son Cory have been blocked from his phone.
She also states, he's done nothing about actually participating in mediation.. Like trying to actually set it up. It's just lip service.

IMO the problem is she wants answers to questions and he wants to discuss working the two of them together.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chernobyl_Werewolf