Dylan Redwine's father’s trial in death of son, rescheduled to 18 September 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah! I thought it might be an old article! Thanks wary!

Does anyone know where I can watch the full episodes of the Redwine's on Dr. Phil? It appears only clips are available on YouTube. I've searched the net endlessly but no luck.

From what I recall, Dr Phil Show seems to be very good at keeping their show's copyright in compliance as I seldom find episodes available outside of the network.

There's a thread on WS specific to Dr Phil updates for this case which may have links direct to the DP show archive but I've not researched this. MOO

Dylan update on Dr. Phil Wed. May 20th 2015

Even without the compromising photographs, there's no lack of motives here. The contentious divorce, MR's having to pay child support, getting back at Elaine, being resentful of a teenager, and last but not least, the fact that he was a vindictive narcissistic drunk. I'm unsure of whether this was premeditated or not, but if I recall there were some indications that it might have been - one-way ticket maybe?

Was the blurred images showed in ID Still a Mystery the REAL compromising photos?

Are we expecting the same lawyers that were with Mark Redwine at the advisement hearing?

They were pretty good IMO.

I'm sure at the core this will be a blood analysis trial. What I read in the indictment seems to be that blood is going to be the best evidence. The cadaver dog evidence can be subject to a lot of scrutiny by defense attorneys. In a quaint Colorado town. I can see someone like Dr. Kobilinsky or Dr. Lee testifying for the defense.

And by "good" I mean at raising reasonable doubt. Christian Champagne I hope is the prosecutor. He is great I can tell already.

I’m playing devil’s advocate here. Could the blunt force trauma have been caused by a fall? (And then scavengers dragged parts of his body around? :( )

Fatal bear attacks rare, but possible

How to Survive and Prevent Wild Animal Attacks in Colorado | Native Wildlife Predators in CO

I think if I was a slimy defense attorney, I would be pushing the bear theory more. A bear tooth could make marks consistent with the knife. And then as you mentioned, it was found a mile away or so because of scavengers. That might be what the defense attorneys push and then blood in house, the usual defense—it's from a prior incident.

Do we think Mark buried him and then Dylan was dug up by the animals? Because he wouldn't just leave it out in the open on the ground even though it was Middle Mountain, right. Unless he covered it up with some brush.

Last edited:
Was the blurred images showed in ID Still a Mystery the REAL compromising photos?

If you google Mark Redwine compromising photo, there is an image out there.

Mark Redwine accused of killing son who found photos of him eating poo | Metro News

In this article, Cory says one of the compromising photos is "
The news station recently interviewed Mark’s brother, Cory, who said: ‘I have seen the photos. It shows him wearing women’s clothes and makeup and a diaper and then eating his feces from the diaper. It was disgusting. We couldn’t believe it."

Judge allows evidence from dogs in Redwine trial

Prosecutors who say Mark Redwine killed his son, Dylan, in 2012 will be allowed to present cadaver dog evidence at a trial in September, a judge has ruled.

I'm not surprised by this ruling. But I'm confused by the third reason the Judge used for "theorizing" that the odor of human remains could be detected by the HRD dogs.

“dogs are very sensitive to human facial expressions and can read extremely subtle changes in human expressions ... tips the dog off to the proper location” of the source of an odor of human remains.

He seems to be saying that "cueing" by someone is a factor in a HRD dogs positive alerts. That goes to the defense not the prosecution. I don't get this at all.

I find it interesting the Judge disqualified a HRD dog handler from testifying about HRD alerts while at the same time he is allowing her to testify about "non alerts" on a pillow case.

A third dog handler, who Wilson disqualified as an expert in human remains detection, will be permitted to testify about Redwine’s alleged misleading of law enforcement when he provided a pillow case to investigators that he said would contain Dylan’s scent. The dog identified that the fabric did not contain the boy’s odor, and prosecutors may present the evidence to show Redwine’s motive to mislead investigators.
I'm not sure what a "non alert" even is. Did Redwine grab the wrong pillow?

Is this dog cross trained in multiple disciplines? The Judge referred to "scent tracking dog handlers". Does he know the difference between HRD dogs and tracking dogs? I'm not sure he does.

The Murder Of Dylan Redwine Has Never Been Solved | Still a Mystery on Investigation Discovery | Investigation Discovery

(Still a Mystery
Will The Mystery Of 13-Year-Old Dylan Redwine's Death Ever Be Solved?

After his parents' bitter divorce, tensions ran high – and according to his brother, Cory, and his mother, Elaine, Dylan was not looking forward to spending Thanksgiving at his father's house.
May 31, 2019
By: Catherine Townsend)

Redwine defense lawyer arrested in connection with assault

''A Colorado public defender assigned to the murder case against Mark Redwine was arrested Sunday on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and domestic violence.

John Moran, 42, of Durango, appeared Monday in La Plata County Combined Courts wearing an orange jail-issued jumpsuit.''

Let me guess! MR will get another 6 month delay to find a new lawyer? ?

''A Colorado public defender assigned to the murder case against Mark Redwine was arrested Sunday on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and domestic violence.

John Moran, 42, of Durango, appeared Monday in La Plata County Combined Courts wearing an orange jail-issued jumpsuit.''

Oh geez.... I hope not!!

and if anyone is interested:

Date Len Name Hearing Type Case # Location Division
8/26/19
1:30 PM 1H MORAN, JOHN Pre-Trial Conference C342019M354 La Plata County Division 6

link: Seventh Judicial District » Docket Search

Edited to add: Redwine's court hearing on 7/25 is still on the court site. I shall check again tomorrow to see if it's still there.

''A Colorado public defender assigned to the murder case against Mark Redwine was arrested Sunday on suspicion of misdemeanor assault and domestic violence. John Moran, 42, of Durango, appeared Monday in La Plata County Combined Courts wearing an orange jail-issued jumpsuit.''

This is great! Mark's lawyer can game plan with him in jail together for the trial! My guess is he will find a different lawyer and delay justice further. They likely will have an even tougher time now finding an impartial jury.

But if there is another delay, I would have time to plan on seeing this trial in person. Although I am optimistic there will be daily streaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay