Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death 22 July 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I ' figured' it was Mark from the beginning. Due to the WS stance of being ' victim friendly' and LE's stance of not declaring who a POI was , I did explore other possibilities. I tried very hard to find other logical reasons and held out hope of a little boy hiding in a cave eating cheetos waiting for the storm to pass. All of that went out the window after Dr Phil.... 100% out the window. Once the remains were found it was more like 500%.

Yes, admittedly while I felt MR killed Dylan, I was still very concerned about the RSO, Cop...

One other item that makes me crazy is MR had the gall to try and sue Elaine. I mean who does that!!!! IMO from the get go this vile man is pure evil. I am trying not to think about Dylan's last minutes on this earth. Perhaps that's why I tossed and turned last night as well.

( OMG I forgot about that. :stormingmad: )

I am not familiar with this case. I take it from some posts that this child was on unsupervised, court ordered visitation with dad when he disappeared? When was his body found? Where?

Late to finding this out but yes-About Time! I feel for Dylan's family they must be conflicted with being right about mark and realizing the horror that he really did this.This was a polarizing case here. I pray for all involved to have strength because we know mark will make this trial more of a living hell .I am greatful for the new DA and investigators for bringing him in finally.

Another very interesting piece of information is from the wildlife expert.

This expert doesn't believe that an animal was responsible for Dylan's body being moved to where the initial discovery site is or the site where his skull was found. If I recall the remains where quite a distance from Mark's home so I can understand why it's not possible for a wild animal to "drag" a human body that distance.

I guess that a defense lawyer could attempt to argue that Dylan hiked up to where his remains where found. But what about the skull being moved 1.5 miles afterwards?

I think that Mark made a big mistake by moving the skull. JMO

https://pinerivertimes.com/articles...arrested-in-connection-with-son-dylan-s-death

I havent followed this case closely until the arrest. Imvho, the damning evidence is MR's statement that the true COD wouldn't be known until Dylans skull was found. Dead giveaway and I don't think there's anyway around it.

I haven't posted on this thread until now because I am getting an Ethan Stacy kind of vibe with this case. I hope I'm wrong, but I can't shake the feeling this case is going to get much much worse as we learn more details.

On another note, imagine how the other inmates will treat MR when they learn of his 'fetish'.

One last thought/question. Did the judge who forced Dylan to go to his dad's ever make a statement about this case? That judge has blood on his or her hands.

Yes, admittedly while I felt MR killed Dylan, I was still very concerned about the RSO, Cop...

It's always good sleuthing to consider all possibilities and not get locked into one theory.

It's always good sleuthing to consider all possibilities and not get locked into one theory.

I'm so grateful for his Mother. I cannot imagine the conflict of bearing a child with a man who would murder him. But I feel that today at least she must feel vindicated.
My heart goes out to her tonight.

Ditto.

It's just to bad they didn't feel they had enough evidence to charge him with first degree murder. Considering how he covered his tracks, he put some thought into his cover-up.

There is a part of me that is amazed Mark is still alive. With as unstable as he was appearing, I would have thought he would have killed himself rather than face all the pressure he was getting, knowing the walls were closing in on him and eventually he'd be caught.

He's too much of a narcissist to kill himself, IMO.
I'm now interested to see if there will be any accessory arrests; anyone who helped hide the remains, clean up, lie, etc. and i do have someone specifically in mind, but since they havent been named by LE, i will leave that to you to deduce.

I am not familiar with this case. I take it from some posts that this child was on unsupervised, court ordered visitation with dad when he disappeared? When was his body found? Where?

This is a time line and should help you a lot

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/durangoherald.com/amp/47583-timeline-of-events-in-dylan-redwine-case

https://the-journal.com/galleries/137-timeline-in-dylan-redwine-case

It took about 10 months to find the body due to the weather and search area being shut down for winter.

Oh the deflectors, distractors and possibly even the Perp might lurk on these threads from time to time. But the old time sleuthers can spot them a mile away and let them ramble on. Learn some interesting things sometimes i would think. But thats all speculation and opinion.

Yep. Couldn't agree more.

"One last thought/question. Did the judge who forced Dylan to go to his dad's ever make a statement about this case? That judge has blood on his or her hands."

I won't be holding my breath for the judge in this case to make a statement. Judge Algeo, of Montgomery County, Maryland, sent Prince McCleod to his death via paternal visitation and has had nothing but venom to spew about the murder, (Prince's father is now in jail in Virginia after a guilty verdict) and there is, of course, the Josh Powell case. Yours truly was faced with similar choices at one point, because of a family law court judge in West Virginia who didn't care about children. I decided that I would rather face charges for contempt of court than risk my childrens' lives. I do not expect any of those judges to swallow their pride and admit mistakes.

Very quick google search with his name and nasty, dirty, pervert type words and ' photos' will probably give you an eyeful. Be sure to clear your history after. ;)

Ok. Thanks for the links. Seems this man fought to have a visitation only so he could kill the child.

He has all the physical features of a long term alcoholic and I suggest it is beer.

Judges can order supervised visitation which protects the children while allowing for visitation. It is a win-win for all parties.

Knowing how Mark lives to be in Elaine's presence, drink in her pain, and blame her for everything, I'm guessing Mark will go to trial just to see Elaine on the witness stand. Mark's lawyer will throw a bunch of parental alienation bs at her in order to justify what Mark did. Mark's lawyer will also blame Dylan.

http://statelaws.findlaw.com/colorado-law/colorado-second-degree-murder.html

"Second degree murder is a class 2 felony generally penalized by a presumptive minimum of 8 years and maximum of 24 years, with 5 years parole.......Murder in the second degree is reduced to a Class 3 felony where the death was caused by a sudden heat of passion, caused by a highly provoking act of the victim, which excites the defendant sufficiently, and that a reasonable person in his or her place would also be provoked. However, if there was time to cool down from the excitement, it would be a Class 2 felony."

I believe Mark planned to kill Dylan all along if Dylan did not agree to move back. But proving premeditation is difficult. Mark is lucky he's only being charged with 2nd. It's so tragic that Elaine will be probably have to be subjected to more of his vindictive blame game.

Using this post as a springboard. I'm confused on why this is 2nd and not 1st degree murder. Wouldn't the one way airline ticket indicate he knew Dylan wasn't returning to his mom after the visit?

Using this post as a springboard. I'm confused on why this is 2nd and not 1st degree murder. Wouldn't the one way airline ticket indicate he knew Dylan wasn't returning to his mom after the visit?

If I remember right, there were arrangements for Elaine to drive to Vallecito to pick him up at the end of the visitation.

While MR may feel he is inflicting more pain on Elaine and Cory I do feel that Elaine will be Dylan's voice. Tables have turned. Finally.

I think two things were clear in the interview Elaine did yesterday; she's a survivor not a victim and she wants justice not revenge. Both of those things will serve her well if Mark takes this to trial.

My understanding of 1st degree murder v. 2nd degree (based mainly on hearing lawyers comment on the difference on TV) is that 1st degree doesn't require an elaborate plan - a killer can formulate the idea even a minute before the act, and if he/she has even a sketchy plan of how to carry it out, that's enough for premeditation. 2nd degree would be a genuine split-second act of rage or passion, without any idea of what would come next. Given the lengths that MR went to cover himself in the minutes and hours immeditely after Dylan's death - plus, yes, such things as the one-way airline ticket, I think a 1st degree murder charge would have been well within reason. Maybe the DA didn't think he could prove intent, though, whereas it was quite obvious to everyone that this was murder and not an accident.

I live 20 miles from where this murder took place, and as you can imagine, the whole town is rejoicing that finally an arrest has been made.

If I remember right, there were arrangements for Elaine to drive to Vallecito to pick him up at the end of the visitation.

Thank you, I wasn't aware of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member