Dylan Redwine's father arrested in connection to son's death 22 July 2017

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"One last thought/question. Did the judge who forced Dylan to go to his dad's ever make a statement about this case? That judge has blood on his or her hands."

I won't be holding my breath for the judge in this case to make a statement. Judge Algeo, of Montgomery County, Maryland, sent Prince McCleod to his death via paternal visitation and has had nothing but venom to spew about the murder, (Prince's father is now in jail in Virginia after a guilty verdict) and there is, of course, the Josh Powell case. Yours truly was faced with similar choices at one point, because of a family law court judge in West Virginia who didn't care about children. I decided that I would rather face charges for contempt of court than risk my childrens' lives. I do not expect any of those judges to swallow their pride and admit mistakes.

To a large extent, I blame parents who have gone into courts to make false accusations against the other parent just because they didn't want to share custody. These people have made it so that people like Elaine aren't believed. Especially in a contentious divorce and child custody battle. Some of these parents just like to manipulate the court system to hurt their ex, so cases like Josh Powelll and most recently little Aramazd Andressian, Jr., these fall through the cracks. However, it shouldn't stop a judge who got it wrong from admitting it. Of course, that could open another whole can of worms, because then once he does, others can come forward and sue him for other decisions the judge made that didn't end well. IMO

To a large extent, I blame parents who have gone into courts to make false accusations against the other parent just because they didn't want to share custody. These people have made it so that people like Elaine aren't believed. Especially in a contentious divorce and child custody battle. Some of these parents just like to manipulate the court system to hurt their ex, so cases like Josh Powelll and most recently little Aramazd Andressian, Jr., these fall through the cracks. However, it shouldn't stop a judge who got it wrong from admitting it. Of course, that could open another whole can of worms, because then once he does, others can come forward and sue him for other decisions the judge made that didn't end well. IMO

I agree with this. I hope cases like this are an example to judges that not everyone who accuses anot ex of being unfit are trying to alienate the other parent.

Glad they have arrested Mark Redwine. I was convinced early on that he had something to do with Dylan's death. I pray that the whole law enforcement community in Colorado have a solid case against Mark and Justice will finally be served. I pray that in the coming days, weeks and months henceforth that we will finally be able to celebrate the arrest and conviction of those who were responsible for Hailey Dunn, Isabella Celis, Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook-Morrisey, and Celina Cass murders!

I agree with this. I hope cases like this are an example to judges that not everyone who accuses anot ex of being unfit are trying to alienate the other parent.

More judges need to err on the side of the children. I know it doesn't always seem fair but at least the child has a chance to grow up.

Judges are in a tough place because so many lies are coming at them, often from both sides. I have seen parents making up vicious lies about the other, to keep their children away from them. And that is unforgiveable. But it is just devastating that Poor sweet Dylan was forced to go to on this visitation. I do think judges should listen to a 14 yr old about whether they want to visit a parent or not.

I just keep thinking it's wonderful there has finally been a arrest but Mark has still got his wish and that was to destroy Elaine's life. She will always suffer for what her husband did and she will always carry some guilt.

So ultimately Mark still wins even if he is in a jail cell.

My step daughter spent nearly $60K in court battles in 2 states to keep her child from being forced into unsupervised visitations, out of state, with the bio dad. Visitation is only allowed in the home state, 4 hours at a time, in a public place for 3 days every other weekend and it is supervised by a neutral party. It was worth every penny. Although he can spend 12 hours with the child every other weekend, he elects to do so for only about 3 hours for many reasons, most of which are valid.

It was a heartbreaking battle which lasted seemingly forever. No one wanted to deprive the father of his child, but his physical violence and threats were taken seriously by us and the Judges. At one point we discussed how she would simply leave the country with the baby and go into hiding if the court ordered her to allow him unsupervised visits anywhere. The threat was too real to risk.

For the moment we are more at ease knowing that someone is watching his interaction with the child at all times.

This arrangement is so easy to order and protects the innocent child without denying the father his rights.

You can't sue a judge because he made a bad decision. You can appeal if there are grounds for an appeal. An overturned decision (aka revelation that a deicision was wrong) isn't enough to have personal grounds for suit against a judge. For that matter, neither is a bad outcome, absence official misconduct by the judge.

Yes, Redwine's abherrant lifestyle has been discussed in detail in other threads.
As some of you have suggested, if i were LE, i would be looking closely at him as a possible Perp in other crimes, especially due to his mobile (truck driver) lifestyle. His compulsion and deviant behavior seems to rule his life, compulsion. I also agree with whomever said he looks like a chronic drinker. It's all part and parcel of a demented, warped, abherrent mind.

Speculation and opinion only.
BTW, Dr. P called this one right from the get-go.

Have to run off to finish building a fence,.not mending fences. Read posts until I fell asleep, crying through many of them. I love it when police arrest a perp on Fridays....the perp has a few extra days in jail before their initial appearance before a judge.
And, speaking of "appearances"...fashion designers recommend long pale scarves, tied vertically to
draw attention away from short, fat necks with double chins. The "sweetheart neckline" photo (if you can avoid looking at the filthy lingerie hanging out of his mouth?) just wasn't the best look for his figure.:blushing:
http://www.gorgeautiful.com/how-to-fashionably-hide-specific-body-parts-upper-body-part-part-1/

Research shows that abusers are actually the ones most likely to make those types of false allegations. Most divorces actually pretty run of the mill - two fit and healthy parents just can't be married anymore but go on to coparent their children together. I don't want to hijack Dylan's thread with a long discussion, but the stereotype that fit parents make a lot of false allegations is actually a myth and one that really hampers our ability to effectively combat domestic violence and child abuse.

It's towards the end of this article, sorry for a link but I can't bring myself to type it out.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/dura...lan-redwine-x2019-s-mom-father-is-responsible

RSBM

That is disgusting. Mark is disgusting. Imo.

My thoughts were that the photos were of a criminal nature --as in an illegal liaison , or pics of a crime being committed.

Hard to believe a person could possibly kill over this, though.

Maybe --if MR murdered Dylan-- the sole purpose was to hurt his ex ? :(
:moo:

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/new...ruesome-evidence-found-in-fathers-home?page=2

What he said to his first ex-wife:

Horvath and Redwine were married for six years and had two children together. When they divorced, there was a custody dispute.

"Quite honestly, he was pretty abusive," Horvath said, during a phone interview with Denver7 on Saturday night.

Horvath told investigators that Mark repeatedly violated a custody agreement and told her he would “kill the kids before he let her have them.”

I'll start out with an apology to Tricia, and whoever else moderated back then and is still here now, for my part in the mayhem that happened with this case in the past. I was never convinced that he was innocent, but as long as he hadn't been named a suspect or POI by LE, I refused to accuse him (I have to admit that I was extremely happy when they did name him as a POI, but by then pretty much everything had already been said.) I never believed EH had anything to do with the death, but did wonder if she had taken him, or arranged for him to be taken, when he first disappeared. I wish that had been the case since it would mean Dylan would still be alive and well.

I don't regret continuing to look at other possibilities because I always want to look at all sides of an issue before making up my mind. I do, however, regret any hard feelings I may have caused for people who took things I said personally (or had to clean up messes I may have inadvertently started.) Unfortunately, I'll still continue to try looking at all options in other cases, but I've been trying hard to be more tactful about it. I realize that many people trust their instincts more than I do, and I'm trying hard to stop expecting everyone to look at things the same way I do.

I'm really glad that in this case the obvious suspect ended up being the right one, and I hope their case is as strong as it sounds like it will be. He may have gotten 5 more years of freedom than he deserved, but I hope he gets what he deserves in whatever time he has left.

MR strikes me as the type who truly never wanted his kids in both custody disputes. IMO he just didn't want to pay any support. How was he to raise children when his work took him out on the road. He liked to make life hell for anyone who wronged him (in his eyes)

My step daughter spent nearly $60K in court battles in 2 states to keep her child from being forced into unsupervised visitations, out of state, with the bio dad. Visitation is only allowed in the home state, 4 hours at a time, in a public place for 3 days every other weekend and it is supervised by a neutral party. It was worth every penny. Although he can spend 12 hours with the child every other weekend, he elects to do so for only about 3 hours for many reasons, most of which are valid.

It was a heartbreaking battle which lasted seemingly forever. No one wanted to deprive the father of his child, but his physical violence and threats were taken seriously by us and the Judges. At one point we discussed how she would simply leave the country with the baby and go into hiding if the court ordered her to allow him unsupervised visits anywhere. The threat was too real to risk.

For the moment we are more at ease knowing that someone is watching his interaction with the child at all times.

This arrangement is so easy to order and protects the innocent child without denying the father his rights.

God bless your step daughter for her persistence. The really sad truth of these kind of situations is that most people just do not have the financial means to fight their way through the court system.

In a contentious case, I do not understand why family court judges don't order supervised visits early in the case. Would it not behoove them to err on the side of caution when it comes to a child?

Are family court judges even aware of these cases?

Did he ever have an attorney? Seems as if I remember he never did. When did he move to Washington or was he visiting or working there? I'm so relieved an arrest has been made.

I recall how angry we were with the Judge who ordered this fatal visitation between MR and DR even after Elaine pleaded for him not to be forced to go. Soon after Dylan's murder, the Judge retired with his decision that ended Dylan's life always with him. In my heart, I feel that as soon as the Judge ordered the visit, MR began planning and plotting how he would escape child support payments while at the same time hurt Elaine as much as anyone can be hurt when a mother's child is killed by its shi!!y father.

There was the matter of the child support payment that MR had conveniently written a check for but, had not mailed. Hail, no. He didn't intend to pay Elaine two cents in child support payments.

MR took Dylan to McDs for his final meal on the drive home from the airport. Then, he walked into WalMart on CCTV so we'd know Dylan arrived alive. MR was furious over the court filing he left on the table for DR to read. He blamed DR for this predicament and took the life of his son. Maybe he made sure DR knew why he was being killed.

MR hit his son's head hard with a blunt object twice. I hope it was from behind. Apparently, it happened while Dylan was on the sofa texting his buddies. He wanted to stay overnight with them but Mark said No. He had the premeditation to murder his young son that couldn't be interrupted.

During the tedious search of MRs home, CSI took apart the water connections to the washing machine at the wall, as well, as I recall, as evidence. If they had Mollie, the cadaver dog, hitting on the washing machine, and MRs clothes, and the bed of his truck, case closed!

Additionally, they have blood in several places and a few bones from the mountain terrain, yet they waited until they had the COD from the child's skull. Brilliance and patience on LEs part sealed MRs fate. He can dress however and eat whatever he finds in prison. If ever a death penalty case existed, this one fits the event.
Your post totally put everything into perspective. So detailed I could visually see it happening in my mind. Total evil. He should get the death penalty.

Sent from my HTCD100LVWPP using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member