Early Parole and Missed Opportunities-What happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
went to his house or called him, which is it? this is the "jounalistic integrity" im referring to. he seems to contradict himself.
and here we are again, with the "parole officer saved the day' nonsense. why does a reporter feel the need to cover LE's behind?
and i want to say, the horse manure comment was not name callilng. it was a stance i take on this whole case.

Yes, here we go again, kbl!!! :banghead: READ!!!!!

Yes, here we go again, kbl!!! :banghead: READ!!!!!

well i just read what time posted that he contradicted himself, first said he went to the house and no one was there, then that he called and set up the meeting.
im reading everything posted here, and i dont appreciate the way i feel im being ripped at here.

I won't snip your post this time so that others won't miss it on a new page.

Thanks so much for this. I still wonder, do you think the Berkeley Police would have notified the Sheriff's Office or Antioch PD also? Not to point the finger at them... this just all seems so iffy on the Parole side and I'm actually shocked that they would just do a cursory search of the property and just ask him to come in. I'd think someone would be there with back-ups and do a very thorough search.

I agree with others that you might not have to look that hard to realize there are gates back there - AND on property maps all those properties are perfectly rectangular not irregular shapes. Plus ... kids stuff lying around.

Makes you wonder what would have happened if Garrido didn't take the kids in with him?

I know that you asked it earlier, about the Berkeley officers contacting the Sheriff's Office or Antioch Police. I don't think that would be the normal course they would follow, but I imagine if there had been a problem with contacting the parole agent, they might have followed up with a call to some other law enforcement agency.

Also, they were still considering his application to be allowed to speak on campus, so they did have a followup tactic available.

It does make one wonder what would have happened if he didn't have the kids with him. I am sure the two female officers have stayed up nights thinking about this. After all, Garrido himself acted strange, but it doesn't sound like he acted any stranger than alot of people those officers have run into in their careers. They both said it was the actions, or non-actions of the daughters that really sounded the alarms. And, that, based on just the first 15 minute meeting.

well i just read what time posted that he contradicted himself, first said he went to the house and no one was there, then that he called and set up the meeting.
im reading everything posted here, and i dont appreciate the way i feel im being ripped at here.

The reporter is just reporting what he's being told by Hinkle. The reporter isn't changing the story.

Your feelings are appropriate.

The reporter is just reporting what he's being told by Hinkle. The reporter isn't changing the story.

Your feelings are appropriate.

well my next question would be, why didnt the reporter question hinkle on why he changed his story?

Three different reporters, three different stories, one Hinkle.

I know that you asked it earlier, about the Berkeley officers contacting the Sheriff's Office or Antioch Police. I don't think that would be the normal course they would follow, but I imagine if there had been a problem with contacting the parole agent, they might have followed up with a call to some other law enforcement agency.

Also, they were still considering his application to be allowed to speak on campus, so they did have a followup tactic available.

It does make one wonder what would have happened if he didn't have the kids with him. I am sure the two female officers have stayed up nights thinking about this. After all, Garrido himself acted strange, but it doesn't sound like he acted any stranger than alot of people those officers have run into in their careers. They both said it was the actions, or non-actions of the daughters that really sounded the alarms. And, that, based on just the first 15 minute meeting.

Ok, thanks ... I reread something about this and now I kind of wonder why the Parole officer didn't immediately try to contact Garrido or maybe even ask he be held since he told the Berkeley officer he was a registered sex offender and the parole officer immediately told them he didn't have any children. But someone made the point earlier that they didn't know that he was a child sex offender. Yeah, I'll bet the two Berkeley officers were relieved when he was arrested.

I read in PG's parole paperwork that one of his conditions was that he could not have contact with other felons without prior approval (paraphrasing). We were wondering how he got by with hanging out with JM and his felon employees. I guess we can still ask that question!

I read in PG's parole paperwork that one of his conditions was that he could not have contact with other felons without prior approval (paraphrasing). We were wondering how he got by with hanging out with JM and his felon employees. I guess we can still ask that question!

well im guessing the felons werent at garridos house when the PO was there. ok that was a bit cynical, i know. but really, do we think the po was checking up on who garrido was hanging out with? or local police for that matter?

well im guessing the felons werent at garridos house when the PO was there. ok that was a bit cynical, i know. but really, do we think the po was checking up on who garrido was hanging out with? or local police for that matter?

In a simple word, NO.

It's the Parole Officers job to know all of Garrido's friends.

It's the Parole Officers job to know all of Garrido's friends.

is the po's job to make sure he's not hiding kidanapped women in the backyard too.
im saying cause garrido wasnt openly breaking the law (or his drug parties werent being reported) that the po had the sense that garrido was one of the better parolees. like that report that gave him early release from federal parole in 99 that he was "responding well to treatment" it seems these people all saw what they chose to see and didnt bother to look deeper.

is the po's job to make sure he's not hiding kidanapped women in the backyard too.
im saying cause garrido wasnt openly breaking the law (or his drug parties werent being reported) that the po had the sense that garrido was one of the better parolees. like that report that gave him early release from federal parole in 99 that he was "responding well to treatment" it seems these people all saw what they chose to see and didnt bother to look deeper.

I agree, I didn't say he did his job well. I was responding to your prior post.

I agree, I didn't say he did his job well. I was responding to your prior post.

this case really frustrates me.
i swore to myself 3 years ago i'd never let a case get to me like this is.
but the horror of what happened to jaycee and the incompetence of le has just reinforced my mindset that our justice system is a joke.
if things had been handled right from the start, garrido wouldnt have seen the light of day till after jaycee's 45th birthday.............instead he was out by her 9th.

this case really frustrates me.
i swore to myself 3 years ago i'd never let a case get to me like this is.
but the horror of what happened to jaycee and the incompetence of le has just reinforced my mindset that our justice system is a joke.
if things had been handled right from the start, garrido wouldnt have seen the light of day till after jaycee's 45th birthday.............instead he was out by her 9th.

May I ask which case it is you're referring to? Don't have to answer if it bothers you. :)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-11-04-dugard-kidnap-report_N.htm

Wednesday, the Office of the Inspector General will release a report citing what mistakes may have been made by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in their handling of Garrido's parole.

"I have no sense of embarrassment from my department," said Scott Kernan of the CDCR, a few days after Garrido was arrested. "I think (the department) acted appropriately, and I'm very proud of the officer, and how our agency responded this case."

ETA: the inspector general is investigating the work of the CDCR.

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2009-11-04-dugard-kidnap-report_N.htm

Wednesday, the Office of the Inspector General will release a report citing what mistakes may have been made by the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation in their handling of Garrido's parole.
"I have no sense of embarrassment from my department," said Scott Kernan of the CDCR, a few days after Garrido was arrested. "I think (the department) acted appropriately, and I'm very proud of the officer, and how our agency responded this case."

Exactly, is there not a review being done of the time he was on the federal parole's watch?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back