Early Parole and Missed Opportunities-What happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Shortly after Garrido was arrested in connection with Dugard's rape and kidnapping, a CDCR official hailed the parole agents who had been assigned to Garrido's case, saying that Garrido had complied with his parole conditions and never received a violation.
But the report indicated that while Garrido had never been issued a formal violation from the state of California, he actually committed several violations in the last several years. The report did not list those specific violations.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/phillip-ga...chances-rescue-jaycee/Story?id=8996499&page=2

Shaw, a prison monitor who was appointed by Schwarzenegger, faults state corrections officials for numerous failings since then.

He says parole agents didn't revoke Garrido's parole and send him to prison when the tracking device used to monitor him showed that he had gone beyond a permitted radius from his home; didn't classify him as a high-risk sex offender who would have received more intensive supervision; didn't explore utility wires or other clues to the hidden backyard compound where Dugard and her daughters were allegedly kept; and didn't talk to neighbors who might have revealed their presence.

On one occasion last year, a parole agent encountered a young girl at the house but failed to investigate further, Shaw said.

Local police agencies also have been criticized for missing chances to find Dugard and her daughters earlier. But Shaw criticized state prison officials for taking credit when Garrido was eventually captured.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-jaycee-dugard5-2009nov05,0,1237255.story

I read a very similar article on News 10. The first thing I thought was "Sheesh, this sound like Websleuths without all the other information people have found. ;-)

I read a very similar article on News 10. The first thing I thought was "Sheesh, this sound like Websleuths without all the other information people have found. ;-)

only thing that looks new to me is the 12 year old spotted by the p.o.
i might have missed that somewherelse though.

"The inspector general's report clearly sets out many missed opportunities to bring a much earlier end to the nightmares of Jaycee Dugard and her family," a family spokesperson, who asked not to be identified, told ABCNews.com today, reading from a statement. "We expect that the appropriate authorities will take the necessary action to ensure this never happens again. In addition, Jaycee is fully committed to holding Mr. Garrido accountable for the crimes he has committed."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/phillip-ga...chances-rescue-jaycee/Story?id=8996499&page=1

I hope they sue the state.

"The inspector general's report clearly sets out many missed opportunities to bring a much earlier end to the nightmares of Jaycee Dugard and her family," a family spokesperson, who asked not to be identified, told ABCNews.com today, reading from a statement. "We expect that the appropriate authorities will take the necessary action to ensure this never happens again. In addition, Jaycee is fully committed to holding Mr. Garrido accountable for the crimes he has committed."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/phillip-ga...chances-rescue-jaycee/Story?id=8996499&page=1

I hope they sue the state.

whole list of people/groups she can sue.
i like the last part though "jaycee is fully committed to holding mr garrido accountble for the crimes hes' committed".
i guess she's over that 'bond' huh?
sounds like she will be ready to testify if needed.

Well, either all the hard work of WS members didn't go unnoticed or we are really good at digging up the hidden. It's good to know that we were right on and not just speculating. Now if we can keep this forum from becoming more of a "chat room" maybe we can uncover more crimes and possible corruption related to this case. If not, it may be just too much of a waste of good sleuthers' time.

# Sharon Ito, News10 The Corrections Secretary just said the GPS signal went out every night -- but it wasn't investigated.

Details
2009-11-04 2:25 PM

# Sharon Ito, News10 The inspector general said Garrido's GPS unit lost its signal 335 times.i

Details
2009-11-04 2:24 PM

cate saying a search that occurred the night before Garrido's arrest did not uncover anything. ???

cate saying a search that occurred the night before Garrido's arrest did not uncover anything. ???

The Gs had to have "cleaned" before the search! There's no way they wouldn't have found anything otherwise! They knew they were going to be searched.

I just watched that report and it was sickening.

Fail, fail, fail, fail,

But we did a great job!

If you had just given us 10 more years we would have figured it out.

# Sharon Ito, News10 The Corrections Secretary just said the GPS signal went out every night -- but it wasn't investigated.

Details
2009-11-04 2:25 PM

# Sharon Ito, News10 The inspector general said Garrido's GPS unit lost its signal 335 times.i

Details
2009-11-04 2:24 PM

They said it didn't work inside his house!

They never saw all the wires running through the fence. LOL LOL

Well, news conference is over, and I hope News10 or someone will have it available to replay. Not liking the CDCR very much right now. Not impressed with them.

On thing that Sharon Ito posted: # Sharon Ito, News10 The Corrections Secretary wouldn't disclose whether anyone would be facing disciplinary action as a result of these mistakes.

Sorry, I was watching my son at the same time as the PC.

Did they say the 12 year old was NOT one of Jaycee's daughters? And what was the question near the end that was about Jaycee, to which one of the men responded "Not she has not," or "No she did not"?

I just watched that report and it was sickening.

Fail, fail, fail, fail,

But we did a great job!

If you had just given us 10 more years we would have figured it out.

Sick is how it made me feel, too. It was such an obvious sanitizing that I doubt many will buy their spin. I think there's going to be some backlash from the public as there should be! :furious:

Out of 120 months they failed to do their job 108 months. Boy that guy moved fast when they brought up that chart towards the end.

Yeah, I really want to see that news conference again, it was chock full of stuff and I missed so much of it.

"Following up on the officer’s information, Garrido’s parole agent later that day went to Garrido’s residence with another agent. The parole agents handcuffed Garrido and detained him outside the residence while they searched the house. The parole agents found Garrido’s wife and mother in the residence but no one else. The agents then drove Garrido to the parole office for questioning. During the trip, Garrido explained that the girls who accompanied him to UC Berkeley were the daughters of a relative and that he had permission from their parents to take them to the university. Garrido told the parole agents that a parent had picked up the girls when he returned from UC Berkeley."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back