Early Parole and Missed Opportunities-What happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They said it didn't work inside his house!

Sorry I doubled posted the same - UNBELIEVABLE!

Maybe whoever said he was doing something nefarious with electronics was having some ESP!

"Following up on the officer’s information, Garrido’s parole agent later that day went to Garrido’s residence with another agent. The parole agents handcuffed Garrido and detained him outside the residence while they searched the house. The parole agents found Garrido’s wife and mother in the residence but no one else. The agents then drove Garrido to the parole office for questioning. During the trip, Garrido explained that the girls who accompanied him to UC Berkeley were the daughters of a relative and that he had permission from their parents to take them to the university. Garrido told the parole agents that a parent had picked up the girls when he returned from UC Berkeley."
Holy smokes!!! So, the journalist at The Sacramento Bee was right.

The report includes an aerial of the backyard prison and shows Garrido's GPS tracks for April 15, 2008. They show him in the pool, the 2 tents that are hidden under tarps (Not the one Jaycee and the girls slept in, but the one that is supposedly the shower and the other that had the fold-out couch with the possible blood stain on the floor), and in the soundproof shed, among other places. Interestingly there are also tracks at the next door neighbor's house and shed.

I know I'm thinking the worst here, but ugh.

ETA:
From page 40--
August 16, 1990 Report of white male chasing two adult females in Oakley, California. In September
2009, reporting party identifies subject as Garrido after viewing his picture on
television.

Is this why PG got so squirrely the last year or so according to his acquaintances?

"The administrator said that when he assessed the department’s supervision of Garrido after the parolee was placed on GPS monitoring in April 2008, he applied more intensive requirements.
The department had established new specifications for parolees included in the GPS monitoring program and required parole agents to supervise the GPS parolees as high-risk sex offenders..."

ETA:
From page 40--
August 16, 1990 Report of white male chasing two adult females in Oakley, California. In September
2009, reporting party identifies subject as Garrido after viewing his picture on
television.

Eeg... hard telling what all he has done.

OMG..."Additionally, included in the federal parole file was information regarding a federal agent’s search of the soundproofed recording studio that Garrido maintained in the back of his residence. This studio was located in the concealed compound and was where Garrido allegedly kept Jaycee the first year of her captivity and repeatedly raped her. Information about this recording studio could have provided the parole agent with the knowledge that Garrido’s residence extended well beyond the back fence."

"Following up on the officer’s information, Garrido’s parole agent later that day went to Garrido’s residence with another agent. The parole agents handcuffed Garrido and detained him outside the residence while they searched the house. The parole agents found Garrido’s wife and mother in the residence but no one else. The agents then drove Garrido to the parole office for questioning. During the trip, Garrido explained that the girls who accompanied him to UC Berkeley were the daughters of a relative and that he had permission from their parents to take them to the university. Garrido told the parole agents that a parent had picked up the girls when he returned from UC Berkeley."

The report includes an aerial of the backyard prison and shows Garrido's GPS tracks for April 15, 2008. They show him in the pool, the 2 tents that are hidden under tarps (Not the one Jaycee and the girls slept in, but the one that is supposedly the shower and the other that had the fold-out couch with the possible blood stain on the floor), and in the soundproof shed, among other places. Interestingly there are also tracks at the next door neighbor's house and shed.

I know I'm thinking the worst here, but ugh.

ETA:
From page 40--
television.

OMG! Is anyone besides me flabbergasted at this new information??? They had even more on him than we knew and they still missed Jaycee and her daughters!
Why didn't the PO contact the "relative" whose daughters they were to verify this information???

Oh Lisa! This is making me so angy that I can hardly stand it!!! Where's my BP meds?

What kind of special training did it take to notice any one of these misses?! A 4th grade education!!!

"One reason that department parole agents failed to detect the existence of the compound in the far rear of Garrido’s property is that they had inadequate training. The department’s 10-week
academy does not provide parole agents with satisfactory training on how to perform home inspections. Nor is there adequate on-the-job field training for parole agents after they complete
the academy. Training that provides parole agents with guidance on how to perform effective home inspections, including how to be aware of and receptive to signs of parole violations or other criminal behavior, should be provided to parole agents."

New detail from the OIC report, (not sure if I'll have time to read it all now)...
A new condition had been instituted in Garrido’s parole the month before, in July 2009, prohibiting Garrido from being in the presence of minors, but on August 25, the parole agent and supervisor decided that the condition didn’t apply to Garrido because Garrido had no prior or current convictions involving minors.

Oh Lisa! This is making me so angy that I can hardly stand it!!! Where's my BP meds?

I swear! There is so much here that I think my two year old could have found Jaycee and her girls! What the heck!

Who is the 12 year old? Like the two little girls, why is LE not all up on that?

How did it not register for anyone that this guy is calling the paramedics for a hurt little girl in his swimming pool, when as far as the PO knows he has neither?

What about trying to release him from parole 3 times????!!!

What kind of special training did it take to notice any one of these misses?! A 4th grade education!!!

"One reason that department parole agents failed to detect the existence of the compound in the far rear of Garrido’s property is that they had inadequate training. The department’s 10-week
academy does not provide parole agents with satisfactory training on how to perform home inspections. Nor is there adequate on-the-job field training for parole agents after they complete
the academy. Training that provides parole agents with guidance on how to perform effective home inspections, including how to be aware of and receptive to signs of parole violations or other criminal behavior, should be provided to parole agents."

Here's what you need:

"Oh hey, a gate! Should I open it? Hey, another gate, covered by a tarp, at the house of a guy who is pretty squirrelly, and seems to have a bigger yard than the one I'm standing in. Hmmmmmmm."

On the day that Garrido was eventually arrested for kidnapping, rape, and other sexual crimes, he gave a similar story to his parole agent. He told his parole agent that his three victims, including the two girls he allegedly fathered with Jaycee, were his brother’s children.
Because Garrido’s commitment offense, or controlling offense, did not include minors, his parole at the time did not contain a condition prohibiting him from being in the presence of minors. Therefore, the presence of the 12-year-old girl alone did not violate Garrido’s parole conditions. However, based on Garrido’s criminal history, the parole agent should have confirmed the story that Garrido provided. Included in Garrido’s parole file was information related to a 1972 arrest for drugging and raping a minor. The charges were evidently dropped when the minor refused to testify against Garrido. Nevertheless, this arrest in Garrido’s past should have spurred the parole agent to further investigate Garrido’s story. We easily contacted Garrido’s brother and determined that he did not have a daughter. If the parole agent had taken
this basic investigative step, he would have determined that Garrido was being dishonest and could have investigated further.

<snip>
However, the parole agent apparently accepted Garrido&#8217;s story that the two children belonged to his brother. Instead of contacting Garrido&#8217;s brother on the spot to resolve this conflict, the parole agent drove Garrido back to his residence, released him and instructed him to return to the parole office the next day.
BBM.

It's interesting to me that during the initial questioning by the PO on August 26 about why Garrido was at UC Berkeley with two young girls that, in front of Nancy and both children, Jaycee told the PO that she was their mother. It seems out of place if the "official story" was that all three of them were sisters, and even Starlet and Angel thought this to be true. Was she deviating from "the script" as a cry for help, or just doing her best to make everything okay (given the situation)? It even says "Alyssa said that she was 29 years old, laughingly explaining that she often gets that comment and that people believe she is the girls&#8217; sister". What if he had asked how old the oldest daughter was? And wouldn't the two kids, upon hearing her say she was their mother have been like "Waaaah?"

Did any of you think this was odd?

I believe we have learned that the parole agent has a brain the size of a pea and might just qualify as a medical phenomena.

The most shocking from that report is that parole officer saw a young female, 12 years old (one of JC's daughters?), and didn't investigate. The parole officer believed Garrido had no kids, so the young female should have raised a red flag right way. Boggles the mind.

It's interesting to me that during the initial questioning by the PO on August 26 about why Garrido was at UC Berkeley with two young girls that, in front of Nancy and both children, Jaycee told the PO that she was their mother. It seems out of place if the "official story" was that all three of them were sisters, and even Starlet and Angel thought this to be true. Was she deviating from "the script" as a cry for help, or just doing her best to make everything okay (given the situation)? It even says "Alyssa said that she was 29 years old, laughingly explaining that she often gets that comment and that people believe she is the girls’ sister". What if he had asked how old the oldest daughter was? And wouldn't the two kids, upon hearing her say she was their mother have been like "Waaaah?"

Did any of you think this was odd?
I am not convinced the daughters really didn't know JC was their mother.
I think the daughters might have known but were told to say she was their sister if anyone asked.

I believe we have learned that the parole agent has a brain the size of a pea and might just qualify as a medical phenomena.

Thank you for making me LOL when I'm so incredibly not happy :)

The irony of all this is that they will probably spend our tax dollars issuing him a new identity to protect him from an angry public.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver
Back