Early Parole and Missed Opportunities-What happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Not sure if this link is here already, but on September 17, looks like there was a wake-up call. Yet apparently from this report, they did the same thing the Garrido's home, but just somehow didn't realize his backyard went back as far as it did. He probably told them that mid-fence line was the end of his yard and beyond that his neighbor's property. So there's a flaw that need to be fixed for sure. You need to know your property lines of your search area before you go looking and apparently Parole officers in the past didn't know it either. If they had, none of this would have happened, or at least not on that property.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...w-Meaning-to-Sex-Offender-Sweep-59670647.html

Well i could see one guy being incompetent and not seeing anything, but 6 different guys failing to do the same job says either they cant get good help or they on a regular basis don't check these people out like we think they are, so really if there not checking them out what are they doing? They arent talking to LE who isnt talking to the people who made complaints etc etc etc. :furious:

EXACTLY: I think their job description is - just show up to work and you will eventually get your pension.
While at work do not stir up anything at all, the department does not give a chit.
:furious: :furious: :furious:

Not sure if this link is here already, but on September 17, looks like there was a wake-up call. Yet apparently from this report, they did the same thing the Garrido's home, but just somehow didn't realize his backyard went back as far as it did. He probably told them that mid-fence line was the end of his yard and beyond that his neighbor's property. So there's a flaw that need to be fixed for sure. You need to know your property lines of your search area before you go looking and apparently Parole officers in the past didn't know it either. If they had, none of this would have happened, or at least not on that property.

http://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/loca...w-Meaning-to-Sex-Offender-Sweep-59670647.html

hmmm, he probably told them??? and since when is it that you do not check everything out that a person of his caliber says?

They did a lousy job for 18 years. Lousy! and should be sued. their pensions SHOULD be taken away.
A pension is a bonus for a job well done.
They did no job at all. @#$%^&*

Maybe this is the wrong spot for this and if so I apologize. But, what good are these GPS's or whatever they are on these sicko-pedofiles' ankles. Am I not understanding what they are capable of doing or not doing in keeping track of these nutjobs? We are going to the expense of purchasing and attaching these tracking devices on these 'animals' yet to what good? Have they actually saved someone or convicted someone? My curious mind wants/needs to know.

Interesting gps snippet on youtube:

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxNdmKEFJ5k&feature=channel"]YouTube - Phillip Garrido Wore GPS Bracelet[/nomedia]

They say she wasn't let out of the back yard for 3 1/2 years, presumably that info came from her. So, either her memory is faulty or the tip was wrong (probably made up). If it was that close to where he lives it is kind of ironic, since she may have been found 18 years ago if they had investigated the local sex offenders, even if the tip itself was bogus. But, maybe not, since he wasnt registered at the time.

well 10 years after he was registered he was still having his way.
just a real clusterfrig by every le agency involved

he was a RSO before he came out of hes first jail stunt that was for Violent Rape - sentence 50 years served 14.
Yes he was RSO before he abducted JC.

he was a RSO before he came out of hes first jail stunt that was for Violent Rape - sentence 50 years served 14.

yes the diffrence is after 1999 it switched from fedral supervision to state of california. both are responsible for this nightmare imo

He wasn't registered in California until 1999, when he came off federal parole, so he wouldn't have appeared on investigators radar.

His sentence was 5 years to life in Nevada for the rape plus 50 years in federal prison for the kidnapping. The sentences ran concurrently. He served barely 11 years before being released into the custody of the U.S. Parole Commission in 1988. He didn't register as a sex offender until 1999 when his supervision was handed over to CDCR.

Indeed, he was a sex offender when he abducted JC, but not a registered one.

He wasn't registered in California until 1999, when he came off federal parole, so he wouldn't have appeared on investigators radar.

If this statement is true, then no state should allow a violent felon to reside in a state other than where their federal offense occured. Since his federal offense was in Nevada and you are saying he didn't have to register with CA where he was residing, what good did federal probation do? Why does it exist? This does not make sense at all? Someone had to be responsible for a felon on parole.

Wouldn't this be covered by parole jurisdiction agreements? I am truly at a loss here. I can not understand this!

If this statement is true, then no state should allow a violent felon to reside in a state other than where their federal offense occured. Since his federal offense was in Nevada and you are saying he didn't have to register with CA where he was residing, what good did federal probation do? Why does it exist? This does not make sense at all? Someone had to be responsible for a felon on parole.

Wouldn't this be covered by parole jurisdiction agreements? I am truly at a loss here. I can not understand this!

We all are wondering the same thing, I think, Sunn. Why, when he was under the supervision of the U.S. Parole Commission, didn't his FEDERAL PO make him register in California? The least forthcoming and probably the most negligent of all the deficient LE agencies involved is on the federal level, IMO. Starting with the committee/persons that approved his parole to begin with.

We all are wondering the same thing, I think, Sunn. Why, when he was under the supervision of the U.S. Parole Commission, didn't his FEDERAL PO make him register in California? The least forthcoming and probably the most negligent of all the deficient LE agencies involved is on the federal level, IMO. Starting with the committee/persons that approved his parole to begin with.

Thank you for so eloquently stating what I was trying to get my mind and tongue around.

This is truly scary and how many felons fall into this same lack of supervision!?

Thank you for so eloquently stating what I was trying to get my mind and tongue around.

This is truly scary and how many felons fall into this same lack of supervision!?

Can't say for certain. But I'm fairly confident when I say, I don't think this animal is the only one they let out of the cage at the zoo...

Can't say for certain. But I'm fairly confident when I say, I don't think this animal is the only one they let out of the cage at the zoo...
I agree - wow we finally agree on something.
No, the bafoons would not make such a mistake only once.:rolleyes:

GOOD POST :clap: :clap: :clap:

Several very good points:BBM

Several very good points:BBM

Thank you. That leads me to bring this discussion one step further. This system is obviously broken. Parents of victimized children have been protesting repeat offenders release from prison and lack of monitoring for years. (This case proves it is ineffective by its own merits).

So now on to the real meat and potatoes. What can we, as everyday citizens, do to reform the system as it is now? How can we raise enough awareness and protest to change how monitoring is done right now? What would incite our legislature/leaders to do the right thing? Protests, letter writing campaigns, news media blasts with information that is discovered on these and other forums, victims and their families putting themselves in the public eye, email campaigns, truth in sentencing laws, revoking the possibility of parole for any violent crime? Where do we start?

Thank you. That leads me to bring this discussion one step further. This system is obviously broken. Parents of victimized children have been protesting repeat offenders release from prison and lack of monitoring for years. (This case proves it is ineffective by its own merits).

So now on to the real meat and potatoes. What can we, as everyday citizens, do to reform the system as it is now? How can we raise enough awareness and protest to change how monitoring is done right now? What would incite our legislature/leaders to do the right thing? Protests, letter writing campaigns, news media blasts with information that is discovered on these and other forums, victims and their families putting themselves in the public eye, email campaigns, truth in sentencing laws, revoking the possibility of parole for any violent crime? Where do we start?

They are all good questions, and I think that people like the Smart family and JC's family can do much to change some things. And sit on some committees that will make a difference.

Unfortunately the LE is very flawed and you can not say they don't get paid enough with the nice pensions they get, great perks, days off and more.
Our government is corrupt, and it trickles all the way down.

Sad is the fact that most of our politicians should also be questioned every month, we may find that there is reason why they allow LE to get away with what they get away with. (one hand washes the other)
Sad is the fact that Mo money, Mo money, Mo money is this nations Motto.

Sad is the fact that often times some sit in jail for 15 years and are then released as innocent.
Sad is the fact that some like PG get out, and should not.
Sad is the fact that even judges are often enough on the wrong side, or not awake.
Sad is the fact that we are in the information age and at a click of a computer button they can get all the information they need and they dont.

I have no answers only frustration.

He was supposed to register, but he didn't. It has been suggested that no one told him that he had to, and apparently that isnt unusual. Either way, LE investigating the case would not have had his name pop up when they compared other leads against know sex offenders in the general area, because he wasnt on the list.

When he came off Federal supervision and onto State supervision in 1999, the oversight was picked up and he was registered then. But that was way too late to help LE with their investigations.

Obviously when PG was put on the RSO list in 1999 it was too late :crazy: it only gave him 10 more years to abuse poor JC. It was still an open case.
too late for what?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
:banghead:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back