Early Parole and Missed Opportunities-What happened?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
There is some irony in this, if he had been registered properly when he was supposed to, chances are good that Jaycee would have been found within a few months of the kidnapping and been spared most of the last 18 years. But, if he had been registered he may have killed her fairly quickly because of the risk.

Of course there would have been no Starlet and Angel either, so they might have a different view from the rest of us as well.

Obviously when PG was put on the RSO list in 1999 it was too late :crazy: it only gave him 10 more years to abuse poor JC. It was still an open case.
too late for what?????????????????????????????????????????????????????
:banghead:

It was too late because at the time of the kidnapping and for some months after (when tips would have been flooding in), LE would have screened known sex offenders against what what evidence and tips they had. PG would likely have been picked up in that and subjected to closer scrutiny, except he wasnt on that list at that time, so his name never cropped up. When he finally was added, it was long a cold case and that sort of investigation was not being done any more (since it had allready been completed)

It was too late because at the time of the kidnapping and for some months after (when tips would have been flooding in), LE would have screened known sex offenders against what what evidence and tips they had. PG would likely have been picked up in that and subjected to closer scrutiny, except he wasnt on that list at that time, so his name never cropped up. When he finally was added, it was long a cold case and that sort of investigation was not being done any more (since it had allready been completed)
Now I get it how sad :( cold case.
and she was alive.

Now I get it how sad :( cold case.
and she was alive.

i know the fbi claims now that carl wasnt a suspect all these years but that seems again like they are covering there own butts. if he wasnt a suspect why not come out years ago and publicly clear his name? no. they held on to the belief for 18 years that he killed her and buried her somewhere......but they didnt have enough of a case to bring it to trial.
this is why the case went cold......this is why no suspects were ever checked out, why no effort was made to match the make of the van or the description of the suspects.

i know the fbi claims now that carl wasnt a suspect all these years but that seems again like they are covering there own butts. if he wasnt a suspect why not come out years ago and publicly clear his name? no. they held on to the belief for 18 years that he killed her and buried her somewhere......but they didnt have enough of a case to bring it to trial.
this is why the case went cold......this is why no suspects were ever checked out, why no effort was made to match the make of the van or the description of the suspects.
The ball was droped from the start :furious:
I am getting sick.

The ball was droped from the start :furious:
I am getting sick.

imagine losing the girl you've come to love as your own daughter.
then spend the next 18 years being the fbi's number one patsy and having to listen to rumors and gossip, all the while your marriage disenergrates because of this and losing jaycee.

Here's the answer:
Garrido was ultimately arrested in the kidnapping and rape.

The federal government prosecuted him on the kidnapping charge, while Washoe County prosecuted him on the rape charge, court records indicate.

After serving 10 years in Leavenworth federal penitentiary in Kansas, where he met and married his current wife Nancy, Garrido was granted federal parole and moved to Northern Nevada Correctional Center in Carson City.

Parole records released by the Nevada Board of Parole Commissioners today reveal commissioners denied parole to Garrido at least three times: Feb. 1, 1986; April 1, 1986 and Feb. 1, 1988.

On Aug. 1, 1988, two commissioners granted Garrido parole from Nevada prison with the conditions that he complete a substance abuse treatment program, receive mental health counseling, remain in California, maintain steady employment, undergo drug testing and be subject to search and seizure.

Also released today was a risk assessment sheet that calculated how much time Garrido should serve based on eight questions, including whether he had prior convictions (he had two or more previous convictions that were not detailed), if a weapon was used during the commission of the crime (one was not), and if he was over 18 when he committed the offense.

The numbers are then added up, and Garrido was calculated to be a moderate risk who should serve 10.5 years in prison. He served 11 and was released to his mother's home in Antioch on Aug. 26, 1988.

He remained there until his arrest last week when he showed up at his parole office with his wife, Jaycee Lee Dugard, now 29, whom he called Allissa, and two girls, ages 11 and 15, whom he fathered with Dugard.
http://www.nevadaappeal.com/article/20090831/NEWS/908319991/1058

if anyones intrested in irony, look at the date of his parole release.......august 26 1988. 21 years later his house of cards came tumblinlg down on the same day ;0

imagine losing the girl you've come to love as your own daughter.
then spend the next 18 years being the fbi's number one patsy and having to listen to rumors and gossip, all the while your marriage disenergrates because of this and losing jaycee.
A lot of people should be sued. the man lost his marriage and own daughter too in that fiasco.
He needs to sue them all...

and we are considered to have one of the best legal systems in the world :doh::doh:

A lot of people should be sued. the man lost his marriage and own daughter too in that fiasco.
He needs to sue them all...

and we are considered to have one of the best legal systems in the world :doh::doh:

there have been so many miracles in the last 50 days in this case.
i wonder if it's too much to hope that the next one is a family reunion.

there have been so many miracles in the last 50 days in this case.
i wonder if it's too much to hope that the next one is a family reunion.

I am sure that too will come...all in good time. :dance:

I was just thinking, LE keeps requesting people to come forward about any information on PG and I think it was My2Sis's that said she felt some people were worried about doing that for some reason. So, here's a couple of questions I'd like to throw out there to all you fellow sleuthers:

What do you think would encourage people to come forward?

If people such as those who may have known Phillip, like the guy who was apparently with him in the 1972 rape are still alive and not totally wasted from the 70's drug scene want to speak out, but are afraid of incrimination, what should LE be doing?

One thing that I think personally should be done is more information about PG's past should be released. Particularly any pictures of him from 69-75. (We've seen him in 76, 88 and whenever the one he inserted on his Voices are Real "press release", lol, was taken,( year anyone????) and of course his current cancerous condition.) This guy really seems to change appearances to me during the earlier years. Long hair, short hair, lighter, darker, mustache, no mustache.
After tearing apart the Garrido/Franzen household, they must have earlier pictures of him, ya think?

My personal opinion is that LE is missing the boat by not releasing earlier pictures of this guy if they are really trying to connect him to earlier cases.

What do you think they may be missing and should be doing that we know for sure they're not? Particularly involving public input.

Release of all vehicles owned, when they were owned, any pics of them, etc.

Fill in of any history they know, like if they do or don't know where he was during certain periods with and info on addresses where he lived.

Complete employment or work history, names of bands he was in, etc.

Names of all those prostitutes with more extensive info on them and pictures.

a little more info on the GPS monitor.

"In fact, Garrido wasn't returned to federal prison on the violation, a federal law enforcement source told The Bee on Thursday. He was ordered held in home confinement in the Antioch house from May 10, 1993, until Aug. 31, 1993.

As part of the home confinement process, a parolee is fitted with a GPS monitoring device, and federal officials come to the home to inspect it and install the equipment."

http://www.sacbee.com/197/story/2159944-p2.html

Just to add a little info, I read where the GPS devices were not mandatory in California until 2006.

Just to add a little info, I read where the GPS devices were not mandatory in California until 2006.

Yes, I read that he wasn't fitted with the GPS 'til 2007. So perhaps the feds didn't do that back in 93.

Release of all vehicles owned, when they were owned, any pics of them, etc.

Fill in of any history they know, like if they do or don't know where he was during certain periods with and info on addresses where he lived.

Complete employment or work history, names of bands he was in, etc.

Names of all those prostitutes with more extensive info on them and pictures.

Those two things alone might bring out people who might remember something. These are all good points, I wonder why LE doesn't do this sort of thing? They could simply compose a fact sheet with some pictures on it. Maybe LE agencies need not only be better at informing one another of what their findings are, like all the missed opportunities that happened in this case between them, but of informing the public. The public can be a very, very helpful source. Why couldn't they get together and publish a web page when they're looking into some guy's past like this? Cost? I don't know.

http://www.kcra.com/video/21222973/index.html

This video was posted this morning by AngelwhoCares, and it made me start thinking. Apparently the surveilance cameras at the Chevron weren't installed until 1995, but if PG got gas there all the time do they still have the years after that somewhere? Like the years of the prostitute murders 1998? Or how about any other local gas stations, mini markets, etc. Wonder if anyone's looking through those around the dates of the other crimes?

http://www.kcra.com/video/21222973/index.html

This video was posted this morning by AngelwhoCares, and it made me start thinking. Apparently the surveilance cameras at the Chevron weren't installed until 1995, but if PG got gas there all the time do they still have the years after that somewhere? Like the years of the prostitute murders 1998? Or how about any other local gas stations, mini markets, etc. Wonder if anyone's looking through those around the dates of the other crimes?

Maybe you could contact Hillary Costa, a reporter with the Contra Costa Times covering the Antioch area. That paper has been around for quite a few years. There was another paper back in the 70s called The Antioch Ledger. I don't know when it closed.

What exactly are you looking for from gas stations and mini-marts? Back at the beginning when the media was in the area they talked with all the local businesses and I'm sure they would have reported any little bit of information they gathered. There were hundreds of investigative reporters and other media here for weeks.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela
Back