Early Parole and Missed Opportunities-What happened?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Those two things alone might bring out people who might remember something. These are all good points, I wonder why LE doesn't do this sort of thing? They could simply compose a fact sheet with some pictures on it. Maybe LE agencies need not only be better at informing one another of what their findings are, like all the missed opportunities that happened in this case between them, but of informing the public. The public can be a very, very helpful source. Why couldn't they get together and publish a web page when they're looking into some guy's past like this? Cost? I don't know.

LE seems to have the opinion they are the only ones capable of investigating crimes and are not willing to ask for help from mere citizens. The arrogance irritates the heck out of me.

LE seems to have the opinion they are the only ones capable of investigating crimes and are not willing to ask for help from mere citizens. The arrogance irritates the heck out of me.

3 years ago i was helping on a murder case in vegas as a private citizen worried that a wrongfully accused person was being rairoaded again. the police and prosecutors believed there theories and innuendo were so much better then actual evidence of who the killer(s) were.
the same is true for almost every LE agency. they pick a theory and stick to it. they dont want help from us. we have to force the issue to even get noticed.

Maybe you could contact Hillary Costa, a reporter with the Contra Costa Times covering the Antioch area. That paper has been around for quite a few years. There was another paper back in the 70s called The Antioch Ledger. I don't know when it closed.

What exactly are you looking for from gas stations and mini-marts? Back at the beginning when the media was in the area they talked with all the local businesses and I'm sure they would have reported any little bit of information they gathered. There were hundreds of investigative reporters and other media here for weeks.

As far as the newspapers go, the online archives at the CC Times don't appear to have the classifieds. Libraries used to carry full copies of at least the Sunday papers. Don't know if they still do. Finding out if the Elm St. property was vacant during any of the murders/missing crimes would be extremely interesting. It would also give us a phone number for Patricia Garrido Franzen, possibly of where she was working, and if so, then she obviously wouldn't have had dementia at that time.

As far as the gas station surveillance videos, firstly, we'd be able to find what vehicle(s) PG was using at the time of those murders/missing crimes. Secondly, one might see someone in those vehicles with him, or getting out to get something at the mini market, whatever. Thirdly, they might also show Patricia driving. Again, what dementia?

Remember, no one was interested in PG back then, so no one would have even noticed him if they were questioned about those murders.

[/B]

As far as the newspapers go, the online archives at the CC Times don't appear to have the classifieds. Libraries used to carry full copies of at least the Sunday papers. Don't know if they still do. Finding out if the Elm St. property was vacant during any of the murders/missing crimes would be extremely interesting. It would also give us a phone number for Patricia Garrido Franzen, possibly of where she was working, and if so, then she obviously wouldn't have had dementia at that time.

As far as the gas station surveillance videos, firstly, we'd be able to find what vehicle(s) PG was using at the time of those murders/missing crimes. Secondly, one might see someone in those vehicles with him, or getting out to get something at the mini market, whatever. Thirdly, they might also show Patricia driving. Again, what dementia?

Remember, no one was interested in PG back then, so no one would have even noticed him if they were questioned about those murders.[/QUOTE

i think that this is helpful but its hardly enough to prove he did these other kidnappings/murders ect.
i was on amazon last night and did a 'jaycee dugard' search to see if terry's book is on presale yet. all i got was a couple of books referencing that devaggio and michaud couple, cause they were suspects due to circumstancial evidence, in jaycee's kidnapping.
i wonder if LE did forensics on these vans and cars to see if any of those kidnap victims dna, hair, ect were present

[/B]

Remember, no one was interested in PG back then, so no one would have even noticed him if they were questioned about those murders.

I'm not sure that any of the gas stations or small stores would keep surveillance tapes from that long ago? I bet they have those 24 hour loop tapes (or are they 72 hours?). I think most only keep them if therewas an incident. I love the idea though and hope I am wrong!

i think that this is helpful but its hardly enough to prove he did these other kidnappings/murders ect.
i was on amazon last night and did a 'jaycee dugard' search to see if terry's book is on presale yet. all i got was a couple of books referencing that devaggio and michaud couple, cause they were suspects due to circumstancial evidence, in jaycee's kidnapping.
i wonder if LE did forensics on these vans and cars to see if any of those kidnap victims dna, hair, ect were present[/QUOTE]

Of course it doesn't prove he murdered anyone. Even if it shows one of the hookers in the van with him, it doesn't prove he killed her. lol But it puts him in the right place at the right time. I'm sure LE went over those vehicles with a fine tooth comb. Who knows when or where he was driving those vehicles. Other than the van seen on Google. Phillip spent a lot of time at the wrecking yard, did he have lots of vehicles for a reason? Was he constantly buying "beaters" and fixing them up to drive because he was getting rid of the vehicles that could incriminate him? Who knows? I don't know, but I'd be looking for him on those gas station videos if I were LE. JMO

i wonder if LE did forensics on these vans and cars to see if any of those kidnap victims dna, hair, ect were present

Of course it doesn't prove he murdered anyone. Even if it shows one of the hookers in the van with him, it doesn't prove he killed her. lol But it puts him in the right place at the right time. I'm sure LE went over those vehicles with a fine tooth comb. Who knows when or where he was driving those vehicles. Other than the van seen on Google. Phillip spent a lot of time at the wrecking yard, did he have lots of vehicles for a reason? Was he constantly buying "beaters" and fixing them up to drive because he was getting rid of the vehicles that could incriminate him? Who knows? I don't know, but I'd be looking for him on those gas station videos if I were LE. JMO[/QUOTE]

well obviously if one if the victims is in the car with him that changes things DRASTICALLY. i thought you meant just him driving around in a vehicle that matches a description of one used

I hadn't seen this before and didn't know the PO went to PG's house on Aug. 25, 2009!!! :furious:

Aug. 25: Garrido returns to campus and officials notify parole agent. Agent goes to Garrido's home but sees nothing amiss. Also summons Garrido to his office.
Aug 26: Agent summons Garrido to his office again.

Attachments

• 5W4GARRIDOTIMELINE.xlgraphic.prod_affiliate.4.jpg
    5W4GARRIDOTIMELINE.xlgraphic.prod_affiliate.4.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 7
I hadn't seen this before and didn't know the PO went to PG's house on Aug. 25, 2009!!! :furious:

Aug. 25: Garrido returns to campus and officials notify parole agent. Agent goes to Garrido's home but sees nothing amiss. Also summons Garrido to his office.

I just don't get it... do they not look through the entire property when they go to their houses, particularly after a complaint?

I just don't get it... do they not look through the entire property when they go to their houses, particularly after a complaint?

Especially after a complaint from Berkeley LE!!! This doesn't make any sense. Thank heavens he thought he was smarter than LE or this would have given him time to kill his victims!!!!

That's the first time I've heard that too, where's that article from?

I don't think that Sacbee thing is accurate regarding the parole agent going to his house on that Tuesday. I have been trying to find another source to back up what I believe is true, but so far, no luck. In any case, I am 99% sure that it is wrong on that point.

Same article: http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/2158594.html

"One of the men was Garrido, Orman said, and they began giving the girls barbiturates. For some reason that Orman said isn't clear, a police car began chasing the car but the men were able to elude it and ended up at a house near where Garrido lived until his arrest last week. Orman said it may have been the same house but authorities are not certain because many of the records from then are not available."

Obviously it wasn't the same house... Patricia didn't own it in 1972!

I don't think that Sacbee thing is accurate regarding the parole agent going to his house on that Tuesday. I have been trying to find another source to back up what I believe is true, but so far, no luck. In any case, I am 99% sure that it is wrong on that point.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&...6,-108.149414&spn=23.731883,46.757812&t=p&z=5

They also have it on this googlemap timeline. If it isn't correct someone should contact them. They are an important local source for current and accurate news on this case.

ha! If I did, I don't think I ever looked at the timeline insert. Thank you!

Well, I can't keep track of anything any more! I wish the details were more organized. I'm guilty of posting to the wrong threads just because I can't remember where it should go! :blushing:

Same article: http://www.sacbee.com/latest/story/2158594.html

"One of the men was Garrido, Orman said, and they began giving the girls barbiturates. For some reason that Orman said isn't clear, a police car began chasing the car but the men were able to elude it and ended up at a house near where Garrido lived until his arrest last week. Orman said it may have been the same house but authorities are not certain because many of the records from then are not available."

Obviously it wasn't the same house... Patricia didn't own it in 1972!

Good catch. Did she live in Brentwood? I think I had a bit of trouble before deciding what happened when her and Manuel got divorced (1971?). House ownership records should be available for back then (abstracts, I don't know).

This story seems to have different details, not neccesarily conflicting, depending on what article you read.

In April 1972, Garrido met two teenage girls at the public library in Antioch, Calif., Orman said. He took the two girls on a joy ride around Antioch, then brought him to his house, where they partied in a shed in the backyard and he gave them drugs. Then he took one of them to a nearby motel, where she says he sexually assaulted her multiple times, Orman said.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/brea...May-Have-Started-in-1972-Police-56922542.html

How can they not know what the address of the house was?

Good catch. Did she live in Brentwood? I think I had a bit of trouble before deciding what happened when her and Manuel got divorced (1971?). House ownership records should be available for back then (abstracts, I don't know).

This story seems to have different details, not neccesarily conflicting, depending on what article you read.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/brea...May-Have-Started-in-1972-Police-56922542.html

How can they not know what the address of the house was?

What happened to the other girl when PG left with the victim and took her to the motel? Did PG leave her drugged with the other guy he was with and did HE rape her and if so, maybe there's a police report on him? LE should check all reported rapes in that time frame.

I wonder if the Garrido family knew the previous owners of the Walnut Ave. house before Patricia bought it?

Which car did PG own then, the Olds? This area was a small community and the cops knew all the "young people" here. How did they give chase and not catch him? Then days later the victims parents find her in a motel? Something isn't right with this. I know LE "lost" the reports, but shouldn't there be some record of the preliminary hearing or something other than just the police report? Garrido was arrested and booked in Martinez County Jail.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jasonax3
Back