Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked

During a press conference just broadcast on CNN it was revealed that the family members of patient Duncan who are quarantined have been non-compliant with the quarantine. They were not at home when the CDC came to take their temperature. In addition, they sent one of their children back to school. The CDC came to the school and removed the child from the classroom.

This is not good.

Again they clearly do not have this under control.. If my child were in that school I'd be livid.. Well I would have already taken my child out of the school

Maybe a quarantine jail will be more to their liking.:jail:

I voted for Obama, but I sure wish he'd close the borders to those flying in from Liberia, Sierra Leone, Nigeria, and Guinea.

There is no more Ebola in Nigeria. They had an outbreak due to an American citizen and managed to contain it and it is now over. Why would you exclude Nigerians?

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by AlwaysShocked

During a press conference just broadcast on CNN it was revealed that the family members of patient Duncan who are quarantined have been non-compliant with the quarantine. They were not at home when the CDC came to take their temperature. In addition, they sent one of their children back to school. The CDC came to the school and removed the child from the classroom.

This is not good.

Again they clearly do not have this under control.. If my child were in that school I'd be livid.. Well I would have already taken my child out of the school

Maybe a quarantine jail will be more to their liking.:jail:

Well apparently if we do something like that there is a contingent of the public who will characterize it as "Obama putting people in detention camps!". :rolleyes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I have been following along, but not posting much. I guess it caught my interest, since I was in Dallas this past weekend for my mom's birthday. My thoughts are that this man was very selfish, sorry. I love nothing more in this world than my family, especially my husband and two children and yes I probably would have lied on the intake form so I could get to better health care, but upon arrival to the states, I would ABSOLUTELY have fessed up to authorities that I had been exposed (maybe I would have even lied and said that the family I had helped had called me on my cell phone to tell me she did have Ebola) so that then I would have been quarantined. I WOULD NOT under any circumstances even on a slim chance, have exposed my dearest loves to something like this. That is where I think this man was a selfish SOB, sorry.

To the hospital that missed it, I had a former friend who wanted to be a nurse. She failed the entry test about 10 times before they finally lowered the grade needed to be accepted into the LVN program at this particular school (Houston, tx) before she was finally admitted and passed and is now licensed. She didn't ever follow the news, read the paper, or anything like that and I am fairly sure this is why the information was not immediately deciminated to the attending physician and RN overseeing him. She or he probably had no idea there was an outbreak in Liberia. There are lots and lots of people, unfortunately, who would much rather watch reality TV or Netflix movies and have no real idea or handle on what is going on in the world. This person would probably not realize how critical the information they were being told was, kwim?

Finally, I personally am glad this is coming to light and people are talking about, even catastrophizing about it because it is now causing more hospitals to do testing and hopefully no more cases like this will crop up.

I don't know what to think about the shoddy cleanup job being done, or the reports that family members are not complying with the quarantine. That is just wrong on so many levels, it makes America look foolish at best.

What state would you have suggested?? Noone would want this guy except for maybe the 4 isolation unit hospitals. The health care workers who came here for treatment were open about their exposure so that noone else got infected and proper precautions were taken. This guy Thomas Eric was a selfish liar who didn't care who he exposed as long as he got treatment in the US. I hope there is NO ZMapp available for him!!! GRRRR!

A law should be drawn up very quickly making it a serious crime to knowingly hide the fact that you might have been exposed to Ebola.<modsnip>When are we going to protect ourselves from this deadly virus? <modsnip>

Just remember how we were all told that Ground Zero in Manhattan wasn't dangerous, either.

I wonder how many more cases it will take for the US to ban flights/ entries from affected nations?

One of the articles said the World Health Organization does NOT want commercial flights to infected areas to be cancelled because that would make it difficult to move personnel and supplies around.

I guess I'm the odd ball out when it comes to answering the questions truthfully. I would have said I came in contact with Ebola and I would have waited the 21 days before leaving. I would not want someone to get infected b/c I want better treatment. I survive but infect several others who end up dying...would not want to live no more, knowing I killed those people.

Four members of a family the U.S. Ebola patient was staying with were confined to their Texas home under armed guard Thursday as the circle of people possibly exposed to the virus widened and Liberian authorities said they would prosecute the man for allegedly lying on an airport questionnaire.

Duncan filled out a series of questions about his health and activities before leaving on his journey to Dallas. On a Sept. 19 form obtained by The Associated Press, he answered no to all of them.
Among other questions, the form asked whether Duncan had cared for an Ebola patient or touched the body of anyone who had died in an area affected by Ebola.

http://www.foxcarolina.com/story/26...ome?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter
So, possibly contaminating our entire country boils down to someone checking off particular boxes on a piece of paper? Really? We never considered that someone might actually lie? Try to sneak into the US any way they could? Are we that damn stupid? Or are our officials concerned more about being politically correct than protecting us?

Wonder if the planes that guy traveled on got a thorough scrubbing before or after traveling to 27 "more cities? I'm going to guess after.

I read an article not too long ago (think it was Buzzfeed, can't find it now), but it talked about the worst things people do on planes. One of them was changing baby diapers on the food tray behind most seats. Someone saying they were a steward explained in the article that they do not wipe down all the trays after the flights. They mainly pick up trash and make things tidy. It could be up to 36-hours before the plane sees a good detail.

EEK.

(goes and searching for that link now)

Just FYI non Americans get passports all the time usually tourist visas but there's many of them.. My daughters husband from Costa Rica was here six months on a tourist visa.. Maybe that's what the guy from Liberia had idk

Many alerts coming from this thread... Closing while I review and clean up...

Opening the thread back up but please be mindful of the following:

1) Blogs must be approved before posting.
2) Snark, condescension and personalized posts need to cease.
3) Posts about the political aspects or ramifications need to be taken to the designated area on the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clm79