Ebola outbreak - general thread #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While people make fun of the Daily Mail many times, it is amazing to me that they have the latest news with the most details first.

My sister swears by Daily Mail. She has the application and everything and says they are never wrong.

I am in shock at how this is being handled down there. I really am.

Seriously. This is not ONE mistake. This has been one screw up after another. The US can not handle the situation. Ignorance, negligence, whatever. The CDC and officials keep saying it won't spread, but we need to look at this realistically.
The response by our health dept and the CDC has failed to control this case on every level. And obviously the first case, and his relatives, could give a rat's *advertiser censored** if they infect others. Quarantine for contact cases, and a 21 day quarantine for anyone who enters the US that has been in area that has cases of ebola. JmO

Thank you for that link.

What a fabulous story - amazing woman.

On a really shallow note, did you scroll through the pictures and see Fatu's mum? There is no way she looks 57 years old. No way!

I agree! Amazing woman. And wow....she is beautiful...and so is her mama!

One patient can shut down a hospital. Shortage of IV fluids right now and that's what Ebola patients desperately need.

From my link above about the photojournalist.

We are also taking all possible measures to protect our employees and the general public. The rest of the crew, including Dr. Nancy, are being closely monitored and show no symptoms or warning signs. However, in an abundance of caution, we will fly them back on a private charter flight and then they will place themselves under quarantine in the United States for 21 days – which is at the most conservative end of the spectrum of medical guidance.
Even the media is placing their people under quarantine - just to be cautious!

you do realize you can't spread the virus until you are actually sick don't you?

How does a person know when the first contacted it?.......When "they" become symptomatic .........are they alone?......sneezing in a waiting room?.....

EXCLUSIVE: Friend of Ebola victim put in 'quarantine' after visiting apartment where sick man was 'vomiting wildly' reveals his fears - and that the CDC have NOT ordered him to stay indoors

Aaron Yah, 43, from Dallas, last saw Ebola victim Duncan on Sunday - the day he was taken to hospital

Yah and his family are now being monitored by CDC officials - but Yah, a nursing assistant, is worried that he has not been told to stay inside

He is staying home and his children - who often went to the apartment where Duncan was staying - have been told to stay off school until Oct 17

Yah said: 'Maybe someone will bring us food. Or can I use my card to get some if I sanitize it'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...C-NOT-ordered-stay-indoors.html#ixzz3F2NASVmn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member