Ebola outbreak - general thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so after watching the video about the Dr. who was treated at Emory University, well it turns out the staff used BLEACH as a disinfectant (yes, a very cutting edge disinfectant, but make sure the bleach hasn't expired, it will still bleach your clothes after a year but it isn't so good at killing germs, and keep the water/bleach solution fresh, no link just work experience).

Someone needs to tell the hospital in TX that apparently bleach works. :rolleyes:.

Does anyone know how the ebola acts? First signs til either cured or death?
Duncan is too weak to talk on phone, but is it just because he is exhausted from being so ill or something more grave?
How bad was he before he got to the hospital?
Did they ever release this info?

Duncan is too weak to talk on phone, but is it just because he is exhausted from being so ill or something more grave?

Too busy trying to prosecute him, and cover for the bumbling. GRRRRR JMO

I went to the doctor today for flu-like symptoms, low grade fever, sore throat, upper resp issues, swollen glands, even at our little clinic the doctors both, saw one student doc, then the real doc, both asked me if I had traveled lately. I was very impressed. Turns out I have a virus, just rest and water, (unless my strep test comes back positive). But I really was impressed that they asked....IMHO

For those who may have missed the White House Press Briefing:

[video]http://po.st/TiJTg3 via @po_st[/video]

Re: Hazmat
If the virus only lives for up to 6 days, why clean the patient's home on the 5th day? Since they waited this long, it seems it would be safer to wait until tomorrow, on the 6th day, to begin the decontamination.

Why is the Dallas Mayor angry about the family living in quarantine? I imagine he is angry over the expense of treating this one case of Ebola in America; however, I don't understand his ire over the people who are being ordered into quarantine.

These people have no power, apparently are dealing with some form of health issues, were not ordered to stay in, yet are doing so out of respect for the public, running out of food, diapers....What is wrong here. Someone needs to be making them comfortable during this lock down, no one is answering them....omg how horrid. They have to be afraid too, how very wrong on so many levels....this makes me mad.

I think we are prepared to hear that they all will be patients soon. and more in the next few days...............

LOL. It is a "federal matter". It sounds darn good for the county prosecutors to release a video and a statement even if it doesn't mean jack chit.

Texas doesn't seem to be handling this well at all. Their spin during a crisis is pathetic, someone needs to go there to sort things out asap.

Any statements from the Feds regarding this situation? What do they plan to do???

“If it warrants a Dallas County prosecution then we will pursue it. But it may be more of a federal issue.”

After the recording, Watkins admitted he does not know exactly what the DA’s office could charge Duncan with.

JMOO, I feel at the USA really not prepared for this in large cities like they should be.
Sounds like Dallas is running around like scared mice. No offense to the good people of Dallas...........it could happen here also. Pittsburgh has an international airport also.
I am getting allot of mixed messages from what I read and the news.
Who & what do we believe?
I'm going to buy allot of bleach before it is a rare thing!

These people have no power, apparently are dealing with some form of health issues, were not ordered to stay in, yet are doing so out of respect for the public, running out of food, diapers....What is wrong here. Someone needs to be making them comfortable during this lock down, no one is answering them....omg how horrid. They have to be afraid too, how very wrong on so many levels....this makes me mad.

They could call 911 and get transported to a hospital if they need assistance. And they had food delivered! Many boxes, and likely diapers and whatnot too!

The pic of the delivery guy is posted a few pages back.

Duncan was able to walk out to the ambulance after 911 was called. His condition upon arrival at the hospital was that Duncan complained of headache, joint pain, chills, fever, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. The conjunctiva, the white portion of the eye, was red.

Remember the lady he assisted in Liberia that died; she had become too weak to walk. As the virus continues to grow and mutate, it breaks down body tissue, muscles, organs, etc and they become liquefied. Orifices, such as, the nose, mouth and private parts, begin to leak bloody mixture.

They could call 911 and get transported to a hospital if they need assistance. And they had food delivered! Many boxes, and likely diapers and whatnot too!

That was to the ebola guys house not to the step daughters house

I think they delivered food etc to them because the reporters contacted CDC about this family situation.. It's outrageous..

Today MailOnline returned to the family's small apartment to find a family without answers, without power following violent electrical storms that brought down lines and running low on food, water and diapers for their youngest child.

MailOnline contacted CDC officials on behalf of the family after our visit to their home. An official said she would pass on the information.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...24-hours-sneezing-coughing.html#ixzz3F7d1Idpn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Thank you y'all for the Mail online links. The photo of the young lad peeping out of the door is so sad.

Waiting on word from Toronto as to whether someone in quarantine at Toronto General Hospital has ebola. News should come out by 10 pm.

I have a feeling that the CDC has been left out of the loop with the Dallas case. The CDC KNOWS how to set up and conduct isolation, in- house isolation, bio-hazard clean up, and humane services such as food delivery and check ups for the family or families in in- home isolation ( sometimes called quarantine).

I have read the CDC procedures for this level of isolation, and it is contact isolation. Meaning body fluids and direct exposure to the source of infection are the modes of transmission.
I do not understand why the health care managers here in TX are not working hand in hand with the CDC. I've worked with CDC officials, and I know that at the time I worked with them on some very unusual infectious diseases found in immigrants from other countries, the CDC was staffed with medical and nursing personnel who knew how to isolate for the specific pathogen.

I am ashamed and have just a bit of fear that I am a Texan for the past two weeks. I have never seen so many people fall apart under stress. Nurses, EMTs, Paramedics, doctors, are all taught various forms of isolation and we do institute isolation for conditions other than Ebola.
Take the name of the pathogen away, and I think people would have functioned better because an element of what appears to be extreme fear would have been removed. That's a very sad commentary on the professionalism of those involved in keeping the public safe.

That was the infected quarantined apartment that received supplies. It is the daughter, her husband, and 3 kids that are w/o power, food, and diapers.

The food was delivered to the apartment where Duncan was staying. That article is about the daughter, her husband and their children. They visited the apartment when Duncan was there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tinas79