Ebola outbreak - general thread #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
gated community set aside for such a thing as Ebola................WTH???
Never heard of such a thing! wonder if we are not to know that they are all in a hospital???
Is this some sort of 'camp' for diseases?
what about the cars & people that take them to their new home etc???
this is so crazy!

sorry just read about the donated house

This is just a curiosity question, it has nothing to do with the treatment of the Ebola patient.

Is this family American and if not, are they here legally? The ones we've heard speak, do so with an accent that is not an American dialect. I read somewhere that Duncan had family in the Charlotte/Kannapolis, NC area. However, that is not a southern accent either. It sounds like English is a second language for them.

gated community set aside for such a thing as Ebola................WTH???
Never heard of such a thing! wonder if we are not to know that they are all in a hospital???
Is this some sort of 'camp' for diseases?
what about the cars & people that take them to their new home etc???
this is so crazy!

There are ambulances that are equipt for transporting patients in quarantine with infectious diseases. Hopefully this is how the family was transported.

Right, a house in a gated community? Maybe Dallas has some mental facilities that recently shut due to the economy cuts so they have been transferred there? This is not said as snarky, but the state I live in could do this.

ETA: what I am thinking about are small houses on the property that certain people working at the facility lived in. This is the situation in my state.

There's something else significant in NE, right? Oh man, gotta adjust my tinfoil hat. It just sparkled with mania on that one .

I believe it's because NE has a hospital with an unit that is equipped for highly infectious diseases.
TX doesn't.

Four relatives of the Texas Ebola patient who have been confined to their Dallas apartment moved to a home in a gated community the use of which was given to them by an anonymous donor, according to a Dallas city official.
The city had a difficult time finding a home for the family of Thomas Eric Duncan because no one wanted to take them in, according to Sana Syed, a spokesperson for the city of Dallas.
Cleanup crews discovered today that Duncan slept on every mattress in the apartment, said Syed. They previously thought he only slept on one.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-...moving-undisclosed-location/story?id=25948830

OMG!!! Now all of them will be infected!

Right, a house in a gated community? Maybe Dallas has some mental facilities that recently shut due to the economy cuts so they have been transferred there? This is not said as snarky, but the state I live in could do this.

House in a gated community doesn't sound like a mental facility at all to me.. Sounds like someone who wants to piss off their old neighbors to me..

Four relatives of the Texas Ebola patient who have been confined to their Dallas apartment moved to a home in a gated community the use of which was given to them by an anonymous donor, according to a Dallas city official.
The city had a difficult time finding a home for the family of Thomas Eric Duncan because no one wanted to take them in, according to Sana Syed, a spokesperson for the city of Dallas.
Cleanup crews discovered today that Duncan slept on every mattress in the apartment, said Syed. They previously thought he only slept on one.
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/ebola-...moving-undisclosed-location/story?id=25948830

OMG!!! Now all of them will be infected!

I agree. Most likely all of them are infected already. Why not put them in isolation into a hospital right away?
If I were living in that gated community, I would really be angry right now.
And why in Earth did Duncan sleep on every mattress in the apartment? This guy presumably knew he was in contact with an Ebola patient.
What was he thinking?

What would possibly be the reason to sleep on every mattress? I don't get it.

Gated Community and probably a HOA.

Oh dear....

- and yes, I do leave the tv on when I leave the house. My dogs watch CNN..... :blushing:

Cleanup crews discovered today that Duncan slept on every mattress in the apartment,

???? He slept on every mattress in the apartment? Huh??

I agree. Most likely all of them are infected already. Why not put them in isolation into a hospital right away?
If I were living in that gated community, I would really be angry right now.
And why in Earth did Duncan sleep on every mattress in the apartment? This guy presumably knew he was in contact with an Ebola patient.
What was he thinking?
I'm guessing he's going to play dumb once he finds out he could be prosecuted. I didn't know it was Ebola, I just thought Marthalene had a miscarriage and cut her tongue, and I got the flu.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned ..i'm just catching up....but if this virus takes 3 wks or less to make someone sick....why can't the government put a three wk ticket policy on people traveling from Africa to the US. I know it wouldn't help if someone was exposed during those three wks....but it would bring the number down and they could ask the others if in the last three wks..."have you been exposed". If someone were to be coming to this country after being around someone with the virus ..the three wk period would keep them in Africa. Get a ticket three wks out to be able to travel?

so we really don't know if after you make it through ebola virus, what happens and how long you could infect others if they are afraid to jail him later!

Now I know why my relatives were held at Ellis Isle a hundred years ago.
Maybe we should have everyone from there held in a special place to make sure they do not carry diseases into the states! Citizen or not................

anderson cooper show cnn.........more on Duncan
& this is a 'learning' session

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members