Ebola outbreak - general thread #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they delivered food etc to them because the reporters contacted CDC about this family situation.. It's outrageous..

Today MailOnline returned to the family's small apartment to find a family without answers, without power following violent electrical storms that brought down lines and running low on food, water and diapers for their youngest child.

MailOnline contacted CDC officials on behalf of the family after our visit to their home. An official said she would pass on the information.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...24-hours-sneezing-coughing.html#ixzz3F7d1Idpn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
I think we have to be careful about what to believe from some of the sources, like MailonLine, CNN, that other UK place, etc. Spin.

I think they delivered food etc to them because the reporters contacted CDC about this family situation.. It's outrageous..

Today MailOnline returned to the family's small apartment to find a family without answers, without power following violent electrical storms that brought down lines and running low on food, water and diapers for their youngest child.

MailOnline contacted CDC officials on behalf of the family after our visit to their home. An official said she would pass on the information.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...24-hours-sneezing-coughing.html#ixzz3F7d1Idpn
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

I wonder if the MailOnline reporters are taking precautions so they don't get infected.

Just watching local wfaa channel 8. A reporter live at the scene said ' to be clear, this family is not showing ANY symptoms'. So hopefully that earlier report of them sneezing and coughing was in error !

Just watching local wfaa channel 8. A reporter live at the scene said ' to be clear, this family is not showing ANY symptoms'. So hopefully that earlier report of them sneezing and coughing was in error !

Thanks.

I have to say that the DM are past masters at stirring up hysteria. Even if the children were coughing, that is not a symptom of Ebola anyway.

There's so many different news stories, doctors opinions, etc... I just don't know who to believe :notgood:

What I understand from the administration presser is that DALLAS , it's county and the state of Texas and their ordinances, regulations and laws comprise the jurisdiction (legal) of this event. Tests of Duncan are forwarded to the CDC, but the jurisdiction of this event (crisis) is, for now at least, NOT Federal. CDC counsels, but CDC does not run the show. JMO

Oh my I just heard the newsman will be going to NEBRASKA! why in so many areas?

Quarantined family moved to new location
I don't think this is such a good idea. What if now one of them gets ebola? Then that apartment will need to be disinfected. I feel sorry for the apartment complex owner who will have a difficult time leasing out that unit and probably others will leave when their lease expires.

As Ebola's Spread Continues, Key Questions and Answers About Virus

Where did the disease come from, how does it spread, and can it mutate?

It is much less contagious than the common cold.

The international community got more serious about helping end the outbreak in September, with the United States committing nearly $1 billion and authorizing 3,000 troops to go to the region to help with logistics. Help from other countries, including Cuba and China, and from the European Union is also beginning to arrive in West Africa.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/...s-ebolafacts&utm_campaign=Content&sf4971375=1

Omaha NE is one of four hospitals set up right for ebola patients and other infectious disease

There's something else significant in NE, right? Oh man, gotta adjust my tinfoil hat. It just sparkled with mania on that one .

Just got in and channel 11 says the people have been moved to a house in a gated community set aside for this.

Above may have errors

News conference at 7 central. Sorry, can't provide link at the moment. My computer is playing silly buggers right now.

I can provide CBS page though: http://dfw.cbslocal.com/ Hope that helps you.

There's something else significant in NE, right? Oh man, gotta adjust my tinfoil hat. It just sparkled with mania on that one .
The NBC camera person with ebola is being sent there iirc

Just got in and channel 11 says the people have been moved to a house in a gated community set aside for this.

Above may have errors

I heard someone who owned the house heard their story and felt sorry for them so is I guess donating to them or renting or free idk? Bet the neighbors are freaking out!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paolo67