Ebola outbreak - general thread #4

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I apoligize if this was already said: on Fox 4 Dallas news this morning ( THIS MORNING) the hazmat clean up crew was leaving Presby Hospital and they were there to sanatize after Eric Duncans ER Visit (WHAT????) WTH!!!!!!! should this not have been done weeks ago? ARE YOU KIDDING ME, my hubby spit coffee across the room - I totally forgot to post this earlier Im sure locals saw that , Thoughts on that lack of response , anyone?

I didn't get to catch this mornings news. 12 news is starting Ill see if they repeat it. It does not shock me that they are waiting so long. Faith that these <modsnip> know what they are doing went away 2 days after we heard about Thomas having Ebola. It only went down hill from there.

Breaking911 &#8207;@Breaking911 5m5 minutes ago
JUST IN: British man suspected of contracting Ebola has died in Macedonia, according to a senior government official

Shimon Prokupecz retweeted
AnneClaire Stapleton &#8207;@AnneClaireCNN 3m3 minutes ago
#CNN: The UK Foreign & Commonwealth Office are currently investigating reports of the death of a British man in Macedonia from #Ebola

Thank you for this information.

There is a breaking news banner on the BBC News website - but it seems to be linking to the wrong Ebola article at the moment.

I wonder how and where he contracted it (if Ebola is confirmed) and what he was doing in Macedonia. And then of course all of the resultant concerns about where he was ill, where he died and who came into contact with him.

Changing the subject slightly, they mentioned on the radio news as I was driving home that the Spanish nurse might have been provided with the wrong kind of gloves - has anyone else read or seen anything about that?

Thank you for this information.

There is a breaking news banner on the BBC News website - but it seems to be linking to the wrong Ebola article at the moment.

I wonder how and where he contracted it (if Ebola is confirmed) and what he was doing in Macedonia. And then of course all of the resultant concerns about where he was ill, where he died and who came into contact with him.

Changing the subject slightly, they mentioned on the radio news as I was driving home that the Spanish nurse might have been provided with the wrong kind of gloves - has anyone else read or seen anything about that?

Since they have her on CCTV, it should be easy to tell.

I can hear WFAA news in the other room and they say there is a slight improvement and symptoms not consistent with Ebola but taking no chances and he's still in isolation.

Kelly: Southcom Keeps Watch on Ebola Situation

By Jim Garamone
DoD News, Defense Media Activity
WASHINGTON, Oct. 8, 2014 &#8211; The potential spread of Ebola into Central and Southern America is a real possibility, the commander of U.S. Southern Command told an audience at the National Defense University here yesterday.

&#8220;By the end of the year, there&#8217;s supposed to be 1.4 million people infected with Ebola and 62 percent of them dying, according to the [Centers for Disease Control and Prevention],&#8221; Marine Corps Gen. John F. Kelly said. &#8220;That&#8217;s horrific. And there is no way we can keep Ebola [contained] in West Africa.&#8221;

This is a particularly possible scenario if the disease gets to Haiti or Central America, he said. If the disease gets to countries like Guatemala, Honduras or El Salvador, it will cause a panic and people will flee the region, the general said.

&#8220;If it breaks out, it&#8217;s literally, &#8216;Katie bar the door,&#8217; and there will be mass migration into the United States,&#8221; Kelly said. &#8220;They will run away from Ebola, or if they suspect they are infected, they will try to get to the United States for treatment.&#8221;

http://www.defense.gov/news//newsarticle.aspx?id=123359

Check out this incompetence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUIAd8jdnT4

Published on Oct 6, 2014
Video shows EMTs and Paramedics how to properly install and remove Personal Protective Equipment that will protect them while transporting possible Ebola patients. Voiceover by Herbert "Trey" Frankovich, Director of Galveston County Health District's Emergency Medical Service.

This scares the crap out of me.

[h=1]Ebola crisis: 'British man dies of disease in Macedonia'[/h][h=2]A British man suspected of having Ebola has died in Macedonia, and a second man is believe to be fighting the disease, officials have said.[/h]
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...British-man-dies-of-disease-in-Macedonia.html

Following news of the death of a British man in Macedonia from Ebola, RTL reports that 60 people are locked inside a Department of Medical and Social Coordination (DASS) building in Cergy-Pontoise (on the northeast edge of Paris) following Ebola-like symptoms in 4 people.

translated
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-...ding-after-4-suspected-ebola-cases-near-paris

original
http://www.rtl.fr/actu/societe-fait...se-boucles-un-cas-d-ebola-suspecte-7774748627

I apoligize if this was already said: on Fox 4 Dallas news this morning ( THIS MORNING) the hazmat clean up crew was leaving Presby Hospital and they were there to sanatize after Eric Duncans ER Visit (WHAT????) WTH!!!!!!! should this not have been done weeks ago? ARE YOU KIDDING ME, my hubby spit coffee across the room - I totally forgot to post this earlier Im sure locals saw that , Thoughts on that lack of response , anyone?

It is my understanding that the hazmat crew was there to sanitize the room, equipment & dispose of the bedding in the room where Duncan died, not the ER.

Check out this incompetence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gUIAd8jdnT4

Published on Oct 6, 2014
Video shows EMTs and Paramedics how to properly install and remove Personal Protective Equipment that will protect them while transporting possible Ebola patients. Voiceover by Herbert "Trey" Frankovich, Director of Galveston County Health District's Emergency Medical Service.

This scares the crap out of me.

Both would have had their hands covered in the virus. Seems it would be better if an extra person was there somewhat more covered up then just gloves with a throw away pair of scissors to cut suit off so there would be less pulling. Along with either a red bag big enough to stand on so the items dropped down or something to weigh it down and keep it open so items could be placed in without always having to open the bag.

Is anyone else buying a few "basics" just in case we have a problem? Ebola or even a nasty flu virus?

So far this is my list:
Latex Gloves
10 pack of surgical face masks
Container of Clorox Germicidal w/Bleach wipes (for the car, to clean gloves before removing)
A pair of 18" black PVC Gloves (only $4.99 on Amazon)
Some heavy duty plastic bags to use as disposable shoe covers
Spray Bottle of Alcohol
Eye Protection (Safety or shooting glasses)
A couple of gallons of bleach (with a distant expiration date)
Optional: Dupont Chem Suit with Hoodie ($14.99)

The way I see it everything on the list can be used around the house even if it is not needed as a precaution against disease.

Attachments

• 41hpEvlBkLL._SS100_.jpg
    41hpEvlBkLL._SS100_.jpg
    1.5 KB · Views: 208
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics