Ebola outbreak - general thread #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That fool Wolf Blitzer just said that she was carried onto the plane. I saw her walk up the stairs! geeze. JMO

The ruff life of the Ebola nurse’s dog

The precious pup of one of the Dallas nurses battling Ebola is enjoying his time in quarantine.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/15/dog-of...w&utm_source=NYPTwitter&utm_medium=SocialFlow

B0AjUhpIcAEUg3w.jpg

Oh my gosh. Sweetest face ever.

I WANT TO KNOW: Did Ms. Pham stay in Dallas because her BF is there, or did no one offer to transfer her?
She did everything right after being exposed in the line of her nursing duties. She let them take her dog- she didn't hide Bentley with a friend or relative. She went to the hospital, that awfully nasty hospital with waste piled to the ceiling in a room during Mr. Duncan's illness, and she willingly was admitted to isolation.

Why are there two levels of care being provided for two nurses who took care of Duncan? Did Vinson threaten to sue? I know how that works! It gets huge results in about 10 seconds. I just saw her climbing into the Lear Jet. While Nina Pham is stuck at a hospital known for not good things right now.

We don't have the answer to that right now. Maybe Ms. Pham wanted to stay?

Maybe Ms. Writebol?

Wasn't it said she had malaria too? Will that make her unable to donate?

I do hope someone will be a match. nurse 2 made a huge mistake but she cared for Mr Duncan at great risk to herself (and with no apparent training from her hospital), so would hope for a full recovery for her.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can YOUR area hospital test for Ebola? Because now it's been released that neither Dallas County Health Department nor any hospital in Dallas County can test for it.
They are " trying to get approval". OMG!

Maybe because Ms.Pham got the transfusion from Dr. Brantly and is doing better now?

I do hope someone will be a match. nurse 2 made a huge mistake but she cared for Mr Duncan at great risk to herself (and with no apparent training from her hospital), so would hope for a full recovery for her.

Oh, I think you are right. Damn.

If it would serve as a cure for ebola, I'd take my chances with malaria. But it makes total sense that she would be ineligible to donate.

This is like watching a freaking movie.

What amazes me watching this private plane take this 1 patient away is the total irony that is shown by not making a simple and less costly (both money cost + lives being cost) decision to restrict travel for people traveling from those affected countries.

Instead we continue to risk future incidents and then we will jump through hoops and hire private jets to transfer all the patients around who get sick.

Why not try to nip this in the bud instead. I suppose that makes too much sense.

I dread to see what would happen when our health care systems get overloaded with many ebola patients. I seriously doubt there will be a private jet for everyone.

Yes, she said herself she had malaria and when she got Ebola, she thought it was malaria again, because symptoms are similar.

As a nurse, I am extremely concerned for Nina Pham, who, for some unknown reason, was not transferred to one of the 4 Level 4 Biohazard containment hospitals.. She cannot get the same level of care as this Vinson woman, because she's stuck at the hospital where she got sick in the first place and which is a doofus hospital that probably still can't use PPE correctly with an Ebola positive patient.

I WANT TO KNOW: Did Ms. Pham stay in Dallas because her BF is there, or did no one offer to transfer her?
She did everything right after being exposed in the line of her nursing duties. She let them take her dog- she didn't hide Bentley with a friend or relative. She went to the hospital, that awfully nasty hospital with waste piled to the ceiling in a room during Mr. Duncan's illness, and she willingly was admitted to isolation.

Why are there two levels of care being provided for two nurses who took care of Duncan? Did Vinson threaten to sue? I know how that works! It gets huge results in about 10 seconds. I just saw her climbing into the Lear Jet. While Nina Pham is stuck at a hospital known for not good things right now.

I think because her condition is improved after she got blood transfusion from Dr. Brantly. Maybe they think she is safe and there is no need for her to be transferred. At least right now she appears to be in very good shape.

Yuk, I have no worries about a out of control thing, but it is depressing, its gross, to see men in space suits , poor nurse in a strethcher, on this the color of the sun when she was coming out of the ambulance and being placed into in the jet. Depressing. The color of the plane depressing.

Its yuk, like a trailer of a movie. Imagine just having people who talk to you sounding odd through the mask.

Nursing, are these folks, get , from fever when it gets high like delerious, out of it, so they dont have to feel anything, can they be just drugged, or could that make stuff worse, it would be better IMO if they counld just like go into a coma for 6 days, but would the vomiting make it so they cant be put out into la la land instead of lying there with martions walking around you,

It is depressing............................................

I thought it would be more :

Emory, they are the National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, in Bethesda, Md., a hospital at the University of Nebraska in Omaha and St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Mt. The facilities in Atlanta and Omaha have successfully treated Americans infected with Ebola overseas without any healthcare workers contracting the virus. Though transporting future cases to these facilities may be prudent, they have limited beds: only 19 between them, according to CNN.

Excue me CNN until 19 beds are filled no one gets treated anywhere else Thank YOU

Citizens

Wolf is a moron He just said "The PResident will be speaking soom, as soon as he starts talking we will hear what he has to say"

Cant spell /type - is that the stupidest set of words in that order you have heard.........
http://time.com/3510197/ebola-cdc-hospitals/

[h=2][/h]

Cariis: The end stage effects of the ebola virus on the human body are pretty awful. The virus gets into the cells and keeps replicating and replicating until it acutally bursts the cell. It then goes on to the next cell. But it does this so rapidly that there are millions of viruses affecting millions of cells within the body. Basically it liquefies the internal organs, beginning with the lining of the digestive system.

Of course, all of this is very painful, so yes, the patient would be given pain meds to control the pain.

The disease is very quick - people go from initial fever to death in anywhere from 3 - 15 days, with the average being 8 days, as I recall.

I hope this information is not too graphic, but it is what happens.

For excellent detailed information about the ebola virus, a book called "The Hot Zone" can be download onto your PC from Kindle for $4.99. It is written pretty much in laymen's language and is about an outbreak of ebola in research monkeys at Ft. Detrich, Maryland several years ago.

Do anchors just read monitors and never really watch the news? Sure seems that way. JMO

I know with blood donation rules, you can't donate blood for two years if you have been in an country with malaria. I don't know about Dr. Brantley....

But if you can't donate blood for two years because of the risk of malaria, maybe you can't ever donate of you have had malaria?

I think because her condition is improved after she got blood transfusion from Dr. Brantly. Maybe they think she is safe and there is no need for her to be transferred.

In the standards of care, a person infected with Ebola is infected with Ebola. It can progress rapidly, even after someone seems to have had an " improvement". This is not treating patients equitably, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne