Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How's this for logic -

CNSNews.com) - Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said during a telephone press briefing Wednesday that you cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/brittany-m-hughes/cdc-you-can-give-can-t-get-ebola-bus

:waitasec: That makes absolutely zero sense. You can infect other people but can't be infected by other people?

How's this for logic -

CNSNews.com) - Dr. Tom Frieden, director of the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), said during a telephone press briefing Wednesday that you cannot get Ebola by sitting next to someone on a bus, but that infected or exposed persons should not ride public transportation because they could transmit the disease to someone else.

http://cnsnews.com/news/article/brittany-m-hughes/cdc-you-can-give-can-t-get-ebola-bus

:waitasec: That makes absolutely zero sense. You can infect other people but can't be infected by other people?

I saw a great interview with someone on the Al-Jazeera network last night. He was very honest and knowledgeable. He said the bottom line is that there is still some unknowns about this disease and so you always want to error on side of safety.

The CDC person is plain wrong because we know that the Ebola virus can live in fluids for a period of time outside the body, so if the guy next to you on bus sneezes on armrest, and then you lean your arm on that armrest and have a small scratch OR maybe then just rub your eyes, you possibly could catch it.

So they need to quite giving out incorrect information. Instead of saying you "cant" catch it, he may have been correct maybe if he said it is unlikely. But please dont go giving out incorrect information.

I am really beginning to conclude we just have total incompetance in how the CDC officials are handling this crisis in both the media and in their actions.

She also explains about using tape to "protect their necks".

It isn't as bad as it sounded, at that point they had Tyvek suits with hoods, though the masks sound flimsy. There was a gap where the suit zips under the neck and then goes into a hood, so using tape to seal the gap between the suit and a FULL airtight face mask would make sense and is probably commonly done (if they had a good face mask, and they didn't).

I commend her for telling it like it is. If the hospital officials would just be honest with folks instead of putting their own spin on things, I honestly feel that nobody (like this nurse) would have had to come out to give the "real story".

Why cant the hospital officials just be honest and open with people that they screwed up, apologize, and say they are making huge changes to do it correctly if there is ever another case. If they would have done that from the beginning, then I almost guarantee there would not be a need for nurses like this to give the real story.

Dont they realize when they are putting out their spin that all the employees are listening and realizing its a bunch of BS, and they get angry about it, and finally someone is going to give the real story. Again, just no common sense for a lot of the officials I have seen in the news.

When are they going to learn that people can handle the truth and people are generally very forgiving if they are just told the truth about things.

BBM
B/c it's become standard practice to lie, cover up, and throw blame. Govt officials in particular fail to take any responsibility for making a mistake, it's always someone else's fault. and even when a mistake is made most aren't held accountable, which is ironic considering that negative ramifications are presumably what they are looking to evade.

I commend her for telling it like it is. If the hospital officials would just be honest with folks instead of putting their own spin on things, I honestly feel that nobody (like this nurse) would have had to come out to give the "real story".

Why cant the hospital officials just be honest and open with people that they screwed up, apologize, and say they are making huge changes to do it correctly if there is ever another case. If they would have done that from the beginning, then I almost guarantee there would not be a need for nurses like this to give the real story.

Dont they realize when they are putting out their spin that all the employees are listening and realizing its a bunch of BS, and they get angry about it, and finally someone is going to give the real story. Again, just no common sense for a lot of the officials I have seen in the news.

When are they going to learn that people can handle the truth and people are generally very forgiving if they are just told the truth about things.

This nurse made a very courageous moral decision especially given the fact that she is the sole support of 2 young daughters. No doubt Dallas Presbyterian will fire her but I certainly hope she can find work elsewhere. She was obviously distressed during the interview because she is well aware of the risk she is taking. It takes a special kind of person to stand up & tell the truth in the face of the likely repercussions.

Just before midnight, Frontier Airlines issued a statement that mentioned the possibility that Vinson had symptoms while aboard the plane. On Wednesday afternoon, "Frontier was notified by the CDC that the passenger may have been symptomatic earlier than initially suspected, including the possibility of possessing symptoms while onboard the flight," the statement said.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ebola-dallas-20141016-story.html#navtype=outfit

Frontier Airlines said it took the jet that carried Vinson out of service for decontamination, but according to FlightAware.com, the A320 made five additional flights after Vinson's trip before it was cleaned up and restored to service.

In Ohio, Kent State University, without naming Vinson, said the ill nurse had three relatives working there, and it asked them to stay off campus for 21 days while they were monitored for Ebola symptoms.

"Considering" ? How about just do it.
It seems to me that the CDC and the whole Ebola response continues to not error on the side of safety. I honestly don't think they fully understood the severity of this disease at first or how easy it is to catch it. The 1 CDC person on the news that I saw from the beginning just seemed to not have the right attitiude on this from the very beginning. It seems instead of always erroring on side of safety, it was just the opposite and doing as little as possible to not inconvenience anyone like forced travel bans or necessary quaranteens or real hands-on monitoring.

I think a requirement for the CDC chief should be to go to Africa and visit a clinic and watch how the disease attacks people so quickly and results in death within a week for roughly 1/2 or more of its patients. Perhaps if he was able to witness its devastation, he would start to error on side of safety instead of other way around.

He did visit a clinic in Liberia. But I must say, he sounds unrealistically upbeat about controlling ebola anytime soon.

[video=youtu;sfw_dcAnZPg]http://youtu.be/sfw_dcAnZPg[/video]

The CDC letting her on that flight was beyond moronic. And among other reasons, here is why. Flights take time. Sometimes an hour or more even on short flights by the time you taxi, fly, land, and deboard the plane. We know from other cases on flights, that people can get more ill very fast during the flight. And then you have a situation where the patient is trapped on that flight.

So she herself could have gotten much sicker and needed immediate medical attention and then she could not get it. As well as the obvious risk to others if she started to vomit all over the plane.

He did visit a clinic in Liberia. But I must say, he sounds unrealistically upbeat about controlling ebola anytime soon.

[video=youtu;sfw_dcAnZPg]http://youtu.be/sfw_dcAnZPg[/video]

Thanks Brightbird. This Frieden person is the one I have been most upset with in his interviews. I did not realize he went over there. For someone that has seen the devastation, I am surprised of his nonchalant attitude about this disease.
It is now so obvious he was just downplaying the disease and giving out incorrect information for some other agenda reason. Perhaps the white house has directed his messages. It almost seems like that has to be the reason.

He needs to be replaced immediately.
He reminds me of Michael Brown and the Katrina disaster. Just throwing out incorrect spin and basically lying to the public.

The crazy thing to me is most people see right through his BS and for him to even think people were buying his BS is what is amazing.

Eric King @EricKingNBC5 · 15m15 minutes ago

Dallas Nurse- we asked our infectious disease team for protocol- were told "we don't know,will call you back"

Dallas Nurse- they're supposed to be prepared for the "what if."my dept has not had an educator for 8 months

Dallas Nurse- there's been no one of making sure we're up to date on policies and procedures.

Dallas Nurse- "she was not wearing anything close to what we're wearing now to care for #dallasebola patients.

Dallas Nurse did treat #ninapham - and is being monitored as a result.

Dallas Nurse-I threw a fit.I couldn't believe in 2nd week of #dallasebola crisis,the only gear we had left neck uncovered

Dallas nurse-"why would i be wearing 3pairs of gloves,2pair of booties, plastic suit over entire body w/NECK exposed.

Dallas Nurse- says nurses used 1" tape to cover gap left by protective gear.

I thought about the respirator/mask yesterday in reference to it not being able to travel through the air in spittle. If it can't what is that for? jmo idk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hiyaworld