Ebola outbreak - general thread #6

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Schools closed, flight crew put on leave, more details on Vinson's condition when she took the flight. http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-patients-flight-schools-close-in-two-cities/

Ever since Duncan set foot on American soil on Sept. 20, medical personnel seemed to take one misstep after the other. And the latest may have been the decision to let Vinson fly. Officials said she was running a fever of 99.5 degrees — below the 100.4-degree mark outlined in CDC screening guidelines. Still, Frieden said Wednesday that Vinson should not have been permitted to go anywhere given her risk of exposure.

I am sure I read last night that Vinson had called the CDC prior to flying and was told it was OK to fly. Does anybody else remember reading that? If it is true who gave her the OK?

And now today the CDC is considering putting all people being monitored on the no fly list. I think they should do that, but it should not be necessary. These people should know it is not a good idea to fly anywhere and risk infecting other people. What is wrong with people today? Are people that self centered that they have no concern for others or the society as a whole?

I don't know who he is, but it appears by his belt buckle that he has been to a rodeo or two. jmo idk

Supposedly, he is a CDC employee. Emory said he's not their employee. The ambulance company said he isn't their employee. I suppose he could be a member of the airline. But CDC employee is still a choice...

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/10/14/CIDRAP-Confirms-Ebola-Transmittable-by-Air

http://www./1541821/ebola-is-airborne-university-of-minnesota-cidrap-researchers-claim/

:please: let this not be true. Don't think brietbart is a blog? Not sure about the other . That's why I added both , in case one is not ok.

We had a lengthy discussion on this just yesterday and a lot of us were saying the same thing. Small microscopic air particles or breath mist. Who is to say its not possible. On a cold day when your breath steams up, just watch how it travels when you breath out.

I continue to say lets just error on side of safety with this disease and not the other way around. I am all for saying that nurses should be given respirators instead of simple masks.

The move is being considered as a response to Wednesday's disclosure that Dallas nurse Amber Joy Vinson was cleared to fly on a commercial airliner earlier this week despite having been exposed to the Ebola virus while treating Thomas Edward Duncan at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital.

On Monday, a CDC official cleared Vinson to fly from Cleveland to Dallas on board Frontier Airlines Flight 1143 despite the fact that she had called and reported having a slight fever, one of the common symptoms of the Ebola virus.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...es-people-monitored-for-ebola-to-no-fly-list/

bbm

This one it refers to the trip back to dallas.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...4e7d6e-54a0-11e4-892e-602188e70e9c_story.html

Before she boarded that flight, the woman, identified by Ohio officials as Amber Joy Vinson, 29, informed the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention that she was running a temperature of 99.5 degrees, a federal official told The Washington Post.

That was below the 100.4-degree* threshold in CDC guidelines for screening travelers who have been in Ebola-affected countries, and which triggers a secondary screening. The CDC did not prohibit Vinson from traveling on the plane back to Dallas, said the official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity because of the sensitive nature of the issue.

IDK if they knew she was flying out but looks like she called about the rise in temp while in cleveland and was givin the ok to fly back to dallas, jmo idk.

Supposedly, he is a CDC employee. Emory said he's not their employee. The ambulance company said he isn't their employee. I suppose he could be a member of the airline. But CDC employee is still a choice...

All things considered, I would guess he is from the hospital. :facepalm:

Good morning
coffee_zpsaa09ff27.gif

Please remember that anything political regarding ebola belongs in the political pavilion. The thread is titled Contagious Diseases.

Weird ...... how do they then get off the list? I've heard so many strange stories of mistaken identity on that no fly list. Curiouser and curiouser .

It's a one way street, they will ban the ones here that have been exposed but won't ban the ones there from coming here, it make no sense to me. jmo idk

Just before midnight, Frontier Airlines issued a statement that mentioned the possibility that Vinson had symptoms while aboard the plane. On Wednesday afternoon, "Frontier was notified by the CDC that the passenger may have been symptomatic earlier than initially suspected, including the possibility of possessing symptoms while onboard the flight," the statement said.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-ebola-dallas-20141016-story.html#navtype=outfit

Frontier Airlines said it took the jet that carried Vinson out of service for decontamination, but according to FlightAware.com, the A320 made five additional flights after Vinson's trip before it was cleaned up and restored to service.

In Ohio, Kent State University, without naming Vinson, said the ill nurse had three relatives working there, and it asked them to stay off campus for 21 days while they were monitored for Ebola symptoms.

Great news.......

Eric King @EricKingNBC5 · 36s36 seconds ago

Nurse-infectious team told doctor it would be ok to go from room w/#dallasebola patient into another w/out disinfecting herself #breaking

What? So not only healthcare workers but the other patients in the hospital need to be monitored. I literally am afraid to read the next head line at this point. This is a joke.
There is an election in 3 weeks. Every person with a job today who is a part of this bumbling , ball dropping clusterFbomb needs to be replaced in November.

Good morning
coffee_zpsaa09ff27.gif

Please remember that anything political regarding ebola belongs in the political pavilion. The thread is entitled Contagious Diseases.

Morning Boss !

Is there an ebola thread in the politics forum ?

It's a one way street, they will ban the ones here that have been exposed but won't ban the ones there from coming here, it make no sense to me. jmo idk

I totally agree. It is backwards

They should at least require a 21-day holding area for people from the affected areas that really want to travel. That way, they can still come if they are proven to not be ill.

But instead, we will continue to just jump through all these hoops and monitor hundreds of people, hire private jets, and cause all this crisis. Doesnt make any sense at all to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member